The Vampire's Pet

By poltergeist_people

this story contains adult content!!!! read at own risk. I glared at the vampire before me, pressing myself a... More

Prologue
Ch 1: Auction.
Ch 2: New Home
Ch 3: Goodnight
Ch 5: Tea
Ch 6: Jewelry
Ch 7: Ah that.
Ch 8: Only Time Will Tell
Ch 9: Gown
Ch 10: Drink Me.
Ch 11: Dudes and Dresses
Ch 12: Got it.
Ch 13: Monster.
Ch 14: What I Want.
Ch 15: Another Imperfection.
Ch 16: Obedient
Ch 17: Not Drunk Enough.
Ch 18: Damn Him That Bipolar Drunk.
Ch 19: The Quiet Game
Ch 20: Play Time
Ch 21: Prize
Ch 22: Boring Prudish Women
Ch 23: Bad Boy
Ch 24: Everything I Wanted
Ch 25: A Kings Son
Ch 26: Lets Have Sex
Ch 27: Cookies
Ch 28: Not a Word
Ch 29: Calla Lily
Ch 30: Our Little Secret
Ch 31: Ashes
Ch 32: One of Those Moments
Ch 33: Unwittingly
Ch 34: First Step.
Ch 35: ...I am Going to Punch You
Ch 36: Night Terrors
Ch 37: Dinner
Ch 38: You are so Going to Eat Those Words.
Ch 39: You Loooveee Her!!
Ch 40: It's Kind of a Big Topic.
Ch 41: Better in the Long Run.
Ch 42: Three Days Time
Ch 43: Teach me What I Need to Know
Ch 44: Chess
Ch 45: Death Grip
Ch 46: Holy Shit.
Ch 47: Secrets
Ch 48: Falling in Love
Ch 49: This Isn't my Kind of Game.
Ch 50: Fix This Fuck up.
Ch 51: Hypothetically
Ch 52: Five Minutes
Ch 53: I Would Wait Forever
Ch 54: Perfect Flower
Ch 55: Worries, Wants, Needs, Fears, and Nerves
Ch 56: I'll Live Forever
Ch 57: Open Your Eyes
Ch 58: Maybe
Ch 59: Nothing
Ch 60: Make a Visit.
Ch 61: A Bright Side to Everything
Ch 62: Strawberries and Champagne
Ch 63: Taste of Freedom
Ch 64: Waffles
Ch 65: Everything
Ch 66: A Wizard?
Ch 67: How Much?
Ch 68: I'm Yours.
Ch 69: You Hungry?
Ch 70: Drug.
Ch 71: Laugh
Ch 72: High Treason!
Ch 73: Jealous.
Ch 74: Just Gay and Less Deadly.
Ch 75: The History of the Calla Lily
Ch 76: I'm Going to Make This Last Forever.
Ch 77: A Chance
Ch 78: Do you Know how Vampires are Made?
Ch 79: The Best Way to Kill a Mood.
Ch 80: Only a Day.
Ch 81: I Love you Calla.
Ch 82: Wide Eyed and Terrified.
Ch 83: Calla Dawson

Ch 4: Why?

437K 14.3K 8.5K
By poltergeist_people

~~

Everything was crazy, the servants both vampire and human were running around like chickens with their heads cut off while I just...sat here.

When Kaden had said my job was to sit around and look pretty he wasn't kidding. When I woke up a few hours after dusk there was that quite, creepy, maid just sitting there waiting for me. I was then directed back to my own room where an 'ensemble selected directly by the master' was tossed at me as she dragged me to the bathroom and began fucking around with my hair and makeup.

And now I stood in sky high baby blue heels with this insanely complex up do fitting of a sex bomb, wearing nothing but a baby blue and white sheer one piece...I honestly don't even know what to call it. All i know is the only thing from keeping my tata's from view is an insanely complex arrangement of layer white lace and nothing but a blue strip of fabric over...my other bits.

The worst part of it all is with a matching collar complete with a little blue bow and some seriously expensive jewels I looked stunning. My eyes like ice from the combo of light yet glittery makeup and the blue bits of the outfit. If you could even call it an outfit.

I shifted on my feet and played with my perfect french tip nails...would I have to get dolled up like this by that weirdo maid every day?

I hoped not. I wanted at least the Independence to chose what I wear.

Slolwy over god knows how long the house was quite again, minus the few clangs of pots in the kitchen. I frowned at the deathly quite, high tension in the house, What the hell is going on here?

A low appreciative rumble sounded behind me.

I turned expecting to see Kaden but instead my eyes met with ones such a dark red they were almost brown. He was accompanied by several other obviously vampiric beings.

I was instantly on edge as the mans smooth voice echoed through the room, "You must be the new pet."

I slowly slid from the counted I had been sitting on, everything about this man screamed preditor, my eyes flicked to the other man beside him he looked bored and amused at once if that was even possible. Then there were the two girls the first looked almost exactly like the second man while the other didn't resemble any of them.

She did reminded me of a Harpy with the way she stood perched in her heels though.

Slowly my eyes met the predator again, "unless I have a clone running around, yeah that's me."

The other mans boredom gave way to amusement and he laughed along with the woman I decided could easily be his twin sister, "spunky, no wonder Kaden wanted you."

The Harpy woman stiffened and the predator looked angry. But that wasn't that surprising they seemed pretentious enough to hate my voice. What was surprising was that humor boy referred to Kaden as something other than Lord Dawson.

Friends maybe? Were they the reason for the chaos in the house?

The sister of the amused one smiled at me and leaned forward a bit, "you're very pretty."

I was taken aback by he compliment, "uh, thanks?"

The other woman flipped her straight black hair, "Gwen thinks everything is pretty it's really not a compliment."

The twin, Gwen, frowned, "Okay fine she's extra pretty." She turned back to me, head cocked to the side, "Is your hair naturally that color? its so light."

I nodded and touched one of the curls in my up do, "yeah."

The other woman eyed me with ill disguised disgust while the men just seemed curious. With a haughty flip of her hair the other woman looked down at me over her nose, "Take us to Kaden, okay pet girl?"

I stared at her blankly.

She snorted, "stupid, I knew it."

Gwen and her brother frowned at her, speaking as one, "hey don't insult his new pet."

I was getting really sick of being called pet over and over.

Harpy woman rolled her eyes, "Its not my fault shes stupid."

I turned around and walked started to away. Nothing in my described 'job duties' included entertaining his idiot friends.

I sharp pull on my collar yanked me back and had me gasping for air, nearly tripping. I looked over my shoulder at harpy woman, eyes wide.

Gwen gasped and tugged the other woman's away from me, "oh my god! Angelica! you can't do that to her! Shes Kaden's property and a human, you could have killed her if you pulled to hard!"

Angelica the Harpy sneered, "he could just buy a new one if he wanted."

Gwen glared at her before turning to me, "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! her neck is all red Kaden is going to kill us! What if she bruises!? She just got here hes going to be so pissed if shes bruises Gabriel, Jerric do something!"

The two men looked at Gwen and then at me a look of concern-although one less than the other- in their eyes. Finally the predator man spoke, "Gabriel go get some Ice. Ill take a closer look to see if shes going to bruise."

The twin ran off as the larger man approached me, I took a step back on instinct and Gwen piped up, "Don't worry little human we are just going to make sure you're okay, okay?"

Slowly Jerric examined the burning painful flesh around my collar, "Shit Angelica how hard did you pull on her collar?"

Angelica flipped her hand around, "not that hard shes just a weak little thing."

Jerric made a growling noise, "Well her neck is fucking red and is probably going to bruise Ice or not, would you like to explain to Kaden how his pet was injured five minutes after meeting us?"

She made a noise in the back of her throat but didn't respond.

Just as Gabriel walked into the room and set the ice on my neck a talk, lanky, maid walked in, "The master wishes to see..." She trailed off eyes widening at the sight of me but she shakily continued, "the master wishes...to see the human in his study."

I pulled away from the two vampiric men, glad their grips had gone slack with shock, and gave Angelica the most hate filled look I could muster, giving her stunned face the bird before storming off, shooing the maid away, "I can get there myself!"

She tisked at me, "But the master-"

I slammed the door in her face and continued down the hall, storming into Kaden's study. He glanced up at me, eyes narrowing on my neck, "What the hell happened to you?"

I stood there for a second too shocked to answer, His hair was still shaggy and he was out of the suit in favor of an expensive looking button up and dark wash jeans. I noted the black combat boots as he stood. Cleaning my throat I looked away, "Your friends are idiots."

He was silent for a moment before I felt his cool fingers brushing against the burning skin, "I'll have someone bring some cream for your skin."

I nodded and stood there quietly as he picked up the phone and spoke quietly to someone on the other end.

He looked up at me again, "come here little flower."

I approached him slowly.

Kaden hummed in approval, "I knew you would look good in that."

I Ignored his comment.

He continued to trace his fingers around my collar on the reddened skin even as the door to the study swing open and a maid walked in with a small jar and Kadens friends. I sent them another withering glare as Kaden took the jar, his low voice breaking my focus, "This is going to sting for a second." Without another word her started applying the cream to my skin."

I hissed in a gasp, but stayed otherwise quite, it was shockingly cold and did sting but it was nothing I couldn't Handel.

As he sealed the jar and set it on the table he spared his rather nervous looking friends a glance, "Would any of you like to explain why it is after I invited you over because you wanted to meet my new pet," He stroked a stray curl from my face "She ends up injured in your company?"

Angelica spoke first, unsurprisingly, "Its not our fault Kaden."

I glared at her harder but figured it would be wise to stay quite, Kadens body language spelled trouble

His eyes flickered back to her and his hand fell from my hair, "So you're telling me that she had a seemingly very heated grudge against you for no reason?"

I rose a brow at the woman expectantly when Kaden wasn't looking. Gwen and Gabriel smirked behind their hands.

Angelica frowned, "you know humans Kaden Irrational stupid creatures, the girl barely even talks."

My glare came back full force.

Kaden leaned against his desk, "I can assure you Calla is not slow. You know I cannot tolerate stupid things."

I couldn't help the soft snort that snuck past my lips.

All eyes shifted to me. Kaden cocked his head to the side, "Something to say little one?"

My eyes met his, "Well Lord Dawson If you couldn't tolerate stupid things the Harpy woman wouldn't be gracing us with her presence."

The twins apparently couldn't hold it anymore because they bust out laughing, leaning against one another. Jerric looked almost as shocked as Angelica was amused.

Kadens face was still unreadable but his eyes held slight humor, "Harpy woman?"

I nodded and made a child like talon gesture with my hands, "you know, high pitched screeching bird women with an entitled sense of responsibility to eat men."

The amusement became even more evident in his eyes, "Well it seems Calla isn't very stupid after all Angelica, she knows her mythological creatures pretty well and other things I assure you. Now I believe I had asked a question."

Oh so he holds the 'answer when asked' rule to everyone, including his friends? Interesting.

Angelica stayed silent causing Kaden to frown, "Calla, why was your neck injured."

I didn't miss a beat, "i was attacked by a Harpy may I skin it?"

The laughter which had died down turned back into devious snickers.

Kaden shot me a small reprimanding look, poorly caged fury swirling behind that could mask of indifference, "I am serious pet."

I shrank back a bit, suddenly unsure if all of that fury was truly directed at Angelica, "Angelica yanked on my collar when I was trying to walk away from them."

Kaden frowned at me, "You should not walk away from them unless dismissed. They are my closest friends."

I bit back a retort, who did this guy think he was? Just because he bought me and I was shell shocked for a bit didn't mean I was apposed to ripping out his throat with my teeth.

From the corner of my eye I spotted Angelica's smug look. The dark haired woman took the chance to sweep further into the study and wrapped herself around his arm, practically purring into his ear, "she was so rude Kaden and wouldn't reply to anything I asked, she even glared at me before she left!"

I frowned at where her flat ass chest was pressed against his arm, realization dawning on me, "oh so shes the fuck toy."

The entire room stilled and it took a second for me to realize why.

I nearly groaned, "I said that out loud didn't I?"

Gwen and Gabriel were roaring with laughter while Jerric stared in open shock.

I couldn't really blame them most vampires bought their pets nice, pretty, and with a broken will that may or may not have ever existed. Especially the wealthy ones.

Closing my eyes for a moment I worked up the courage to look back at the man who held my life in the palm of his hand, The woman on his arm was seething in rage while he seemed oddly calm.

did he ever do anything other than stare stone faced or smirk?

Slowly his dual colored eyes locked onto my blue ones, "Calla is new at this, never before been a pet, never even been fed on. Her knowledge of how to act is still very limited, she most likely tried to leave because she did not think it was necessary for her to be there. She meant no disrespect."

Angelica turned her nose up at me, "okay so she is stupid. I supposed that is forgivable, but she had the audacity to insult me!"

His eyes turned to her as he gently yet rigidly pried her frame from him, "Calla is not stupid and I warned you all before you came her, she is a difficult girl. Her file said so and so does everything from the proud way shes stands to the way she moves. I Purchased her because she's a strange little thing, you know that and yet you approached her without me anyways. And now you tell me after her only being here a day she should be perfect?"

Angelica blinked, "they shouldn't have sold you such a monstrous thing! you deserve nothing but perfection Kaden!"

"Perhaps perfection is not what I want."

His words made me do a double take, that was not a very vampiric thing to say. It was always perfection with them, perfect hair, perfect clothes, perfect jobs, perfect smiles, perfect homes, perfect skin, perfect staff, and perfect pets. He had everything perfect at face value but looking at him again his eyes being two distinctly different shades was not perfect but strange and the brazen red stripe in his hair could be seen as an imperfection by many, a purposeful imperfection.

Much like his me.

His 'pet.'

Whom he purposely obtained because of my imperfect personality.

Which leads to a very interesting question.

Why? Why not get a contact to correct the eye color? Why purposely make himself less perfect?

Why?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 2.9K 36
Book two of a different kind of fairy tale series (can be read as a stand-alone but I do suggest reading as a series) *His fangs came forward. "Mine...
544K 15.5K 37
"What do you want now?" she said gritting her teeth as he got closer and closer by every second. "I want nothing else but you Angel..."he whispered...
1.7K 68 19
A Cage. Here, I sit in a cage with a cold mental collar attached to a heavy chain around my neck as I wait to be auctioned off to a Vampire. A Vampir...
51.4K 1.9K 200
They say a mother will do anything for their favorite child and that is always true, one day while counting her son's tuition money Carminia noticed...