Wasted Times [LIP GALLAGHER]

Oleh timetodepart

TRIGGER WARNING: THERE ARE SENSITIVE SCENES IN THIS BOOK "You know what Lip? Nobody ever went blind by lookin... Lebih Banyak

c a s t
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y o n e
b o o k t w o ?
i n t h e n i g h t
a c c o u n t i s s u e s

f o r t y t w o

5.4K 102 95
Oleh timetodepart

"So Fiona didn't leave?" I asked while walking with Ian and Lip back home from school.

"She couldn't do it, she did go to the station but she came back home." Ian replied as we turned the corner onto our street.

"Is that a cop car outside of your house?" Lip questioned gesturing to the blue and red flashing lights down the street.

"Shit, you don't think something has happened to grandma?"

I ran towards my house followed by Ian and Lip, the door of my house opened and two officers walked down the steps.

"Officers stop, my granddaughter hasn't done anything." Grandma called after them and Grace appeared at the door with a worried look on her face.

I stood at the gate wondering what was going on, the two officers opened the gate and pulled out handcuffs.

"Bethany Carter, we are arresting you on suspicion of the attempted murder of Jack Evans. You do not have to say anything but anything you do say may be taken as evidence for which you may later rely on in court." The officer stated turning me around and cuffing my hands behind my back.

"What? I've already been cleared as a suspect, I have an alibi." I defended trying to jerk away from the officer.

"Let her go, she didn't do it." Lip spoke stepping forward but the other officer stopped him.

"Step away or you will be arrested for the obstruction of justice."

"This doesn't make any sense, I've already been questioned." I pointed out as the cop holding opened the door of the police car.

"Jack Evans has come around from his coma and named you as his attacker." The cop mentioned and I scoffed, Jack really wasn't going to stop at anything.

"Well it couldn't have been Bethany because I did it." Grandma announced and the cop stopped pushing me into the back of the police car.

"Grandma what are you talking-"

"It was me, I hit that boy with my car and left him there. I did it because he tried to rape my granddaughter." Grandma continued in a serious tone, she wasn't lying.

"How did you know about Jack trying to rape me?" I asked as the officer unlocked the cuffs.

"I overheard you and Ian talking in your room one day, I felt that I failed you. I brought you and Grace here, it's all my fault." Grandma explained and I shook my head feeling tears prick at my eyes.

"Rose Carver, you're under arrest for the attempted murder of Jack Evans."

"No, stop. She did it for me, please!" I pleaded trying to get to grandma but Ian and Lip held me back.

"Beth, what's going to happen to grandma?" Grace panicked from inside the gate, I kneeled down and held my arms open towards her.

"Shh, it's going to be okay." I tried to reassure Grace, but I knew it was going to be far from it.

"I'm sorry girls, I really am." Grandma apologised as she was put into the back of the police car.

"We will arrange a social worker to come first thing in the morning, you girls have a place you can stay tonight?" The officer questioned and I looked back at Ian and Lip with tears falling down my cheeks, they nodded their heads.

The police car pulled away and Grace struggled in my arms attempting to run after it.

"What's going to happen to us?" Grace wondered looking back at me, I wiped her tears away and gave her a fake smile.

"I'm really not sure, why don't you go with Ian and Lip across the street and I'll get some of our things." I suggested and Grace reluctantly nodded before walking off with Ian.

Lip hung back behind me placing a hand on my shoulder, I stood up and ran my hands through my hair.

"What the hell am I going to do? We don't have any other family besides Grace loves it here and would never leave Debbie. A social worker, they'll probably put into foster care and we'll get separated... Grace has some chance but who's going to want to take her and a seventeen year old." I rambled feeling more tears spring to my eyes.

"Calm down, we'll figure something out. I know Fiona would let you guys stay in a heartbeat but you know we just don't have the space or money-"

"It's okay, don't worry about it. I just need to try my best to keep me and Grace together, surely the fact that we lost mom and dad a few months ago and now with grandma most likely facing a sentence it'll work in our favour right?" I interrupted, I can't believe grandma knew about Jack attacking me all along and never confronted me about it.

"I can't believe grandma did it, she sat there and watched me get interrogated by the police knowing that she'd done it. If I didn't get that alibi and was being charged, was she going to admit what she did? This is so messed up, my grandma owns a fucking bakery she's not a criminal. She did it for me as some kind of revenge and now I might never see Grace again." I added the reality of the situation really hitting me then.

"You won't let that happen to Grace, I know it. We just need to find somewhere for you and Grace to stay for awhile." Lip replied and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Like I said, we don't have any other relatives that we can go live with and we don't know a lot of people around here." I reminded him feeling more hopeless as each minute passed.

"I think I might have someone in mind, come on." Lip urged walking off down the street, I frowned but followed him nevertheless.

I stopped short when we arrived at the Alibi, I really wasn't sure how Lip thought coming here would be a good idea.

"I'm not sure there are any sober people in here that could take me and Grace in, if you're going to suggest Frank, the answer is fuck no." I told him earning a chuckle from Lip.

"I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, I was thinking more along the lines of Kev. I'm sure he'd help you and Grace out, Fiona could convince Vee." Lip responded and I hadn't even thought about Kev and Vee.

"That would be perfect just until the social worker would be off our backs." I confirmed and Lip pushed the door to the bar open.

The stench of alcohol, smoke and urine filled my nostrils when we stepped inside. Kev was standing behind the bar with a rag on his shoulder cleaning glasses.

"Lip, Beth what are you guys doing here? I need to see some ID." Kev stated walking to the end of the bar to talk to us.

"You've served me here plenty of times without ID." Lip pointed out and Kev shot him a look and gestured for him to be quiet.

"Word on the street is there's a bar inspector headed around to all the bars in the neighborhood conducting undercover inspections, I have to follow the rules." Kev countered and Lip flashed him a random ID from his pocket.

"We're not here for drinks, Beth and Grace could really use your help. Their grandma has been arrested, she ran down that high school jock a few weeks back. The social worker is coming in the morning to find them somewhere to stay, but I was thinking maybe you and Vee could help them out for awhile." Lip stated and Kev's eyes widened.

"Your grandma Rose? No way, I didn't know she had it in her. I would love to help you two out but we've only had Ethel a little while and I don't know if that's going to be a problem or not." Kev reasoned with a pitiful look on his face.

"Kev please, you and Vee are the only people left for us to go to. We don't have any other relatives and if not me and Grace will get separated and probably end up in a foster home." I begged knowing that Kev had a past with foster homes.

"I... I don't know, I'd have to talk to Vee. You know I really want to help you, but I can't make this decision alone." Kev shot back holding his hands up in defense.

"Well try fucking harder." Lip spat in an irritated tone.

"Lip stop, Kev has a point." I warned grabbing his arm.

"Thank you for everything Kev, you've been a really good friend." I thanked him and Lip walked out before I finished.

I followed Lip outside and it had started to rain, he punched the wall of an old brick building next to the Alibi immediately wincing from the pain.

"Jesus Lip stop, you'll end up hurting yourself." I shouted walking over and grabbing his hand to look at it.

"I'm fine." Lip grumbled pulling his hand away from mine.

We locked eyes and he pushed me against the same wall he had punched and kissed me hard, his hand reached up to cup my face. I kissed him back, this kiss was different than any other of the kisses we had shared. It was almost like a goodbye kiss, so much want and need like it was the last time we'd ever see each other. I felt a tear trail down my cheek mixing with the rain, Lip pulled back brushing the tear away.

I never thought that when I moved here with Grace and grandma that I'd grow so attached to it within such a short space of time, but I also never thought that I'd lose it all within a few hours.

The End.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

3.3K 17 15
imagine of your favorite shameless characters. anyway, some might be sad.
50.9K 1K 21
Confusion was etched on his features. All I want is him. To feel his finger tips brush against my skin. The only thing that I can give him without h...
4.8K 29 14
After everyone's favourite Milkovich and Gallagher couple got married, they decided to adopt a child. It took a year for them to finally get the girl...