πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™±πš’πš•πš•πš’πš˜πš—πšŠπš’πš›πšŽ...

By xoillumination

When your past haunts you with every step you take. When you try to run it follows. When you try to hide, it... More

BEFORE READING THIS BOOK
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Epilogue

Chapter Three

1.5K 63 16
By xoillumination

Being jetlagged and going to work doesn't mix well I found that out today. I was trying to sketch some new outfit ideas when my eyes became heavy making my head drop to the desk with a loud bang drawing in people's attention. I flush with embarrassment rushing off to the bathroom and that's where I am now hiding in the bathroom too scared to go back out. I stare at myself in the mirror. A drop of hot water streams down my cheek causing more to follow. I splash my face with water calming myself down. I pull out a makeup wipe and wipe off the smudged mascara when that high pitch giggle comes back, "Oh my god Charlie that was hilarious," I tense up and bite my tongue fighting back some more tears, "What's wrong CharlieBrown the cat got your tongue," I feel my grip tighten around the sink.

"Go away," I grit through my teeth not in the mood to deal with this right now. I fix my makeup and give myself one more look in the mirror before turning on my heel and walking out of the bathroom masking my embarrassment and starting the countdown in my head until I can go home and forget this day.

••••••

I turn the doorknob and take a step inside completely forgetting about Derek being here earlier. Wow, they did a really good job. The couch was a light grey decorated with a white blanket and royal blue and white pillows. The fluffy white rug underneath was amazing. My eyes land on the box I told them not to dare open. I scrunch my nose up and let out a sigh. I walk into my room putting my bag down so I can let my body flop down on my new bed. My room is decorated in white sheets with a royal blue and white duvet with white and royal blue pillows to match.

As I feel myself slowly start dozing off, I hear a rude pounding at the door. I groan and force a smile on my face and open the front door, "CHARLIE-ROSE," Lyon screams before jumping into my arms forcing me to fully wake up.

I pull him into a hug and my fake smile disappears and is replaced with a real smile, "Hey Lyon," I greet before placing him back down on the ground.

I lift my head to meet Lyon's father stare, "Lyon behave yourself and my brother is going to be picking Lyon up," he shoves a bag full of toys and essentials into my arms.

I nod my head as he turns to walk out the door when I stop him, "Wait Sir what's your name? I never got it," I ask placing the bag down.

He stops and clears his throat and fixes his suit up, "Christopher," he answers bluntly and vanishes out of my apartment before I can even thank him for my newly decorated apartment.

I turn my attention back onto Lyon to see him sitting on the couch peacefully, "Want to watch TV?" I ask joining him on the couch.

Lyon's eyebrows frown in confusion, "I've never watched the TV before," I'm in shock. One he can speak extremely well for a five-year-old and two he has never watched TV before.

I blink a couple of times trying to register what he said, "Well do you want to watch it and see if you like it," I gently nudge his shoulder.

Lyon nods excitingly as I turn on the TV to the kid's channel for him to enjoy.

••••••

Time flies by I barely notice a knocking at my door I've had my head so deep into my sketchbook ever since Lyon fell asleep.

I pad my way to the door opening it to be met with a well-dressed man. He has a navy suit on his hair is gelled back keeping it out of his face. His dangerously dark brown eyes that are extremely hard to read. He towers over me in height, he has to be at least six-foot-four tall, "Charlotte-Rose, right?" his voice comes booming into my apartment snapping me out of my trans.

I blink rapidly trying to focus, "Yes, um Christopher's brother?" I ask making sure it was him and not some handsome devil.

I watch the devil raises his eyebrows, "He didn't tell you who I am?" he seemed offended.

I frown my eyebrows confused as fuck, "What?" I question, "Is it important that I know who you are?".

He lets out a low chuckle, "You're not from around here, are you?" he asks before continuing not letting me answer, "I'm Landon Heart New York City, the famous lawyer,".

My mouth drops. You got to be fucking kidding, me really this dude, "One yes I'm not from around here I'm from Australia, I moved here three days ago and two you're the "Famous" lawyer that looks like the biggest player in the world who also has the biggest ego," I snap out of nowhere.

Landon's eyes dance with amusement, "Oh and please tell your brother not to pay me this week since he hired a designer for my apartment," I push the bag into his chest.

I walk myself back over to Lyon waking him up and handing him over to Landon. He wishes me goodnight and in return, I roll my eyes and plastered a fake smile on my face before slamming my door on his face.

I crawl my way to my bedroom staring at the untouched box. I still don't understand why I brought them here. I slowly open the box tears threatening to fall down but I quickly blink them back. I pull out a few photos giving them a kiss and placing them down on my nightstand, "I miss you, mum," I croak out my voice breaking.

I pull out another photo making my sadness disappear and anger to boil in my blood. I throw the photo against the wall leaving it in bites on the floor, "That wasn't very nice Charlie," the voice sobs in my head making me fall to the floor and letting my sobs take over me.

••••••

I wake up to a pound on my front door. I look around my eyes adjusting to the darkness. I find myself curled up in a ball on the floor. I've must have fallen asleep crying.

I peel myself off the floor slowly making my way to the door. I rub the sleep out of my eyes and turn the doorknob opening the door to meet a pair of dark brown eyes filled with lust, "Hellooooooo Charlie-Roosee," he slurs out at me.

I blink a couple of times before pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming, "Landon what the fuck are you doing here?" I question before stepping out of the way and letting him in.

Landon's eyes widen, "Fuck you accent is so hot," he mumbles to himself. Dude that didn't even make sense. I roll my eyes and place him down on the couch before rushing off to the kitchen to pour him a glass of water, "Charlie-Rose," Landon whines out, "Come back here," I walk to my bedroom and grab my phone before heading back to the living room.

This is going to be good I'm getting to record Mr. Heart coming over drunk maybe I could use it to blackmail him. I don't know but it's good leverage. I place my phone down on the TV stand and start recording, "What are you doing?" he grabs the water and starts chugging it down.

He looks at me his eyes trying to search for something, "What are you doing here Landon? And why did you come here drunk?" I ask taking the empty glass out of his grasp.

Next thing I know Landon lays the head on my lap making my body tense up from underneath him and my mouth gapes open, "You told me not to ask my brother to pay you so obviously you want to fuck me for payment instead," in seconds he was on the floor groaning.

I place my foot on his back to keep him down on the ground, "I don't want to fuck you Landon believe it or not you're not the shit Landon. The reason I asked you to tell your brother not to pay me was because he hired a designer to decorate my apartment," I lift my foot off his back helping him back onto the couch.

He blinks a few times trying to register what I just said, "Fuck you're driving me insane Charlie-Rose,".

"Charlotte-Rose I'm not your friend so it's Charlotte-Rose," I correct him.

Landon stands himself up towering over me in height, "I will call you whatever I want Charlie-Rose. Now let me finish what I was saying," he pushes me down onto the couch before climbing on top of me, "I don't know why but I've never felt so much attraction towards a lady before something about you is so mysterious and sexy oh and don't get me started on how amazing your body is and that hot thick accent is stinking hot. So, I'm going to give you a chance to have all of this, and I promise you it will be the best sex in your life, Charlie-Rose" he ends his ass back on the floor with my foot in between his legs while he is groaning.

I reach into his suit jacket fishing out his phone. I turn it on and shove the screen in his face unlocking his phone before scrolling through his contacts and stopping at Christopher Heart. Christopher comes and picks up Landon apologising a million times I just stood there nodding and saying "It's okay" before closing the door and dragging my body back to my room and dropping onto the bed letting the darkness consume me again.

••••••

I slowly blink my eyes regretting not closing my curtains. The sun rudely glares through my windows. Ugh, this is why I hate ceiling to floor windows. I stretch my body out to be lying on my bed like a pancake. I'm glad I don't have to work today. I roll off the plush mattress I'm only in a long band t-shirt and underwear. Dancing my way to the kitchen and humming to myself I'm in such a happy mood. As I brew my coffee and am about to pour it into my cup when a clearing of a throat stops me before pouring my cup of desperately needed coffee. My body slowly turns around my eyes trained on the floor. My eyes lock onto dress shoes making my head shoot up, "What the fuck Landon," I snarl out at him

I watch as Landon's eyes travel up my body making me pull my shirt down more, "Good morning beautiful," his smirk grows bigger.

I scoff, "How the fuck did you get in here?" I ask as he pulls out a key from his pocket and my eyes widen, "What the shit you creep. I didn't give you permission to have keys to my apartment you should know that's illegal after all you are the "Famous" lawyer," I cross my arms over my chest remembering I'm not wearing a bra.

Landon takes a step closer to me. I don't move I stand my ground glaring at him, "I want to make a deal sweetheart," he leans down to my ear.

I shake my head at sonic speed," Yeah not going to happen now give me the key to my apartment and leave before I call the police," I take a step back, stopping him from stalking over me.

"Take a seat Charlie-Rose you are going to listen to this deal," he pulls out one of my dining room chairs indicating for me to sit down.

My hands curl up into a fist, my nails digging into the palm of my hands, "I won't ask you again Landon get the fuck out and give me the key," I grit through my teeth. Seriously who does he think he is? Coming into my apartment and telling me to sit so he can make a deal with me, no if he doesn't get out in five minutes, I'm posting the video out from last night.

I watch his fist tighten around the chair, "Language Charlotte-Rose," his jaw clenches.

I scoff and roll my eyes, "You're not my dad," I throw back at him.

"Fine if you don't want to sit and listen you can stand and listen," I got to protest but he puts his hand up signaling me to listen, "I did some research on you Charlotte-Rose, you ain't such the nice girl you seem to be. After all you covered up for your best friend," my eyes widen, and my mouth drops to the floor.

"W-what h-how did you found out about that? What else do you know," my voice softens as I start fighting back the tears.

He chuckles realising he is correct about what he found out, "You used to be friends with Harley Quest," hearing her name makes me shiver, "But she died last year, and her case is an unsolved case which is weird on how quickly they closed the case, but what caught my interest is that you and Kayla know what happened to her,".

I couldn't control them anymore sobs pour out of my mouth, "We didn't kill her if that's what you think," he shakes his head, "What do you want from me, Landon?" I ask already dreading the words leaving my mouth.

A smirk platers on his stupid face, "I want to fuck you Charlie-Rose but not just a one-time thing. I want to come over sometimes and fuck you take you on dates, but no dating no real feelings involved just hot steamy sex," my tears dry up. Is this guy serious I thought he didn't fuck the same girl twice?

I shake my head and narrow my eyes, "No I'm not going to be some fuck toy to you Landon, I'm not going to let you use my body to pleasure yourself," his low chuckles vibrate through my body.

He takes a couple of steps forward, so he's stalking over me again, "It won't just be for my pleasure Charlie you'll get pleasure out of it as well, and plus if you don't agree I guess I'll just have to expose your little secret and trust me I know a lot more then I'm telling you," he threatens me.

My hand connects with the side of his face snapping his head to the side, "My answer is no Landon now GET OUT," I push him to the door and open it for him.

"You're going to be the new buzz on the news later tonight Charlie-Rose," and with the last threat, he disappears down the stairs. He wouldn't, would he? Well, if he does that drunk video of him will come out "Famous" lawyer not so perfect as he seems to be.

I hear her loud pitch laugh, "Oh my god he called you Charlie now that must sting," I clench my fist together and squeeze my eyes shut, "And mister hunk knows who I am oh this is going to be good," Harley laughs again, "You know it's never too late, to tell the truth on how my burnt body ended up in a river," her voice softens, "It's never too late to put the person who did this to me in jail," I can tell if she was here right now her hand would be on my shoulder, "Please Charlie you can get Landon to be your lawyer and you and Kayla can be free of me," I shake my head wiping my tears away the guilt building up more and more.

"Please Harley stop, you know I can't do that to someone I love," love? "I mean loved," I walk away from the door and back to my cup of coffee slowly drinking it, "I bet he doesn't even know who it did anyway since his mummy and daddy covered up for him," I hear her sigh and with that, she was gone I was left in silence my perfect day off was ruined and now I just want to crawl back into bed and hide forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386 45 12
When Kate lost her father in a fire, she couldn't get her self to be in his shoes. She turned down her dad's job even though she was the best to be c...
7 Lives Apart By Rose

Mystery / Thriller

292 38 11
"At that time, I didn't know that fate would drag us 7 Lives Apart!" *** Rose will go to any lengths just to lure in...
577K 13.1K 32
When Rebecca moves back to her hometown for a friend's wedding, unfortunate circumstances put her near her ex-boyfriend, who left her completely brok...
327K 9.9K 36
When you run, you don't look back. You don't feel sorry... Nor remorse. You stop wondering "what if?". You just run... Rarely hide as well... K...