Chapter 32: A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Chapter 32: A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

"Breathe in, breathe out." Anna whispered attempting to calm herself. 

"Breathe in,- I can't believe i'm doing this." She exclaimed as she fell back on the pillows and rubbed her temples.

When the Luna planned this evening, she hadn't expected to be so nervous. She had done this before. Why was she so panicked? 

Running back to the bathroom connected to Maks' room, Anna stared at herself in the mirror again. Usually Anna didn't put much effort into her appearance, but tonight everything about her looks were intentional. 

Her hair had grown considerably since she met Maksim, even seeming healthier. Tonight she wore it down, parted in the middle, and pulled around her shoulder in a way that she was sure he liked.

About an hour ago, Svetlana went full makeup artist, and took control of Anna's features.

At first she was shocked at how beautiful she was. Her green eyes were illuminated by the sultry smokey eye she wore, paired with a nude lip. 

It wasn't what she would have picked out, but it was stunning. 

Svet and Anna made a shopping trip earlier in the week, where she secretly bought a lovely lavender silk night dress. The design wasn't overly seductive, but neither was she. It was a perfect fit.

Anna even enlisted the help of Nik. 

The Beta's job was to keep Maksim out of the house all day, so she could prepare.

Of course, she didn't share with Nik her intentions. It was none of his business and he couldn't hold water.

All he knew, was that she was setting up a date for Maks, nothing more.

At the moment, Anna wished that was all tonight was supposed to be. Her nerves were rearing their ugly head, and the wait was making her loose confidence. 

Could she actually do this?

Her plan was beginning to look dumber by the minute. 

What did she think was going to happen? Maks would walk in and she was just going to seduce him?

She had never tried to seduce anyone.

And worse, what if he turned her down? 

She hadn't even thought of that.

Maksim made it clear he had never been with anyone. Sex was a big deal to him.

Before Anna could bury herself under her thoughts, She heard the door slam downstairs.

"No, Nik! Just leave. You've wasted my time."

Anna's eyes got big. She asked Nik to keep him busy, not make him angry.

"No, I don't want to watch you put together another puzzle." Came Maksim's irritated voice. His statement made Anna's brows furrow. That's what they did all day?

"I don't care if it has 5,000 pieces! Just go!" Maksim yelled, as he slammed the door.

That was her cue.

Anna scurried back in the bedroom and dimmed the lights. 

Maks should be finding the lillies and the note she left for him right about now.

"Anna?" She heard him call.

Now time for the music. Going to his record player, she played a song close to both their hearts.

Frank Sinatra's voice rang through the air. 

I've got you under my skin,

Anna listened for a moment before getting back on the bed.