The Release

By imavoidingmyhomework

"You know I like it when you say my last name, but I love it when you scream my first." Bethany Freeman and h... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 7

31.1K 532 346
By imavoidingmyhomework

Chapter 7

The heartbeat in my head forced the rest of my body to wake up. My mouth was dry and the burn of alcohol lingered in the back of my throat. I would have expected the sun to be streaming through my window, but my room was almost pitch black.

Three glasses of water sat on my bedside table along with two aspirin and a blue Gatorade. It even had the sippy cup lid.

I rolled back over and wailed in discomfort. A sliver of light from the hallway brightened my room. Someone tip-toed into my room and shut the door behind them. The person's footsteps halted at the side of my bed.

"Freeman, I know you're awake," Wayne murmured. I peeked out one of my eyes and saw that he knelt next to me, holding a plate.

"I don't wanna talk right now," I croaked. I uncovered my eyes and stared at the ceiling.

"We don't have to," he said. "But you do need to eat. Drink some water and take these." The pills were in Wayne's hand, offering to ease my pain.

I closed my eyes and turned my head away. He sat on the edge of my bed and shifted my head back to meet his eyes.

"No, no. You can't sleep right now," Wayne said in a soft tone. "Please, just do this for me, and then you can relax for the rest of the day."

He cares. "Fine." I rolled on my stomach and gave in. "But only because you begged."

Wayne scoffed and smiled down at me. I sat up and swallowed the medicine. The water surprised my body and mind. It was a little cold, but the tingle was necessary. My breaths came out smoother.

Wayne gave me a weak smile. What is wrong with him? Does he feel bad for me? He probably does.

"Are you okay?" I examined his semi-blank stare. Wayne shook his head infinitesimally, shaking his thoughts away and changing his expression to an almost happy one.

"I cut and peeled some oranges and made you eggs," He changed the subject. "I also added some saltines, they are my favorite when I'm hungover."

Wayne set the plate on my lap and settled the gatorade next to my thigh. I picked a peeled orange slice with two of my fingers and put the whole thing in my mouth. I scrunched my nose as the taste of vodka mixed with the sweet fruit. My eyes compressed shut.

You're a good kisser.

I raised my eyebrows. Did I kiss someone? Did someone kiss me? What happened last night?

"What's wrong?" Wayne lifted my chin with a finger. My jaw dropped. Did I kiss Wayne?

"I've gotta get up." I moved the food and whipped open my blanket. I crawled around him and my feet touched the ground. Blood rushed up my whole body, increasing the pain of my splitting headache. I winced and lost my balance.

Wayne caught my waist. My body froze where his cold hands touched my hot body. When I was steady, he stood and turned his back on me.

"I'm sorry," I apologized. "What's wrong?"

Wayne's head searched around my room. He took off his shirt and threw it to me. I fell back onto my bed and felt the soft fabric. I lifted my eyes to his flexed back. It looked so...don't finish that thought, Beth.

"Why-?"

"Put it on." Wayne demanded.

"What is it with you and me wearing your clothes?" I joked.

He stepped away from me. "You're um-"

I'm what? I thought. I looked down. The lacey bra I wore yesterday and a pair of black underwear were the only things covering my body.

"Shit." I pulled his tee over my head. The smell of freshly brewed coffee overtook all my senses. The fragrance seeped into my skin and made me feel more awake, more alive. Like I could drink up every sip of him.

"Thanks." I don't know if I was thanking him for covering my half naked body or for giving me the pleasure of sending me to a calm state.

"Are you decent?" He asked, flustered out of his mind.

"Mhm," I hummed back.

Wayne glanced over his shoulder and walked back to me. He looked into my eyes. I couldn't resist looking at his chest. If I grazed it with my fingers, I know it would be smooth and warm.

"My eyes are up here, Freeman." Wayne smirked and waved a hand in front of my face. I stared at the ground in guilt.

My hand reached out for the food he had made. The eggs were a delicate yellow and seasoned perfectly to bring out the natural flavor.

"You're a good cook, Anderson," I praised. Wayne smiled brightly and rubbed the back of his neck.

I need to compliment him more often.

"You really like it?" He asked incredulously.

"I wouldn't lie about this," I ate every bite on the plate and set it on my nightstand. I grabbed the blue Gatorade and sucked the cool liquid out of the bottle.

"How did you know I like these tops?"

"I didn't," Wayne admitted. "I like them, though."

You're a good kisser.

"Wayne?" I'm gonna regret this.

"Yeah?"

I need to ask him, even if it will embarrass me.

"Did we do anything yesterday?"

Wayne ran his fingers through his hair. We must have done something. I just wish I remembered every little detail.

"We didn't do anything," Wayne said. He took a deep breath and I braced for the upcoming embarrassment. "But you did with Rogue."

Rogue? That's fine. We mess around at parties if we need to escape someone. The whole group does that. Wayne didn't look pleased telling me this news. Could he be jealous?

"What else happened?"

Wayne sat down on the bed and told me everything. From drink or dare to a boy named Zach that I apparently sent running for the hills.

"You said you didn't want me to kiss Kelsey," he added.

"Oh." I really said that? I am never getting drunk around him again. Who knows what else I could have said or done if I didn't go to bed when I did.

I suddenly realized how close we were. Our shoulders touched and our knees pointed to each other. His t-shirt wasn't big enough, so my thighs were on display.

Wayne rubbed his palms on his black sweatpants. His pinky just barely touched my bare skin. It shocked me back into reality.

I stood abruptly and pushed aside my headrush. "I'm gonna take a shower and stuff," I announced. I rubbed my forehead and blinked rapidly.

Wayne rose and cracked his knuckles. "Yeah, you should do that. I mean, not that you need to, you smell like vanilla." I raised my eyebrows and held back the urge to smile at his comment.

"I mean, I didn't-" he stammered. "I'm gonna go."

He opened my door and I put my hand on his elbow, stopping him. It definitely worked. He stared at me with yearning eyes, matching my expression. His skin was just as I imagined. You shouldn't have imagined anything, Beth, nothing will ever happen again.

"Um, where is Simon?" I breathed.

"Who?" Wayne was clearly distracted, lost in a longing expression. Something must have gone off in his head. "Simon, yes, he is in his room. He's been asleep for 10 hours."

I furrowed my brows. "That's impossible. It's only 11." I corrected him.

Wayne laughed at my confusion. "No, Freeman, it's about 1:30."

I've been asleep for that long? I usually get 5 hours of sleep, not double that. "Huh."

He began to walk away, but turned back once more. "I still want to talk to you, later. Could I pick you up around 8 and we can go for a drive?"

"Yes, I would like that." I need to discuss my previous words and explain myself, mostly lie and say that it didn't mean anything.

"Alright, Freeman. You better drink water." He waved a finger at me while walking backwards.

"Yes, Nurse Anderson."

~

"Simon, one of my friends is going to pick me up and take me to dinner," I lied to my brother. His hangover was wearing off. He reclined on the couch binging on Lays Sour Cream and Onion chips and catching up on Lucifer.

"Which friend?" Simon asked, half interested.

"Uh, Rogue." Wow, that's who I came up with? Now he's even more invested. Simon turned around and gave me a questionable smile.

"Is this a date?" He asked. "I vaguely remember you two 'getting to know each other' yesterday." He put air quotes to seem even more sarcastic.

I sighed. "I don't know." I thought of Wayne. "Hopefully."

"I mean, you are certainly dressed like you want it to be." I wore a red tank top with mom jeans. I rolled my eyes at his remark and walked to the front door.

"Dickhead," I said under my breath.

"What was that?" Simon called out.

"I love you!" I exited the house as soon as I could. I ran to Wayne's car and hopped in.

I don't know what I was thinking when I got ready. I drank pineapple juice. I wanted to prepare for every situation.

"Hey, Freeman," Wayne greeted me, and I did the same.

He kind of just drove around the neighborhood. We did it in silence, neither one of us wanting to begin the awkward conversation. The sky was darkening into a rich twilight.

"Do you have any water?" I broke the silence. I needed to do it somehow.

"Yeah, it's in the console."

I opened it and amazingly he had two bottles of water, a sprite can, and a bottle of Jack Daniels. Really, in his car? That wasn't the only thing that surprised me. I picked out a pack of something that concerned me.

"I don't even want to ask," I said absolutely perplexed. Wayne looked over to what I held and chuckled.

"Have you never seen condoms before?" He teased. I put back the string of 8 and pushed aside the thought that he used 4 of them.

"No, I have." I shut the console. I did almost  have sex once.

I forgot to get the water, but I don't want to open that again. I put my hands in my lap and twiddled my thumbs. The car went quiet yet again.

Wayne cleared his throat. "Beth," He murmured in his deep voice. His tone made my heart race a little faster. I turned my head in his direction.

"Do you still want more?"

I gasped at his words. What if I said I did? Would he reject me? If I said no, would he know that I'm lying?

"Yes," I confessed. It was worth a shot.

Why isn't he answering? I need him to say something, anything. What is he thinking?

"Please, say something," I pleaded with my eyes fixed on the floorboard.

"Simon can't find out."

I looked at him. Is he talking about my little crush? It can't be because he wants more, too. Why would he want someone like me? I'm bigger than the girls he usually goes for and I don't act like them either.

"Do you want-"

"Of course I do." Wayne met my gaze with a sly smirk and scoffed. "That is not even a question."

I will never ask him why. Any answer would most likely disappoint me.

"So, how do you want to do this?" I said calmly. I don't want to seem too eager.

"My parents aren't home on most weekends. We could meet up at my house. Or we could at yours, whatever works."

I nodded. I can't believe this is actually happening. This isn't right, I never thought he would actually agree.

"I don't want you to sleep with anyone else," I insisted.

"Why's that?" Wayne questioned intensely. I kept my eyes forward.

"We would try to get back at each other by using other people" I clarified. "Jealousy doesn't look good on either of us."

"Okay," Wayne agreed. "but this is a double standard. You can't have sex with anyone else but me."

"Alright," I sighed. That will be easy, but he doesn't need to know that.

He turned the corner onto my street and stopped in front of my house. I reached for the door handle, but I didn't want to leave. I grinned at him.

"Are your parents home right now?"

Please Vote and Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 937 29
Malia's mom was a hard working woman, Sierra had raised her daughter with the help of her family. Malia's father was never in the picture and she did...
8M 120K 64
"๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ ๐จ๐ซ๐ ๐ž๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐ˆ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฅ๐š๐ข๐ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง. ๐€๐ง๐ ๐ˆ'๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐ก๐ž๏ฟฝ...
1.4M 42.7K 46
โ๐ƒ๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐จ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐ˆ๐ฅ๐š๐ซ๐ข๐š?โž ๊•ฅ She's beautiful, intelligent and seductive like her mother. But merciless, wicked...
5.3K 152 14
โGet away from me Enzo .โž I said with pure annoyance from this man. I stumbled outside in the rain to get myself away from him, but then suddenly he...