Reid

By spencer_reidssweater

"Do you ever think back to when we first met?" He murmurs. "Y'know, just the two of us. I never thought that... More

please read!
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26

5

271 5 1
By spencer_reidssweater

Bryn Reid

"Our conversations aren't even long, Spence." I laugh, shoveling a forkful of salad in my mouth.

"But you know what is." He smirks and I choke, pounding on my chest.

"Spencer Walter Reid!" I squeak, my face turning beet red.

Derek cackles loudly, almost falling out of his chair and Aaron, JJ, and Dave all rush out of Aaron's office to see what happened.

"Why's he laughing like an evil witch of the west?" JJ questions, gesturing to Derek.

"I can't-I can't breathe, hang on." Derek pants out through laughter.

"Shut up." I grumble and Spencer laughs, pulling my chair into his and wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"It's okay, sweetheart." He chuckles, pressing a kiss to my jaw.

"She 'gon get the long thing!" Derek cackles again and I groan loudly, burying my head in my hands.

"What in the world?" Aaron asks as Dave lets out a laugh.

"Spencer made a joke about... something and Derek heard it and now he's cackling like a madman on cocaine!" I exclaim, throwing my hands in the air as both the boys cackle again, this time JJ and Dave joining in.

"I just want to eat my salad in peace!" I groan out and JJ laughs.

"Let the poor girl eat her salad, guys." She defends me.

"Thank you!"

-

"Holy crap," I whisper shout to myself.

It's a few days after I met up with Spencer at the office, and I've been throwing up every other day. My first pregnancy with Atlas, I threw up every morning and had major fatigue, so when I woke up this morning and vomited, i went back to sleep then when I woke up again, I took a test.

And now, I'm staring at the little screen that says Pregnant.

I've been saving an idea in case we ever had another child on how to tell Spencer, so I hide the tests in a box of pads before going to the bathroom washing my hands and walking out into the bedroom.

"You okay, sweetheart? You were in there for 5 minutes and 12 seconds." Spencer asks from the bed where he lays on his stomach, his hands under his pillow that his head was laying on.

"I'm fine, Spence. I just zoned out for a minute. Thank you." I climb in beside him, laying on my side and throwing an arm over his torso and nuzzling my head into his shoulder.

"Can we have a movie day?" I question, shifting so my cheek is against the edge of his shoulder as he shifts his head over to look at me.

"Whatever my pretty girl wants." He smiles sleepily.

I grin, leaning and pressing a quick kiss to his mouth.

"You're so cute." I giggle, pecking his lips one more time before sitting up.

"Come on. I'm picking a movie." I grab the remote and scroll through Netflix, picking a cute looking movie.

He sits up and leans against my side, his head laying on top of mine.

We sit like that until his phone rings, both of us letting out a groan knowing that he most likely has a case.

He reaches over and unplugs his phone, pressing accept and placing it to his ear.

"Spencer Reid." He says groggily. "Yep. I'll be there soon."

"Case?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah. As bad as this movie is, I really wanted to be here with you guys." He chuckles softly.

"Hey!" We both laugh lightly. "Well, there are people out there rooting for you to save them, so get up." I smile, pushing him.

He nods and gets up, dragging himself to the closet. He gets dressed in a pair of black slacks with a white button up and a maroon sweater, a black tie matching with it.

He makes his way into the bathroom, brushing his teeth before kneeling down and rummaging through the cabinets.

"Hey, babe?" He calls out and I freeze. Did he find the test?

"Yeah?"

"Where's my mouthwash?" He asks and I let out a small breath.

"Should be next to the extra toothbrushes." I answer.

"Ah, got it."

He grabs it out and dumps some in his mouth.

"Alright, I gotta go." He says.

"Okay," I whisper, standing up.

He grabs my hand as we make it to Atlas's room.

"Hey, buddy, daddy's got to go to work for a few days again, okay?" Spence says after shaking him awake.

"Okay, daddy. Stay safe." He smiles sleepily, wrapping his arms around his father's neck.

"I love you, A." He whispers before they pull away.

"Love you more." Atlas whispers back.

He lays back down and me and Spence walk down the hall way into the living room where his bag sits from the last case he went on a while ago.

"I love you, sweetheart." He whispers as he wraps his arms around me tightly.

"I love you, too, Spence." I wrap my arms around his equally as tight, not wanting to let go.

"Okay, I'll call you when we leave and when we land, as well as any chance I get." I nod as he pulls away, stepping onto my toes to place a quick kiss against his lips.

-

"Bryn Reid?" The nurse calls out and I stand with a small smile.

"If you could just sit down on that and lift your shirt up to your bra, that would be amazing." She smiles lightly.

I lay back and lift up my shirt.

"So, my name is Ryel and I'll probably be the one to preform you ultrasounds every time. I will also most likely be your midwife just because I'm that awesome. If you don't mind me asking, where's the father?" She asks as she slips on a pair of gloves.

"Oh, he's at work. I haven't told him yet. I'm trying to make it as memorable as possible." I laugh.

"Ah, I see. So this is your second?" I nod.

"Yeah, my first is 7, turning 8 soon. He's at school." I smile at the thought of my little boy.

"This is gonna be cold, if you remember. Just relax and you'll be able to see the little bundle of joy in the making." Ryel smiles brightly.

She places the gel on my stomach before moving the wand around.

"That right there is your baby. It look like you're about 7 weeks by the size of your bump and the size of the little one. Would you like pictures?" I nod immediately and she hands me a paper towel to wipe of my stomach.

"Alright, so basically I'll call you to schedule your next ultrasound and hopefully, dad will be here to see his little creation." She grins, handing me a small card and a few pictures.

"Thank you, so much. I was really worried that since my last ultrasound tech retired that I'd be stuck with a rude one, but obviously I didn't because you're standing right here." I laugh, making her grin larger.

"Yeah, you're kind of stuck with me for a little bit. Well, I'm sure you wanna get home and plan how to tell him, so." She pats her legs.

"Yeah. Thank you again. Have a great day." I say as I leave the room, making my way out to my car again.

-

"Hey, so this is going to sound really weird, but could I steal a file folder? Like the ones you guys use on cases." I stand with my phone between my shoulder and ear, talking to Aaron as I stir the noodles on the stove.

"What for?" He questions.

"I just-I have a really big surprise for Spencer and I want to tell him in a really fun way." I say quietly, trying not to alert Spencer in the living room who just got home about an hour ago.

"Okay, yeah. Uh are you coming in tomorrow to have lunch with him? I can give you it there." He says.

"I can. Is there a possibility that I could get you to tell them that theirs a case and have him open it around you guys? I really want you guys to be there and know."

"If we don't have a case I can do that. I'll fill up some files with random papers and leave Reid's to you." I can hear the smile in his voice to which I smile.

"Thank you. I'll see you then."

He hangs up and I turn to see Spencer leaning against the doorway.

"Who was that?" He questions, walking over and wrapping his arms around my waist, setting his chin on my shoulder as he looks at the stove.

"JJ. I told her I was coming to lunch tomorrow to see you and she wants to give me something." I answer, leaning back into his chest.

"Ah." He hums, placing a soft kiss on my shoulder before nuzzling his head in my neck.

I reach a hand up and scratch his scalp softly as I test the noodles.

When I see that they're done, Spence let's go of me and I place the strainer in the pot and turn it upside down above the sink.

Once the water's drained, I grab a spoon and a plate out of the cabinet, scooping some onto it and handing it to Spencer who spoons on spaghetti sauce.

I hand him the next plate and he does the same thing before setting them on the table as I grab two glasses of water.

"After we eat do you wanna go to bed?" Spence asks as he grabs my hand, shoveling a forkful of spaghetti into his mouth.

"Sure." I shrug with a small yawn, making him laugh.

When we finish eating, I bring in the dishes and rinse them off before placing them into the dishwasher.

"Come on," I grab his arm and lead him back into the bedroom, seeing how tired he is.

Since he changed earlier, he just lays down and cuddles into the blankets. I giggle at the sight before changing into one of his shirts. It goes to mid-thigh, so I don't worry about pants.

I crawl in beside him, and he throws an arm over my stomach, laying his head on my shoulder.

I rub his shoulder with my thumb, continuing after his even breaths hit my chest exposed by the big collar of my shirt.

I smile before my eyes close.

-

"Hey, Spencer, can you help me quick?" JJ asks, sending me a wink.

"Yeah." He shrugs.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." I say and he nods before turning to the other side of the room.

I make it to Aaron's office without Spencer noticing, and he hands me a file folder.

"Thank you, so much. Can I fill it out in here?" I ask and he nods.

"I'm gonna go get another cup of coffee anyways. Office is yours." He smiles softly before standing up with his coffee mug.

He opens the door and walks out, closing the blinds.

I clip in the pictures and a small note, adding in some handwritten notes. I stick some empty paper behind the pictures to make it seem realistic before leaving it on his desk with a small note on it saying that it is Spencer's.

I check the blinds and see that Spencer is still occupied, so I walk out and sit down in the chair I was just in.

"Hey guys, we just got a case. I'm gonna grab the files." He sends me a wink as the team stands up.

Spence wraps an arm around my waist quickly, kissing me softly.

"Love you, baby." He smiles before pressing a kiss to my head.

If only you knew, Spence.

"Love you." I whisper back before they all walk into the conference room.

"Come on." Aaron says after he grabs the files. "Come in after I say to open them, okay?"

I nod and watch as he walks in before standing off to the side of the door.

"Okay, don't open these until I say so. Basically, this is a new kind of case. It's targeted at Spencer's family, so I'm giving you a warning before you look. Open it." I walk in as quietly as I can, not wanting anyone to hear me.

It takes a minute, but Spencer's head shoots up and Aaron gestures to me.

"You're pregnant?" He whispers.

"Yeah." I nod, giggling as he runs the few steps, gathering me into his arms.

"Oh my gosh." He sobs into my neck, his back shaking slightly.

I look back at everyone, who's eyes are wide and mouth agape. I laugh slightly as tears gather in my eyes.

"So we don't have a case?" Penelope says from the back of the room.

We all laugh as Aaron shakes his head with a laugh of his own.

"No, we do not have a case."

"When did you find out?" Spencer asks as he pulls away slightly, still keeping his arms around me.

"The day that you guys left for your last case. The reason why I took so long was because I took a test. The next day I got an ultrasound. I'm 7 weeks." I answer as I wipe me eyes, knowing he'd remember.

"I'm so excited for you guys, congratulations." JJ says, wiping her eyes with a small laugh.

I pull away from Spencer and hug her, whispering a thank you in her ear.

In the corner of my eye, I see Aaron hugging Spencer tightly. I hug Penelope next, her squealing in my ear.

After we both get through everybody, Aaron let us all go home.

Spencer grabs my hand in his, a grin now plastered on his face as we walk down to the car. Since I dropped him off this morning, it's only one car.

-

When we get home, Spence doesn't waste time pressing a soft kiss to my mouth.

"I can't believe we're having another baby." He says against my lips and I pull away.

"I know." I peck his lips again. "I never thought that I could be so excited to wake up and pee."

He chuckles as he cups my cheek and places a gentle hand on my stomach.

"There's already a bump." He whispers, amazed. "It's about the size of a blueberry."

"I can't wait to meet them." I admit softly.

"Me too." He says, getting down on one knee.

"We've been married, babe. I don't think you need to be down on one knee. Plus, you shouldn't be on that knee. It's still bad from when you got shot." I reach down to help him up and he laughs and shakes his head.

"No, I'm not proposing again, Bryn. I want to talk to them."

"Well don't hurt your knee, come on. You can sit on a chair or something. I promise you, the baby will not care." I help him up and he sits down on the couch and I stay standing.

He places his hands on my hips, rubbing them slightly with his thumbs.

"Hey, kiddo. It's daddy. I, uh, I don't know exactly what to say, which is funny because you have a big brother, but I want to say how much I love you, already." He pulls up my shirt and places a warm kiss to the small bump of our baby.

"Call it the hormones, or call it me being me, but that's the sweetest thing." I wipe my eyes and he laughs, standing up and kissing away my tears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.2K 1K 19
spencer reid fan fiction. spencer reid meets a girl, who is the complete opposite of him. but also, exactly like him. gianna beckett, seems to have s...
875K 15.6K 39
["The second his lips touched yours, the roar of bad memories and gruesome crime scenes that always filled the silence in your mind dulled down to a...
2.3K 97 33
Welcome to the wonderful world of Seraphina Vilein, a woman with more to prove than just her intelligence. Abstract from the book---- Another look wa...
71.1K 1.5K 41
"do you think it was easy watching you fall in love with her? you think my heart wasn't broken when i found out you two were getting married? i stood...