LANTERN SKIES ( xiao ) ✓

By IZANARIN

━━ XIAO X GENDER NEUTRAL!READER (FLUFF, ANGST, SLIGHT NSFW, +16) . . . an adeptus and a clueless foreigner... More

𐐒𐐚 LANTERN SKIES ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 01 : fate unforetold ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 02 : featuring familiarities ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 03 : a short story ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 04 : cross paths ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 05 : awestruck ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 06 : almond tofu ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 07 : a goner ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 08 : gratitude ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 09 : the duty ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 10 : unfolding feelings ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 11 : a single sorry ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 12 : xiao lantern ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 13 : tranquility and sincerity ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 15 : favor of feelings ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 16 : plead and plea ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 17 : surprisingly sweet ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 18 : lantern rite ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 19 : heightless hopes ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 20 : rhapsodic reminiscence ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 21 : initiative introductions ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 22 : allay of gloom ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 23 : coveted warmth ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 24 : proprietorial ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 25 : thwarted stems ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 26 : bedlam in daybreak ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 27 : no-win ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 28 : se mirer ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 29 : what will you choose? ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 30.1 : pangs of agony ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 30.2 : sweet dreams ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 31 : future unforetold ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 ENDING NOTE ˎˊ˗

𐐒𐐚 14 : saccharine moment ˎˊ˗

19.9K 899 3.4K
By IZANARIN

•| CHAPTER FOURTEEN |•

❛❛ sweet and sentimental ❜❜

"Yes, it's exactly what you think." Xiao said, sighing in the end. You quickly pulled away from him and looked at him with pure disbelief. Your jaw fell agape as to how he confirmed your suspicion towards him.

"You've gotta be kidding me!" You exclaimed, your heart beating faster compared to a dozen of horses speeding in a race.

Xiao cocked his eyebrow hearing your response, "What will I gain for deceiving a mortal I barely know of?" And from there, the shocking truth sank into you.

He was right, it's not like him to lie and you know well that he has better things to do than to fool other people in his free time.

You didn't know what to feel for his confession. Should you feel happy for he reciprocated your feelings or feel bad because the two of you are born into two separate realms on Teyvat and that will make your everyday difficult to live?

You gradually lost your cool as your mind kept on wondering what to do, and he noticed that too. Xiao kept on his slow pace of approaching you but prior to your mixed feelings you felt uneasy as the adeptus still approached you little by little.

"That's impossible, you are an adeptus and I'm just a no one but a hu-" The ebony haired put his finger on your lips to cut you off from your mindless blabbering.

Now that the gap has closed between the two of you, you found yourself sandwiched between the wooden wall and Xiao himself, preventing you to take a step further from him.

"[F/N]." Xiao broke the small pause, his voice deep and husky, tugging your hair behind your ear.

You breathed heavily as you kept on watching his actions one by one carefully.

"Look at me." He commanded and there he had you melted like a putty in his control. You glanced at the adeptus' amber eyes that showed nothing but truthfulness behind them, you can clearly see your reflection on his orbs.

"I fell in love with you, unexpectedly."

The surroundings had come to a halt once again and felt a sense of déjà vu. You can't remember exactly when he made you feel like this, but it was familiar to you.

You couldn't see anything but Xiao in the present moment, his eyes stared at you and only you.

A feeling of euphoria and excitement filled your heart to the brim, unable to notice yourself gawking over the adeptus. And not a single time had he tried doing it, Xiao leaned closer until his lips landed into yours gently.

Flames ignited and sparks were connected, the strings had been tied together. The kiss had confirmed it all- You felt the same way for the ebony haired in front of you.

Breathtaking moments don't last for long and Xiao withdrawn. He was panting a bit for air, his cheeks heavily tainted in pink tint.

You brushed your finger on your lips, the tingling feeling still attached for some reason. You couldn't forget how it exactly felt.

"Why did you-" You looked back on the adeptus and saw his back facing you instead. "Hey." You nudged his shoulder.

"Xiao!" you called for him several times and he still hasn't faced you after the incident.

"So bold of you to tell me earlier to look at you yet you couldn't even do the same when I'm the one who's commanding you?" Crossing your arms on your chest, you stood firm.

Much to your relief, Xiao finally faced you, his eyes were heavy lidded and lips pursed together.

A sudden loud laughter bursted out of you that bounced off of the pantry's walls and held on your stomach feeling pain for laughing too much for a while.

"Don't you dare guffaw at me!" Xiao exclaimed and clenched his fists, his eyes piercing daggers at your shaking figure in a millisecond.

"What are you gonna do? Kill me?" Smiling smugly at the adeptus, you still couldn't get over how he acted after what he did. You never even thought once that Xiao gets embarrassed.

"Actually, just continue on snickering like that. I still have a lot to do." He said that immediately stopped you from your boisterous laughing.

"You're going to leave me just like that?" You asked and tugged on his clothes. He hummed only in response and turned away from you.

You sighed, moments so good like earlier really don't last.

"However," He paused.

"I will accompany you back to your room." He continued and your grip on his clothing loosened. "Thanks." You muttered and Xiao only climbed the stairs with uttering no words left.

˖ ਏਓ ˖

A flight of steps later, here you are now facing the door in your room, slightly opposed to the idea of Xiao leaving you suddenly after doing all sorts of things that made your mind go jelly.

"Wait, what about the mess I made a while ago?" You brought up and Xiao as well, remembered it just now.

"I'll handle it once I leave." He answered.

"A-alright. Stay safe! I guess.."

"You too." The adeptus said and disappeared into the air, leaving teal glints of dust behind.

You shook your head, it's no use being negative in this day, you said to yourself.

Inserting the key into the hole of the doorknob, you turned it sideways and the room was then unlocked. You entered and closed the door behind you.

You laid down on your bed, reminiscing the saccharine moment you and Xiao shared.

Whilst Xiao basked in the moonlight by the balcony of the Inn, closing his eyes and remembered the feeling when he pulled you so close to him. 

˖ ਏਓ ˖

A/Q: What's your favorite place to
visit in Genshin Impact?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.3K 3K 9
Driftwood // pieces of wood which are floating on the sea or have been washed ashore. After being found in the shallow waters of Dihua Marsh you were...
140K 5.3K 33
-------❁ ❁ ❁------- If i get a chance to meet you again, this time I will tell how much I love you. So please, I miss you so much y/n. -------❁...
79.3K 3.8K 34
❝ Is this another bitter herb you're forcing me to eat, you mortal? ❞ ❝ No, little Xiao, it is simply a pretty flower. ❞ ⤷ 𝘟𝘪𝘢𝘰 𝘹 𝘨/𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥...
230K 6K 46
This is a Reader X Xiao book Reader is gender-neutral! ~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~ Y/n was held captive for years before stumbling upon a boy who was forced into their...