My Guardian Angel

By FediaHarrath

I opened my eyes only to be engulfed with darkness. It was everywhere... Around me and even in my memory. I... More

Chapter 1 : First Day At School.

Prologue

312 12 11
By FediaHarrath

I have never considered moving from the town that I was born and raised in, not that I loved it to be honest just that the thought have never crossed my mind.

Leaving, Wow what an awful word, it holds a lot of sorrow and hurt, most people hates it, because it is one thing that no one wants it to happen to them, having someone leave you when it's probably the hardest time you're going through and the most time you need them.

Some other people would think that they have had enough of the miserable life they were living and that it's not where they belong anymore, so they would just leave to go on a journey to find themselves.

Well for me, I'm none of these two types of people, I'm just a normal high-school girl, at the age of 17 (18), quite young to actually be experiencing any of these situations. I just had to leave my hometown not to follow a dream or something that important to me but because of my mom's work. We had to move to the city.

She is a doctor at the main hospital, which lies in the heart of the city, whereas we actually lived at the outskirts of the big city which obliged her to make long trips everyday really early on the morning to make it there on time. And sometimes when she had a shift late at night she would call me and tell me she'll be late, but I know that she won't be coming anytime soon for the night because she won't have the enough time to go back to work next morning, the thing that made her stay at work for the night.

She had spent the last couple years working hard to cover up the house's needs and provide me with everything that I could possibly ask for and never leave me thinking that others of my own age had things I didn't. And I'm thankful for all the effort that she's making just to make sure I was satisfied. Ever since my dad's death she had the heavy weight of the responsibility thrown on her shoulders, for her to carry it by herself.

I've seen her struggle between the work and the house,

"Mom, why don't you look for a smaller and closer house so you won't be exhausted from the long trip you make everyday" I have said softly to her as she lied down on her bed asking for some rest to take over her drained body. We owned a quite huge house considering it's only the two of us who's living in here. I was okay with moving, it's for the best because if we had a house close to the hospital where mom works at, she will be less tired and will have more time to rest. But the thing that was stoping her is my school. She thinks that it would be hard for me to go to a new school and leave my friends. She saw how affected I was when my childhood best friend left the state to be back to her dad's home in Spain. Maria was my best and only friend. I had spent everyday of my previous life with her, when she left mom told me that I will still be in-touch with her and that I will make other friends, but it wasn't that easy, ever since Maria left I haven't met any new friends, no one understood me the way she did, so I decided to stay in my own world and I have belt up walls to protect myself from the outside danger of strangers and that I wouldn't care about the change of schools and places.

Basically, it seems that my mom have taken my suggestion in consideration because now we're moving to the city. Closer to her work, also she said that my new school is only 10 minutes walk from the new house, so that seems better considering that my old school was 15 minutes drive on the school bus.

~~After One Hour Drive ~~

I am being woken up by the soft angelic voice of my mom

" Sweetheart, wake up, "

I managed to slowly open my heavy eyelids, as I felt my mom's gentle touch on my shoulder, to be faced with her beautiful features before me, her sea blue eyes staring at me and you can see the love they carried, a worm smile made its way across her face that just made a smile of my own to appear on my sleepy face

" We're here cupcake, so lets get all the luggage inside our new apartment" My smile widened at the mention of the nickname she had for me ever since I was 3 years old. I remember being obsessed with the cupcakes she baked for me back then and whenever dhe says I'm sweet I would argue and say "No! Cupcakes are sweet!" her answer was always " You're my sweetest Cupcake"

I stretched out my legs in the space in front of the passenger seat as my hands flew up in the air almost touching the roof of the car. I jumped out of the passenger seat and caught up to my mum at the back of the car and took two suitcases in each hand dragging them behind me as my mom dragged one and slung the huge bag over her shoulder after shutting the trunk door close and catching up to me who was waiting for her at the five-step stairs that leads to the entry door of the huge building that contains numerous apartments, one of them is ours. My mom went past me and straight to the elevator as I trailed after her and absentmindedly gawking at my surroundings.

I felt out of place but I had to get used to it, one day I will get familiar with it all

"Ouch!"

My train of thoughts was cut short as I bumped into something hard, really hard that caused me to lose my balance and almost hit the floor if it wasn't for someone's quickness that had one hand fisted on my forearm and the other wrapped around my waist and pull me up at the perfect moment. I opened my eyes to be met with the most beautiful pair of sparkling grey eyes piercing through the shade of baby-blue eyes of mine. I didn't know I was holding into this grey-eyed person until I felt my grip loosen up from the tight hold on the T-shirt of the beautifully-eyed stranger. I felt his back muscles tense up under my touch as he backed his face; that were only mere inches away from mine; to closely examine my face, while I couldn't take off my eyes from his. Those grey eyes were so intimidating, held so much intensity. The were mysterious, so mysterious that I wanted to discover their secret and salve their mystery.

My eyes darted down to look at his full face only to be met with a smirk that made the corner of his pink lips to twitch upwards that it reached his already stunning eyes and made them brighter

" Careful Rosa " he said while helping me stand on my feet again. I needed few seconds for his words to sink in, and when they did, I FROSE. I was looking at him like he was growing another head. He called me by the same name Maria used to call me. She was half Spanish and "Rose" in Spanish was pronounced "Rosa". She preferred calling me that rather than my actual name; Rose or Rosemary as my grandmother always called me. I was actually shocked how did he know my name let alone the nickname my best friend used to call me.

The confusion must be clearly written all over my face and it seemed to only add to his smirk as it turned to a knowing smile " Nice necklace" he pointed to the one I was wearing and only then I remembered the necklace Maria gave to me at the airport the day she was leaving, it had my name written in a very neat and clear letters. My hand flew directly and unconsciously to my neck to touch it as the stranger gave me one oddly attractive half smile and I couldn't help but weirdly gawk at his handsome face. Those dimples that pierced in both of his cheeks when he smirked or smiled, the sparkles that shined and made his grey eyes dance in glory, his hair was as dark as the winter's nights which made his white milky skin glow like a moon engraved in the dark of the night.

"Rose? You're coming or you'll catch up? At the fourth flour, huh?" my mom's amused voice sounded from across the area. My lips parted to answer but nothing got out as my eyes were locked with those intense grey eyes and couldn't look away.

He looked over his shoulders and at my mom who was standing near by the elevator with a quick glance and back to look at me with a full grin " Take care Rosa " and with he left as I stood there immobilised.

"Rose?" My mom spoke again, this time from inside the open-doored elevator.

I blinked quickly and slightly shook my head to clear my thoughts as I dragged the suitcases behind me to catch up with my mom.

~Ding!~

I heard that sound that signalled we arrived at our floor. I darted my gaze to the doors as they splitted open to let us out. My mom was first to make the move and I followed behind her. There was two large brown wooden doors across from each other. My mom stopped in front of one of the wooden doors. I felt excited, our new home is only step away, only this door is separating us and hiding it from view. As my mom was looking for the key to open the door my eyes and mind darted to the other door behind me. Was there people living across from us? I wonder whom are our new neighbours and how are they like?

My mom entered the house first and I followed after her. Letting all the luggage to set aside I examined the newly-furnished apartment. Before me was the living-room, couple of fancy black leather couches with a nice large glass table in the middle. Also I can't forget my good friend of a TV. To my right was a nice kitchen,it was an American style which meat that it was exposed to the living-room and not separated from it only by a quite nice island where would the fruit basket and the keys' dish be. To my left was a table for four, it was supposed to be as a dining-room but since mom and I wouldn't meet at the breakfast and most likely dinner I would probably be eating at the kitchen island sitting on one of the kitchen stools. At the end of the living-room there's a corridor that leads to the bedrooms. There was three actually, one for me and one for my mom and a spare room ( for guests ). Each room had a connected bathroom so basically this is the best thing. I liked having my own shower to organise and use however and whenever I wanted and needed.

My mom excused herself to go off to her room and take a rest, it must be so exhausting to drive for hours and add to that all the packing before it.

I went to finally greet my room. Last time I've been here, it all was only four walls but that was when we first took a look at the apartment but now it's all perfect.

My room was just simple containing a bed desk and a huge closet, ugh speaking of which, it will take me a lot to unpack all my belongings and I'm so tired. I looked at my bed, took a deep breath and collided face-first on the soft mattress. I spun on my back and stared at my surroundings. This simple room won't be simple anymore. Just as I settle down everything else I will decorate it the way I like to make it more alive.

My body felt sore and exhausted an even though I slept during the ride, sleeping in the car isn't as comfortable as this bed and soft pillow. Breathing in once more, I looked at the ceiling and wished for better things to happen in my life, and silently pleaded that this would be my fresh start. Tomorrow was going to be big day for me. It's first say at school all over again, but this time it's not the same. It's not the beginning of the school year as we're half way through it. Also, it's clearly not the same it's all new for that matter; new school, new teachers, new mates, new people . As exciting this may sound, it's pretty nerve-wracking so I took this as my cue to escape from fear and throw myself in the embrace of the safety of sleep as I wouldn't care for anything at all. I closed my eyes and fell to a dreamless sleep as I gave my body the chance to rest.

______________________________________________________________

Hi ! 😄

This is going to be my first story here on Wattpad ! It's dedicated to the one and only who inspired me with it @shortcake1D so much love for you 😘😘

To be honest it came first as a homework for my English class, but Iguess I have so much to tell for a short sroy .

This is the prologue and I'll be posting the first chapter- HOPEFULLY- soon

bye xoxo !!

Continue Reading