๐—ช๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น | Oikawa...

By santnyx

***REWRITING + fixing up grammarโ€ผ๏ธ*** " ๐™Š๐™ž๐™ ๐™–๐™ฌ๐™–-๐™จ๐™–๐™ฃ, ๐™ก๐™š๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™œ๐™ค ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™™๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ! " " ๐™‰๐™ค " / หš... More

๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 0
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 1
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 2
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 3
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 5
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 6
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 7
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 8
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 9
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 10
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 11
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 12
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 13
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 14

๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 4

9.3K 288 103
By santnyx

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Don't worry, we'll win the next set," You say, trying to cheer your team up.

"Damn it. They're better than I thought—" their complaints are suddenly interrupted by a squealing sound from the balcony.

Ah shit, here we go again.

"Oikawa, you're back. How's the ankle?"

"It's fine. I can get back to regular practice now," he smiles and waves to his fangirls after they called. You roll your eyes at the brunettes but wince when you notice Oikawa looking at you.

"Your eyes will get stuck in the back if you keep doing that, (y/n)-chan~"

You turn your head away from his glaze and he asks in confusion, "why are you mad at me?"

"I'm not mad. Go get ready to play already."

"Yep, you're definitely mad," he mumbles and turns around, then smiles upon seeing your brother.

"Yaho! Long time no see, Tobio-chan"

Ew.

"It's so nice to see you. Are you still doing the king thing?" He says with a smirk, and your garbage tolerance suddenly went downhill.

"Do not call him King. I don't allow that."

"(Y/n)-chan! It hurts! Ouch!" The Seijoh's third-years laugh upon seeing the sight of you pulling the captain's ear.

"Go get warmed up!" You say in unison with your coach.

"Alright! Let my ear go first!"

"K. The garbage's down," At this point, the Karasuno team is laughing as well. It was mostly Tanaka, though.

"For God's sake! Why do you insult me so much when you're mad?" Oikawa pouts but you just ignore him, gesturing a 'shoo' sign of telling him to go warm up.

The third set obviously is going by in Karasuno's favor as they're in the lead again.

But it didn't continue to go so well after Oikawa steps his foot on to the court. You stare at him and how he grins out a devilish smile while attempting to crush Karasuno.

I love when he's on the court so much. You thought.

His composure, his glaze and determination to land the ball, his techniques, his styles of playing, his sets, his serves, even his dumps are beautiful.

Fuck. How does someone look so hot when they're just playing volleyball ?

"Oh, they won," Kunimi, who's benched for this set, points out while looking at the scoreboard. You and the coaches sigh when the score was updated to 25-23 with Karasuno winning.

"Good game!" You shout, handing out water bottles and towels to your teammates. They look exhausted and you feel bad that they lost.

"Hey, don't worry. It's only a practice match and we did so well without Oikawa-san!"

"I made the score go up in the third set!!!" Oikawa whines. You shake your head tiredly at the sight but hands him his water bottle anyway.

"Thanks, do you want to walk home together today?" He asks with pleading eyes and you stare at him for a second, debating yourself whether to say yes or say no.

Just say no, (y/n)! Don't you remember what happened today? He might even already got back together with Arisu!

"Mhm, sure," but that's what you said out loud. Somehow, you favor the walk with him more than the other thought.

And every time, you kept losing when it's about Oikawa.

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。

"Finally all cleaned up! Let's go home and get some rest now. Thanks for your hard work today," you slightly smile after the gym was cleaned.

You then groan out loud from starvation. Your stomach is literally empty as if there is a black hole in there right now since all you've eaten today was an onigiri and some pancakes.

"Also, let's not forget to stay healthy, okay? The tournament is in two months. I know you all can do it."

"It's we," Matsukawa corrects you, "And she's right. Please don't be an idiot who overworks themself and ends up spraining their ankle," the whole team then laughs in unison, knowing who he was referring to.

"Hey!!!" The captain pouts after getting attacked by words.

"Could we go now? I'm hungry..." you say softly to Oikawa after your stomach had rumbled again for the 54th time of the day.

"Iwa-chan, let's go. We need to feed the cat." Oikawa uses his thumb to point at you and Iwaizumi nods after hearing.

"I am not a cat," a visible annoyed expression is seen on your face by now as your emotions are usually all upset when you're hungry.

Your house is the farthest away in the group but you usually walk home with Oikawa and Iwaizumi because you all go in the same direction. Or sometimes Miwa would pick you up from school if she's coming home that night, and you'd be at home in spites of seconds.

"(Y/n), your stomach keeps growling," Iwaizumi notices on the walk home and just when you guys are about to reach Oikawa's place.

"It hurts," you mumble and put your hands on your stomach, curving your lips into a pout.

"Are you okay? We can stop by my house to get something for you to eat first," Oikawa asks with a tint of concern in his voice and he wears a genuine worried expression.

"Please do," you respond as soon as he finished his sentence.

"Quiet (y/n)-chan is so rare. I guess we only see it when she's hungry, huh?"

"True. She always either say 'I like you, Oikawa-san' repeatedly or keeps insulting you," Iwaizumi mimics your voice and you can't help but laugh.

"Hey, we're here!" You three are now in front of a familiar house. Oikawa digs into his bag for the key and opens the door while greeting out loud, "I'm home!"

"Welcome back~ Oh, Hajime is here too? And (Y/n)-chan! It's nice to see you again," his mom greets the three of you happily. She's a really nice lady from what you've experienced so far—although Oikawa says she's always like that to someone else but not him, and you can agree that every mom is like that.

"Mom, can we get something to eat real quick? (Y/n)-chan's about to die from starvation."

"Of course! The food's about ready. Your friends can stay for dinner. Go help your father set up the table, Tooru," she smiles and her son quickly does the task as directed. She doesn't want you and Iwaizumi to help since you're the guests, though.

((A/N bc I want to comment on this so bad : I swear it's the most awkward moment ever when you go to your friend's house and their mom didn't want you to help with the chores so you just stand there watching your friend do it👁👄👁))

"Your food is the best, Oikawa-san," Iwaizumi exclaims once he tastes the first bite of the food on his plate.

"Thank you," Oikawa replies— and it's Oikawa Tooru when the compliment was obviously meant for his mom.

"Not you, idiotkawa," Iwaizumi roll his eyes.

"Why are you giving me a new nickname!?"

"Oikawa-san, could you pass me the soy sauce—" you sweat drop before finishing the sentence because the three Oikawas are staring at you simultaneously.

"I—um, sorry. I meant Oikawa Tooru" you cough.

"You and Hajime should really start calling this kid Tooru~ It's been quite a few years now, and a lifetime for you, Hajime!" His mom suggests... probably for the 50th time since you've known both Oikawa and Iwaizumi.

"You kept telling me that since I was in kindergarten," Iwaizumi laughs in rejection of calling his best friend 'Tooru'.

"What's wrong with calling me by my first name!? (Y/n)-chan, you try it," Oikawa turns to you.

"No way."

"I want to hear it, you guys too, right?," Iwaizumi throws a bomb at you while Oikawa's parents nod and you stare at your friend in disbelief.

"(Y/n)-channnnnnn," the brunette lets out a whiny sound again with pleading eyes.

Easy. You thought.

It's just calling his name, that's a simple task.

But you ended up blushing in the process of trying to make out the words anyway.

"Tooru... san..."

"(Y/n)-chan! You sound so cute," Tooru's mom excitedly says, "oh my, you're blushing—and Tooru too?," and you almost died out of embarrassment.

"I'm not blushing!" You and Oikawa deny at the same time before looking at each other and noticing that both of you are really blushing hard.

He looks away first and you do the same. It was awkward. Indescribably awkward.

"Lovebirds- ow," Iwaizumi mumbles and you pinch on his leg for saying nonsense.

"Anyway... he's not been troubling you, right, (Y/n)?" You shake your head after Tooru's father questioned you. You are about to say something when Iwaizumi cuts you off.

"He definitely has been a handful."

"Iwa-chan~ you know that's not true!" the youngest Oikawa protests.

"Well, you better be nice to your girlfriend, Tooru!" His father laughs and smacks him on the back and Oikawa almost chokes on his food, both from the smack and from what his dad said.

"Dad, we're not dating!" He immediately denies it.

"Oh, yeah?"

"We're friends, don't make it weird," Oikawa sighs and you awkwardly laugh, continue to eat your food silently, just to not make it awkward for his parents. Iwaizumi takes a glance at you before going back to his food.

You know what is more awkward? Him knowing that I like him a lot but still acting like I only see him as a friend...

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。

(Y/N)'S POV

"Tooru! Come on. Get up and take your friend home," Mr. Oikawa said after noticing my team captain lazily lying on the couch while eating popcorn.

"Dadddddd, Iwa-chan lives literally 50 feet away from us— ouch!" He was interrupted when his dad throws a pillow at him, "Not planning on letting (y/n) walk home by herself, are you?" He raises his eyebrows and Oikawa sighs, getting up. "Right."

"It's fine! My house is actually not that far. I don't want him to walk me over and then having to walk all the way back here."

"No, I'm going to. Let's go," ignoring my words, he put on his shoes and walks up to me. Hajime was already gone after saying goodbye to his best friend's parents.

"It's really not that far," I sigh.

"I don't care? I'm walking you. It's dark outside already. Now come on."

"Fine, fine!"

The walk is quiet enough to hear the wind breeze. I decide to say something so it wouldn't continue to be awkward. "So, Interhigh soon, huh? Time's flying faster than I expected."

He nods and responds, "it's not the end of the world if we lose, but I still want to beat that guy."

"Ushijima?"

"One and only— wait, no. Also Tobio-chan," he chuckles at the sight of me rolling my eyes again. He's been enemies with Ushijima of Shiratorizawa and Tobio since forever and everyone knows.

"Sometimes I don't know whether to celebrate with the winner or comfort the loser," I sigh. It is a tough decision—Aoba Johsai is my team and I love them with my whole heart, but Tobio is my brother. One and only.

"Hey! Even if I win or lose, you still have to choose me!"

"You meant us, as a team."

"No, I meant me."

"Eh?"

"Forget it— oh, look. The sakura's falling," he points at the pinkish tree and its petals that are flowing in the air. It must be more fascinating to see during daytime, though.

"Oikawa-san, you know? They say that if people kiss under the sakura tree, their love will be eternity."

"No way, you made it up," he seems confused for a second before shaking his head and denying what I just said—and of course I lied. There's no such story.

"You just always know what I'm up to, don't you? O-i-ka-wa-san?"

"Ooh so you wanna kiss me so bad? Yeah?" I freeze and stumble back a bit. How the hell did he say it out so easy?

"What— I didn't say that!" I argue.

"The story you just told said it all."

He smirks and looks at me in the eyes. We stare at each other for a moment before he leans over and cups my cheeks, bringing them closer to his face. I can feel my heart beating faster and wonder if he's feeling the same thing too.

I shut my eyes tight, waiting for the kiss—but feel something slightly hitting my forehead instead, with a laughter that comes with it.

This asshole just flicked my forehead. Hard.

"Oikawa!!!"

"Wahhhhh I'm sorry!! I just had to do it! Ahahahaha."

"Oikawa you freakin—"

"Ouch! (Y/n)-chan! No hitting!! And where did the honorific go!?!"

"Shittykawa!"

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry! That's enough!" He catches my wrists and put it above my head before I could hit him again. My face went into pouting expression while looking at him. We stare at each other, with more emotions this time.

I look away first and shake my hand, telling him to let go as I start to feel pain from the force on my wrist.

"Wait, let go. It hurts."

"Shit—I'm sorry."

"It's fine—hey!" I yelp as he pulls my wrist closer to his lips before blowing out the air on my wrist that is now red and shows the footage of it being grabbed before. I blushed again and as if I felt butterflies were wandering in my stomach.

How can he just casually do this? Does he do it to everyone?

"My mom does this when I was little. She said that if you blow air on where it hurts, it will hurt less. I'm sorry, (y/n)-chan."

"I'm not a kid, and it doesn't even hurt that bad," I mumble, yet still let him do it anyway.

"There, there. All good now," he grins, finally letting go of my wrist.

We then walk in silence until we reached the front porch of my house.

"Just one thing before I leave— Arisu and I are not a thing, alright? Never again with her. So, don't get the wrong idea," he stopped me with an explanation.

"You were kissing her."

"She started it— ugh, you don't believe me, do you?" He says in a frustration tone and I look at him with my brows scrunched, clearly bewildered.

"Um, I'm actually just confused why you're interested in telling me all that... why?"

"That—"

"Nee-san?" I turn around and see Tobio standing in his pajama, looking at the two of us.

"Why is he here." He asks, but it sounds more like a statement waiting for a response.

"Are you an idiot? I walked her home, that's why" the older setter said, a little annoyed.

I sigh, telling Tobio to head back into the house first. He agrees reluctantly and disappears from the door.

"Well?" The brunette turns to me.

"Good night, I guess."

"Mmm, good night."

"Wait, Oikawa-san!" I pull the back of his blazer and he turns around curiously before earning a cheek kiss from me.

"See you at school!" I say, feeling embarrassed and run inside the house, leaving him dumbfounded there before he could processed anything.

2ND PERSON POV

Oikawa stood there in shock. After a while, he managed to get himself together and finally leaving from your place, walking all the way back home.

He thought of something he just did and was also confused as to why he was explaining himself to you about his ex-girlfriend.

Somehow, just somehow, he felt the need to do it— Just so you wouldn't get the wrong idea. But to what reason why he wanted to, he has no clue himself.

Wiping the thoughts away, he slides his hands into his blazer's pockets and continues his walk home, instead thinking about the little kiss you planted on his cheek.

Oikawa can't help but let a smile slips onto his face and hums happily while he's deep in thoughts.

꒰ ˚⋆ 💍🦋❔ ˚。⋆⁺

Phew, that was a long chapter. Sorry if it takes too long too read! (≈2600 words btw lol)
I'm so tired now from writing it💀💀💀
Hope you guys liked it though!!!

Fun fact FYI!! The thing that Oikawa does when he held up (y/n)'s hand and blew through the spot is a thing in my country, actually. We really do that to little kids and tell them the pain would go away after this (many girls/boys also do it to their girlfriend/boyfriend and I found that kinda cute so I put it here🥺)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 419 48
Y/N is the younger sister of Haruka Nanase. She was quite close to Makoto, Nagisa, and especially Gou Matsuoka, and her brother, Rin. But She had to...
4.2K 203 12
"so...we like each other?" "seems so." "in a romantic sense?" "mhm." "okay." ... "what now?" "well...i assume we're dating then." ...
246K 7.2K 24
What happens when you and Rin need to take care of a demon together? This story takes place in the Blue Exorcist Movie. *Will be rewritten*
938K 39.8K 81
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC