Kitten [Editing]

By melaninsia

Rose Marie Jones was born an orphan, and spent her most of her life raised in a group home. She's eighteen, s... More

| 0 |
| 1 |
| 2 |
| 3 |
| 4 |
| 5 |
| 6 |
| 7 |
| 8 |
| 9 |
| 10 |
| 11 |
| 12 |
| 13 |
| 14 |
| 15 |
| 16 |
| 18 |
| 19 |
| 20 |
| 21 |
| 22 |
| 23 |
| 24 |
| 25 |
| 26 |
| 27 |
| 28 |
| 29 |
| 30 |
| 31 |
| 32 |
| 33 |
| 34 |
| 35 |
| 36 |
| 37 |
| 38 |
| 39 |
| 40 |
| 41 |
| 42 |
| epilogue |
| hello |
| Hello Again! |
| Rose |

| 17 |

4.2K 155 19
By melaninsia

"KITTEN!" I rolled my eyes, pressing pause on my computer. I jogged down the stairs, stopping in front of the door to see Aurelio throwing the house keys in a bowl placed by the door.

"Yes sir?" I asked with my hands behind my back.

"Where were you?"

"I have classes right now sir."

"I need to see you in the bedroom, now." I nodded, going back up the steps and instead of going into my room, I kept straight, going down the hall into Aurelio's. He wasn't to far behind and went straight to his closet as he entered.

"Is everything alright sir?" I felt slightly nervous. Dows he know I went to the club last week. Does he know about George and I? Were we not careful?

"Sit down." I quickly took a seat on the bed as he neared me. "We're going to a party tonight, celebrating the start of construction for the building in Manhattan. There are a few rules we need to go over. First, stay close to me. Second, don't talk to any one without my permission. Third, behave yourself. If you do anything to cause a scene, so God help me and don't try to run away, you won't succeed."

Do I sit and roll over too?

"I won't try to run." I responded instead.

"Just want you to know about the consequences if you do." He placed both his hands by my side nearly trapping me in. I could feel the warmth of his breath on my lips. "H-how was your week?"

"It was fine." I swallowed. He hummed looking me over before placing his lips on mine. I instantly thought of what Maria said, and then the sneaking around with George as well. I was so deep in thought, I didn't realize Aurelio was staring at me, analyzing me.

"Are you sure nothing happened?" He questioned, tilting his head.

"Positive."

"I know when you're lying and it's pissing me off. You could at least be a little better at it."

"Then maybe I need to take some lessons from you." I retorted, trying to throw him off his game.

"There's the little sassy remarks. I almost missed them." He only chuckled, pecking my lips before straightening up. "You have three hours, Lola will help you."

"Can Maria help?"

"What's wrong with Lola?" He sighed.

"I don't trust her. She likes you and she's definitely not touching my face after last week." I mumbled the last part to myself.

"What are you talking about?"

"Nothing." I quickly shut my mouth, realizing that it came out louder than I wanted it to. Aurelio tilted his head examining me.

"Well we can sit here until you remember."

"I heard you two okay." I rolled my eyes, looking away from him. He smirked as if I said something funny while shaking his head.

"I don't particularly like you spending so much time with Maria but very well, you can go." I quickly stood up, making my way out the room. "And not that I owe you an explanation or anything, but I haven't fucked Lola in months, not my fault if she masturbates while thinking of me." I turned to face him with that arrogant ass smile plastered across his face.

"And why would I believe you?" He stood up, walking towards me as I crossed my arms, still standing in the doorway.

"Because I can't get your disrespectful ass out my head." He left the room leaving me there, speechless and dumbfounded.

☁︎︎

"Good evening Mr. Martinez. Good evening Mrs. Martinez."

"Good evening." Aurelio greeted, as I nodded and smile. "You can greet back." He muttered in my ear as we were walking away.

"Didn't know how literal your threats were." He chuckled at my response, leading me to a table near the front.

"Well if it's any consolation, Maria did a wonderful job. Red is your best color Kitten."

"Thank you." I bit back a "screw you" as he pulled out a chair for me.

"I'm going to go greet the governor. Remember what we talked about." He whispered, kissing the spot below my ear. My body warms every time he does that and I hated it. I shifted in my seat before curiously looking around. I looked at all the corners of the building; the back was guarded, the front was guarded where people were pouring in, even the bathrooms were guarded. There was a ding coming from my purse and it had to be my phone.

When I unlocked it, I saw a text from George.

- How's the party?

So far, boring. -

- Wish I was there?

Honestly yes. -

- Turn around.

I did, seeing him standing next to Brian at the back entrance. He smirked at me before looking back at his watch. I should really get one of those.

- Meet me in the bathrooms at 9:30 ;)

I bit my lip, placing my phone in my purse as Aurelio came to the table. Just as he did, a waiter set down salads, with glasses of champagne. The night truly was boring and I had to fight to stay awake. The only thing that kept me awake was Aurelio squeezing my thigh from time to time. The clock was just now reaching 9:20 and I saw George switch places with another guard.

"How long are we going to be here?"

"About another hour, why? Are you ready to leave."

"Honestly, yes." I sighed, taking another sip of champagne.

"I don't particularly like these parties either. It's such a headache."

"Then why do you come?"

"It wouldn't be a good image for the CEO of the company and his pretty little pet, to not attend."

"I'm not a pet." I lowly growled.

"No, but your my kitten." He winked at me, making me roll my eyes. I glanced at the grand clock on the wall reading 9:29.

"Mr. Martinez, can we get a picture of you and your fiancé for the website?" I furrowed my eyebrows. Fiancé!? When did he propose? My head snapped in Aurelio's direction so fast and all he did was smirk and nodded his head. Did she say something was funny?

"Sure Gail." Aurelio stood and reached his hands towards me and I stared. My hearing has got to be playing jokes on me tonight. "Come on darling, let's not keep her waiting." I swallowed the lump and took his hand, letting him lead the way as we walked to the landscape of the new building. I wanted to stand, arms distance but this Gail person wouldn't let me be great.

"Come on Mrs. Martinez, don't be modest. Get closer." I lowly growled before moving closer.

"Easy Kitten." He whispered, pressing my body against his. His hand was trailing down my spine, resting on my hips. I forced a smile, hoping this moment would be over soon. I haven't been this close to him since that day he kissed me and even then all I can think about is him and Lola.

"Thank you, enjoy your night." She beamed before walking away.

"Why did she call me your fiancé?" I asked him.

"She probably got the labels confused." He shrugged his shoulders. "Are you ready to go? I'm tired."

"Yeah, I just need to go to the bathroom." I excused myself brushing past the security guard, standing in front of the door. I locked the door, sighing as I looked at myself in the mirror.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I gasped, turning around quickly.

"You startled me." He grinned pressing our bodies close together, taking my lips in a gentle kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss as he placed me on the counter top. I've enjoyed the passionate kisses we've shared but it never went farther than that. I guess you can say I was holding out for something but I just don't know what that was. George has been anything but patient, but so has Aurelio..

Why am I even thinking about him while I'm with George?

Maybe that whole fiancé ordeal.

Yeah.. that's the reason.

Sarcastic bitch.

I pressed my hands on George chest slightly pushing him back.

"What's wrong?" He asked, his hands rubbing up and down my sides.

"Nothing. Aurelio wants to leave early and I don't want to raise any suspicions."

"I overheard that Aurelio's going to be leaving again for the week, maybe you and I can do some late night swimming. You can use those sleeping pills again."

"Maybe." I grinned, kissing him one last time.

"Are you sure that's all on your mind?" I looked down. "Come on, tell me." He urged.

"This woman.. she called me Aurelio's fiancé." I could feel George's body go rigid as he slightly pulled away. "I just ruined the mood didn't I?" I bit my lip.

"No, um. I just thought of something at the wrong time." He tried to smile like everything was okay, but I know what I just said bothered him. I didn't eat to press on about so I just left it at that.

"Well I should go, don't want to keep him waiting."

"Yeah." I hopped off the counter, walking towards the door before I was pulled back for one last sweet kiss.

"Goodnight Rosie."

"Goodnight George."

☁︎︎

"Kitten.. Kitten.. WAKE UP!" I flinched at the loud voice booming in my ears. I turned in my bed to see Aurelio standing over me. "What were you dreaming about?" Strangling you.

"Nothing in particular." I answered, rubbing my face. "Why am I being woken up, if I may ask?"

"Well, we're going to Manhattan for the week so get up. Pack whatever things you may need and Carmen will take them to the car. She will also be joining us on this trip."

"What about Maria?"

"What about her?" He countered.

"Why isn't she coming?"

"Because she has things to take care of here. Besides there's a cook in Manhattan and I like to alternate with whom I take out of town. With that being said, I'm going to give you two hours to freshen up, pack an overnight bag and come downstairs to eat breakfast."

"An overnight bag? Aren't we going for a week?"

"Don't ask questions Kitten, just do as you're told." And with that Aurelio left me alone in my room. So much for the Aurelio-free week. I did as told with some extra time to talk to Maria privately. I sat at the stool in the kitchen and watched her cook as Aurelio was still in his study.

"So, I heard you're going to New York for the week." She started, flipping over the crepes.

"Yeah," I sighed deeply. "I don't understand why you can't come."

"Apparently, Aurelio doesn't like us spending a lot of time together, thinks I'm a bad influence and what not."

"Well he has a poor judge of character if he thinks Lola is any better." I rolled my eyes so hard, they could have fell out of my head. "Anyways, it won't be as fun without you." I mumbled, taking a grape from the fruit bowl she sets out every morning.

"I know darling but Carmen isn't that bad. Enjoy yourself, do as much shopping as you want and be careful."

"What do I need to be careful about?" I chuckled, taking some more grapes.

"Just be careful okay."

"Okay." I gave up as Aurelio walked in the kitchen. I took that as my cue to go to the dining room and wait for the plates to be set.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 4.1K 113
"Everything comes with a sacrifice, deal, or benefit, however for some reason I can't figure out if I'm either of those." ...
2.9M 73K 58
Nathan Vaughn is a hard working dad of a beautiful baby boy in which he is prepared to go the extra mile to keep him safe. He is the leader of the bi...
27.4K 826 51
Anastasia, has been through hell all her life from being being beaten and raped by her mafia husband she married at the age of 16 till the age of 23 ...
268K 5.5K 47
Georgia Alice Monroe. A young girl who has lived a life of only pain. Always paying the price so others around her don't have to. No one knows her...