Beautifully Broken

By -pcyxoxo-

"Beautifully Broken" is a quirky story of a famous mysterious painter who somehow becomes the personal assist... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 1

126 7 0
By -pcyxoxo-

Emery

Three months later...

"We'll be arriving in less than ten minutes." Frank informed me from the driver seat.

"What did George say?"

"He said we have to ask for the receptionist. Apparently the assistant resigned a while back. They're  still in the process of hiring."

"Do you think we'll be able to close the deal?"

"It all depends on Mr. Rivera. I was informed his mood is not too good lately due to his previous assistant."

"We have to close the deals today." I said to Frank. "I have had enough of this chasing games."

Braydon Rivera, the so called multimillionaire has been making me and my employees run around him and his people for that land.

For three months we were pushed to different people of different departments all for that land. None of them have the answers to my questions. I almost lost my patience until George, one of the employee from the company responded and asked us to come and meet him for a possible deal.

And here we are.. on our way hoping to close the deals.

"I will meet you in the entrance." Frank said as soon as he stopped the car in front of the large entrance.

"Take your time. We're twenty minutes early." I said and stepped out of the car.

"I'll be right back." Frank said.

While standing and waiting for Frank to come. Someone pulled me by my wrist and started walking towards the entrance.

"What are you doing?" I asked the blond woman who was dressed in a light pink suit.

"I asked you to meet me inside the building. Why are you still standing outside?" She said in a clipped tone.

"You have got the wron-"and before I could finish my sentence. We were already waiting for the elevator.

"Listen to me well.. Mr. Rivera, will be in his office once you walk in. There are some things you should know before you go in. One, staffs should always be punctual. Two, he doesn't like to repeat his instructions. Three.." before she could continue her speech the elevator's door opened and I see a tall man in his late twenty's standing inside the elevator.

His dark hair lightly fell on his handsome and small face. His dark eyes watched us carefully while his face remained impassive and calm.

"Mr. Rivera." The blonde greeted him immediately.

Who would have thought I would be meeting him today. I believe George said Braydon Rivera will not be joining us in our appointment today because he is busy.

He must think that the rest of us are all wasting his time and he is the only one who is busy.

"Get on the damn elevator." He said with annoyance clear on his voice.

They say good looks comes with foul attitudes and he's the best example.

The blonde pushed me inside the elevator and waved goodbye before I could object.

I will take this opportunity to strike a deal with him about the art gallery. I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about the gallery but rather about the profit, and today I'm going to give him the money he won't be able to refuse.

"What's your name again?" He asked.

"Emery." I said.

"I thought your name is Janice?" He give me a quizzical look but shrug after few seconds. "You're late." He looked at his expensive watch for quick second.

"I'm pretty sure I'm early." I said to him.

"You know what you're getting yourself into?" He asked.

"No." I said honestly. I have no idea why I'm in this elevator with him and what they have in mind.

He rolled his eyes at me. "I thought you were aware about your job description?"

"What job description?"

"Ain't you my new assistant?" He cocked his head to the side giving me a confused look.

"I'm not." I said.

In less than few minute his expression turned angry to impassive. He pursed his lip and said,

"If you're trying to play a joke here.. you have the wrong person. I'm very busy today."

"Ain't we all?" I said. " I'm here to talk about some business proposal."

He raised one of his eyebrow. "Do I know you?"

"My name is Emery Greyson. I'm here on behalf of my company to talk about the art gallery that you purchased not so while ago. My company is interested in purchasing the gallery from you."

"What's your company's name?" He asked quizzically.

"Bliss."

"Never heard of it." He shrugged.

"We're willing to double the price that you paid for the land." I said.

He rolled his eyes. "Too late. I already signed a contract with another company. We'll be making condominiums with that place and its surroundings."

My mouth was agape at the news.

"I will pay for the penalty and will pay double of what the other company had offer." I said.

He raised one of his eyebrow at me. "It's not even worth it." He said to me. "You're throwing away money. Are you suppose to be making decision by yourself?"

"You don't think my decision make sense?"

"It doesn't matter to me if it makes sense or not. I'm not planning to sell the place to you or your company. Your company doesn't even sound legit to me."

"You're not aware about the art industry, are you?" I asked shock by his oblivion.

"You're wasting yours and my time." He said as the elevator door opened.

"I told you I'm serious about purchasing the place."

"Who's the CEO of the company?" He asked as he stepped out of the elevator.

"Does it matter?" I said as I pressed the stop button in the elevator.

"I only do businesses with the boss." He turned around to look at me.

I raised one of my eyebrow.

"As far as I know Bliss is owned by someone called Lyric."

"So you do know about Bliss." I said giving him an accusation look.

He shrugged. "Tell your boss I will hear her out only if she makes the time to."

"I'm in charge of this project." I said. "I can make decision for her."

He rolled his eyes at me. "It doesn't matter. I have to make sure that we're on the same page."

"What?" I was confused by his words.

"Don't follow me inside or I might have to call the security." He said. "Next time don't pretend to be someone else. It cause major problems and concerns." He turned and started walking away.

"I didn't pretend." I said out loud. "You all assume I'm that person!"

"Then make it clear that you're not them!" He said while his back was towards me.

I agreed with his sentences and stepped back  to think about my next step.

Braydon Rivera, this is not over yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605K 37.4K 48
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 �...
230K 12.9K 34
The story continues to unfold, with secrets unraveling and new dangers lurking in the shadows. The Chauhan family must stay united and face the chall...
295K 9.9K 34
My back was pressed against the wall, and our faces were merely inches away. He gently placed a finger below my chin and tilted my face upward. I tri...
1.1M 69.4K 33
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...