patience, miguel diaz

By p4ulsboutique

‎ع˖⁺ ⊹ ⋆ ୭ ❪ patience ❫ hunter was never one for sports let alone karate, but what happens when karate is he... More

𝑷𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑬𝑵𝑪𝑬
act one.
o. prologue
i. the halloween dance.
ii. out with the old, in with the new.
iii. cobra kai means no mercy.
iv. cobra kai's new beginning.
v. lab partners.
vi. strike first.
vii. golf 'n stuff.
viii. junkyards and dinner.
ix. love and car fires.
x. what comes around goes around.
xi. the all valley tournament.
act two.
xii. be honest with me.
xiii. the old dude.
xiv. miyagi-do ?
xvi. valley fest
xvii. hopelessly devoted to you
xviii. the beach club
xix. the calm before the storm

xv. the robby keene story

1.9K 104 43
By p4ulsboutique

・☆: *.☽ .* :☆ 【 PATIENCE 】
»»————-act two.————-««
##CHAPTER FIFTEEN !

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

" but one of the best things has been teaching you two "

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

AFTER JOHNNY FINISHED filming his "commercial", Hunter, Miguel, and Hawk decided that they needed to have a conversation with him about Robby. Hunter was still in disbelief at the fact that Robby could be his son.

"Hey, tell that fat piece of crap Zarkarian to get the rest of his shit out of here, I got a lot of new students coming in. This isn't a storage locker anymore." Johnny said to the men moving the landlords things out of the storage in the back.

"Sensei, can we talk to you about something?" Miguel spoke up, Hawk and Hunter on either side of him.

Johnny huffed. "Look if it's about the infomercial, I know-"

"It's not about the commercial." Said, Hawk.

Hunter cleared her throat. "It's about Robby Keene." She said softly.

Johnny's face fell as he stared back at his top three students. "What about him?" He said quietly.

Miguel glanced over at Hunter and stepped forward. "I saw his picture on your refrigerator." He said. "I wasn't snooping, but..."

Miguel couldn't seem to find the words so Hunter spoke up. "Look we know he's your son, Sensei."

"That's why you got mad at us after the tournament, right?" Hawk asked, his voice was low and it sounded as if he was almost hurt.

Johnny looked at the trio dead in the eye. "Is that what you think?" He questioned.

"Um..." Miguel trailed off. Hunter sighed and looked down at her feet. Johnny could feel the tension, he didn't wanna lie to them.

"Yeah Robby's my son." He said. "But that has nothing to do with how I run my dojo. It's also none of your damn business. Do you understand?" Johnny hissed. Hunter wasn't phased by his hostility but Miguel looked like he had just gotten hit by a truck. Miguel had more of a father and son relationship with Johnny than Hunter did. To her he was just her neighbor and teacher.

"Yes, Sensei." He said softly.

"But... but Sensei, I—" Hawk started but Johnny cut him off.

"B-but nothing, get out. You three clean the mats for the rest of the week." Johnny seethed.

Hunter rolled her eyes. "You can't make us-"

"Get out." He hissed.

Hawk and Hunter both bit their tongues and bowed in front of Johnny before leaving the storage room, passing Kreese on the way out. Hunter looked up at the man with anger. "This is your fault. You know? He's only acting like this because you showed up. " She said softly.

Kreese looked down at her with a sly smile. "He just forgot his roots for a bit. Then he remembered that he learned from the best." He hummed.

Hunter just scoffed and walked away, Hawk trailing behind her.  "He should've told us." Hawk muttered.

"Shoulda, coulda, woulda. He didn't." She grumbled as she went towards her gym bag. "I just hope there's a good reason for it." She said.

Hunter sat on Miguel's couch, his arm draped around her shoulders loosely as they watched a movie. Hunter could tell that Miguel was still peeved about the whole Robby and Johnny situation and she could see why. He and Johnny had become so close under the span of only two months. He was like a father to Miguel, something he needed and it hurt Hunter to see him that way.

"Hey." Hunter said softly, placing a hand on his cheek.

"Hm?" Miguel hummed.

"Are you alright?" She questioned, her voice laced with concern.

Miguel shrugged his shoulders. "I just wish he told us, or even just me." He said softly. "It's like he didn't trust me."

Hunter frowned. "If it makes you feel any better..." she trailed off. "Growing up I never saw Robby around here ever. Maybe it was hard for Johnny too." Hunter had been thinking over it. It was true, she never saw Robby ever before the tournament. Maybe it was just as hard for Johnny as it was for Miguel, maybe even more.

Miguel looked down. "I guess you're right." He muttered. "It still sucks." He looked up at her. Hunter frowned and rubbed his cheek gently with her thumb.

"I'm just glad you're here with me though. I don't know how I'd be reacting if you weren't here." Miguel said quietly, staring into Hunters eyes.

"I really like you, Hunter." He said softly. Hunter bit her lip gently, a small grin on her lips. "I really like you too, Miguel." She whispered.

Miguel let out a soft sigh as he studied Hunters face. Her eyes were such a beautiful shade of dark brown and her lips looked so smooth... so.. kissable.

Hunter could feel her cheeks heating up, she was blushing. "What?" She said softly.

Miguel just shook his head. "You're just really pretty is all." He whispered softly, his eyes never leaving hers. Hunter could feel herself leaning in, Miguel was as well.
Their lips were inches away from each other. Hunter could feel Miguel's breathe on her lips when suddenly a knock was heard throughout the small apartment.

Miguel sighed as Hunters hand fell from his cheek, the two pulled away from each other. "S-sorry." Miguel muttered before standing up from the sofa leaving Hunter to her lonesome.

"Hey Sensei." Miguel said coldly.

Hunter stood up from her seat on the sofa and walked over to the door, standing behind Miguel innocently. "What's going on?" Asked Miguel.

"Let's go for a ride. Both of you." Johnny said softly. Miguel looked up at Johnny with a confused look before glancing back at Hunter.

"Let's go." She said softly and held out her hand for Miguel to take.

Johnny drove Hunter and Miguel to a small fast food restaurant and ordered them both a burger loaded with onions. The three hadn't really spoken yet and were left with an awkward silence.

"Good huh?" Johnny questioned the two as Hunter munched on her burger.

"Yeah." The two teens said through a mouthful of hamburger.

"The secret is the chopped onions, Sal keeps it simple. None of that veggie crap, just a hot grill and some quality Chuck." Johnny said, a small smile on his lips as he devoured his sandwich. Hunter shared a short glance with Miguel. They were still unaware as to why Johnny took them out for a meal.

Johnny sighed and looked back up at the two kids. "You see that building over there?"

"The hospital?" Miguel questioned.

"Yeah that's where Robby was born." He said softly.

Hunter looked over her shoulder at the hospital, remembering the time she fell off her bike and broke her finger.

"February 4th 2002. It was a Monday. His mom was in labor for seventeen hours."

Hunter nodded her head. "Wow." She said softly.

"That must've been crazy." Miguel muttered.

Johnny stared at the two, not taking his eyes off of them. He looked almost teary eyed. "Yeah, I'm sure it was." He muttered. "I wasn't there." Hunter felt her heart ache as Johnny tore his eyes from the two. He looked absolutely heartbroken.

"My mom had just died, I was a real mess, I never knew my father so she was all I had." He sniffed. Hunter looked down at her half eaten burger. She wasn't used to seeing a vulnerable Johnny.

"Next thing I know I'm gonna be a dad." He smiled half heartedly. "Scared the shit out of me." He said truthfully. "So instead of being up there, welcoming him into the world, I was down here soaking up the booze from a three day bender trying to get the courage to walk across the street." He explained. He seemed like he was almost gonna cry and Hunter hated seeing such a confident man crumble.

"I never got there." He said finally.

Hunter and Miguel stared up at their Sensei, they were both at a loss of words. "I failed my kid on his very first day in this world." Johnny choked. "And I've been failing him everyday since."

"Sensei this is personal stuff you don't have to tell us-"

"No... I should've told you guys a long time ago." He said, tears threatening to spill. Hunter bit her lip trying to hold back tears as she placed a hand on Johnny's for moral support. "It's one of the most painful things in my life." He let out a shaky breath.

"But one of the best things has been teaching you two." He whispered. "And I want you guys to know that no matter what happens I promise I'll always be on your side and I'll always have your best interest at heart."

Hunter and Miguel looked up at their Sensei with a small smile. "Thank you." Miguel said softly.

"Thank you, Johnny." She whispered feeling some sort of overpowering feeling. It felt nice for her to feel as if she had another father figure seeing as hers died when she was just becoming a teenager. Pete Villanueva sadly wasn't there to help her through her first relationship, but do you know who was? Johnny Lawrence.

"Alright?" He said softly.

Suddenly Miguel's phone buzzed, breaking each of them out of their trance. Miguel raised an eyebrow before looking down at his phone. "Sorry." He whispered before picking it up.

"What is it?" Johnny and Hunter both said in unison.

"It's from Aisha." Miguel muttered. "She heard that Miyagi-Do is doing some sort of demo at valley fest?" Miguel said as if it was almost a question.

"What?" Hunter scoffed, grabbing the phone from the boys hands.

Johnny sat back, his once almost rear ridden face falling back into his stern glare. "Oh they are?" He beamed.

Hunter looked up at Johnny and then back at Miguel, she already knew what was up Johnny's sleeve. "Oh no." She muttered.

"Oh yeah." Johnny hummed.

"Great." She whispered before putting her face in her hands.

ERYS SPEAKS
okay I promise they will kiss soon without an interruption. also next chapter should have a pretty major "holy shit" moment so uh stay tuned :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 1.1K 36
(Tory Nichols x Fem! Oc) • • • 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, It was unfathomable how Sierra could love someone so much. That someone being a girl from her dojo, C...
228K 7.3K 42
If only she knew how much trouble that boy would bring her. warnings: language, drinking, sexual themes (not in detail) (DISCONTINUED) COMPLETED UN...
70.6K 1.9K 75
Halley Larusso had the perfect life, amazing friends, loving family, good grades and money, what else could she ask for? Well, that's easy to answer:...
229K 8.3K 75
🥋 ❛ let's spend the night doing some virtual aerobics ❜ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ: miguel diaz convinces his new neighbour, the sweetest girl he's ever met, to join...