Packaging Osas

Por Essien_Eno

She is something, she's fiesty and she's also sweet, she's hot and she's also cold, she believes in love but... Más

✍️Author's note✍️
🔺Meet your cast🔻
🔺 Prologue 🔻
🔺 Chapter 1🔻
🔺 Chapter 2🔻
🔺 Chapter 3🔻
🔺NOT AN UPDATE 🔻
🔺 Chapter 4🔻
🔺 Chapter 5🔻
🔺 Chapter 6🔻
🔺 Chapter 7🔻
🔺 Chapter 8🔻
🔺 Chapter 9🔻
🔺 Chapter 10🔻
🔺Not an update🔻
🔺 Chapter 11🔻
🔺 Chapter 12🔻
🔺 Chapter 13🔻
🔺 Chapter 14🔻
🔺 Chapter 15🔻
🔺 Chapter 16🔻
🔺 Chapter 17🔻
🔺 Chapter 18🔻
🔺 Chapter 19🔻
🔺 Chapter 20🔻
🔺Not an update🔻
🔺 Chapter 21🔻
🔺 Chapter 22🔻
🔺 Chapter 24🔻
🔺 Chapter 25🔻
🔺 Chapter 26🔻
🔺Not an update🔻
🔺 Chapter 27🔻
🔺 Chapter 28🔻
🔺 Chapter 29🔻
🔺 Chapter 30🔻
🔺 Chapter 31🔻
🔺 Chapter 32🔻
🔺 Chapter 33🔻
🔺 Chapter 34🔻
🔺 Chapter 35🔻
🔺 Chapter 36🔻
🔺 Chapter 37🔻
🔺 Chapter 38🔻
🔺 Chapter 39🔻
🔺 Chapter 40🔻
🔺 Chapter 41🔻
🔺 Chapter 42🔻
🔺 Chapter 43🔻
🔺 Chapter 44🔻
🔺 Chapter 45🔻
🔺 Chapter 46🔻
🔺 Chapter 47🔻
🔺 Chapter 48🔻
🔺 Chapter 49🔻
🔺 Chapter 50🔻
🔺 Update🔻
🔺 Epilogue🔻
🔺Choke point🔻
🔺 Notification🔻

🔺 Chapter 23🔻

1.1K 320 99
Por Essien_Eno

Chapter 23

Unedited

6:30 am

"The ushering gig is so sure! And you're in Osas" Adetutu announced on a phone call and Osas smiled. "Seriously?" "Yeah. It's so sure. I called the big Madam and she it's like legit real and our twenty k is like so so sure! So get ready, I'll let you in on when we'll move"

"Thank you"

"You're welcome" she answered and hanging up and Obianuju who was having tea and bread watched her in interest. "Who's that calling so early in the morning?" "Na Folabi's sister"

"Who's Folabi?"

"My friend in Bini, she's in Lagos and she told me about this ushering gig" "Ushering gig?" "It's a politician something and we're supposed to work as ushers for a day, 20k"

"What? That's surreal? Some employees don't even pay people 20 k for a month. Are you sure it's real?"

"Adetutu say e dey legit. She being do and them give her the money"

"Okay, if she says so but you gotta be very careful" she answered then she cleared her throat on seeing Raymond walked in already prepared to go to work.

"Good morning oh" Osas answered and he smiled, "Good morning Osas. How was your night?" "It was fine, thank for say una allow me sleep here. I really appreciate it"

"It nothing"

"You go chop?" She asked and he shook his head. "You go chop, you must chop, it's by force by fire" she gave Obianuju a look and she rose up rolling her eyes then she walked into the kitchen.

"I know say this matter no concern me. Make e no be like say I dey do aproko (pokenose). Make una do settle, you and Mrs Obianuju. I no say wetin she do go pain you as human way you be but I dey beg make you find one place for your heart forgive her"

"It hurts, what hurts more is the fact she wouldn't have said anything if you didn't push her to" "Na fear cause am, it's fear. Everyone has their secrets, I have my own, at first base on woman way we be. Base on the fact we're women, it's always difficult to tell other our secret"

"I'm not just anyone. I'm her husband"

"Maybe na this vex she dey avoid, with the way you dey vex now, tell me why she no go hide am from you. I'm sure she's regretting why she told you"  "I want to forget it but it's hard"

"Okay .... If you fit answer this one question, i go drop the topic" "Shoot" Raymond pulled Obianuju's plate close then he took a bite out of the bread.

"Does your wife know everything about you?" She asked and he coughed. "Shebi, some part dey way be say if she know she go vex, why you no want com forgive her?" she asked and Raymond chuckled. "She'll flip of she knows and she might even accuse me of cheating and I've never cheated"

"But she had the guts to tell you her own secret" Osas dipped a slice of the bread into her mouth, "You should respect her" she answered and Raymond chuckled.

"Have you considered marriage counseling?" He asked and they both laughed. "I know say I good for everything so I'm not surprised"

"I blame you? Na me give you comment now" he answered and she chuckled and Obianuju entered with a tray containing  plate of fried eggs and a cup of tea.

"You're already eating my food" she hissed and he pushed it back expecting his own.

She dropped it on his table then she returned back to her seat and Osas laughed. "Make una do reconcile abeg!"  "I'm not the one who's angry" Obianuju snapped and Raymond rolled his eyes, "I'm still processing the whole thing" 

"I'm still processing the whole thing, two days isn't enough for that"

"Husband and wife matter no suppose allow day break"

"Osas, when you get married, you'll know it isn't easy. Marriage is no bed of rose"

"I know, life generally no be bed of rose.  You don't ever see ready made bed way rose dey on top am naturally? No, na person dey pour the rose put on top. Your marriage na as you lay your bed, if na rose you put on top, fine, if na bottle you break put on top, na you the thing go chuk (stab)" she answered and he smiled impressed by her wisdom.

"Life never show una pepper! Assuming life don show una pepper, una for they appreciate every simple moment way go put smile for una face, you no go even fit vex for somethings cause you don experience worse! Make una treasure una marriage"

Obianuju gave Raymond a look and he returned the look back then he exhaled looking away.

Raymond dropped Obianuju and Osas off at the foundation then he decided to see Osaze just before going to work.

Osas' phone rang and she picked the call just before entering into the broom closet. "Hello good morning" "So you can't even call someone and let the person where you are?" Ejiro asked and a smile curled up her cheek.

"Sorry"

"Sorry? Do you know how many missed calls I left?"

"I no go fit see the miss call and I no sabi your number for head. I for call you" "You didn't even tell me where you went to, i was seriously worried! I thought maybe they caught you, I had several death thoughts about you! I was sincerely worried"

"I being think say you no care" Osas answered, this was followed by a long silence, "Osas, are you okay?"

"Yes. I went to Kubiat's house to straighten out somethings and after, I slept at Mrs Obianuju's house" "Thank God you're fine, will you be coming home?"

"No. I'm at work"

"You should come home today, I'll like us to have a talk" she answered and Osas' heart leapt in fear, has it finally come to an end? Could this be the end of her living in the house?

"I hear. Thank you"

"Call for a meeting, I need to address everyone"  Osaze said to Obianuju who gave a gentle nod. "Okay Sir, but you have things scheduled for the week" Obianuju answered swiping through her IPad, "There's this reporter from Real television that called, she thinks you're dissing her and you don't want to show up for the meeting"

"I'm busy"

"I've been telling her that for a month now Sir, she's bound to get tired. Fix a date, maybe on Saturday"  "You have a wedding to attend on Saturday, except you're not attending the wedding. It's not even my job to remind you of that"

"Fix a date you feel it's convenient and then get back to me" he exhaled rubbing his forehead and Obianuju got worried. "Is everything okay?" She asked and Raymond pointed at him.

"I was even going to ask the same question"

"We're moving"

"What?" Obianuju asked, "Why?" "The owner of the building wants her building back"

"But I thought....." Obianuju trailed then she scoffed in understanding, "Your Mom wants it back, why?"

"I'm no longer with Eniola so..."

Obianuju smiled, she couldn't hide her excitement, "That's actually the best news I've heard all week" she confessed and Raymond who was seated looked up at her.

"What? I'm being honest. Good riddance to bad rubbish!" She answered now turning towards Osaze, "Congratulations Sir, even though I'm not excited about us moving. Where are we moving to?"

"Just a street away, the other estate, I already made a down payment for the building"

"I'll find a situable time to fix in the general meeting. I'll take my leave Sir" she answered leaving and Raymond laughed.

"My official wife"

"What's up with the two of you?" He asked and Raymond scoffed, "If you didn't run off the way you did Sunday, maybe you would have found out"

"What happened?"

"I shouldn't tell you this but based on who you are and the fact we know each other's secrets. I know you definitely won't tell anyone. So Obianuju gave me a shocking revelation, she had an abortion at the age of fifteen"

"Oh"

"Yes Oh. I'm so angry"

"Why? That she had an abortion once?"

"No! The fact she didn't trust me enough to tell me." "No wonder she hasn't been her cheerful self, she's been brooding. The only time I've seen her give a real smile is after she about my break up with Eniola" Osaze chuckled, "I still don't understand why they're usually on each other's throats"

Raymond hissed, "Is it women that you want to understand. Abeg! See, I didn't mean to make Nuju sad but.... I'm still processing this news"

"I'm not a marriage counselor" "Always saying you're not a marriage counselor,  what can you do sef?"

"You can come to me after being raped and I'll advise you on what to do" he answered and Raymond glared at him, "Or after you've arrested or jailed, I'm a good lawyer"

"Not funny, your jokes are always extreme" Raymond shot at him then he laughed afterwards. "Before I rush go work, what happened on Saturday? The way you zoomed off, I wanted to have a talk with you, I couldn't find you. Even Eniola was looking for you"

"I didn't see any missed calls from you"

"Dude, I was having extreme emotional wahala and I needed emotional support not phone support."

"I had to clear my head"

"What happened?"

"Remember the girl Goriola and Jerry raped?"

"The dream that has been taunting you. Yeah sure, what's up?"

"It's Osas"

"What?" Raymond's eyes almost popped out of his socket. "How? When? How is it possible? Wait.... First you met her in the bus randomly and.... Come on! Life cannot be that cruel! The world can't be that small sef. Are you sure?"

"I'm sure, I've been analysing the whole thing and it makes sense."

"How come you didn't recognize her?"

"Was sixteen that year, now she's probably 31, it's not even the same face but when we met she told me my face looked familiar"

"Jeez... Me I'm on Goriola's case now, is he aware that the girl he's tripping for is the same girl he raped 15 years ago?"

"I'm not planning on telling him.  There's a whole lot happening and I feel guilty"

"Karma's one hell of a bitch! I asked you this question once and you got angry, do you like her? Do you like Osas?" He asked and he shrugged. "I don't know"

"Yes or no"

"What if it's pity? What if it's guilt? I don't know what I feel. Vera thinks I like her, she's been trying to match make the both of us"

"I also think that way too but na you go search yourself see. Man know that self, straighten out what you feel"

"Of what use is it? She's with Kubiat"

"They broke up yesterday"

"They did? Why? I thought she liked him"

"She said she doesn't like him, she likes someone else"

"Who? Goriola? What does she see in him?" He asked and Raymond scoffed, "You're getting jealous for someone who you don't like"

"Goriola is a Playboy, why do most girls fall for guys like him?"

"Dummy! It's not Goriola she likes"

"Who then?" He searched his head, "Is there someone else? .... Obinna?" He asked and Raymond laughed, "You!"

"What?"

"Yes Mumu! You!"

Osaze concealed his smile under a poker face. "Me? Why?" "Beats me" he answered, "Are you sure I'm the one?" "I believe Kubi was accurate when he said so"

"Geez! I wonder how the guy feels now, he really liked her"

"He'll move, everyone's moving now!" He answered and Osaze chuckled and a wide smile crept his cheek. "Are you sure it's not another person?"

"See as you're smiling"

"I'm not smiling, I'm just..." He trailed off then he cleared his throat. "Okay, between two best friends, how do you feel about her? Without the guilt?"

Osaze smiled, "I feel she's amazing, she's funny, she makes me laugh in ways I ...." He trailed off, "I'm happy when I'm with her and when she leaves, I get sad. When I think of what we spoke about, I smile again, I anticipate meeting her everyday at work and when I don't, it's like my day isn't complete, I get worried every now and then because I don't know what kind of danger she'll be getting herself into" he confessed and Raymond smiled, "It's not everyday we get such confession from your lips, and you were saying?" He asked laughing.

"You're enjoying this right?"

"Considering I'll be going late to work. Are you considering.... you know, starting something with her?"

"Vera thinks maybe I'm God's provision to help her out"

"What do you think?"

"I've always wanted to help her out. It's going to be really weird to...start" "Why?" "The guilt"

"All you just have to do is tell her the truth. She deserves it"

Osaze exhaled, "I don't think I can bring myself to do that" "I know it's going to be hard but secrets are not the way out, trust me ." He answered then he laughed, "The secret shouldn't be the only thing you should be worried about, what about your Mom?" He asked then Osas chuckled.

"She's not a problem"

"To you, what about to her? Your mom will flip!" He replied laughing then Osas walked in with her mop. "Talk about the devil" he said and Osaze glared at him while Osas stared at Raymond in interest.

"Wetin." She trailed off looking at Osaze who smiled at her.

"Is that Wetin I hear?'

"Waiting to know what your guys were talking about" she answered and Osaze chuckled. "That doesn't even make sense"

"Shey it's English?" She asked and he smiled.

She gave Raymond a worried look, "You'll be late for work oh" "I was about to leave" he answered then he winked at Osaze before leaving the office.

"What were the both of you saying about me?"

"You've been doing a good job around the office"

"Awwwwn, seriously? Well it's my job." She answered and he looked at the gown she wore closely. It was different from her usual fashion. 
She moved closer to him and he perceived the smell of perfume from her. "You smell good" he complimented and she laughed.

Wait, so I being dey smell bad?

"Wait.... So I usually smell bad?" She asked and he pressed his lips together witholding his laughter. "No, that wasn't what I meant but since you're asking. You don't smell bad, you only smell like balm most of the time" he answered and she gasped poking his head now he swayed his head backwards.

"Sorry Sir" she apologized, "But seriously!" She placed her hands akimbo on her waist. "What I was trying to say is that you smell like Obianuju?" He answered and she chuckled. "I used her perfume and I'm wearing her cloth"

"Oh"

"Yes" she answered feeling a bit embarrassed. It felt nice to hear him say she smelled good! Maybe she'll have to buy herself a perfume. Or one of those cheap body spray!

"How was your night?" He asked clearing his throat and she smiled.

"It was comfortable and cold, the AC in Mrs Obianuju almost gave me pneumonia"

Osaze chuckled, "Now you're just speaking like a village girl" "Before nko?" She asked and he raised a familiar brow at her. "Before nko is a normal slang in Lagos, it's not pidgin"

"I thought you came here to mop, you've been talking since you walked in. You make me look like a talkative"

Osas smiled, "Everyone's a talkative, it takes the right person to make them talk" she answered and he nodded, she does have a point!

"Our deal will end this week or you'll still shift it"

"This week"

Osas smiled, "I feel like a winner already" "Don't you wanna say I go chop your money clean mouth" he asked and she chuckled. "After the challenge" she answered and he smiled.

"I'm glad you're feeling better. It's amazing how you get back up after all this....."

"I've been giving a lot inspiration today but as the flow.... as it's flowing, I'll just say it that way. Life is full of shit, if life gives you shit to eat, you shit the shit out" she answered and he blinked his eyes and she laughed.

"You thought I had something good to say shey? But it makes sense now"

"No it doesn't"

"Let me re.... Let me resay it"

"Rephrase it"

"Rephrase it, if life gives you shit to eat, you shit the shit out because you can't afford to have shit stored in your belly. It makes sense now right?"

"Now you've just managed to gross me out and put me off breakfast, lunch and dinner. Thank you very much"

"You got my point right?"

"Yeah" he answered opening up his laptop and she smiled. "You can't bottle everything up, it has it side effects, years ago something happened to me" she exhaled and he tried not to look at her face.

"I took a woman's advise, it's not the end of the world. I can't let the past or what happened yesterday to paint my future, God forbid! I'll move on" she answered and tears formed in his eyes.

"Clean up Osas, you're wasting time"

"I'm sorry Sir. By right I should sweep the floor then mop" "I don't have plans leaving the office or inhaling dust. Just mop and leave"

Osas laughed, "So you weren't inhaling dust when the office was dusty" "That's a different case" he answered and she chuckled raising her nose  in disbelief. She took the mop out from the bucket then she placed on the floor. 

"We're moving the foundation"

"To where? Why?" "That's all you need to know. We're moving"

"Okay. Sir, before I forget, I have an ushering gig for Saturday and I won't be around"

"What ushering gig?"

"A friend of mine invited me, she said they'll be paying 20 k"

"For a day?"

"Yes"

"Are you sure it's not one of those Ushers needed post by the road side. Those people are usually ritualist" "It's not. This my friend assured me that it's legit"

"Be careful Osarieme, I don't trust these things"

"I'll be fine Sir" 

Esther walked into Morenike's office with a smile glued on her face. "Good morning to you" "Good morning" Morenike answered. "You seem happy" "I am very much happy"

"Have you seen your husband's will?"

"No. I haven't, I'll work towards that eventually but the good news is that my husband has finally gone mad"

Morenike shut her eyes, "You charmed him again?" "No. He truly went mad, I mean he tried to strangle me last night" "He's crippled" "The last time I checked, you use hands in strangling not the legs"

"In some cases" Morenike answered then she scoffed, "Can we skip the scene where I pretend I actually believe that your husband suddenly ran mad and move to the scene where you cut to the chase? What do you want?"

"Your legal advise, can I request for my husband's will? Now that he's.... indisposed, since he's not dead. See, I'm curious, I'm very curious"

"Why don't you ask the testator or his new attorney ?"

"Okay.... I will but incase anything happens, I'll come back and seek your advice" she answered leaving the office and Ernest called.

"I'll be in Lagos in soon"

"Oh. Okay dear, something tragic happened"  "What?" "We'll discuss it when you get here"

Esther entered into George ward where he sat on a wheelchair completely drugged up. "Hey darling" she knelt down before him. "How are you doing?"
George mumbled something inaudible words and she pushed her ears close, "What's that? I can't hear you" she laughed throwing her head backwards.

"It's funny seeing you in this state but it didn't have to be this way. God if you knew how much I loved you. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't have waited for you. I wouldn't have been suffering myself climbing on you just to ease myself sexually. I can't imagine myself with another man, yes! You can call it an obsession or whatever, I don't care. I loved you and you made me into this person! You turned me into a monster because of your cheating ways"  she replied in tears.

"They'll get you!" He struggled to answer and she laughed. "Who? Where them dey? Who? I never see them! See, I have this planned out already, your first son wants to see you but I won't let him. No one will be seeing you, this is where you will die and the only face you'll be seeing will be my face"

"Why don't you just kill me already"

"God forbid! Why will I kill my husband? My sweet sweet husband, my love." He phone rang and she smiled. "That must be Ernest"

Ernest stared at the doctor then he exhaled, "Please explain to me again, what's wrong with my father" "He went mad, no matter how much he uses the grammar, it's still the same thing" Esther busted into tears to escape her son's insistence.

"I'll like to see him"

"You can't see him just yet. He's violent, as it is. He obviously doesn't remember your mother or anyone and he almost strangled your mother last night. You can ask the two nurses I sent over to pick him up, he strangled your mother. She was on the floor, she narrowly escaped choking to death"

"This is the same man I've been with for years. He doesn't say much and he's not the violent kind of man! He has never been"

"This condition tends to make anyone act differently but we'll do our very best to take care of him. You don't have to worry, for now, he won't be taking visitors. I'm sorry"

Ernest scoffed, "How did it become this bad?"

Evening

Osas stood by the road side holding the luggage and while waving her hands to passing taxis when Goriola sighted her and stopped besides her. "Hop in" he said and she chuckled. "You don't have to"
"I was actually heading towards your direction, besides, it's looking like it'll rain" he answered and she exhaled.

Goriola got out putting the luggage into into his trunk then he opened the door for her to enter and she did. "Did you travel?" He asked while driving and she shook her head.

"No"

"How do you explain the luggage?"

"Obianuju gave it to me"

Goriola scoffed, "So you're down to wearing hand me downs? Come on Osas, I can actually take care of you" "If I say yes to you shey? Goriola, you can keep your money. You know what? Maybe you should just keep quiet too. What's is about you? Everything you always end up saying usually gets me angry"

"I'm sorry. I've always been a selfish dickhead! But I mean it when I say I like you Osas. I'm not even after the sex, If you're worried about the sex, you can keep it till you trust me. I really like you Osas and I want to take care of you"

"Thank you but I don't want."

"Because you're dating Kubiat?"

"I'm no longer with him"

"Why?"

"Cause I no got pretend you dey with person way I no like"

"Do you like me?" He asked and she rolled her eyes, "Even a bit" he asked and she rolled her eyes. "Goriola, abeg, make we no make me the topic"

"I can manage you liking me a bit"

Osas rolled her eyes, "You're sturbborn!" "I'm not sturbborn, I'm just a guy who's slowly falling in love with you. It's crazy, but it the truth" he answered and thunder strikes.

"Even the thunder just spoke as witness" he answered and she chuckled. "How was your day?" She asked and he smiled. "Hectic"

She entered into the house pulling in a luggage, her body was a bit drenched from the rain. "Why Madam Osas, sorry ehn" Chika sympathized and Osas exhaled tiredly. "What's that?" Chika asked, "Mrs Obianuju gave me clothes" "That's nice of her. Open the bag make I see which one I fit carry"

"Na wa oh." Ejiro snapped, "Is it yours? The cloth never even land, you want collect" "So what if isn't mine? I just want to check now"

"If you carry the good ones ehn! Na me and you go enter the same trousers." Osas threatened and Chika laughed,  "Na bad one I go carry before" she opened up the luggage then she raised a pink top up.

"This one is looking nice"

"Ejiro, how you dey?" Osas asked and Chika cleared her throat. "I'll excuse the both of you. Let me go an try this cloth out" she answered and Ejiro shrugged.

"I dey. I'm fine, I called the carpenter to repair the door. You know I slept at um...." She cleared her throat again, "Chika's house but those people came back again but they didn't fjd anyone so..."

"I'm sorry Ejiro"

"No, I'm sorry about the way I reacted"

"Anyone would have reacted the same way. It's my fault"

"So because I have bad luck with men, does that actually make it my fault? No! Osas, you have a bad luck and it's not your fault, it's not your fault men like you easily even though you don't like them"

Osas smiled, "I'm sorry about Kubiat" "Why are you....urgh!" Ejiro rolled her eyes, Chika and her big mouth! "She wasn't supposed to tell you" "I'm happy she did. I was able to do the right thing yesterday. I broke up with Kubiat"

"Why? Osas, you shouldn't have. You like him"

"I don't like him like that, I just like the fact say him na good guy and my spirit go well with am. That's just all"

Ejiro cried out and Osas hugged her, "It's okay. If na your own, him go come for you. Abi make I tell am for you?" She asked and Ejiro pulled back pinching her.

"If you try am ehn! I'll be more angry with you"

Osas laughed. "That reminds me, I have this ushering job for politician something on Saturday. They'll be paying 20 k" "Ushering job? 20 k, how many days?"

"One day"

"That's weird"

"Tutu being do first time now, them give her the money so, e be like say the thing legit" "I don't know oh, all these politician be looking for how to waste the money they've stolen" she answered and Osas chuckled.

"That reminds me, the envelope you gave me, I'll return it back" "No, don't. I feel guilty" "Just use am for upkeep"

"Do you know how much is it in it? It's 50 k oh. I don't know why Madam Davina was that generous abi, I don't know if it's mistake oh. The money is rightfully yours, as much as I'm tempted to take it, I think we should share it"

Osas smiled. "Thank you. Make I call Omo ask am for her account number" "Osas, calm down." Ejiro held her by the arm. "Think of yourself first, please. You need stuffs too, chill, you have days to win the challenge so calm down and take care of yourself. Our first need is to pack out of this house, I have some savings in my account"

"I wan add join"

"Maybe you'll repay me some other time, for now, safety first. I'll talk to some house agent I know, we'll see what will happen"  "I no even know where I see this Kain angel from"

"Who?"

"The angel way dey inside beside you, who else I go dey talk about?" She and Ejiro laughed. "You're welcome. I think we're cut from the same angelic material"

"But your own na one thousand yards, my own five, Chika ten yards" Osas answered and Ejiro laughed, "Don't let her hear you"
Chika walked in, "I heard already, what's my business with angelic materials? I've never been a fan of white" she answered shaking her boobs to showcase dress she wore.

"Abegi!!"

"So girls, how do I look?"

Obianuju folded her leg pressing her phone when Raymond got out of the bathroom in his towel. "Mom says hi, she just called" she announced and he nodded.

"Okay" he answered then he cleared his throat. "Let's talk" he requested sitting down and sighed. "What did I do this time?"

"I was thinking of what Osas said she had a point"

"About the bed of roses?"

"No."

"I think her explanation of the need of roses was clever"

"I did too but i got her point why you didn't want to tell me. I eventually got angry and I shouldn't have" "It's only human to be angry, I expected you to be angry, I didn't expect you to ignore me for days"

"I'm sorry. I was"

"Angry that I didn't trust you enough"

"There was this day I went out with Obi and Goriola, this girl came from nowhere and she grabbed my..... I pushed her away, I swear. This thing doesn't salute anyone except you. It's highly patrotic to your touch. I swear" he answered and she chuckled.

"You didn't tell me"

"I know, I thought it was unnecessary because nothing happened and I didn't want to increase your insecurities about me going out with the guys. Babe, I love you, whether I call you Uju or not, I love the name and I love you, you're the woman I fell in love with"

"What happened then? You've been avoiding me, you come in late at night and sometimes you just...." "Because you wanted to have sex to have babies. Uju, I don't want to have sex with you, I want to make crazy love to you, not because of that reason but because I just want to make love to my wife period. Whether we have babies or not, it's not my business for now. I just want to make love to you"

Obianuju cried, "I'm sorry for being stuck up" she apologized and he laughed, "Stuck up is an understatement" "I'm sorry now, you want to start your shakara about?" She asked and he smiled.

"Put your apologies in a letter and then send it to the secretary to hand it over."  "For what?" She asked laughing and he chuckled, "The emotional stress you've put me through"

"Oh, so I didn't go through emotional stress too" she asked then she laughed rising up then she mounted on him, "I know of thousand ways I can actually apologize, but I don't know if you'll accept it"

"Gee, I wonder what?"

Obianuju kissed him and he kissed her too. "I guess that could work" he resumed kissing her now running his hands around her body!

Friday

3:30 am

Osas woke up from having a nightmare then she gasped trying to catch her breathe as quick as possible. "Are you okay?" Ejiro who was awake asked and she exhaled.

"I had dream"

"What kind?"

"I don't understand it, I just saw blood everywhere then I saw Mama" she explained and Ejiro shrugged. "What does that mean" "I don't know, maybe a warning it maybe. The blood might mean that Mama's dead"

"Your mom is dead already, why will you have a dream about her dying again?"

"Or maybe it's someone's death. I no dey always get dreams like this. Na Mama thing, the thing bloody but there was no face, nothing at all just blood"

"Maybe you shouldn't go for this ushering stuff. Maybe it's a warning"

"But I didn't see any face"

"Just say it's the 20k that's working you" Ejiro said and Osas laughed. "It's the 20k that's working me oh but I have to reconsider oh"

Adetutu above 👆

Evening

5:30 pm

While the Osas and Adetutu along with two other girls waited inside a room for the remaining passengers to show up. She had second thoughts of staying. "Adetutu, I dey go" "What?" "Yes. My mind no carry his meeting, make yawa no gas because of 20 k"

"The big Madam is going to be angry but anyways, it's your choice"

Osas' phone rings and she picked up. "Hey Osas" the voice said, it was Folabi. "Are you with Ade?" "Yeah...." "I am. They're waiting for the girls to come. The bus that's supposed to take them to the place is ready"

"I'm still having a bad feeling. Osas' take care of her" he said and Osas exhaled having a change of mind. "Yes. I'll take care of her"

"You two take care of yourself"

Adetutu raised a brow in surprise then she collected the phone, "Hello brother, everything is under control. I'll bring your precious Osas back" she answered and he laughed. "You guys take care"

"Definitely"

Osas sighted Uche and UD walk in then she scoffed walking towards her. "Wetin this village girl dey do for here?" Ud asked and Osas slapped her with the whole of her strength. She won't be shocked if her palm prints were left on her face.

"Jesus" She raised her hands to slap her back and Osas held her hands now twisting the it to her back then she pushed her with her leg till she landed on the floor.

"What's that for?" Uche yelled and she walked towards her making her flinched. "I ask for help, just help and you put me inside trouble, till today I no fit still commot inside"

"I gave you an opportunity"

"Which kain stupid opportunity" she pushed her backwards, "I tell you say I no wan do asewo work, yet you carry me go..... You deceive me! Assuming I want do asewo work, I for go Italy Tay Tay!" She snapped her fingers.

"Osas what's going on?" Adetutu asked and she hissed. "Na the girls way make me meet Chief Akinola be this"

"Oh. That's messy"

A fat woman walked in now staring at UD who was on the floor. "Are you girls ready cause we have no time to waste"  "We are Ma" Adetutu answered flashing a smile.

Osas phone rang and she picked it up, "Hello" "Have you guys moved?" Osaze asked and she smiled. "No, not yet Sir" "Call me when you do" "How will I do that?" "We need to do something about your phone"

"Yeah, after I win the challenge. My iPhone 13"

"Ah" he replied and they both chuckled. "Just call me through any number"

"I don't have your number"

"Ouch. Why am I suddenly hurt by that, I'm your boss?"

"I have never seen your number before"

"0813 6000  202"

"Okay"

"You haven't even written it down"

"I'm not stupid Sir, 0813, six thousand, two hundred and two. I'll call you when I get there"

"Please do."

The bus driver drove into a big fancy compound and Adetutu smiled. "That's what I'm talking about baby" she snapped her fingers and Osas suddenly got worried.

She got even more worried when she got out of the bus. Her spiritual radar was everywhere. She didn't like the vibe she was getting from the place.

"Cheer up Osas! Come on, let's go in"

"I no like the feeling way I dey get"

"What kind of feeling?"

"Like the feeling way i dey always get when I enter graveyard or cemetery. Na cemetery we dey?"

Adetutu laughed, "Come on, look at this beautiful house? Does it look like a cemetery in your eyes? Let answer that question, no it doesn't. This is where they're making us sleep, the last time, the place wasn't even fancy" Adetutu brought out her phone snapping the building. "This is going to IG baby, it's not everyday we enter into this kind of big house now"

"No pictures!" A guard yelled and she laughed. "Oga take it easy now. Abi what?" She asked and following them in.

Before they got in, one the bouncers requested they drop everything metallic, including their phone and Adetutu scoffed. "Are you guys fucking with me right now?" She scoffed, "I need my phone for pictures.

"I assure you it's for your safety And the safety of everyone here. Drop your bags here, we'll thoroughly search the bags and then have them returned back.

"Shebi na small bag now? How many minutes e go take una?"

"It's the house procedure, I don't have the strength to explain further, please do as you're asked. Please, the others have done it already" he answered and she dropped her wrist chain, wrist watch and her phone while Osas dropped hers.

Adetutu entered and a girl screamed at her. "Hey Babe!!!!" "Hey durl!" "There's drink, there's everything, there's booze, these guys are trying to spoil us and then give us 20 k. Mehn, Christmas came early oh"

🎶I no go fit invite una come my party make una no shawo oh🎶  Adetutu sang and they both laughed, "I've got the perfect song for this." The other girl suggested dancing to the beat in her head

"🎶I no come this life to suffer 🎶"

"Hey!" Adetutu screamed then she joined in the singing.

"If I follow politician, you go hear am for paper, them go call am prostitution. Who no like enjoyment, if money dey for pocket, shebi na national budget oh, we go blow like trumpet. Koroba koroba koroba koroba koroba oh ya carry am" they both sang on high pitch tone while Adetutu twerked behind her friend.

"It's the national budget that we are eating. We ain't doing nothing wrong!"

Osas looked around. She wasn't still comfortable. "Hey dear, meet Osas, she's my brother's crush"

A man in agbada walked down the stairs to address the ladies. He had a red bead on his neck and several on his wrist. "Beautiful ladies, I am most happy to see you all here. You'll all be servicing us and we all as well will service you well" he paused and they all clapped.

"It's a paripasu relationship, all you just have to do is make us happy, no mistakes and you'll get your end of the bargain. You're all welcome once again. Have a good day! Thank you, there's drink for everyone"

Adetutu friend brought a drink close to her and she rejected it. "I don't have plans drinking tonight, I want to look fresh for tomorrow. My hangover looks are weird"

Osaze sat in the living feeling disturbed for no reason. He thought of Osas and her ushering gig. He had planned on calling her to find out if she had gotten to the place but he couldn't reach her; she wasn't picking up her calls.

What if she runs Into trouble again?

Not like she would even see the missed calls or call him if something happens. Damn that stupid blind phone! He cussed throwing his phone on the couch then he sat down, picked up the remote, maybe he could watch anything to distract himself from being too worried.

She's fine Osaze, she's fine.

An hour later

In a room Adetutu shared with Osas, she tapped her hands on the desk then she hissed. "I thought these guys are supposed to bring our clothes and phones, these guys show not even try me" she hissed turning towards Osas.

"Let me go and get our phones" she snapped leaving and Osas nodded.

Shortly after she heard sounds in the bathroom so she walked Into it but found nothing. "Strange" she muttered. "I no feel comfortable at all!" She muttered then she went out meeting a lady in bed.

"What are you doing here?"

"It's my room duh?" She answered then she stared at Osas in surprise, something about her was strange but she couldn't really point her hands at it. "Who you be? You no join the other girls oh"

"Wait... You can see me?" She asked and Osas nodded. "Yes, why you ask?"

"That's strange. How can you see a ghost?"

"Huh?"

"I'm a ghost. Oh God, you can see me! That amazing. Why, too bad you're soon going to be one"

"One what?"

"One of the club's sacrifice. That's what they do, they bring girls here for sacrifice." "What kind of sacrifice?" She asked and the girl laughed, "She's asking what kind of sacrifice.  Money ritual of course"

Osas gasped in fear, "Money what?" "That's how they deceive girls, the first time they'll pay you twenty k for ushering jobs, they'll make you trust them and the third or fourth time, they'll cut off your head"

Osas shut her eyes, her dreams finally made sense. It was a warning! "God! What kind of stupid people are behind this? Killing innocent people"

"Some are politicians who want to win election by all means, some are even top notch business owners and, entrepreneurs" she scoffed, "It's so sick what these guys can do for fame and wealth! The likes of Chief Kolade Micheal, Chief Akinola Bello"

"Did you just say Chief Akinola Bello? He's among?"

"Oh he is. He likes to hide himself, he doesn't like people knowing he's a blood sucking idiot. He doesn't like to incriminate himself oh. Some of us, it's after we have died that we now know the truth. These guys won't even let us rest in peace"

"We have to get out of here"

"Good luck on that" she replied and Osas ran out of the room climbing down the stairs where she saw Adetutu walking up towards her.

"We need to get out of here" they both said in unison and Adetutu wondered why Osas said so. "What did you find out?" "Chief Akinola is involved"

"How did you find out? I just saw and overheard him and some men talking about rituals and the guards are carrying the other girls. I don't think they're themselves, maybe it was the drink" she snapped her fingers.

"Fuck! No wonder those mothefuckers took our phones from us. How did you find out?"

"I just spoke to a ghost"

"What?" Osas asked looking around, "We need to run,we need to get you out of here, even if it's just you" "We're both going" "Don't be stupid! We're going"  they both walked down the steps, as soon as they heard footsteps, they hid behind the stairs. As soon as the men left they got out walking towards the entrance and the bouncer looked down at them.

"What do you guys want?"

"We forget something inside bus"
"You can't leave"

"Why? On top twenty k way I wan collect? I go mad to run, abeg, make we carry something for bus" Osas replied and he stared at her for a while then he opened the door.  

Osas and Adetutu got out walking towards the bus, Osas observed all around for guards there was only a guard situated at the corner close to the bus, OMO JUST ONE GUARD? She didn't even care to know if there was another standing at the other side of the bus, she honestly didn't care.

It was the perfect time to make a run for it. She looked towards the gate and it was opened, she thanked the Lord Almighty, tell me this isn't from God?

"Adetutu the gate is opened" she whispered as they approached the bus. "I can see it but how are we going to get the fuck out without Uncle Bolaji here, have you notice he has a gun?"

"What if say him no load am. Base on Bini babe way we be? No be all gun be gun, some na just decorations. Babe, I no fear any gun as I dey, I prefer make them shoot me pass make person spray me as money for one wedding like that" she answered and Adetutu nodded.

"What's the plan?"

"We go beside the bus, do like say we want open am, then we go come.."

"What are you guys doing there?" The guard asked and Osas smiled at him.

The guards who were sent to get the Osas and Adetutu got down searching of them. "Have you seen two ladies?" He asked the guys at the entrance.

"We're going into the bus"  Osas answered and the man walked close to them.
"Go back into the house"

"We want carry something inside bus now"

"The bus is locked"

"Shuu? Why them come tell us make we ...." She turned towards Adetutu who was now frightened. Oga, abeg try open am for us. We forgot some things"

"Like what?"

"Pad" Osas answered and Adetutu snapped her fingers. "Yes, pads. My girlfriend here is on her period" "I can swear I saw the driver lock it" he tried opening it and Osas pushed his head against the bus and the guys groaned turning towards her in anger, "Are you normal?" He asked and Adetutu kicked him in the crotch.

Just when he was vulnerable, the two girls made a run towards the he gate.

"Stop there" The guards yelled.
Stop what? Osas asked within as she ran with all her might. Just when she got out of the gate, she heard a gun shot. She turned to see Adetutu on the floor.

She had been shot to the leg. Instinctively, she continued running then she stopped halfway the road turning towards the gate that had been locked.

"Adetutu!" She muttered catching her breathe. "Jesus, how you go do this Kain thing?"

Osas you're out of the lion's den, she heard her mind say to her.

1, you fit run save your life forget Adetutu, she fit don die

2, or you fit go back go save Adetutu way fit don die

3. Remember say possibility dey say you self fit die too

What's it going to be Osas, what's is it going to be? She asked herself placing her hands on her head.

Ah FOLABI!!!!!! She screamed within.

Wahala be like......... 🙆🙆🙆

What do you guys think Osas' choice will be?

If you were to make a choice in such situation (God forbid), will you JAPA🚶🏼‍♀️🚶🏼‍♀️🚶🏼‍♀️ or SAVE A LIFE?

Me : (singing cash app) Usain bolt run am!

Eleru gberu e

Ko malo tesumole 🤣😂

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

134 10 7
After a series of trauma from his childhood, Maduka spirals down to rock bottom. The sudden death of his estranged father thrusts him into a world of...
13.9K 2.6K 39
What is your spec? I mean those qualities you desire your future partner to possess? Definitely not being way below in the social ladder right? Espec...
210 35 8
Stephanie Darasimi Ajayi is a 27 year old freelance interior designer in Lagos, Nigeria. At that age, with no prospective husband, everyone starts to...
32.1K 7.3K 49
~~~ Teasers ~~~ "What are we going to do now?" Everyone turned towards her, the same fear that was in her eyes was also in theirs. "Who's going to d...