Mon Amour

Door WritingInConsequence

Maksim Lukin is a deadly Russian wolf with a need to stay isolated. AnnaLee McBride is an innocent human gir... Meer

author's note
Dedication
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Coat of the Legend
Chapter 2: Unravelled
Chapter 3: A Whole New World Revealed
Chapter 4: Trapped
Chapter 5: Meeting My Kidnappers
Chapter 6: Finding Him (Part 1)
Chapter 6: Finding Him (part 2)
Chapter 7: Mr. Fix-It
Chapter 8: Moving In (part 1)
Chapter 8: Moving In (part 2)
Chapter 9: Chasing the Past
Thank You!
Chapter 11: Confronted (part 1)
Chapter 11: Confronted (part 2)
Chapter 12: Rescue Me
Chapter 13: Innocent
Chapter 14: Finding Us
Chapter 15: Explain Yourself
Chapter 16: The Lone Wolf
Chapter 17: Out for Blood
Chapter 18: The Catalyst
Chapter 19: True Colors
Chapter 20: With Love Comes Power
Chapter 21: Truth Unraveled
Chapter 22: In Sickness and In Health (Part 1)
Chapter 22: In Sickness and In Health (part 2)
Chapter 23: Pleasurable Destruction
Chapter 24: Unorthodox Cure
Chapter 25: What's Done is Done
Chapter 26: Needing You
Author's Note
Chapter 27: Too Good to be True
Chapter 28: The Ultimate Opportunist
Chapter 29: Feminists Make the First Move...
Chapter 30: ... Alphas Make the Last
Chapter 31: Nettlesome Nik
Chapter 32: A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Chapter 33: I've Seen A Ghost
Chapter 34: The Past Always Catches Up
Chapter 35: Roadie For A Day
Chapter 36: Fantasies Turn into Tragedies
Chapter 37: To Have Never Loved At All
Chapter 38: When Vengeance Meets Kindness
Epilogue
If You Don't Read This, You Will Be Sorry...
After Mon Amour...

Chapter 10: Surprises

39.5K 1.6K 147
Door WritingInConsequence

I would really appreciate it if you guys could write some reviews of the book. I'll pick a few to put on the story description for people to see. Thank you all!
_______________________________________

Chapter 10: Surprises

Maksim woke up to a pounding in his skull. Never before had he suffered from such an agonizing head ache. After about an hour, he mustered the strength to slither out from under his sheets.

Maksim sat at the edge of his bed, dressed in only his boxers. He knew he would have to get up eventually, but he just felt so tired.

He was pulled away from his thoughts as he felt an intense pain go up his arm, only it wasn't his pain. The feeling sent chills up his spine.

Anna.

With the knowledge that his mate was hurt, Maksim's wolf-senses ripped through him to take control.

He did not shift, but allowed himself to get lost in her sweet scent. It served as a trail that would lead the alpha right to the girl.

His heart was racing, as his claws extended and his K-9's dropped.

Maksim's vision clouded to help him focus on her smell. He knew his eyes had blackened.

The alpha was depending on his wolf-senses entirely.

Her scent was getting stronger and stronger until he heard her scream out of fear.

His vision cleared in a matter of seconds, allowing him to look around the room for any signs of danger, only to find nothing.

"Maks, let go. Are you ok?" came a muffled voice under him.

Maksim peered down at her, only to realize what he had done.

The alpha had her pinned to his chest tightly, his arms pressing her to his half naked form.

Had he been the reason she screamed?

"Maks?" Anna questioned, her breaths warming his chest.

Maksim shook his head, as if to relieve himself of his trance, and peered down at the little lady.

She seemed fine, but Maks inspected every inch of her anyway.

"What happened?" Maks asked, as he dropped his hold on her. He expected Anna to back away from him, but she remained where she was.

"What do you mean?" Anna asked, her brow furrowing.

"I mean, how did you hurt yourself? Your arm isn't it?" He asked all too knowingly.

"Oh, that... I'm making bacon and the grease popped on my arm. How did you know?" Anna brushed off.

"Let me see." Maks said as he grabbed her arm to inspect. He only saw two little burn marks.

He didn't understand. It was natural for a shifter to feel their mate's pain, but the pain he felt was so intense, it led him to believe the girl was being attacked by another wolf.

"Why did you look so scary a minute ago? Your eyes were black and I could see your teeth and claws." Anna asked. She was cooking and turned around to see him standing their. It startled her so much it caused her to scream.

"I was worried about you." Maksim answered before he could catch himself.

When he realized what he admitted to, he frowned.

"Really?" Anna asked with wide eyes.

"That surprises you?" Maksim asked narrowing his own eyes.

"Nope." Anna said popping the 'p'. "However, it does surprise me that you admitted it. You have a tendency to be a baby when it comes to admitting things to me." Anna said, her tone playful.

Maksim smirked. Was the girl actually teasing him? He could play that game just as well.

Pulling her close, he leaned down to whisper in her ear, "If you want anything out of me, you have to earn it, mon amour."(my love.-French)

As he pulled away, he could feel her shutter from his words. Maksim smirked. It was nice to know he had an effect on the little thing.

"I-I..." Anna stuttered.

"You what, Anna?" He asked leaning over her, amused. He was well aware he was being mean, but couldn't help himself.

Anna knew he was messing with her now. She collected her thoughts and glared at him.

"I was wanting to know if I could go looking around today... by myself?"

"No." Maksim answered immediately.

"I know it could be dangerous because of the wolves outside the territory, and I know why you would be reluctant, but-"

"I said no, AnnaLee." The alpha's patience was wearing thin.

"Fine, I'll just pretend you said yes." Anna stated defiantly, as she looked up at Maksim.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means I was being curtious before, by asking for permission. However, I don't need your blessing."

"So, what are you saying?" Maksim inquired, confused.

"I'm saying that I'm going anyway." Anna said matter-of-factly.

"Is that so?" Maksim asked. He had never been around someone that didn't listen to him. All the pack members had to, for he was their alpha. But this... this... human had the ability to ignore him altogether.

Maksim wasn't sure if he liked that or not.

"Mhmm." AnnaLee smiled.

"Fine. Go. Just don't leave the territory, of course, and take a cell phone." Maks gave in.

For some reason he was rewarding the girl for defying him. It wasn't everyday that happened. Maksim knew it took a lot of courage. The alpha was quite intimidating and he knew it.

Besides, he had to figure out what was going on. He had lost control last night, and this morning, it seems he had overreacted. He also wasn't feeling well, which was rare.

"Are you serious?" Anna asked, oblivious to his thoughts.

"Yep."

"That was easy." Anna muttered.

***

Anna walked through the territory. It reminded her of a little village. The hidden town was growing on her and she felt at home.

Regardless of her feelings towards the town, she felt uneasy.

Last night Maks ran away from her after she kissed his nose.

Anna didn't even realize she had done it, until after he left. How could she have been so stupid? Maks had made it clear to her that she was not wanted.

She blindly hoped the Alpha was just afraid of having a relationship or something to that effect.

Anna was worried about Maks. The way he behaved this morning seemed out of character.

She had only burnt herself a tiny bit, but he acted as though he expected to find her dead on the floor.

"Luna!" Anna heard, causing her to turn around.

"Kender! How are you?" She asked sweetly, seeing the young man walking towards her.

"I'm fine. I was just heading into the cafe. Want to come?" Kender offered.

"Sure, as long as I'm not imposing." Anna smiled.

Kender seemed as though he was around her age, perhaps a bit younger. Anna still had yet to make any friends besides Nik and he seemed nice enough.

"Of course not. Come on." Kender said, leading the way.

Anna was escorted to a booth in the back, making small talk and eating lunch. So far, she had enjoyed herself.

"Luna, I have a problem that I'm desperate for you to help me with. I hope this won't ruin our new friendship, but it's a very important matter-" Kender stated abruptly, after a long silence between the two.

"Kender what is it?" Anna questioned, cutting him off. He seemed tense. She had no idea what he could possibly want from her, but was curious nevertheless.

Kender sat up straighter and his voice took on a business-like tone.

"I'd like for you to help my sister."

"The one in the hospital?" Anna asked, recalling the information.

"The thing is, she isn't in the hospital. I lied before, and I'm sorry for that. I don't know why I did it."

"If she isn't in the hospital, where is she?" Anna asked feeling confused.

Kender sighed. "She is in tyur'ma. It's where the pack holds prisoners. Her name is Cassandra."

"Why is she there?"

"They think she has been feeding the timber wolves pack information."

"Why would they think that?" Anna questioned. How could he ask for her help? If his sister was guilty, then she was helping the wolves that wanted to hurt Anna.

"Our family was accepted into this pack last year. Alpha Lukin allowed us to become pack members after we fled the timber wolf pack, to which we are very thankful."

"Why did you and your family flee?" Anna asked. She felt like she was missing something.

"We were omegas. Omegas are the lowest rank and the timber wolf pack views them as a burden. We were abused horribly because of our status. My father had heard of Alpha Lukin's pack. He was our only option." Kender remembered painfully.

"Why is Cassandra being singled out if you all came from the timber wolf pack?" Anna questioned. Any one of them could have been the culprit.

"She has a mate still in the pack. They sent her a message. It promised his freedom in return for information."

"That's horrible, but I still don't understand what you want me to do." Anna said, biting her lip out of habit.

"I was hoping you would talk to Alpha Lukin about her situation. I'm not sure he knows all the details. She is sentenced to be executed in three days for treason. I hate asking so much of you and it was not my intention, but you are my last chance to save her."

"Did she do it?" Anna asked as she swallowed.

"She has not said either way."

"Kender, I-I can't promise anything, but I will try to talk to him."

Anna didn't know how she would handle this. Her and Maksim's relationship was rocky as it was. How would she ask for something like this? She had no hold over the Alpha and he didn't owe her anything.

However, she had to try. Even if Cassandra was guilty, she was forced into the situation. She was only trying to save the one she loved. Maksim could not be that cold-hearted.

"Thank you so much, Luna. She is the only family I have left. " As Kender said this, he kissed Anna on the cheek. "Thank you. I will be forever indebted to you."

Anna blushed at his actions.

"I can't guarantee anything, Kender but I will try. I'm sure he won't listen to me." Anna spoke honestly. Her biggest fear was that Kender would get his hopes up for nothing.

"I understand. It's just, I was becoming desperate. At least now I have some hope. Here is my number. We can meet up after you talk to him. "

"Ok." Anna said, taking the slip of paper.

After Kender left, Anna couldn't help but feel dreadful. She knew this hole situation would end terribly. She still had yet to understand what was going on with Maks. Now Anna had the pressure of having a girl's life in her hands.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2.9M 100K 75
Playing a tune that I knew since I was a child. I expertly pressed the key correctly, not a single mistake. The beautiful sound coming from the grand...
39.2K 1.5K 15
When Ballister and his... friend, y/n l/n, have been accused of killing the queen, they are on the run. No home to stay in, no friends or family to t...
31.8K 1K 34
Running from his dark legacy, River finds himself caught in the midst of a werewolf rivalry bleeding into the human world; a low fantasy enemies to l...
89.9K 4.2K 61
✱Park Jimin asks you to be his girlfriend. ✱Kim Taehyung asks you to be his wife. ✱Jeon Jungkook asks you to be his forever. ~MAKNAE VERSION~ Highest...