Heaven and Hell - Book 1, Cas...

By fanficlover_athena

This book is the first book of the supernatural Castiel x reader Fanfic series. This book will follow the ti... More

Foreword
4.01 Lazarus Rising - part 1
4.01 Lazarus Rising - part 2
4.01 Lazarus Rising - part 3
4.02 Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester - part 1
4.02 Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester - part 2
4.03 In the Beginning - part 1
4.03 In the Beginning - part 3
4.04 Metamorphosis - part 1
4.04 Metamorphosis - part 2
4.04 Metamorphosis - part 3
4.06 Yellow Fever - part 1
4.06 Yellow Fever - part 2
4.07 It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester - part 1
4.07 It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester - part 2
4.07 It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester - part 3
4.08 Wishful Thinking - part 1
4.08 Wishful Thinking - part 2
4.09/ 4.10 I Know What You Did Last Summer - part 1
4.09/ 4.10 I Know What You Did Last Summer - part 2
4.09/ 4.10 I Know What You Did Last Summer - part 3
4.09/ 4.10 I Know What You Did Last Summer - part 4
4.11 Family Remains - part 1
4.11 Family Remains - part 2
4.12 Criss Angel Is a Douchebag - part 1
4.12 Criss Angel Is a Douchebag - part 2
4.13 After School Special - part 1
4.13 After School Special - part 2
4.13 After School Special - part 3
4.15 Death Takes a Holiday - part 1
4.15 Death Takes a Holiday - part 2
4.16 On the Head of a Pin - part 1
4.16 On the Head of a Pin - part 2
4.18 The Monster at the End of This Book - part 1
4.18 The Monster at the End of This Book - part 2
4.18 The Monster at the End of This Book - part 3
4.19 Jump the Shark - part 1
4.19 Jump the Shark - part 2
4.19 Jump the Shark - part 3
4.20 The Rapture - part 1
4.20 The Rapture - part 2
4.21 When the Levee Breaks - part 1
4.21 When the Levee Breaks - part 2
4.22 Lucifer Rising - part 1
4.22 Lucifer Rising - part 2
Epilogue

4.03 In the Beginning - part 2

1.3K 33 0
By fanficlover_athena

(Third POV)

Mary and Samuel are sitting in a truck, in front of the Whitshire home. "And I'm here because?" Mary asks, looking at her father with furrowed brows. "Family business, Mary... family." Samuel says impatiently. They both get out of the car and Samuel sees the look on Mary's face. "What? You'd rather be waving pom-poms at a bunch of dumb jocks?" Samuel asks, looking at his daughter in disbelief.

Mary sees a boy leaning on a tree nearby and starts to walk towards him. "Where you goin'?" Samuel asks. "To do the job, Dad." Mary answers without looking back at him. Samuel walks to the house and knocks on the door. Dean opens the door, dressed as a priest. Y/n is standing next to him in nun clothing, comforting the tearful woman next to her.

"Father, I see you beat me here." Samuel says, eyeing Dean and then Y/n. Y/n had a smirk plastered on her face. "The Lord is funny that way. Beth Whitshire, this is our associate, our senior, senior priest, Father Chaney." Dean says.

Dean and Y/n join Samuel outside on the doorstep. "Father's" Y/n says, excusing herself when she sees Mary talking to a guy near a tree. She walks over to them, leaving Dean and Samuel alone with Beth.

"Please accept our deepest condolences on behalf of the county diocese." Samuel says. "Thank you." Beth says, smiling sadly at Samuel. "Mrs. Whitshire was just telling me all about Tom, and how normal and ordinary things were the day before his death." Dean says, making Samuel nod. "I see, so you didn't notice anything unusual, ma'am?" Samuel asks, making the woman frown.

"You mean like my husband's guts fertilizing the back 40?" Beth asks. Samuel is stunned into silence at her response and Dean, looking amused, turns to leave. "Excuse me." Dean says. Dean pats Samuel on the back and then makes his way off the porch. Samuel shares an awkward smile with Beth, while Dean approaches Mary, Y/n and the boy, Charlie.

"Charlie, would you like to tell the Father here what you just told us?" Y/n asks when she sees Dean. "Dad drank sometimes. Sometimes he got rough with Mom." Charlie says, making Dean frown. "And that's when the stranger came?" Mary asks, making Charlie nod.

"I just thought he was some Bible thumper, like you all. He showed up about a week ago." Charlie explains. "Saying what?" Dean asks. "Did I want the beatings to stop? I just thought he was crazy, I didn't think – and the next thing I know, Dad's dead. Am I going to jail?" Charlie asks, making Y/n put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"You didn't do this, Charlie." She says, smiling down at him sadly. "Did the stranger want something in return?" Dean asks confused. "He didn't want anything." Charlie says. "Come on, Chuck, he wasn't just handing out freebies now, was he?" Dean asks again, frowning in disbelief.

"He did say something about comin' a callin' ten years from now. Maybe he'd want something then." Charlie says, making Y/n and Dean frown. "Something like what?" Dean asks confused. "I don't know, okay? Look, I told you he was nuts." Charlie says, looking down at the ground in sorrow.

Mary grabs Dean's and Y/n's arm and leads them a few steps away. "What do you two think?" she asks. "I think he just pimped his soul to a demon and doesn't even know it." Dean says, making Y/n nod in agreement. Y/n returns to Charlie, making Mary and Dean follow her.

"Charlie, do you remember what this stranger looked like?" Y/n asks. "Yeah, he was about 5'10, white, normal looking really." Charlie says absentmindedly. "Anything else?" Mary asks. "There was one thing." Charlie then says, making the three of them look at him expectantly.

"What?" Dean asks confused. "It's just, the light hit his eyes in a weird way and... for a moment I coulda sworn –" Charlie says, making Y/n sigh and nod. "What? That they were black? Or red maybe?" she asks, making Charlie shake his head at her. "No, they were yellow. Pale yellow." Charlie says. Dean and Y/n look at each other immediately, both recognizing what that meant.

...

(Your POV)

Dean, Samuel and I are all standing in the dining room together, Dean and I are fuming. Dean slams a map down on the dining room table, while Deanna is in the kitchen chopping bananas. "What do you say we just slow down and talk this thing through." Samuel says, trying to calm the both of us down.

"There's nothing to talk about." I say confidently. "Except you two are saying that it's a demon, and none of us has ever heard of a demon with yellow eyes." Samuel says, making me roll my eyes. "Yeah, well, we have. This thing killed our family." Dean says, making me nod sadly. Samuel looks at Dean and me with shock.

"Just calm down..." Samuel says, frowning and standing from his seat. "You don't get it, do you? You are in danger, we are all in danger. In fact, you need to get yourself someplace safe." Dean says. "Not until we know what we're dealing with here." Samuel says, shaking his head at us. I roll my eyes at him, getting angrier by the second.

"Sam's right, it could be a demon, it could be a shapeshifter, it could be any number of things." Deana says, walking over to us and placing a fruit salad on the table. "We know what this thing is!" I exclaim, looking at Samuel and Deanna in disbelief.

"And we're gonna kill it, that's all the talking we need to do." Dean says, making me nod again. "You're gonna kill a demon? How?" Samuel asks in disbelief, scoffing a little. "There's a hunter named Daniel Elkins. He lives in Colorado, he has Colt's gun. The Colt." I explain while Dean looks into dad's journal.

"Yeah, I heard about the Colt, used to tell it to Mary as a bedtime story." Samuel says, rolling his eyes at me. "Well, it's real." Dean says. Samuel looks at Deanna, clearly not knowing if they should believe us. "Alright, say that it is. You two got some kind of crystal ball telling you where this demon's gonna be?" Samuel asks mockingly.

"Yeah, I think maybe we do." Dean says, making me look at him. He points down at our father's journal while still looking through it. "What's this?" Samuel asks, looking down at the journal. "It's a list." I explain, now looking over Dean's shoulder at the journal.

"Of what?" Samuel asks us confused. "Our Dad wrote down anyone he thought ever came in contact with the Yellow Eyed Demon: who, where and when." Dean explains. "Why?" Samuel asks, making me look down sadly. Dean looks over at me and then back at Samuel. "Because the more he could learn about the son of a bitch, the more he could figure out why it killed our Mom." He says, flipping another page.

"Look, Whitshire Farm. I told you that name sounded familiar." Dean says to me, making my eyes go wide. "Whitshire Farms, that was two days ago. How the hell is that on your Dad's list?" Samuel asks, making us look up at him. "Uh... our Dad could see the future." I say, seeing Samuel frown at me in disbelief.

"Look at this, it says he's gonna hit here tomorrow night." Dean says, pointing at the date in front of us. "Liddy Walsh?" Samuel asks confused. "Haleyville, that's close." Dean says. "I mean, yeah, it's about three miles, but..." Samuel says, looking over at Deanna. She slowly shakes her head at Samuel, making me frown.

"I know you guys think we're crazy." I say, seeing them sigh at us. "You two seem like really nice kids, but yeah, you two are crazy." Samuel says. "Yeah, maybe, but we know where this bastard's gonna be, and we're gonna stop it, once and for all." Dean says, making me nod. We walk out of the room together, walking towards another room where Mary is.

Mary is sitting on the couch, listening to music. "We are shoving off. We just wanted to say, bye." Dean says, making me smile at Mary. "Really? So soon?" She asks, looking over to me with a frown. "Yeah – job to do. Hey, I wanted to – to tell you, you know for what it's worth. Um... it doesn't matter what your Dad thinks, I like that John kid." Dean says. "Yeah me too." I say awkwardly.

"You do?" she asks us with a smile. "Yeah, I think you two are meant to be." I say with a small smile. "Hell, we're depending on it." Dean says, making me frown his way. "What?" Mary asks confused. Dean looks over to her and nervously shrugs. "Nothing. Um, can I ask you a question?" Dean asks, making Mary nod.

"What's he like? John." Dean asks, making me sadly frown at him. "Why do you ask?" Mary asks, seeing Dean shrug again. "Just curious." Dean answers. "I don't know. He's sweet, kind. Even after the war, after everything, he still believes in happily ever after, you know? He's everything a hunter isn't. No offense." Mary says, looking over at us. "No, none taken." Dean says. "You know what I mean right? A guy you see a future with... outside of all of this." Mary says to me. "Yeah..." I say, sadly nodding at her, thinking back to Liam.

"Can I tell you something?" Mary then asks, making us nod at her. "He's gonna ask me to marry him. Tomorrow, I think!" Mary exclaims excited. "Yeah?" I ask, smiling at her. "Oh, Dad's gonna explode, but I don't care. I'll run away if I have to, I just... I love John, and..." she says, suddenly stopping.

"And what?" Dean asks. "I wanna get out. This job, this life, I hate it. I want a family, I wanna be safe. You know the worst thing I can think of? The very worst thing? Is for my children to be raised into this like I was. No, I won't let it happen." She says, making tears come to my eyes. I try to blink them away, not wanting her to see me upset. "Yeah..." I say. She looks at me and then suddenly frowns. "Hey, are you okay?" she asks, making Dean look my way as well. Dean sees my face and sadly frowns at me, putting an arm around my shoulders for comfort.

"Yeah, no, I'm – I'm fine." I say, awkwardly scratching the back of my head. I then look at Dean, asking for help with my eyes. He looks back to Mary and takes her eyes off of me. "Hey, uh, Mary, can I tell you something?" he asks.

"Sure." Mary says. "Even if this sounds really weird. Will you promise me that you will remember?" Dean asks, looking sad now himself. "Okay." Mary says confused. "On November 2nd, 1983, don't get out of bed. No matter what you hear, or what you see. Promise me you won't get out of bed." Dean says, making Mary look at the two of us confused.

"Okay." She says slowly, making a tear run down Dean's face. I grab his arm and pull him with me to leave. Before I exit the room, I take one last look at Mary, giving her a sad smile.

...

Dean is driving and I'm sitting in the seat next to him. We have been silent after leaving Mary's house, not sure what to say to each other. Suddenly someone places a hand on my shoulder, making me inhale sharply. I look behind me and see Castiel staring at me. Dean follows my gaze, and he gasps in surprise as well.

"So what? God's our co-pilot, is that it?" Dean asks, making me frown at him. I see that Castiel doesn't get the joke, his face unchanged. "Well, you're a regular Chatty Cathy." Dean says, rolling his eyes at the angel in our backseat.

"Tell me something. Sam would have wanted in on this, why not bring him back?" I ask, looking at Castiel confused. "You two had to do this without him." He explains, making me look at him in confusion. "And you don't care that he's tearing up the future looking for us right now?" Dean asks in disbelief.

"Sam's not looking for you two." He then says matter-of-factly. "Alright, if we do this, then the family curse breaks, right? Mom and Dad live happily ever after, and – and, Sam, Y/n and I grow up playing little league and chasing tail?" Dean asks with hope.

"You realize, if you do alter the future, your father, you, Y/n, Sam – you'll never become hunters. And all those people you saved, they'll die." Castiel says, making me sigh. "We realize that..." I say, looking out of the window.

"And you don't care?" Castiel then asks with a frown. "Oh, we care. We care a lot, but these are our parents. We're not gonna let them die again. We can't. No, not if we can stop it." Dean says, making me nod in agreement. I look over to see that Castiel has disappeared again. "We can do this Dean..." I say. "I know." He says, giving me a small smile and focusing back on the road in front of him.

We arrive at Elkins home, getting inside of it and silently walking over to his office. Dean is kneeling at a safe, from which he pulls out the Colt. A man, Daniel Elkins, appears with a shotgun pointed at our backs. "Hold it right there, you two. Drop the gun, be on your way." He says, the last part to Dean, eyeing the gun in his hand.

Dean pretends to lay the Colt on the top of the safe, but instead points it at Daniel. "Can't do it, Daniel." He says. "Who the hell are you?" he asks, looking at us confused. "We're hunters, just like yourself." I say, eyeing the gun in his hands cautiously.

"Thief's more like it." he says, narrowing his eyes at me. "We just need it for a few days." Dean says again, making Daniel scoff. "Not happening, mister." He says, looking at Dean. "Look, we have a chance to save our family's lives. Our family. But we need this gun to do it. So if you want to stop us? Kill us." Dean says, motioning for me to start walking. I gulp nervously and start walking to the door.

Dean then lowers the Colt and walks slowly towards me at the door, past Daniel. He turns to look at Daniel, who lowers his gun. "There's some hunters in Lawrence, the Campbells." Dean explains, making Daniel frown. "Never heard of them." He says. "That's where she'll be." Dean says, referring to the gun. We walk outside and head back into our car, beginning the drive back to town.

...

(Third POV)

Mary and Samuel are sitting at the dining room table cleaning guns. "Dean and Y/n say where they were going?" Mary asks, looking up at her father. "Said they were gonna kill a demon." Samuel says, making Mary laugh.

"Kill a demon? That's impossible." Mary says, looking confused. "Yep." Samuel says. "Where?" Mary then asks, getting intrigued. "Uh... oh, I don' know, over in Haleyville, uh, Walsh's maybe." Samuel awkwardly says.

"Wait, not Liddy Walsh?" Mary asks in disbelief. "Well, yeah, I- I- I think so." Samuel says nervously. "Dad, she's a friend of mine! We gotta help her." Mary says, frowning at her father. Deanna walks to the door of the room, and sees Mary getting up. "What's wrong?" she asks, seeing the look on her daughters' face.

"I'll be in the car." Mary says, walking out of the house. "Hey –" Deanna tries stopping her, but is unsuccessful. She looks over at Samuel with a confused expression. "I mean, she wants to hunt, she doesn't want to hunt, is this some female time of month thing?" Samuel asks, making Deanna sigh and walk away. "What?" he asks, seeing his wife roll her eyes at him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 242 29
Two Hunters on their own, with nothing but their friendship to guide them, besides how they grew up, it had been a very successful two years. Until t...
7.9K 266 9
This is a Castiel x Reader. The main direction is with the adorable Castiel but you have loads of fun with the Winchesters too. Adios Misha-migos
3K 124 15
ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇɴ sᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ? ᴅᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀs? ɪғ sᴏ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ! ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴀsᴛɪᴇʟ... ᴡʜᴏ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ?
37.2K 852 37
Maximum Singer has had stranger powers since she was young, and the only person who knew was her best friend, Sam Winchester. What will she do when s...