Collision

By Moonie607

Originally Posted on Ao3- bri607 Cover Art: RealJams Inhaling sharply, Yoongi tried to think of a plan. There... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Untitled Part 133
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Huge Announcement

Chapter 10

2.1K 146 28
By Moonie607

The words were hesitant, a little shaky, and slightly mispronounced, but they were words and that was something that caused Yoongi's lips to twitch into a genuine smile.

"Yes. Okay. Good job."

Yoongi saw the outline of the boy perk up, similar to a puppy being praised, and he nearly snorted at the mental connection he had made and decided to not tell him that.

"Je-ong-g-uk," the boy continued, choppy and slurred.

Yoongi's brow furrowed, focusing on the sounds and trying to make sense of them. "Jeong-guk?" Two taps. "Jeongguk." Another two quick taps. "Is that your name? Jeongguk?"

"Ye-s."

Surprised at the brief tendrils of relief that touched his racing thoughts, he cleared his throat to try and dislodge the anxiety that began to spark to life in the back of his mind.

The small desire to be able to see clearly itched over his skin as he watched the boy shifting on the blankets but seemed unable to stand. He remained close to the floor, dark hair and rich skin being his only telltale sign.

"Well, um," Yoongi breathes, shifting his weight from one foot to another, "are you hungry? Food is... food is good, yeah."

A snort, more human than the others before, touched his ears. "Fo-ood, yes," he garbled, still attempting his speech that was as rough as it was moments before.

But it was something.

Yoongi lingered. He wasn't sure why he was lingering by the couch, his hand still plastered amongst the cushions and staring in the general area where he saw his shape shifting and wiggling, but honestly had no clue what the kid was attempting to do. But his feet remained there, and his head was still as beaten as blender.

What was the protocol now? Dealing with the wolf, that was easy. Minimal conversation, manageable. Dealing with a human looking boy with low speaking skills? A tad harder, and enough for the sweat to make his shirt stick to his back.

"Yo-Yoongle," the boy managed out, and Yoongi startled when the boy snorted again, blankets rustling. "Yoon-gle. Yoongle."

Yoongi scowled. "The fuck? It's Yoongi not Yoongle," he corrected hastily, a little sharp.

"Yoongle," the boy tried again. Yoongi seriously couldn't tell if the kid was purposely messing up his name, or he really couldn't pronounce it correctly. Yet. "Wrong?"

"Wrong?" he repeated, head cocked to the side. "Oh, you mean, what's wrong?"

"Yes."

You're a very naked kid in my living room, I can't see you, and don't know how to talk to you which has nothing to do with your shitty speech.

"Tired," he grunted, eyes shifting to the floor and falling the trail to the kitchen. He was sure that he felt a pair of eyes following him, watching him go, and he ignored the feeling.

He set into motion the methodical way of getting three eggs from the fridge, cracking them with careful practice to not spill any out of the brightly colored duct-taped bowl, then whisking with simple flicks of his wrist using his chopsticks.

His ears pricked at every sound emitting from the living room, a perk of being mostly blind. He could hear the rustling of blankets, an unused voice that was guttural and slurred mimicking words and growling when they come out too garbled.

Switching to the pan, he poured the mixture and set to work chopping onions and tomatoes that he had found outside- after checking they actually were tomatoes and not poisonous.

He tossed them in, paying attention to the seconds that he spent cooking, his internal clock well-tuned so his food wouldn't burn.

That, and of course the smell.

Jeongguk had fallen silent within the living room, and he tried to not be unnerved from that. He knew that his peripheral vision was just as bad as his depth perception, meaning this boy could probably sneak behind him and kill him.

Min Yoongi chill the fuck out, he snapped to himself tiredly, he isn't a serial killer. He is just... an overgrown dog who looks human sometimes. No biggie.

Right. It's handled.

When the eggs were finished cooking, he put an equal amount of the eggs on two separate plates, grabbed some chopsticks, and then padded back to the living room.

Jeongguk was still in the mess of blankets, but the tan of his arm interrupted the couch, giving Yoongi the impression that he was attempting to use it, legs splayed and devoid of blankets.

A whine cut off instantly as he paused in the archway.

"Do I want to be able to see what you are doing, or should I just pretend to be completely blind to everything and just... not?" he wondered aloud, head cocked to the side.

Silence followed, and the instant desire to be able to see Jeongguk's face was bitter acid in his gut. He hated the disadvantage, not understanding the other's emotions.

Sighing, Yoongi squeezed his eyes closed and resisted the urge to pinch the bridge of his nose. Deciding to ignore it, he put the plate on the floor near Jeongguk and settled on the couch.

He heard no movement from the Lycan, and he tried to not shift uncomfortably.

"Yoongle," the boy whispered, his name sounding clearer than it had ever before. Yoongi paused in his eating but didn't really bother to look up as he hummed in acknowledgement. "How do... how do eat you... how do you eat this?"

The sentence was spoken slowly, carefully, the ends of the words trailing off into a more animalistic sound, but better than before.

"By picking it up and putting it in your mouth," he grunted coolly, and then recoiled internally at his own actions. It wasn't the boy's fault, he knew that, but there was a reason he lived alone. "Just eat, kid."

A low growl sounded. "Not a kid," Jeongguk barked firmly, and Yoongi arched a thin brow. Jeongguk huffed, the ceramic of the plate clinking. "These- chopsticks," he paused at his own poor pronunciation, "how do you use it?"

Yoongi froze. He could have facepalmed at his own stupidity. The wolf could barely talk, why in the hell would he know how to use chopsticks? He had never once attempted to eat as a human, and he wondered why he was starting now.

"Oh," Yoongi breathed, heat creeping up his neck and staining his ears. He cleared his throat, holding up his hand in the direction of the boy. "You just- you hold them like this, okay?"

Warm fingers touched his hand. Yoongi gasped, ripping his hand back in shock, the coolness of the foreign touch like an electric jolt to his system, still tingling. His plate fumbled, but he managed to save his food.

Blankets rustled, and when Yoongi peered through his white fringe he was met by Jeongguk's face merely a few feet away from his own, hands hovering awkwardly in the air.

This close, Yoongi could make out a few hazy details of the boy's face. Like the sharpness of his jawline, soft, thin pink lips speckled white from being chapped from the dry fall air.

The ink hair was still long, hanging in unruly strands in front of his eyes that blistered amber, richer than any gold he had ever seen, and so inhuman that it was almost startling. They were wide, big nose wiggling, but he couldn't define where it started and ended, couldn't pinpoint exact details of his face, and the usual frustration was a tidal wave in his gut.

"Sorry," the boy breathed quickly, a whine catching at the end of the word, "I'm sorry. I- I didn't- I didn't mean to."

Jeongguk was close enough that he could feel the hot air of his breath turn cold as it brushed over his face. His hand, now devoid of chopsticks since he dropped them at Jeongguk's touch, fisted as he pulled it against his chest.

Unsure of what to do, how to answer, how to even speak, Yoongi only nodded his head once. Shakily, he squinted to try and find his chopsticks when he saw Jeongguk's hand shift towards him. He leaned away.

Jeongguk paused. "Here. Chopsticks."

Realizing that Jeongguk had saved them, he reached out and allowed the heat of his flesh to brush over his hands as the coolness of the metal chopsticks returned to his palm.

Swallowing to dislodge the lump in his throat, he shifted his fingers to hold the chopsticks properly. Setting them down after a minute, he held out his hand.

"Hand," he ordered firmly. Jeongguk hesitated, but then his hot hand was in his, clutching his own chopsticks desperately. "Like this." Carefully, he adjusted Jeongguk's fingers, ignoring the tremor in his own, until the position felt right. "There. Now, open, and close. Pick up. Eat."

Yoongi turned away, returning to his own meal in a feeble attempt to hide himself away. Hide the uneasy pounding of his heart, the way his hands shook, and his spine remained unbearably straight. To hide the heat of his face, and the blocks of ice that made his hands.

Twitter: JamlessAnna

CuriousCat: JamlessAnna

Ao3: bri607

Cover Art: @RealJams

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

467K 21.8K 71
He could tell the Alpha was just as nervous as he was. He knew Namjoon didn't want to hurt him, but it was time, it was now and there was no turning...
385K 22.2K 64
[COMPLETED] Cover by @/nightingales- "Did it mean nothing to you, Yoongi?! Were all those afternoons we spent together just a part of your games!? Wa...
49.8K 1.3K 47
A young omega must hide his powers. Until he gets into a situation where he must use them. Will he survive? Will his mate stay? Will they finally rea...
774K 27.2K 23
I woke up feeling pain all over my body. Jungkook must have left last night after he bathed me. Just like always. Every month Jungkook will come to...