And Then She Was Gone

By CerrahQuack

A perfectly planned and coordinated cross country trip sends a young woman's world spiraling out of control w... More

The Departure
Goodbye Alex
Heading West
Small Town Vibes
Coffee For Two
So Awkward
So What's The Game Plan?
Forward Down The Path!
Adapt and Overcome
Into The Wolves Den
Old Friends
Your Color Lacks Conviction
Tell Me More...
One Condition
On Our Terms
Happily Ever After
Sharing Spaces
The Guest Of Honor
Did He...?
Check Mate
A Challenge
Alpha Mathias
A Tense Exchange
Let Me Explain
Ground Rules
Candelit Dinner
Night Night
An Exercise
Cleanse Yourself
Hush
Time For A Lesson
The Mess Hall
A Change of Pace
Submit
A Fresh Start
Barbie Girl
Missing Pieces
Ying and Yang
A Compromise
The Beast
A Storms Coming
An Irregularity
Gentle Hands
Can We Go Already?
Home Sweet Home
More Chocolate Please
You're Beautiful
What Happened?
So Now You Need Me?
Baby Steps
Carried Off To Sea
Testing The Formula
What's the problem?
You Wont
Wounded Pride
A New Assignment
You Called Her?
A Fresh Start
Building The Foundation
Some Time Apart
Ill Be Waiting
A Long Day
Don't Make Me Change My Mind
Patience
It Takes Two To Tango
Gal Pals
Mathias: The Beginning
Pay Attention To Me
A Hard Lesson
Mine
It's all bullshit, right?
Little Wolf
The Alphas Kryptonite
Pick One
Hope
Disappointed Expectations
Routine Followup
She Took The Stairs
Thoroughly Spent
The Alphas Best Friend
Home
Time To Change
House Warming
A New Routine
A Surprise
Tease
A Blonde, A Brunette and a Red Head Walked Into a Bar...
We Meet Again
Eat Your Words
Mr. Sensitive
You're So Annoying
Girl Time
The Domino Effect
Fractured
The Betas Dilemma
New Developments
Measured Steps
I Got You
Whats Happening?
Alpha Mathias: July 1763- Trouble
Recovery
You Need To Wake Up
The Past Meets The Present
Running Theories
The Rumor Mill
The Mad Queen
Set In Motion
Phone Date
Package Received
Elena: July 1763
An Error Of Dissociation
A Slight Delay On Pay Day
Internal Struggle
A Heavy Burden
A Perfect Night
First Watch
You're Not Forgiven
Destiny
A Firsthand Account
The Perfect Storm
It's Over
Recuperation
Battle Ready
Green With Envy
An Alternative Perspective
Growing Pains
Show Me
Boys are from Mars, Girls are from Venus
You Win Some, You Lose Some
Tangled Webs
Divided Interests
The Lazy Luna
Party Crasher
The Lunas Guard
The Missing Piece
Communication
Thank You
It Puts The Lotion On The Skin
The Love Of A Mate

Baby Sitting Detail

478 31 0
By CerrahQuack

When Jason had brought Elizabeth to Marks room, the two betas were already waiting for her and Samantha was gone. Cane was the one who delivered the needle with the mood stabilizer. Despite, his large stout stature and his hard face, he treated her arm with a gentle care as he cleaned the skin of her bicep with an antiseptic before inserting the needle into her flesh. He earned a shocked expression from Elizabeth, as he quietly apologized to her wincing expression in his throaty voice and quickly applied a band aid to the needle mark. Cane was a man of little words and he had never spoken directly to her prior, his sensitivity to her discomfort was  surprising to say the least.

Mark had requested the other Beta to be the one to administer the medication, knowing that Elizabeth had still been cross with him earlier in the morning and not wanting to start off on the wrong foot with their babysitting detail. He held a sheepish expression, all though he was perfectly content with his decision to prevent her from jumping, he still found a discomfort with her being upset with him.

They had already ordered room service, and had a bountiful breakfast waiting for her arrival, ordering plenty of food, where all five of them would sit and eat together prior to Jason and Jacob leaving. None of them talked about the specific details of what would be discussed in the meeting today. Instead, all of the men entered into idle small talk as they sat in various spots about the room eating their own breakfasts, discussing their own pack matters that were not affiliated with the direct situation they were all handling at present.

Elizabeth as expected was muted in conversation as the medication quickly set in within her system, and needed constant prodding to continue eating under Jason's direction, he once again finding a irritation with having to sedate her but rationalizing it that this was only a momentary need and he would find the final solution. When he was satisfied that she had eaten enough, he took her to the restroom before he readied himself to leave, opting to give her a chance to do so with him before she was stuck with having to be watched by one of the betas. She managed to release her bladder in a hazy fog under his gently guided words, an opportunity she would appreciate later if she made it the rest of the day without having to use the facilities again. He deposited a kiss on her forehead, before him and Jacob were to finally make their exit, soft words promising he would be back as soon as everything had been settled during their meeting, her head nodding slowly only once he grabbed her attention with a gentle hand under her chin to guide her eyes to his.

"We should be arriving early for the meeting. Text me every half hour to let me know how she is fairing, and call me immediately if any problems arise." Jason said over to Mark and Cane who gave nods in return.

"I'm sure we'll be fine." Mark said looking over to Elizabeth who was once again standing in a stupor in front of Jason. "We'll just kick back and relax, watch some movies." he said with a shrug, knowing full well that they were all in fact detained to the room in Jason's absence.

"She likes romances and comedies.." he said looking down to her blank face. "Put something along those lines on." his eyes searching hers for recognition, his words depicting that he was trying to push for something to elicit a sense of comfort for her.

"I'm down with chic flicks." Mark replied with a shrug, grabbing at the remote and sifting through the purchasable options  available to them.

"That one. It's good." Cane said with a firm nod accentuated with his tightly crossed arms, as Mark landed on an option as he perused, causing the goofy betas jaw to drop as he slowly looked over to him.

"It's fucking depressing, that's what it is. You watch this kind of shit?" Mark questioned incredulously as the rough Beta had picked out a sappy story about star crossed lovers, Cane only responding with a shrug of his shoulders before flickering his eyes back to the screen, indicating he was still firm on the option.

"Okay, well have fun on your date ladies." Jason said with a shake of his head before him and Jacob departed, failing to catch the glare Mark had produced, Cane being unaffected with his tease.

"Elizabeth." Mark called out to her, as she stood by the door staring at its closed hold after Jason disappeared behind it. "Elizabeth." he said a little bit louder, finally garnering her attention as she turned around to look at him. "Do you agree with this shit?" he pointed to the screen, his other hand waving her over, to which she complied with gliding footsteps in his direction and her head slowly turning to the tv.

"Oh yes." she said softly, with a barely present smile. "I like this one."

"Told you. It's good." the stout beta said with a firm head nod, sending a wink over to the blonde for her agreeing to his suggestion.

"Look, Elizabeth. I know you're pissed at me, but I'm your favorite beta. You're supposed to be on my side." Mark said firmly, his tone showing a seriousness behind his playful words, a slight jealousy formed at her opting against his protest.

"I'm not mad." she said with a small shake of her head. "Let's watch." she said moving over to the bed and taking a seat against the headboard, her eyes zoning out on the tv.

"The fucking betrayal." Mark said with a shake of his own head as he reluctantly purchased the travesty of a movie under forced direction of being outnumbered by both her and the other beta.

"Hah." Cane voiced a singular laugh, being quite pleased with himself, his eyes focusing in on the movie as he sat on the table across the room. Who knew the burly man was fond of chic flicks, especially the sad depressing ones.

-----------------

Elizabeth had only made it about forty-five minutes through the movie, during this time her body slowly shifted down the bed, and her eyes grew heavier. The end result left her being curled up in the fetal position with arms wrapped around a pillow, and her eyes rapidly moving underneath her lids, an outward sign indicating she most likely was in REM sleep. Mark had shifted the comforter out from underneath her frame, despite her rude actions against him in the movies selections, and tucked her in neatly. Cane remained absorbed in the movie, moving from the top of the table to the end of the bed, where he leaned back with his arms folded behind his head, ensuring he kept his distance from her slumbering form as he finished out the rest of it. His ice blue eyes misting towards the end, but no other sign of unrest appearing in their hue.

"Great, now I want to kill myself." Mark said at the movies ending. "Why do people watch this shit?" he said with a shake of his head, quickly grabbing at the remote and determining he was in charge of the next movie selection, needing a pick me up from the depressing mood the movie had placed him in.

"They just arrived at the pack house." Cane said, ignoring the whining beta as he looked at the group text sent.

"Well hopefully the meeting goes well. The sooner we get her stepped down and out of the position, the better. Poor girl needs a break." Mark said with a headshake.

"Will the blood ceremony really be effective if she is not the true Alpha who won the challenge?" Cane questioned as he watched carefully Mark's selection process, making sure he wasn't putting on something mind rotting and idiotic.

"Who fucking knows, man. This whole situation is fucked. I feel bad for her, she's too innocent for this bullshit."  the blonde beta replied with a sigh, selecting a classic comedy everyone could agree on, more specifically Cane, who was the only one who could vocally protest his decision.

"She's a good kid." Cane said with a nod.

"Do you even know her?" Mark scoffed, a clear disbelief at Cane's words. He had literally never seen him say a word to her, and he spoke as if he knew her, and was fond of her. "You've never even talked to her."

"I'm not good at speaking with women. So I don't." he gave another shrug. "Doesn't mean I don't pay attention."

"So you don't talk to Marie?" Mark said narrowing his eyes.

"She's my mate, it's different." Cane said giving him a side eyed glance. "And Miss. Elizabeth, is Jason's mate. In case you need reminding." he said with a smirk.

"Elizabeth and I have bonded on another level." he said matter-of-factly with his own smirk, as if rubbing it in that he truly was the favorite beta, something he held pride in.  "Besides, I got my own girl. And dear God can she move." he said heavily as if he could almost see Samantha winding and grinding on top of him.

"I hope this works out for her." Cane said, turning his head around to Elizabeth, returning to the conversation from earlier, the part before Mark began thinking with his dick.

"Best case scenario, is the blood ceremony works, and Alex assumes the Alpha position in Pinecrest. It would be only fitting since his family has held the role throughout the years. That pricks mate doesn't even want to be around him, if the allies know what's good for them, they'll fall in line or we'll step in." Mark said with a shrug, his blue eyes honing into the movie and giving a small laugh at the slapstick humor on full display.

"That's all good and well, but how do we separate those fuckers from the two of them? I couldn't really give two shits about Alex, but Miss. Elizabeth needs a reprieve." Cane said looking back at the TV, and staring at it idly, this not really being his jive but it being better than the other possibilities Mark could have picked.

"It's definitely something to do with his mate. She's the key, we just have to figure out what to do with her." Mark said almost blankly as his attention was focused on the screen, giving out an abrupt laugh, which roused the blonde.

"You fucking idiot." Cane hissed at him as he turned to look at the young woman shifting in the bed and emitting small moans with furrowed brows indicating she was waking up.

"Shit. Sorry." Mark said sheepishly looking back at her. "Maybe, shell go back to sleep." he whispered, she immediately making him eat his words as her upper body rose from its position and fingers began to rub at her eyes.

"D-did I miss the movie?" she asked in low tone, fatigue still laden in her voice as she continuously rubbed the sleep away from her eyes.

"Yeah, sorry to say, but you passed out, beautiful." Mark said looking back at her.

"Oh." her voice was soft and sounded as if she was upset at the news she missed the movie, as she began to shift her body out of the bed still rubbing tensely at her fatigue with pressed fingertips. "Can we watch another?" she said walking away from the bed, and towards the bathroom.

"Where you going, hun?" Mark asked, standing up and beginning to follow her.

"I have to pee." she said as slow as her bodies pace, seeming as if she was still drifting on that magical weightless tide provided by the medication.

"Okay, doll. Let's go." he said quickly ending up right behind her with her slow movements.

"I can go by myself." she sighed out.

"Sorry, babe. Jason's orders." he said with a head shake as he walked into the bathroom behind her, she stopping her movement right in front of the sink as her shoulders dropped and she let out a heavy exhale through her lips.  "I know it sucks. Believe me, its not my favorite part of the day either." he said with a sympathetic cock of his head as he folded his arms across his chest and picked up on her dejection from behind. Her eyes were still closed, but she covered them anyway with the flat palms of her hands, as she began to audibly weep into them, her shoulders shaking as she became more overwhelmed with her upset. "Aw honey, it's okay. I wont look." Mark said walking around her, and placing a gentle hand on her bicep to soothingly rub at it. "It's only temporary..." he spoke softly to her, trying to calm her down.

Her hands dropped, but her eyes remained shut as she took a deep inhale through her nose, trying to collect her senses. "I said." her tone becoming more deep and firm. Her eyes opening and revealing the stark gold at the same time her hand gripped at the side of his head roughly. "I can go by myself." her words coming out sharp and dark as she propelled his head into the bathroom mirror, the glass shattering and his head being lacerated immediately upon making contact with the glass.

"What the fuck?!" Mark yelled out, his hands going up to his head in reaction, as he quickly tried to recover his senses, only for his head to be grabbed again and slammed down onto the marble counter top of the bathroom counter, making him drop on the floor from the intensity of the unexpected blow.

Cane was quick to respond to the crashing sounds and Marks yell from the bathroom, a needle with a purple solution in his hand, forcefully shoved into her neck. He  failing to depress the solution as he was quickly elbowed back with force to the side of the head, being disoriented on impact. The syringe was withdrawn from her neck by her own hand and was slammed into his bicep where the full amount of the solution was dispelled into his arm, his frame stumbling back against the wall before his body began to collapse with an audible pained groan.

Her attention returned to Mark who was on his hands and knees and trying to clamber up to his feet, a powerful kick being delivered to his side and knocking him over, where he was kicked repeatedly in the stomach forcing the air out of his lungs and his body trying to cradle against each blow. His body finally went limp with a firm final kick to his jaw resulting in a temporary loss of consciousness, as the last kick ended up with another blow to his head as it met with the side of the tub.

The gold eyes looked over the two betas with satisfaction, before the delicate thin fingers of her hand began to rifle through Mark's pocket, procuring his phone and utilizing his limp thumb to unlock it. The mainline of the pack house was called and Beta Cano was requested upon by her deep voice demanding for immediate response.

There was barely a pause before the Beta picked up.

"Alpha, where are you? How can I be of assistance?" Cano said in rushed fashion, obviously being on high alert due to the secretaries warning.

"I am on my way back. Shaded Mountain pack is no longer considered a neutral party, and needs to be considered as hostiles. Detain Master Beta Alex, on the charge of treason. Get those fuckers off my territory, you will be unable to detain Alpha Jason on your own. Prepare the military for war, and call the Allies and let them know that I had been drugged by their pack during the meeting, in order to create a false narrative he could utilize. Ensure that they know that Alpha Jason cannot be trusted, and that he will use any means necessary to disturb the peace. If any of them fail to represent with their allegiance, notify me upon my arrival. You will now assume the Master Beta Role, refill your position with the best candidate of your choosing." She spoke in firm clear authority, venom in her tone as she spat out quickly her directives.

"I will handle this immediately. Thank you Alpha for the honor." Beta Cano said with an unseen nod.

"Thank you for your loyalty." she said before hanging up the line, and dropping the phone carelessly on the ground.

Gold eyes trailed back over to Canes ice blue eyes straining and wincing with pain and fatigue as he grunted lowly, his body rigid and curling within itself. His pockets being sifted through as well to find the set of keys within his possession, she not giving another look in his direction as she left the hotel room leaving the two betas fallen on the floor.

"M-mark.." Canes weak voice cried out to him, trying to call the attention of the unconscious blonde beta. His vocal chords straining as he loudly grunted against the effects of the toxin, the dose a little to high for his bodies capabilities as it had been measured for an Alpha. He needed the antidote and could not procure it on his own in his current state. "MARK!" he strained, pulling out all of his available strength through gritted teeth. "MARK!" he bellowed, garnering some recognition from the the shifting of the other mans body, who began to cradle his head and groan in distress from the pounding sensation exploding in his head. "H-help..." his voice growing weaker.. "Help m-me..." he cried out again ever so softly in his deep throaty voice.

Mark's vision was doubled, but his eyes still captured the distorted view of Cane with the needle still deposited firmly in his arm. His fight or flight reflex kicking in, as his body began to lift off the floor, only being able to crawl at first, before gripping at the door knob and pulling himself up. He stumbled out of the bathroom and crashed into the wall across from it, using it as a support to guide him to the table across from the bed, where shaky hands reached for the medical kit, his eyes still being unable to focus. After a couple of sweeping grabs, he clutched it within his grip, using the wall to guide him back to the bathroom, where he collapsed on his knees in front of Cane.

"Hold on." he said deeply, with a grunt. The medical kit being opened, and thanking God that they had decided to prefill the syringes upon Jason's insistence. He removing the cap off the needle of an amber filled syringe with his teeth, before he slammed it into Cane's opposite arm, quickly removing it and tensely rubbing at the flesh to spread the antidote quicker into his system. The spinning motion of his head causing him to fall back against the door as soon as his task was done, with his head falling into hands supported by elbows on his bent knees. "What the fuck..."

"Call the Alpha.." Cane grunted, still wincing as his bodies physiology was at war with itself. "Mobilize the army... he's preparing for war."

Mark groaned as he once again forced his bodies movement, his head hanging as his hand swept for the phone on the bathroom floor, his body falling over as he successfully clutched it within his grip. He had to keep an eye closed to focus enough on the screen to reach the Alpha, both eyes closing as he laid on the cold tile and held it against the ear facing the ceiling, deep breaths being pulled in and out of his nose as he tried to recuperate.

"What happened?" Jason said through the line immediately upon answering, his voice was low and barely above a whisper as he was being escorted out through the halls of the pack house.

"She fucked us up, dude." Mark said weakly into the phone. "Almost killed Cane... she dosed him with the wolfsbane..."

"Where is she?" he quickly questioned, a clear anger in his voice despite its low volume. That son of a bitch was going to pay.

"She's heading back... mobilizing her army. We're now at war." he said firmly gripping his temples.

"Fuck!" Jason shouted into the phone, his grip almost crushing it as he was immediately filled with a rage. A moment of silence passed, as he needed the gained attention to be removed from his recent outburst. As soon as he was in the clear to speak again, he resumed with his volume dropping down to just above a whisper once more. "Take care of yourselves. Jacob and I will make the preparations and be there as soon as possible. Monitor Cane and make sure he progresses, re-dose if necessary."

"Yeah.. Sure. We're just going to be hanging out..." Mark said trying to hold back his groan, his body rolling forward onto the tile, and his forehead depressed onto its cold surface.

They had been right, and they had been wrong. In the past the mood stabilizers were enough to keep Elizabeth calm and sedated and quell the intensity of the storms that surrounded her cross emotions as well as  effectively keeping Mathias at bay. However, also in the past, he had not fully surfaced yet. He now had a full grip, and had grown stronger over time. When the mood stabilizers were given to her earlier in the morning, they did in fact sedate Elizabeth. She slipped away, only giving him free clearance to return.

They prepared the dosage of wolfsbane to immobilize the capabilities of an Alpha, but they did not supply enough of the sedative to sedate an Alpha. To put it bluntly, they paved the way for him to reemerge. The combination of Jason being absent from his mate, and then her being pushed into a medicinal sleep state, made it all the easier for Mathias to take a firm grips hold on the present. He listened to every word they said as they chattered amongst themselves while under the assumption she was at rest.

First, he had a mate to deal with, he needed to bring her back to her senses. After he curbed her defiance, he would return his focus to Shaded Mountain. Mathias was thoroughly done with Jonah and his stupid fucking pack. It was time to bring about their end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

441 5 9
I sighed heavily as I scanned the forest. I had heard something or someone to be specific, wandering about. I decided I would leave once I affirmed t...
6.6M 194K 56
"We have a feisty one," he mumbled, tracing kisses down my neck, settling just above my breasts as he admired them, licking his lips. "She said no!"...
817 9 12
Finally he's directly in front of me I cant bare to look into his eyes, to look into an Alphas eyes is a direct challenge. I see his hand abruptly ra...
1.2M 43.3K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...