Hero of Resilience: Halo

By TheHinokami

Join us as we explore the story of what if Izuku Midoriya was expelled on the day of the quirk apprehension t... More

Chapter 1: Expelled?
Chapter 2: Decisions
Chapter 3: Inko Midoriya & Talk Pt 1.
Chapter 5: It's A Wild Gran Torino!
Chapter 6: Past Comes To Light
Chapter 7: Quirk Training & UA Vs Eraserhead
Chapter 8: Fourth Day of Training & Talk of Sir Nighteye
Chapter 9: Arriving at Shiketsu
Chapter 10: Dorms & Roommate!
Chapter 11: First Day!
Chapter 12: First Days are easy? No! Training Start!
Chapter 13: First Combat Training
Chapter 14: U.S.J!?
Chapter 15: Dadmight!?
Chapter 16: UA Aftermath & Decision
Chapter 17: DadMight Time & Conversations
Chapter 18: Training for the Sports Festival
Chapter 19: UA High Sports Festival
Chapter 20: Shiketsu High Sports Festival Pt 1.
Chapter 21: Shiketsu High Sports Festival Pt 2.
Chapter 22: Shiketsu High Sports Festival Pt 3.
Chapter 23: Shiketsu High Sports Festival Pt 4.
Chapter 24: Enter General Midoriya + Scolding!
Chapter 25: Hero Names & Internship Offers!
Chapter 26: Internships Start!
Chapter 27: Internship Reactions!
Chapter 28: Internship: Hosu!
Chapter 29: Stain Vs Halo!
Chapter 30: Hosu Aftermath
Chapter 31: Internship Over!
Chapter 32: Provisional License Training & OFA Control!?
Chapter 33: Provisional Exam!
Chapter 34: Peaceful Conversations
Chapter 35: Inasa & One For All
Chapter 36: Singularity Point
Chapter 37: Mall Incident
Chapter 38: I-Island! Pt 1.
Chapter 39: I-Island Pt. 2
Chapter 40: Shiketsu High School Summer Training
Chapter 41: UA Summer Training Camp
Chapter 42: Camp Aftermath & Plea
Chapter 43: Ready? Set! Talk!
Chapter 44: Ready? Set! Raid!
Chapter 45: Fighting of Titans!
Chapter 46: Media & Aftermath
Chapter 47: Halo & Eraserhead!
Chapter 48: Bakugo Household
Chapter 49: Dream & Unlocking Quirks
Chapter 50: Dorms
Chapter 51: Provisional Exams Shiketsu & UA Pt 1.
Chapter 52: Provisional Exams Shiketsu & UA Pt 2.
Chapter 53: Provisional Exams Shiketsu & UA Pt 3.
Chapter 54: Work-Studies Start & Giant!?
Chapter 55: Report and Raid Request?
Chapter 56: Prelude to Raid!
Chapter 57: Raid Meeting & Talk With Sir Nighteye
Chapter 58: Shie Hassaikai Raid!
Chapter 59: Return to Shiketsu High School & Relaxing!
Chapter 60: Changes & Hood
Chapter 61: The League's Growth!
Chapter 62: Planning For War!
Chapter 63: War!
Chapter 64: Blood & Conflict
Chapter 65: Rematch of a Giant!
Chapter 66: Lighting the sky!
Chapter 67: Battered
Chapter 68: Wounds of The Battle
Chapter 69: Conversations
Chapter 70: Past VS Present
Chapter 71: Press Conference! -END-
Author Notes & Ending Words

Chapter 4: Talk Pt. 2

24.2K 655 219
By TheHinokami

3RD POV:

As they were talking about the new school Izuku would be going for, Inko wondered how he would get in since the entrance exam has already passed and the first week of school starts the following week since they were one week behind UA for the most part. All Might nodded his head at the question and explained the hows. "I am going to call the principal of the school and pull strings. I will also bring the principal into the knowledge circle of One For All as well so Izuku has someone in authority at the school in the knowledge of the quirk so he can get help from school staff. I will ask them to place him into their 1-A class and since school hasn't started there yet the students won't know that Izuku had strings pulled for him to get into the school. I'm sure some story will be provided to the staff which I will help with to ensure he isn't discriminated against due to being placed in without the exam." All Might stated and Inko was glad he was going so far for her son and covering all of the bases of the possible situations of what could happen. As they were talking they then moved onto the topic of how they would get Izuku's quirk under control.

"Now Izuku, I want you to do what Principal Nezu suggested in apply your quirk analysis towards One For All. Though... hide the information the best you can or use different words when referring to the quirk and not call it One For All since we don't need someone finding it out due to you writing it down." All Might said and Izuku nodded his head and All Might started to talk again about the plans. "Outside of that, before my master died to All For One she introduced me to a friend of hers that trained me after her death. He became my mentor and I learned how to control One For All for myself. My problems didn't lay in too much power and need to scale back rather than I needed to learn how to fight with it since I was able to use all 100% but I received it at a much weaker point... I seemed to have grown it stronger than I realized as well." All Might stated and Izuku rubbed his arm remembering the feeling of it breaking and All Might shuddered at the memory of seeing Izuku fall from so high. "As such, I will call him and ask him to come out of retirement and set up a way for him to work at Shiketsu so he can train Izuku personally since I can't be with Izuku like I planned to at UA. Izuku won't let me quit since it would cause issues in the public if they were to learn of me quitting so soon and I can't go work at SHiketsu since it would make it easier to connect Izuku to me and the truth of the quirk." All Might stated and Inko nodded her head and asked who the man was that was going to be training Izuku. Both Midoriya's watched as All Might shuddered before he spoke.

"I am so sorry that I will be condemning you Izuku... my mentor's name is Gran Torino. Izuku, if you thought the 10 months of training cleaning the beach was hell... well I am sorry to say it will seem like a cakewalk to what he will do to you. I am deathly afraid of that man but we got no other choice since I don't want you breaking your bones since it would lead to permanent damage which we can't have." All Might stated and Inko agreed but asked what the man might do. All Might shuddered as he remembered his training and Izuku got worried a bit. "The man is ruthless in his training. He's an old-style trainer that will throw Izuku into the deep in and kick his ass while Izuku trains to ensure Izuku is ready for any villains. I hated the training but I must admit it made me really prepared for a lot of the people I went on to face since they were all easier to deal with than the Gran Torino. He won't let Izuku die if you are wondering but Izuku will be pushed to his limits and then past them if Gran Torino does as he pleases which he will since no one can stop that old man. He's really old and short now but can still beat me..." All Might said and Izuku wanted to meet the man but was afraid as well. Inko was kind of happy that Izuku would be prepared to deal with people that he fights in the future but wish it didn't involve so much pain. 

After Inko signed the paperwork, All Might said he would start making the phone calls at once and asked if he could have some tea while he works on the calls. Inko nodded her head and went and got some fresh tea as All Might pulled his phone out and started to make his calls. Izuku though went and started notes on One For All and attempted to learn how to control it via applying his quirk analysis to the quirk itself like any other quirk he does. 

As Izuku sat there he wrote out what he knew about the quirk.

Basic Information:

Superpower stockpiles energy in some form that is unknown to the user. What this energy is unknown but does put off some electrical output when it's powered on and provides a boost to the individual's body in speed and strength. As it stands, the quirk is too powerful and breaks the user whenever it is used due to the user's inexperience in using a quirk due to being quirkless for a decade beforehand. The theory is that the user needed to build up their body before the body could even withstand the activation of the said quirk. 

Strengths:

Provides an overall increase in strength and speed.

Provides durability to the user to withstand hitting things.

At certain power output, the user is able to create airblasts due to the force being procured. 

Weakness:

Too much power will lead to the user's body being injured.

Due to all of the power the user needs to learn hard control in regards to the output. 

As Izuku sat there he honestly didn't know what to think outside of what he had. Overall, the quirk was straightforward but he was having issues controlling the quirk due to the raw power that he had behind him that he was breaking himself whenever he turned it on and used it. Izuku decided to walk back into the living room since he was in his room for about 30 minutes and see what All Might was doing. As he entered he heard the tail-end of one conversation but didn't get many details out of it. Izuku sat down on the couch and looked at his notebooks as All Might said thank you to whoever he was talking to.

All Might looked at Izuku and then Inko. "So, I got Gran Torino to agree to work at Shiketsu and train Izuku. Now I just need to get the school to accept Izuku and hire Gran Torino. Honestly, I would pay for the old man's salary myself if need be to ensure he's there to train Izuku. Also, Gran Torino is coming over here to your house. He will arrive tomorrow morning and will be taking Izuku out to train since he wants to see if he can get Izuku some form of control before entering the school. So for the rest of this week until Monday, you will be training with Gran Torino none stop Izuku." All Might stated and Izuku nodded his head and was happy at the prospect of getting some form of control before he started at the other school.

All Might then started the phone call with Shiketsu High School. After the phone ranged for a bit the other side answered. Izuku could hear the conversation quite clearly since All Might had put it on speaker and warned the Midoriya's about doing so. As such, they stayed silent as All Might talked. "Hello, this is Shiketsu High School. How may I direct your call?" asked the person on the phone. "Hello Ma'am. This is All Might calling and I need to speak to the principal about some matters. Is he available right now? It is an urgent and personal matter for me." All Might asked and the individual on the other side of the line seemed caught off guard. "Let me check, one moment." She said and after a few minutes the call was transferred and a new voice came across the line. "This is Principal Suoh speaking." stated the voice and Izuku recognized the name as Mikoto Suoh otherwise known as the Red King who's quirk was called Red Aura. It granted the user the ability over the fire aspect and allowed for heavy offensive potential. It's theorized that the Red King could easily take Endeavor on but he is also known for being a slacker and never aimed to take any high ranks in the hero ranking and has stayed at a low rank since he took over the school even though they have some traditions that tie back to the military since it was founded as a military school before being converted. 

"Well... that was an insightful look into my life and the school that I didn't know I was going to get." Stated the voice and Izuku blushed hard since he muttered all of that. All Might broke into laughter as even Inko joined in. "Sorry about that Principal Suoh, he has a habit of doing that which I'm trying to figure out how to help him on the muttering or limit who can hear it. Anyway, I am calling about my protege who you just heard talk." All Might stated and the line was silent for a bit. "You have a protege? This is the first I am here about it... I would think that would have been big news." the Principal stated and All Might agreed with him. "Not many people know of him currently as I've kept it under warps. However, we've run into a problem that I need your school's help with." All Might stated and the Principal asked for details.

"You see...  My protege quirk only came in about 2 months ago so he doesn't have any control of it but he still managed to pass the UA entrance exam. However... my protege ended up in 1-A with the teacher being Eraserhead who has a high expulsion rate. Eraserhead did his quirk apprehension test and Izuku ended up in the last place which is beside me even though I doubt he was the worst scorer overall. However, moving past that, Principal Nezu was willing to block the expulsion and keep my protege Izuku Midoriya in the school but Izuku doesn't want me having the principal doing that. As such, instead of expulsion, it's been changed to a withdraw. We are currently searching for a new school for him to go to which right now would be Shiketsu High School if you are willing to accept him into your hero course. I do have someone to train him and get the quirk under control which would need to be hired on since I have to work at UA and I can't quit without causing a scandal. Is there any way you can help us?" All Might asked and the line was silent for a while. As they waited on the edge of their seats the Principal spoke up.

"I can make it work. We actually have an open seat in 1-A right now since someone dropped out due to moving out of the country. We would need to come up with some sort of story if you don't want the fact that he's your protege to get out to the staff unless you're okay with them knowing?" the Principal asked and All Might thought it over. "Who all knows about those that passed the exam? Can we limit it to you, the homeroom teacher, and our side that knows that he didn't go through the exam?" All Might asked and the Principal was quiet for a bit. "I would need to expand it to the 1-B homeroom teacher as well since they were there when we picked out the students for the classes. The other staff knows who passed but I can easily pass the story of him coming from another school which is true. The students have zero ideas on who passed until they meet them in the class." Stated the Principal and All Might agreed with it. Then the topic of One For All needed to be talked about.

"Suoh... how secure is this line?" All Might asked and the Principal said it was the securest he had. All Might took a second and decided on what he wanted to say. "There more details I want to give you in private and not over the phone. I don't want to risk it but it's going to be a large story and information that you need to know. It's also the reason I need you to hire a new teacher that will focus on training Izuku and his quirk. The name of the person I need you to hire to help train Izuku is Gran Torino. He is my mentor who trained me which he could help others as well but his main focus privately would be Izuku's training and access to any of your training equipment that Gran Torino askes for to do the training. I will pay for anything that the school can't easily acquire that they need as well and I will also be increasing my donations to the school since he will be going there." All Might stated and the Principal thanked him for the money and said he would have the man hired but he would need a lot of paperwork signed quickly to get it done in time. All Might asked him to send to his laptop, the paperwork for Gran Torino and Izuku Midoriya's enrollment. All Might said he would come to the school tomorrow early in the morning to talk about the private details since he had a class to teach that afternoon. 

Soon the conversation came to an end and Izuku was setup. He would be now attending Shiketsu High School starting next week once the paperwork was filled out. All Might stayed at the house and joined them for dinner as he printed the paperwork off on their computer and Inko and he worked through it to get Izuku's stuff done since All Might would go down there early in the morning. All Might also forward the paperwork to Gran Torino so he could start on it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 7.6K 47
*All Images are not owned by me* Izuku Midoriya decides to take leave from UA due to the spreading of rumors about him. These rumors suggest that he...
729K 30.9K 121
Midoriya Izuku is not your wimpy loser that every anime tries to portray. Instead, he is the most straight-forward, over-dramatic teen you will come...
1M 30.9K 55
What happens when after the USJ attack the teachers discuss the possibility of a traitor in UA and find Izukus notbooks.... What happens when the cla...
86.1K 3.5K 26
Izuku Midoriya had enough from life, he was ignored by everyone even his family. One fateful night the boy was by a villain. The villain lead him to...