Here to help (Fullmetal Alche...

By awesomealert

Saving her from a painful issue with her mother, Ash Zelter goes along with the Elrics on their journey in se... More

The beginning
Reminding thoughts
Liore
Family
Past
New enemies
Almost
Night at the Prison
Together
Research
Discontinued

Travel

68 3 0
By awesomealert

Preparing to go to Risembool, we were sitting inside the train. All was quiet until a knock sounded at the window. We look over and see Maes Hughes.

"Hey," his voice is slightly audible through the window.

"Lieutenant Colonel?" Ed asks while he opens the window.

"The folks at the Eastern Command Center are too busy to make it down here. So, I came to see you off instead," Hughes smiles slightly.

"Great. But would you mind telling me... What the Majors doing here?"

Armstrong sparkles as he sits quietly.

"Well, for protection," Hughes states. "What would happen if Scar came after you again? Your in no shape for a fight now Ed," Ed grips his shoulder as Hughes speaks. I look down slightly and bite my lip. I would be able to protect Ed and Al if I was as strong as them.

"The Majors here to help," he continues. "Just try to grin and bear it."

"Children are so stubborn," Armstrong finally speaks.

"Hey shut up," Ed shouts. "I'm not a child!"

"Yes you are," I look away as he yells at me. I smirk.

"Anyways," he looks towards the Major. "Are you sure Al made it on board?"

"Of course. I thought he might get lonely without some company," Armstrong places a hand under his chin and sparkles.

Apparently, there are sheep on this train. So, Armstrong sent him there in with the sheep since he's in a box due to the damage Scar did.

"My brother isn't some kind of farm animal!"

"He isn't, but you seem to be," he looks over at me and glares. I stick my tongue out and smirk once more.

The train whistle blows, meaning that we're about to leave the station. "Oh...its time. Okay, you guys have a safe trip."

Maes salutes us," Stop in and give me a shout out next time time you make it to Central."

We salute back and say our farewell.

~~~*

Along the trip, Ed falls asleep like he usually does. I on the other hand, secretly go to talk to Al. Yet, come back when we make stops.

On a certain stop, Armstrong quickly rushed to see out the window, disturbing and surprising a yawning, awakened, Ed.

"Doctor Marcoh?" He questions, calling out for someone outside. "Doctor Marcoh, that is you, isn't it?"

The man turns back and looks towards us with wide eyes, "It's me! Alex Louis Armstrong from Central."

The man runs away quickly with his bag. Quickly getting away from us.

"Friend of yours?" Ed asks.

"He's from Central," answers Armstrong. "A talented State Alchemist. He was researching into possible medical applications of alchemy. But after the Ishvalin Civil War, he went missing. Just disappeared."

My face shows a look of confusion and curiosity. I look over at Ed and see that face he always makes when he wants to do something.

"Let's go," Ed runs down the train. "Guy like this doctor might know some useful things about bio-alchemy."

I stand up, yet slightly falter as my ankle is still slightly hurt from the battle. I walk as fast as I can while I limper. I make small whimpers of pain, yet continue walking fast.

"Are you okay there Ash?" The Major asked slightly concerned. "If you need, I can carry you to ease you of the pain."

"I am alright. Thank you," I smile and continue on. "Let's go get Al," I make my way towards where he's at and open the door. I make my way through the sheep and stop in front of Al.

"Hey Al," I smile. "We're stopping here because Ed wants to talk to a doctor Major knows."

Speaking those words, both of them come in. Armstrong lifts the box up like its air, leaving me in surprise.

"Off to the see the doctor," I place my elbow on Ed's shoulder. He looks at me with an annoyed expression and shakes my arm off.

"Let's go," Ed walks off.

I sigh and pout. Crossing my arms, I mutter an 'Okay' and follow after.

Armstrong quickly draws a quick, and very good, drawing of this Doctor Marcoh he knows.

"Excuse me," Armstrong questions someone while showing them the drawing. "But do you know who this person is by any chance?"

"Wow Major," Ed looks at the picture. "You can really draw."

"Yeah," I sulk. "Better than any drawing I drew when I was young."

"The art or portages has been passed down to the Armstrong family for generations."

"That man looks like Doctor Maroh to me," the man answers, interrupting our small talk about the drawing.

"Maroh?" Armstrong questions.

"All of our towns Doctors were drafted to help on the battle fields during the Civil War," the man continues, someone walking up beside him. "Then Doctor Maroh came here. He's really been a life saver."

We ask a few other civilians living within the town and ask them the same. They give the same response as the first man we asked. Although, the last one we asked said something about a light and then being cured. I thought it might have been 'it', but it couldn't. Could it?

"Do you know where he resides at?" Ed asks.

She gives us an address and walks away. We look at each other and quickly make our way towards the location.

Walking and asking for directions, we finally arrive. We walk up the stairs, Ed and I making it up first due to the Major holding Al.

"This is it," Es raises his fist up and knocks. Checking to see if the door was open, he grabs hold of the handle. "I'm hom-"

The door is pulled back and someone shoots a gun. I push Ed lightly and I move back swiftly. The bullets is shot between our heads and out into the open.

"What the hell!" I yell.

"Alright," the doctor continues to hold the gun. "Tell me what you three are doing here! Have you come to take me back?"

"Please Doctor," Armstrong raises his hand up."Calm down."

Ed, still shocked by the gun, looks at the Doctor in fright. I just smirk and look up amused.

"I don't ever want to go back. Anything but that," his hands shake, making the gun tremble along with him.

"That's not it. Please, listen," Armstrong reassures.

"So you're here to silence me then," the Doctor begins to sweat.

"No, nothing like that," Armstrong reassures once again

"I won't be tricked by you!"

At this point, Armstrong gets annoyed. He throws the box holding Al at the Doctor and yells, "I'll ask you one more time. Please calm down!"

"Alphonse!" I yell along with Ed.

"Are you alright Alohonse?" I ask. He nods his head and looks at the Doctor.

"Are you alright sir?" I ask once again. He sighs and nods his head.

Armstrong lifts up the box holding Al, and carries it inside. Ed and I help the man up. All of us, excluding Al, take a seat at the table.

"So you've changed your name and decided to live in hiding way out here in the country side," Armstrong begins. "If the rumors I've heard can be believed, when you disappeared, you took top secret material with you."

"I couldn't handle it anymore," the Doctor spoke back. "Order or no order, to have to dirty my hands researching that thing was too much."

"What thing is that?" Ed asks.

"It took so many lives," the doctor ignores Ed's question. "During the Civil War, so many innocent died because of it."

The doctors look down with eyes closed and sighs lightly, yet it's full of stress and painful memories. "I can spend my whole life trying and still never atone for the things i've done. But, I had to do something. So, I came here to be a Doctor and save lives instead of taking them."

"Doctor," Armstrong begins. "What exactly was it you were ordered to do research on? What thing?"

"The Philosopher Stone."

We gasps and look more closely at the Doctor. The silence creates a tense atmosphere.

"The top secret materials I took were my research documents and the stone itself."

Ed abruptly stood from his seat, "You mean you still have it! It's still here?"

I would tell him to calm down, but knowing Ed and his goal, he'll just ignore me. I sigh and look down, my bangs shadowing my eyes.

The Doctor looked back down and reaches into his pocket for something. I nervously look at Ed and see him staring intently at the Doctor. The doctor takes out a small bottle with red liquid. Isn't the stone supposed to be solid?

"How can that be the stone?" Ed questions. "It's a liquid."

The doctor opens the bottle and pours the liquid into the table. I gasp and question in my mind why he does it. Yet, I know he wouldn't do it if he didn't know what would happen.

As it sets in the table, the liquid turns to a solid. [A/N. Science!!! I hate it] Ed gasps.

"The Sieges Stone. The Grand Elixir. The Celestial Stone. The fifth element," speaks Dr. Marcoh with a shushed tone. Ed pokes the substance and it jiggles lightly.

"Just as the Philosopher Stone is called by many names so it can take on many forms." The doctor talks about the stone. "It is not necessarily a stone. This is an incomplete product however. There is no way to know when it will reach its limit and become unusable."

"Finished or not," starts Ed. "It demonstrated plenty of power during the Ishvalin Civil War right?"

Marcoh's face goes wide.

"It's just like that stone that false priest had in Liore," Ed continues. "It was incomplete, but it still amplified his powers considerably. If imitations stones this powerful can be produced, who's to say a complete product can't be created?," Ed slams his hand on the table and smirks. "Please Doctor Marcoh I need access to your research materials!"

The doctor turns towards Armstrong. "Major, who exactly is this boy?"

"This boy is a state alchemist doctor," he answers.

The doctor gasps and stares at Ed with surprise, "What? But he's only a child!" The doctor holds his nose and bends his head down, as if in remembrance. "After the war, there were many state alchemist who turned in their certifications because they refused to serve as human weapons anymore. And now a child."

"You think I don't know what I've signed up for!" Ed shouts, causing the doctors attention to be on him. "I know what I'm doing and I don't have any choice. This is a mistake then it's a mistake that I have to make. There is no other way."

When Ed gets serious he gets serious. I look at both the doctor and Ed and see them staring at each other. The emotion hinted in the atmosphere of the room.

I look over at Al and then at Ed. I bite my lip. "Maybe you should tell him what happened."

Ed nods and tells the doctor everything from the beginning.

"I see. So you've committed the taboo," the doctor stands from his chair and walks toward Al. "Amazing. The ability to transmute a specific person's soul like this. Maybe one as talented as you would be able to produce a complete Philosopher Stone."

Ed smile wide at the doctor's words. "So?"

Although, the doctor speaks, "But, I can't show you my research."

"Why not!" Ed shouts.

"You must not seek after the stone," Doctor Marcoh yells.

"Not even if it's to get our bodies back," Ed argues back.

"Never!," the doctor looks away. "This is the devils research. If you chase the stone, you will go through hell!"

At the doctors words, Ed's anger rises. He stands from his chair and hits the table.  "I've already been through hell!"

I shoot up and shout, "Ed! He's only trying to help you." I look down as tears start to form in my eyes.

Doctor Marcoh shakes his head. "Please. Please just leave."

We stand from our seats and Amrstrong lifts up Al once again. We walk out without saying another word.

Walking down the stairs, I see Ed stop and look up. He continues watching until he continues down the stairs.

Walking in silence, we travel back towards the train station. We take a seat and all is still silent until Armstrong says something.

"Are you sure about this Ed?"

Ed looks up at him confused and mutters a 'huh.'

"Even an incomplete Philosopher Stone could be useful. You could've taken it from the doctor by force," Armstrong finishes.

"Yeah," Ed sighs. "I wanted it so badly, I could almost taste it. But still..."

"But still," Al continues. "We don't want it so badly that we'd be willing to deprive this town of their only doctor to get it."

I smile and look forward as the wind blows my hair back slightly. "Well said Al."

"We gained plenty just by finding out that the Philosopher Stone can be made," Ed smiles. "Now we just have to look for some other way to do it."

"Good Ed," I pet his head.

"I'm not a dog!" He fumes and fumes whereas the rest of us laugh.

Suddenly a sound is heard from a distance. We look towards it and see our train. We stand and wait for the train to stop.

"What about you Major?" Ed speaks. "How do you feel about not reporting back to Central about Doctor Marcoh's location."

"I met a simple small town doctor today," he responds. "I can't see any real reason to report that."

Ed chuckles while I just shake my head. I look up at Al. "How's it like being carried?"

"Pretty fun," he responds. "But it can get boring."

I laugh, yet stop as I hear footsteps coming towards us. I look behind me and see Doctor Marcoh coming towards us.

"Wait!" He yells. He stops and pants with his hands on his knees. He is old after all.

"Doctor Marcoh?" Ed questions.

"This is where my materials are," he hands Ed a slip of paper that is folded. "If you're certain you won't regret learning the truth in the end, start looking here. Look closely. Maybe you'll find the truth hidden within the truth. Ah. I've said to much already."

Ed takes the paper with a surprised look on his face. The doctor walks away, waving his hand in the air as he does. "I hope the day will come when you are able to restore your bodies."

Armstrong salutes while Ed bows. I look atAl and smile. "C'mon. Let's go."

This time, Al rides with us instead of the back of the train.

"Brother, what does the note say?"

"National Central Library. First branch," Ed reads off the note.

"So I'm guessing we're heading straight over there after you get your arm repaired?" Ed nods at my question.

"I get it," Armstrong starts. "Like hiding a tree in the forest. Finding one book in that giant library will be difficult indeed."

I smile and look over at Ed. He smiles wide and slightly whispers, "Finally, another clue about the stone."

The rest of the train ride is quiet, until I speak out. "Hey Ed. What are you gonna tell Winry when we get there?"

He laughs nervously and looks away. "I'm not so sure."

~~~*

Being so excited to be back in Risembool, I run as fast as I can with a broken ankle to Granny(Pinako) and Winry's (and kinda also mine) and see Den waging his tail. He barks as I come closer and await for me to come to him. "Hey Den. How ya' doing!" I pet him and he barks once again.

Granny opens the door to see the why Den is barking. She smiles when she sees me. "Winry!" She yells out. "Winry! There's customers here!"

I limp to her and hug her tight. She hugs me back, smiling and looking at me with concern. I smile and turn back around. We walk outside to wait for Ed, Al, and Armstrong.

"Yo Granny!" Ed greets as he walks with the others.

"We're home!" Al also yells happily.

"Hey Granny," I bend down slightly to her level to whisper to her. "Look at Ed's arm. That's why we're here."

"Oh dear. What have you done now?" She questions.

"A lot has happened. Can you fix us up?" He asks.

They finally reach us and greet each other. Ed introduces the Major to Granny while me and Al are with Den.

"I know haven't seen you for a while Ed, Ash. But Ed, you've gone and grown smaller," Granny remarks.

I try to muffle my laughter, yet it travels out of my mouth as Ed gets angry.

"Granny, you've got it wrong," Ed twitches. "You're supposed to say 'How big you've grown lately Ed'."

"Why would I say something so clearly untrue," she states back.

"I'm still taller than you you mini hag!" He yells back.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see a figure. I look up and see Winry. I smile and wave. She does he same. After that, she picks something up, which I'm guessing is wrench or one of her tools, and throws it. Directly hitting Ed square in the face and causing him to fall backwards.

"I knew it!" I exclaim proudly.

"Shut up!" Yells Ed.

"Edward, I thought I told you to call first when you're heading back here for maintenance," Winry yells as she grips the railing.

"Winry!" Ed yells as he sits up. "Are you trying to kill me!"

She just laughs and says, "Welcome back!"

"Yeah," Ed mutters slightly angry.

I chuckle and yell out to Winry. "Winry! Hey!"

"Hey!" She responds. "Get inside already."

At that statement, we did. We walked inside and greeted Winry and Granny properly.

When Winry asked why we here, Ed showed her and she freaked. "Oh no!"

Ed, casually drinking from a cup, responds with, "Yeah, sorry it's a little smashed up."

"A little smashed up?!" Winry exclaims, shaking at the horrible thing done to her precious auto-mail. "A little? Ed do you seen what you've done to my beautiful creation? I slaved over this!"

"It's basically the same, but just in smaller pieces," Ed smiles.

"Uh oh," I smile and swing my legs as I'm sitting down on a chair. "Someone's gonna get it now."

"You bet he is," Winry walks up to Ed and punches him straight in the face.

"Don't tell me you're a little smashed up to Al?" Winry places her hands on her hips. "What about you Ash?"

"Just a hurt ankle. I'm fine," I smile, showing my teeth.

"Oh," she realizes. "So that's why you were limping." I nod and smile slightly and nervously. I didn't want her to worry.

"What kind of trouble have you guys been getting yourself into?" She argues.

Al slightly hums nervously while I just scratch the back of my head. Angered slightly, she kicks Al's head and hits the top of my head. Al and I joining Ed on the floor.

"Idiots!" She exclaims once again. "All you ever do is worry me."

I sit up and giggle, yet it slightly strained due to the fact I fell and hurt my ankle.

As everything goes quiet, Ed explains the reason for being here and why we need to leave quickly.

We hear a tapping sound and turn to look at the source of the sound. We see Granny emptying out her smoker [A/N Im not really sure what it's called so] "Alright I see," she speaks. "In order to get this information you need, you want to go to Central as soon as possible. Am I right?"

"Yeah," Ed answers. "This is kinda a rush order."

As they were taking a look at Ed, I went outside and sat on the front steps. Den followed after and laid down next to me. I pet him as I looked at the blue sky. I breath in and then smile wide.

"You seem very happy," a voice sounds from behind me.

I look back and smile. "Well, I am back at home."

He chuckles slightly and ruffles my hair as he goes down the steps. I rise a brow up in confusion.

"Where are you going?"

"Mom's grave," he walks on and waves at me. "I'll be back later."

"I see," I whisper to myself. I go back to petting Den, yet feel nothing. I look at the place Den was resting on and see him gone. I look around me and find to see him next to Ed. I shake my head and smile.

I sigh and close my eyes. Yet, my peace is disturbed by a loud noise. I stand and follow the noise. I find Major Armstrong putting wood into pieces with his fist and Al sitting by a barrel.

Armstrong nods at me and takes the wood he's collected inside. I walk towards Al and sit in front of him.

"Hey Al."

"Hey Ashy," a bird flies down and stays on Al's chest armor. I giggle and reach a finger out. The bird grabs onto my finger and sings slightly before flying away.

I look up and see Al looking at me. I tilt my head and ask," What's up Al."

"Um," she shakes his head quickly. "N-nothing sorry."

"Alright?" I shake my head. I look up at the sky and notice it getting darker. "We should head back inside."

"Yeah."

I lift him up with hard effort and take him inside the house. "Oh Ash!"

"What," I set Al down and turn to look back. But before I do, Armstrong takes hold of me and hugs me tight.

"Raised with a caring family, yet it was taken and turned to a family of hurt! Having such a wonderful childhood, yet turning into one with abuse and sadness," Armstrong rants on. "Yet, you were saved by the Rockbell family and taken in while your mother was sent to prison where she now resides in."

"Actually," I look down. "She's dead..."

"What?" Asks Granny.

"Oh Ash," Winry comes towards me and hugs me.

I smile and hug back. I sigh content my before letting go. "It's fine. It's how life works, y'know?"

She nods and smiles. I know she understand what I'm going through. I mean, both her parents are also gone. And the brothers with their mother.

As everything is getting set for dinner, I sit on the couch and stay quiet for a while. Suddenly the door opens and Ed walks in with Den beside him. "I'm back-"

"Oh Edward Elric," Armstrong does the same as he did to me when I came inside. He squeezes Ed tightly as he cries. He blabbers on about Ed and Al and what they did to be in the state they're in now. We all chuckle and stare at the scene before us.

Later on, helping Granny with the cooking, we are all sitting at the dinning table and eating.

"Wait," Ed speaks before eating. "You mean Ash helped you cook?"

"Yes I did," I grin.

"Oh no," his face shows grief. "I don't want to die yet."

"Shut It shorty before I make you drink milk," I glare at him.

"I'm not short!" He retorts. We bump heads and glare at each other. We fight until our hunger takes control over us.

When we finish eating, we all say our goodnights and head off to bed. Although, I head something else in mind.

I wait till I assume everyone is asleep and quickly escape through the window in my room.

I walk down the road and go towards my childhood home. The one where my mom and dad lived in.

When I arrived, I looked at the familiar house. It stayed the same, yet it was slightly older and more unstable, as if it would break at the single touch of a finger. I walked up and placed a hand on the front porch. I traced the small, now uneven wood, and collect small dust on my hand. My eyes scan over to the door handle of the front door, desiring to grab it an open it.

I do as wanted. I walk inside and am greeted with the creeping beneath me. The stairs 3 feet away from the entrance and a living room beside to the right of it. I take a left and go towards the living room. Memories of happy times with my mother and father appear in my mind, yet it goes blurry. I walk deeper and see a dry stain of blood. My blood.

I walk near it and sit beside it. I stare at it and remember all of the pain I went through. I shake my head and stand. I feel a tear slide down my face, yet ignore it and continue on through the house of memories.

Making my way towards the kitchen, a familiar song makes its way to my head. I smile sadly and hum the song, remembering the times me and mother would sing the song and always hug afterwards. The warm embrace of a mother being so kind and loving. A hug filled many lovable emotions.

Continuing my humming, I go towards the stairs and walk upstairs. As I stand at the head of the stairs, underneath a door, a bright light is shining. Realizing it's coming from my old room, I walk towards it.

I open the door and walk inside. I'm greeted by the bright light of the moonlight shinning through my window. I look away and scan over my small room. Everything was covered in a layer of dust, yet the room was clean. Well, as clean as a kids room would be. I find small toys on the floor on top of a small circular pink and white carpet. A drawer that was filled with small clothing and drawing utensils and such.

In the far right corner of the room was a small bed with a bed side table beside it. The only thing on top was a picture of three. A father, mother, and their loving daughter as the picture shows. Smiles wide and eyes that show happiness.

I take hold of the frame and set the picture free from its prison. I set the frame down, yet keep the picture in my hands. I sit down on top of the bed, making it scream slightly beneath my weight.

Looking at the picture, a memory makes its way towards my mind.

~~~~~^

"Ash!"

"Coming!" I run towards where my mother and father are. Underneath a tree with a picnic.

"Ready to eat my little piggy," my daddy tickles me while making pig noises.

I giggle and nod. He stops and sets down a plate with a sandwich before me.

"Oh wait," my mother speaks quickly. "Why not a picture?"

"That sounds like a good idea," my father kisses my mothers cheek. I stick my tongue out and giggle.

My parents laugh at my reaction and wait for someone to pass by to take the picture. When someone passes and agrees to take the picture, we all get together and smile.

My mother waves to the man who took the picture. "Isn't it beautiful?"

"Not as beautiful as you," my father, yet again kisses my mother cheek, and smiles.

"I wanna see mommy," I exclaim.

They laugh and show me the picture. "Can I keep it?"

"Of course you can dear," my mother and father smile at me.

~~~~~^

I sigh and stare down at the picture. Mixed emotions in my heart and mind. Suddenly I choke and tears start to flow down my face [A/N I'm honestly about to make myself cry:(]. I start sobbing uncontrollably and set the picture down beside me. I let the tears fall and the noises of my crying come out.

Angry and sad, I stand and punch the wall. It leaves a small hole because of how old the house is. I breath heavily and continue crying, yet it's silent this time.

Tired, my energy seeps out of me like my sad tears. Out of energy, I grab the picture, fold it neatly, tucking it in my pocket, and walk out of the house.

I stuff my hands into my pockets and look up at my house one more time before finally walking away and not looking back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 days later

I sit on the roof with the sound of the wind being my accompany. My ankle has already felt better so I took advantage of it. Ed and Al are inside getting Ed his arm back as it is now ready.

Sitting and enjoying the wind, I see Ed and Al fighting. "Guess he got fixed up and then helped Al get better."

I jump down and stand beside Granny.

"Got him fixed up already huh?"

"Yup," Granny smokes.

"Winry sure is amazing."

Granny smiles and continues smoking. "So, what's up with you?"

I stiffen up, yet I try not to show it. "What are you talking about?"

"You know what."

I sigh and look up at the sky. I smile and let out a small laugh.

"I think you know what. But don't worry about it. I'll get over it." She nods and continues her smoke.

I go inside and check on Winry. I go to her room and see her sound asleep on her bed. I smile and lift up her covers to her shoulders. I walk out and make my way into my room.

Later on in the day, before bed, I make my way down to get a drink. Yet, I stop as I hear voices coming from within the door.

"...welcoming us like a real family," I hear Al say. Even though he, or Ash, would never say it, I'm sure they both feel the same way."

I lean against the wall with my hands behind my back and foot up against the wall.

"Don't you worry dear," Granny speaks. "We know they both feel that way too. They don't have to say it."

Armstrong also listens in on the conversation and cries silently while continuing to sparkle. How he does it I never know. I smile and walk away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning comes and it's time for us to set off to Central. We gather out things and walk out.

"Thanks you again for everything Granny," Ed states.

"Sure," she says back.

"Hey," Al begins. "Where's Winry?"

"Asleep probably," I look up at her room. "She did stay up three nights."

"Yeah," Granny agrees. "She's resting and as Ash has stated, she has stayed up three nights in a row. Want me to wake her?"

"Eh that's okay," Ed waves off. "She'd just nag me. 'Make sure to do your maintenance' or whatever."

"Hold on a second you guys," Granny exclaims. We look back confused. " You should come back once in a while and have dinner with us."

I smile while Ed and Al chuckle slightly. "You want us to come back all this way in the mountains just for some dinner?" Ed smirks while Granny smiles.

"Edward, Alphonse, Ash," a familiar, tired voice yells out from the house. "Come back soon 'Kay?" Winry waves ands smiles tiredly.

Ed looks up surprised, yet looks away and scratches the back of his head. He seems flustered and somewhat embarrassed. "Yeah," he begins to walk and waves back.

"Bye!" I yell and wave hard and fast.

I smile hard and look to my right. I look at my old house and smile sadly. I shake my head and grin. I jump on Ed and make my usual jokes and insults at him. Grinning and laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~{/(;~;)/}~~~~

Didn't edit so if you see any mistakes, sorry! The song I put here somewhat reminded me of the chapter so. If you are unable to hear it, the song is Broken Home by 5 Seconds of Summer. ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 881 22
This is the story of the ninja alchemist. She has went through a lot in the past and hasn't gotten over most of it yet. Then she meets a certain some...
266K 8.5K 23
Running from your past isn't a great way to face it. Luckily, you have someone that's always there for you But what if that's isn't enough to save y...
219 4 10
The main character, After saving the life of the Fullmetal Alchemist, is forced to endure the torture of auto-mail surgery. Will she survive?
483 31 7
Yes I know the title is a bit "mean" considering that it's referring to Al, but it's about my OC Lilith, a young girl of Ishvalan descent, who meets...