Reality Ever After

By ScribbledVisions

Join in to witness Manik and Nandini strive through the challenges thrown by life. It's all about them growin... More

Copyright ©
Part 1. Our Journey
Part 2. Our Worlds Entwining
Part 3. Let me Protect You
Part 4. I'll Hold You Till the End of Time
Part 5. Mockery Malfunctioned
Part 6. Late Night Phenomenon
Part 7. Pent-Up Emotional Outburst
Part 8. I'll Be There For You
Part 9. Coffee Chronicles
Part 10. Lovers' Quarrel
Part 11. Make-up Kisses and Conversations
Part 12. The Note is Too Low
Part 13. You Before Me
Part 14. D-Day Jitters
Part 15. Relationship Analytics
Part 16. A Cinderella Moment
Part 17. The Adregenic Concert
Part 18. Head over Heels
Part 19. Plan B
Part 20. This Ain't a Fairy Tale
Part 21. A Two-Way Street?
Part 22. Pieces of a Puzzle
Looking for Inspiration
Part 23. Unknown Aptitude
Part 24. Awkward Huddle
Part 25. Girl Talk
Part 26. Physics & Pa
Part 27. A Tangled Mess
Part 28. Mad At (About) You
Part 29. Lean on me
Part 30. Happy Realization
Part 31. Home
Part 32. Bills and Birth Control
Part 33. Contraversies and Conclusions
Part 34. Insecurities At Play
Part 35. Bickering Travellers
Part 36. Tipsy Tales
Part 37. Travel Diaries
Part 38. The Battle of Betrayal
Part 39. My Pillar of Strength
Part 41. A Long Day's Night
Part 42. Impulsive Decisions
Part 43. The First Compromise
Part 44. Friend or Follower?
Part 45. Solace in your Arms
Part 46. Denial & Acceptance
Part 47. Pride & Protectiveness
Part 48. Finding Family
Part 49. A Blessing in Disguise
Part 50. You Inspire Me
Part 51. A Born Leader
Part 52. Envy, Guilt & Fury
Part 53. Shattered But Stronger
Part 54. The Price of Privilege
Part 55. Struggle to Success
Part 56. A Peek into the Future
Decode the cover
Part 57. Diverging Thoughts
Part 58. Baby Steps
Part 59. Rejection
Part 60. Just Another Bad Day
Part 61. Wants and Needs
Part 62. Helpless Turmoil
Part 63. Seize & Surrender
Part 64. Bare My Soul
Chapter 65. Forever Rose
Note
The MaNan Movie - Such a Sham!
Part 66. Ground Rules
Chapter 67: Pawn in the Game
Part 68. Life is a Lie
Part 69. Numb
Part 70. House of Cards
Part 71. My Anchor in the Storm
Note
Part 72. A Web of Love
Part 73. The Battle of the Mind
KYY Season 4 - Penny for your Thoughts?
Part 74. Letting Go
Part 75. One Last Time
Part 76 - The Beauty of Their Dreams

Part 40. Crime Master Gogo

5.7K 647 465
By ScribbledVisions

Hey guys,

I realised a lot of you don't know who Crime Master Gogo is. He is a funny character from the movie Andaaz apna apna (a classic from Bollywood). He thought himself as a gangster and a thief but was very stupid and never succeeded (like Harshad) and was full of pointless and stupid drama (like Navya). Hence, Manik thought their baby would be like Crime Master Gogo.

You can see all the Crime master Gogo scenes here although I recommend all of you watch the movie. It's hilarious!

———————————————————————

Manik and Nandini, both had finished the movie and the truth to be told, Nandini really liked it. She then went in to get changed for the night and came out wearing her shorts and Manik's old white shirt, her favourite.

Manik - God knows what you like this shirt so much? It's so old. I would've thrown it away a long time ago if you didn't like it so much.

Nandini - I really like the fabric. It's very comfy.

Manik - Hmmm. Do you want to eat some dessert?

Nandini - Yes. Call for those chocolate chip brownies we had tried the other day.

Manik - Okay.

Manik ordered some brownies for them to munch on on the delivery app and kept his phone away.

Manik - So. Did you like the movie?

Nandini - Haan. It was amazing. That whole last fight was like an adrenaline rush. Especially when all of them were fighting together.

Manik - Hai na? I also love that scene. They've made it point to show that in every climax of these Avengers movies. I think everyone likes that.

Nandini - Haan. That's the whole point na.

Manik - So which Avenger do you like the best?

Nandini - Captain America. He's super hot.

Manik - Aur thoda instant reaction dena tha na. Why did you only wait for 0.01 second?

He made a face at how quickly Nandini answered that feeling a little jealous of Captain America but Nandini laughed at his reaction.

Nandini - But I also like Iron Man. He's got this whole 'bad boy' personality.

Manik - Matlab?

Nandini - Meaning he's the rich spoilt billionaire but he's very smart and intelligent at the same time and he basically cares about the world but doesn't show it. Girls dig such personalities. We find such men very hot.

Manik - Ek hi movie mein tumne uska poora character dissect kar diya?

Nandini - Haan. And I think Chris Hemsworth is also very hot. See, I like so many of them. I can't decide which one I like the best.

Manik - Galti kar di tumhe movie dikha kar. You're drooling over three other men and that too in front of your boyfriend.

Nandini started laughing at his cute jealous boyfriend, envying all fictional characters.

Nandini - But you know, I can now understand why you like the Avengers so much?

Manik - Why?

Nandini - Because you have a few qualities like each of them.

Manik - What? Are you mad?

Nandini - Of course. You're a little like Captain America because he's a leader and so are you. And a very good one at that.

Manik - Hmmm. Okay...

Nandini - Then; you're also a little like Iron Man because of the same image he has. You pretend like you're a rich spoilt brat but you're a softie on the inside.

Manik rolled his eyes at that. Not wanting to accept it.

Nandini - And then obviously 'The Hulk' because you're also so big and also, the uncontrollable gussa. You cannot deny that.

Manik - Okay. But just the gussa. Otherwise I'm nothing like the Hulk. And I'm not so big. You're the one who's so tiny.

Nandini - Ehh. Don't make fun of my height.

Manik - Why? You just called me big. So I'll call you small. And now that I think of it, you're also a little like the Hulk.

Nandini - Main aur The Hulk? What bullshit Manik. There's no connection.

Manik - Of course there is. He's also a scientist who has all that intense knowledge about gamma radiation and all that physics. He's also a nerd who is exactly like you.

Nandini - So you're saying that 'The Hulk' is a mix of both of us. Gussa + Science.

Manik - Yes. You know what. Our kids will be like 'The Hulk'.

Nandini - What? No ways. Mere bacche bilkul bhi Hulk jaise nahi honge. You have to decide to pass them some other quality of yours. You absolutely cannot pass on your Hulk-wala gussa.

Manik - Why don't you ensure they don't become nerds instead?

Nandini - Listen Manik. I'm telling you. Tumhara yeh gussa mere bacchon mein bilkul bhi nahi aayega.

Manik - Ab toh they're going to be tiny little Hulks only.

Nandini - Manik. no...

Manik - Yes.

Nandini - Okay. Just think, if you pass on your other qualities to our children, then our children can even be Iron Man. Because even Iron Man was a science geek.

Manik - No. I want Hulk babies. You should be prepared to have green babies. Because the gussa is an integral part of me.

Nandini - We will see.

Manik -Yes we will. But forget our kids. They're going to come after 10 years. That Navya's baby will come anytime soon.

Nandini - I know right. I can't believe it. We'll have a baby around us.

Manik - That baby is going to one item. Madhubala and Harshad ka baby. He's going to be like... like... Crime Master Gogo.

Nandini - What rubbish Manik. It'll be such a cute baby. Aur tum na... aajkal bohot TV dekh rahe ho. Stop watching so much crap.

Manik - You wait and watch. I'm telling you that baby is going to be an antique.

Just then, the doorbell rang.

Nandini - It must be our dessert. Go and get it na.

Manik - The butlers will get it.

Nandini - Manik, it's almost 1. Woh log so gaye honge. Just go.

Manik - Tch.. Nandini yaar..

Nandini - Manik.. Go..

Manik went down to open the door and receive the parcel but he was shocked to see Cabir and Mukti at his doorstep instead.

Mukti - Hey Manik.

Cabir - Kaisa hai yaar. Tujhe kitne din se phone kar rahe hai tu answer hi nahi kar raha hai.

Mukti - Aur college bhi nahi aa raha hai. Hum do-teen baar tujhse milne bhi aaye the but tu ghar pe nahi tha. Aur abhi abhi humne Nandini ki story dekhi toh pata chala tu ghar pe hai. Toh hum aa gaye.

Manik - What do you want guys? Agar koi kaam nahi hai toh you both can leave. Nandini is waiting for me.

Mukti - Manik yaar. Aise kyu baat kar raha hai. Talk to us yaar. We have come to say sorry. You're getting us wrong. Humaara koi intention nahi tha to betray you.

Cabir - Haan yaar. We genuinely didn't think that meeting was going to get us anywhere. Aur uske baad sab kuch itna jaldi mein hua that we didn't realise it only.

Mukti - Seriously Manik. I swear. Hum sach bol rahe hai.

Cabir - Aur humein genuinely kuch fishy nahi laga deal mein. And I get that we can be wrong. Aur ab humein samaj aa raha hai about why we always let you do all the talking with these guys. Yeh humaare bass ki baat hi nahi hai. And I swear, we will always let you do this in the future too.

Manik - There's not going to be a next time. And are you all done here? Please leave.

Mukti - Manik. Please. We're saying sorry. Tere bina koi FAB5 nahi hai. I'm really sorry. We are very sorry.

Nandini, on the other hand, was wondering what was taking Manik so long. She finally decided to go check herself. She went out of the room calling out to him.

Nandini - Manik... What is taking you so long? Where are y....

Just then, she saw Cabir and Mukti there. All of them felt a little awkward. Cabir and Mukti wanted to have a discussion with Manik alone but they also knew they couldn't ask Nandini to leave. However, Nandini looked at Manik once to see if he was okay. Manik knew what she was asking and blinked at her indicating he was fine. Once she was convinced, she decided to let them deal with their matters within themselves and excused herself without saying anything.

Cabir noted the small interaction between the two of them and smiled. These two were literally like aliens. He still couldn't fathom how these two understood each other without words. It was almost like their minds were interlinked. However, right now, he needed to focus on getting Manik back to FAB5. Losing Manik as a friend was not an option.

Cabir - Manik. Seriously yaar. We didn't mean to betray you. You have to believe us.

Mukti - Haan yaar. Mujhe toh ussi din pata chala that we got a meeting and we had to rush.

Cabir - Please Manik. Trust us.

Manik - Fine. Even if I believe both of you, are you saying Dhruv and Alya also have the same story? Why aren't they trying to explain anything?

Cabir - Pata nahi yaar. Woh dono alag hi trip pe hai.

Manik - Yeah. That's exactly what I'm trying to tell you. Hum sab mein woh trust aur woh friendship rahi hi nahi hai. They don't trust me and my intentions on the fact that I want the best for FAB5 and to be honest, after this stunt they pulled, I don't trust them either.

Cabir - Manik, you're taking it too far. Ek baar sab saath mein baith ke baat kar lete hai. I'm sure sab theek ho jayega. Hum loh bachpan ke dost hai. I'm sure we'll be able to figure this out.

Manik - Why should I? Sab saath mein baith kar kya discuss karenge? I have to again see all of you put the blame on Nandini? Like every single time? I mean she has gotten nothing to do with any of this. But every single fucking time, tum logon mein se koi na koi Nandini ko blame karta hai?

Cabir - Dekh Manik. You know I have always supported Nandini and you. Even before anyone knew or even before you were sure. So you know I don't have anything against Nandini. Aur rahi baat Mukti ki, toh Nandini and Mukti also have resolved whatever happened a few days ago.

Manik - Yeah. But you heard Alya and Dhruv right? They both always blame her and me for everything. I mean just because we are in a relationship and I give some of my time and attention to my girlfriend, which by the way is not enough compared to what she deserves, the two of them start this whole ruckus. And just because Nandini doesn't say anything and supports us throughout, they continue to blame her. And me, am I not entitled to any personal happiness? Do I only have to think about FAB5 before myself all the time? In fact, even if I do that, Dhruv ko lagta hai ki main usse suffocate karta hoon. Jab maine usse apne haal pe chod diya hai toh he's saying I don't care. Har situation mein mujhe hi blame karna hai toh none of this is going to work.

Cabir - But iss sab mein Mukti aur meri kya galti hai? Hum dono ne toh humesha se tum dono ko support kiya hai. We have always been there for you. Then why are we paying the price because of this whole fight between Dhruv, Alya and you? Humaara FAB5 nahi hai kya? Don't we deserve the album? You know Mukti is going through a tough time after Abhimanyu. Navya is about to deliver a baby anytime now. Navya and I get paid Rs. 15000 each per month from our RJ jobs. Itne paise mein hum ek bacche ko kaise paalenge? We haven't made any progress on the adoption yet. Tab tak humein yeh baby ko support karna padega na? Aur tum teeno apne hi problems pe focus kar rahe ho?

When Cabir put things this way, he realised that maybe was being a little selfish too. He knew Cabir is facing financial troubles because of Navya and the baby coming too. Just because he didn't talk about his problems out loud didn't mean he didn't have any. And about Mukti, he already knew how much she was suffering trying to cope with life without Abhimanyu. Cabir realised that he had lost his cool in all the ruckus. He took a deep breath trying to calm himself down and then continued.

Cabir - Dekh Manik. I am not saying ki tu galat hai. Tu apni jagah bilkul right hai. But FAB5 chodkar, apne app ko aise lock kar ke, kisi se baat nahi karke, aise toh koi solution nahi niklega na? You have to sit down and discuss your differences.

Manik - But Cabir, don't you get it? They both just don't want to discuss anything. And It's not like I haven't tried. But unki har baat Nandini par ya phir meri aur Nandini ke relationship pe aakar ruk jaati hai.

Mukti - Toh phir tu soch na about why are they doing this? Tujhe bhi pata hai that it's not because of anything that Nandini did. Somewhere deep down, you also know that Dhruv aur Alya aise kyu behave kar rahe hai. Alya and you have a long history Manik. And yeah, she may have moved on but somewhere she is still jealous because you were not half the boyfriend to her as compared to what you are to Nandini. You lay your life on Nandini's feet but you never did it for Alya despite being with her for 7 years. And don't get me wrong, it's okay if you did this. You can't force your feelings for anyone but tu uske point of view se bhi soch na.

Cabir - Aur Dhruv is a unique case altogether. Usko already apne attacks ke wajah se inferior feel hota tha. And then that feeling got magnified when Nandini dumped him because she was in love with you. Aur phir Alya ke saath jo alag hi chutyaap hua added to his inferiority complex. Dhruv ko iss waqt khud nahi pata woh kya kar raha hai. He's trying to prove to himself that he's as good as you. That's why he went and spoke to Paramount about that deal. Kyuki usko lagta hogi ki agar Manik can negotiate a good deal so why not me.

Manik - Toh tum logon ko bhi yehi lagta hai that it's my fault.

Cabir - Manik yaar. Tu samajh kyu nahi raha hai. Main yeh keh raha hoon ki tu apne point of view se sahi hai. Dhruv and Alya have no right to drag Nandini or your relationship in between the FAB5 mess. But at the sametime, they are being driven by their own insecurities and their own demons. And the bottomline remains that nobody wanted to betray you or go behind your back. Hum mein se kisi ka bhi aisa intention nahi tha.

Manik - Accha. Insecurities kya sirf woh dono ko hai kya? What about me?

However, before he could say another word, Nandini came down running.

Nandini - Guys, sorry but this will have to continue some other time. Navya is in labour. We have to rush her to the hospital and she's alone at home right now.

Cabir - Shit.

He checked his phone and looked at 5 missed calls from Navya which he didn't realise during his conversation with Manik.

Nandini - Manik, here's your phone, wallet and your car keys. Let's go.

Mukti - Mere paas bike hai.

Manik - Mukti, tu hospital pohoch and inform them we're coming. Cabir, tu chal mere saath.

Manik, Cabir and Nandini rushed to Cabir's house to get Navya whereas Mukti went to the hospital. When she was about to start her bike, she received a call from Alya so she informed her about Navya's labour pains and asked her to come to the hospital as well.

The three of them picked Navya and rushed to City Hospital as soon as they could. Finally, Navya was now in the safe hands of the doctor and they could do nothing but wait now. Nandini was with Navya in the room where the doctor was checking on how far she was to deliver.

Dhruv and Alya too joined them in the waiting room. Alya thought it was important to be there for this because it was after all Harshad's baby and she felt responsible to at least be there for Naya at a time like this and Dhruv had decided to give her a ride since it was quite late at night. However, when all of FAB5 again came face to face with each other after the last argument, the air around them got awkward. Especially between Manik, Alya and Dhruv. But no one initiated a conversation with the other.

After about 15 mins, Alya couldn't hold it anymore and she went to Mukti, dragged her to a corner to speak with her.

Alya - What is Manik doing here?

Mukti - What do you mean by what is he doing here?

Alya - Oh yeah. How could I forget? Must've come with Nandini.

Mukti - Oh please Alya. Give it a break. Manik and Nandini helped us get Navya to the hospital. We were trying to speak to him when we found out about Navya.

Alya - So did you tell him already?

Mukti - Nahi. We couldn't get to that. We were just about to tell him when Navya called and told us she was in labour pain.

Manik - Tell me what?

Alya and Mukti were surprised when they saw Manik from behind them.

Manik - Tell me what guys?

Mukti - Woh.. Manik..

Manik - Mukti. No games and no lies. Just tell me upfront.

Alya - Paramount is not willing to seal the deal without you. And if we don't get you to sign the contract, then we need to pay them a penalty of 50 lakhs rupees.

Manik - So that's why tu aur Cabir aaye the mujhse milne?

Mukti - Manik. Tu galat samaj raha hai. We wanted to convince you and end this cold war between you and Dhruv and Alya. As far as the contract is concerned, we were going to ask you to look at it closely and check ki koi exit clause ya loophole hai ki nahi.

Alya - But Mukti, why do you want to exit the contract?

Dhruv - Haan. Let's just do it. We'll deal with all the promotion and music shit and try to convince them to do it our way.

Cabir - Dhruv, this is not the time to discuss this. Hum please baad mein discuss karein?

Manik - Cabir. I can't believe that you said so much crap to me but didn't tell me about this condition. Like seriously!

Cabir - Manik... Sunn..

Nandini had just stepped out of Navya's room to inform Cabir and everybody about Navya's condition but all of them were arguing over the Paramount contract right now. She couldn't stand this and their fights anymore. There was a time and place for everything. And right now, was neither the time nor the place to be discussing this.

Nandini - Guys. Will all of you just SHUT THE FUCK UP! Navya is inside in a great amount of pain. A pain that none of you can even imagine. And all of you only want to fight about your stupid problems and your stupid contract.

Alya - Listen Nandini. You don't need to tell us what we should or shouldn't do. You....

Nandini - Stay out of it? Yes. I really want to stay out of all of this. But all of you keep dragging me in. And right now, this isn't about me or any of you. This moment is about Navya. She is giving birth to a baby. And I don't want this baby to come out with any kind of negative energy. So if all of you can keep your problems aside for one night and be there to support Navya, then you can stay here or else all of you, get lost!

Manik - Nandini, listen...

Nandini - That includes you too Manik.

Manik shut up the very next moment. If Nandini was swearing and asking him to get out, he knew she was pissed.

Nandini - Navya is going to stay in labour for at least 8 hours more. And with time, her pain is only going to increase. We all need to be there for her and help her through this until she is taken into the delivery room. And unfortunately, we are her only family who can help her get through this. So can I count on the FAB5 to not be selfish for one night and leave their problems outside of this room? Or all of you can go home. Decide what you want to do?

All of them felt ashamed of how they were behaving and making everything about themselves.

Cabir - I'm staying.

Mukti - Me too.

Alya - I should stay too.

Dhruv - Main bhi yahin hoon. Navya is my friend too.

Nandini - Manik?

Manik - I'll... stay...

Nandini - Good. I don't want one word about FAB5 or any album deal or a contract or anything until the baby is out. Is that understood?

All - Okay.

Nandini - Let's go in and remember, your fight, or whatever is going on between all of you, you all are on a break. With that, Nandini went in to the room.

They all entered Navya's room and saw her lying on the bed with her lower body covered in a sheet. She already looked tired and worn out like she could pass out any moment.

Nandini - Hey Navya. Dekho sab hai yahaan. Ab Tumhe darne ki koi zaroorat nahi hai.

Navya - Hmmm.

They all surrounded Navya's bed with Nandini and Mukti on either side of the bed. Manik went and stood behind Nandini leaning near the window, whereas Cabir stood next to Mukti near the bed and Dhruv and Alya stood near the foot of the bed.

Just then, she got another contraction and she yelled out in pain. All of them got scared looking at her not knowing how to react. However, Cabir, as usual, decided to take over by starting to crack funny jokes to divert her from the pain.

Cabir - Navya. Kitni nautanki karti ho tum? Thoda bohot dard ho raha hai aur itna chilla rahi ho.

Navya - Cabir ke bacche. Tumse toh kuch na ho paayega. Kabhi bacha paida karke dekho. Tumhari par-nani yaad aa jayegi.

Cabir - Oh please. Mard ko dard nahi hota!

Just then, Mukti came forward and hit him between his legs and Cabir yelled out in pain.

Cabir - Oww. Mukti.

Mukti - Ab hua mard ko dard?

Everyone started laughing at that.

Cabir - Mukti, tu toh meri dost hai. I can't believe you did this to me.

Mukti - Teri dost se pehle main ek ladki hoon. Aur itna kyu ro raha hai? Itni zor se nahi maara maine.

Cabir - Thoda drama toh banta hai na. I have to compete with this Madhubala.

Alya - You're impossible Cabir.

Cabir - I know. But you know guys; I'm glad this baby is finally coming out. Main Navya ke tantrums se pak chuka tha. Pata hai, raat ko laat maar kar uthati thi. Like imagine, I'm having such nice dreams about my dream man and then, suddenly, yeh mujhe laat maarti hai aur bolti hai, mujhe ice cream chahiye, mujhe paani poori chahiye, mujhe chocolate chahiye. Ab at least yeh tantrums toh nahi honge.

Navya - Jaise ki tum humaare liye har cheez lekar aate the. Pani poori mangte the toh humein jaljeera deta tha.

Cabir - Toh aadhi raat ko paani poori kahaan se lekar aaun?

Manik - Bahaane mat maar Cabir. If you really wanted to, you could have got it.

Cabir - Oh. Humein maaf kar dijiye. Hum Manik Malhotra nahi hai. Humne aapke jaise kasam nahi khayi hai ki Navya ki har wish poori karein jaise tu Nandini ki har wish poori karta hai.

Manik - Whatever!

Cabir - Tujhe pata hai. All the guys in college hate you. Pooch kyu?

Manik - Kyu?

Cabir - Kyuki tune boyfriends ke standards itne high kar diye hai that no one can match up to them.

Manik - Tu kitni bakwaas karta hai na?

Cabir - What? I'm serious. Tune aur Shahrukh Khan ne sab ka dimaag kharaab karke rakha hai. Kisi aur se koi ladki pat-ti hi nahi hai. Sab bolte hai ki agar boyfriend Shahrukh Khan ya Manik Malhotra jaisa hona chahiye warna hum single hi acche hai.

Nandini - Unfortunately, both are taken. At least Manik Malhotra is definitely taken.

Manik, who was standing behind Nandini leaning on the wall, smiled at her response. He liked it when she got possessive of him. He lightly pulled onto her shirt trying to gain her attention and then pulled a couple of more times asking her to lean towards him.

Mukti - Tu kitni bakwaas karta hai na? Waise ek baat bata, tujhe ladkiyan patane ke funde mein itna interest kyu hai? Shouldn't you be hitting on boys?

Dhruv - Yeh koi boy pe hit kare usse pehle saare boys isse hit karne lagte hai.

Cabir - Dhruv yaar. Ego hurt mat kar.

Alya - Cabir, I think you need a makeover. You'll attract more boys then.

Navya - Alya, sirf kapadon ka makeover nahi, isse poore dimaag ka makeover chahiye.

While all of them got busy in their own conversation, Nandini stepped a little away from Navya's bed and was standing slightly leaning on Manik's chest while he was whispering softly into her ear.

Manik - Are you still mad at me?

Nandini - No. When was I mad at you?

Manik - Bahar. You said 'fuck'. And I know you don't swear unless you're very angry.

Nandini - I was a little angry then because all of you started discussing your album again but I yelled because I didn't want you all to fight when all of us needed to be there for Navya. Anyway, tum theek ho? Cabir aur Mukti ne ghar pe kuch bola?

Manik - Hmm. It's a long story. I'll tell you when we go home.

Nandini - Okay. But tum theek ho na?

Manik - Hmm. I'm fine. For now.

Cabir then noticed Manik and Nandini standing very close to each other and talking to each other softly.

Cabir - Dekho. Mauka mila nahi aur yeh love birds ki gutargoo phirse chalu ho gayi.

Manik - Cabir. I swear I will murder you someday.

Cabir - Waise Navya, tumhare bacche ko friends milne mein zyaada time nahi lagega. Manik aur Nandini line mein already khade hai. And I think they're already working on it.

Manik rolled his eyes. He was so fed up of Cabir's nonsense by now that he didn't even bother to respond.

Mukti - Waise Cabir. You're right. Nandini, I like your shirt. It looks damn good on you.

Nandini was hoping no one noticed. And if they did, she hoped no one brought it up. But of course, that was too much to ask.

Nandini - Tum logon ko har baar main aur Manik hi milte hai kya?

Although Nandini managed to dodge their leg pulling; she was now suddenly very conscious about the way she was dressed. In a hurry to get to the hospital, she didn't realise she was in Manik's shirt and her shorts. Fortunately, the hospital was not so busy at this hour but all the staff was giving her weird looks for being dressed in a man's shirt and their friends point it out explicitly didn't help. But right now, it wasn't the time to be worried about her clothes. Navya was in labour and they needed to focus on that.

And Manik cursed Mukti under his breath for bringing this up. He knew Nandini would be uncomfortable if she wore this outside of the house. But they didn't have the time to change. And as long as she was not thinking about it, she was okay. But now that Mukti pointed it out, he knew she'd be conscious and uncomfortable and he didn't want that.

Fortunately, Nandini was saved from further teasing as the doctor walked in right then to check on Navya again and all of them were asked to leave the room. The doctor then came out and informed them that she had a few more hours to go and now, it would be wise if only the women entered to give her more privacy. Hence, all the 3 girls kept taking turns to go and stay with Navya while the boys waited outside. At one point, all of them got hungry and Manik decided to go get food for all of them. Cabir didn't want to go from the hospital, in case of any emergency and obviously, Dhruv wouldn't accompany Manik. Hence, he stepped out and drove to the nearest place he knew would be open at this time of the night. On his way back, he decided to take a small detour to his house and go pick up a pair of clothes for Nandini to change into.

When he was back at the hospital, he was informed that Navya had been taken into the delivery room for the delivery and fortunately, there were no complications. He handed everyone the food he had brought but nobody wanted to eat when they saw how much Navya was screaming in pain.

After sometime, when no one's condition was improving, Manik forced everyone to eat something as they were all hungry for a long time. Somehow, they managed to eat something and all of them calmed down.

The whole gang waited outside of the Delivery room waiting and soon all of them fell asleep one by one on the couches and the waiting chairs there leaning on one another.

After almost more than an hour, the doctor came out and saw all of them knocked out. She knew Navya was a single mother and was aware of her whole situation. But she was glad that she had friends who would help her take care of her and the baby. Navya usually came with Nandini for her check-ups and the doctor thought it would be best to wake her up to give her the good news. However, Nandini was sleeping wrapped around a tall handsome looking guy seated next to her. He had his hands around her and his head resting on hers. It would be quite awkward to wake them up. She looked around to see if she could wake anyone else but didn't know whom to approach.

Ultimately, she decided to let the kids sleep for a while and let them know later. Anyway, Navya had also fallen asleep due to exhaustion and the baby was being cleaned and put into the NICU. She was just about to walk away when she heard someone call her.

Cabir had woken up when hearing the doctor.

Cabir - Doctor, How is Navya doing? And the baby?

He almost sounded as excited as the father of the baby.

Doctor - Navya is doing well and congratulations, she's had a baby boy.

Cabir - Really. That is the best news I've heard. Thank you doctor. Can we meet Navya and the baby now?

Doctor - Navya has fallen asleep due to exhaustion of the delivery but she will be up in a couple of hours. And the baby is being cleaned up. You all can meet him soon when we put him in the Newborn Nursery.

Cabir - Thank you so much Doctor.

Cabir's excited voice woke Manik up and he had heard of the baby boy. He smiled at Cabir's child-like enthusiasm. He saw Cabir walk upto the New born nursery to see the baby and decided to follow him. He carefully detangled himself from Nandini and made her lean on the wall carefully and followed Cabir. He saw him wait outside the Newborn Nursery's viewing window and kept staring at the sleeping baby. He didn't say a word, but just kept staring at the cute little life that had just come into the world. Manik came to him and put a hand on his shoulder bringing him out of his reverie.

Cabir - Manik. Just look at him. Kitna chota hai woh. He's so tiny.

Manik - Yeah. So small.

Cabir - I can't believe it. Kal tak hum sab ko pata tha that there's going to be a baby. But... but... maine.. this.. this just feels so unreal.

Manik - I know.

Cabir - I don't know main iska khayal kaise rakhunga. Manik, yeh kitna delicate hai. I... I... don't know how I will do this.

Manik - Relax Cabir. Hum sab hai na. We'll get through this. We'll help you through this.

Cabir - No you don't get it Manik. This is another human being I have to take care of. You were right. We need to grow up. Shit just got real.

Manik smiled at the ever cool, confident and strong Cabir freaked out by the arrival of this cute little boy. It would indeed be fun to see this little Crime Master Gogo take the biggest prankster of SPACE for a ride.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 28.8K 101
hey guys....finally am back with another story...... this is gonna be truely a cute romantic and ambitious story of a 16 year old bubbly girl studyin...
68.7K 6.1K 44
A love story with lots of emotions 💓
147K 9.3K 65
"Why am I afraid to lose you knowing you are not even mine?" "I want to hate but end up falling for you every moment." "I hate myself for loving you...
19.4K 1.4K 28
In my fiction world Anuj Anupama belongs together...All worlds issue can be there but no issue in between them. They together can and will face all t...