Heaven Waits For You

Par Leo_Izzi_Valdez

[COMPLETED] "What- what about Cas?" Dean asked, he'd watched someone very close to him sacrifice himself to... Plus

Petition to Cancel Nightmares and Daydreams
Of Course Dean Winchester Does Not Cry
Sexuality is Confusing
The Occasional Chick Flick Moment Is OK
Vampires Can Suck it (pun intended)
Dean Winchester, Better Known as the Disaster Bi

Everything is Almost Fine

232 8 1
Par Leo_Izzi_Valdez

A/N: 

Spoilers for 15x18 and everything that comes after because this is basically the finale I wished we had gotten

Also, Jack uses they/them pronouns (because of that form he fills out in 15x15)

By the way, I did use some of the dialogue from the actual scenes 

--- 

The impala drove into an empty town and parked on the side of the road. Two men and a kid, who couldn't have been older than twenty-two, stepped out. The three of them walked a little ways off and stopped in the middle of the street.

"Alright kid," said Dean, addressing the youngest among them, "You really think you can pull this off?"

Jack smiled and took in a deep breath. They closed their eyes and as they breathed out, the empty streets, the empty restaurants, the empty world around them was suddenly bustling with people once more.

They looked around at the people. None of them had any idea of what had happened that day. No one knew they had been Thanos-snapped out of existence, and that these three had saved them. That these two brothers, an angel, and their twenty-two year old technically-a-toddler kid had saved the world.

Sam turned back to Jack, "So, does this mean you're the new—" he struggled to find the right word, "I mean— what do we call you?"

"Who cares what we call them," Dean said smiling, "look, all that matters is that they got us back online."

Jack smiled to themself, happy by the praise.

"Hey, what happened to Amara ... in Chuck?" Sam asked, not wanting to be happy until he knew they had completely won.

"She's with me, we're in harmony."

"You gonna come back with us to the bunker?"

"What do you mean," Dean said quickly, "of course they're going to come back to the bunker. They're the Man With The Plan, they're Top Dog, they can do whatever they want now. Come on." Dean spoke confidently and turned towards his car.

Sam and Jack shared a look.

"You know, we'll spruce the place up, we'll get some recliners, we'll get you one of those big screen TVs," Dean continued, turning to look back at them and making a rectangle with his hands, smiling more than he had in awhile.

"Dean," Jack interrupted, "I'm not coming back home. In a way, I'm already there."

"Where?"

"Everywhere."

Dean was confused for a second, and then he realized what Jack meant.

"So you are Him," Sam asked, but it sounded more like a statement.

"I'm me," Jack smiled, "but, I know what you mean."

"What if we want to see you," Sam wasn't very happy anymore, "you know, have a beer, or whatever?"

"I'm around," Jack nodded, "I'll be in every drop of falling rain, every speck of dust that the wind blows, and in the sand, the rocks, and the sea."

"It's a hell of a time to bail," Dean said, not an ounce of joy in his demeanor anymore. "There're a lot of people counting on you. People with questions, they're gonna need answers—"

"And those answers will be in each of them. Maybe not today, but someday." Jack looked at everyone around them. "People won't need to pray to me, or to sacrifice to me. They just need to know that I'm already a part of them, and trust in that. I won't be hands on." They were smiling. "Chuck put himself in the story, that was his mistake. But," they looked at each of them, "I learned from you, my mother, Castiel, that, when people have to be their best, they can be."

Dean looked down, nodding to himself, and Sam had tears in his eyes. But they both understood.

"And that's what to believe in," Jack finished. "Well, I'm really as close as this." They put their hand on their chest, and Sam and Dean understood what they meant. Jack put their hand up, the way they always made a greeting, and with a smile said, "Goodbye."

Dean's eyes widened. Something was missing. Someone was missing. "Wait," Dean said, before Jack could turn around.

They looked at him questioningly.

"What— what about Cas?" Dean asked, he'd watched someone very close to him sacrifice himself to save the world. To save Dean. He couldn't handle the idea of the angel staying in the empty while he and Sam lived out the rest of their lives.

"Oh, don't worry," Jack said, a smile still on their face, "I'll see what I can do. I'm not letting my father rot in the empty for eternity." And it was true. Yes, they were going to be hands off, but they needed to do one last thing for their family.

Dean nodded, relieved.

Then Jack turned and walked away, disappearing in a soft flash of light.

"See ya, Jack," Sam said wistfully.

The brothers walked back to the Impala.

As soon as they were both sitting inside, Sam got a call on his phone. "It's Donna," he said surprised. He pressed answer and then brought it up to his ear. "Hey, are you ok?"

"Sam, what happened?" came her voice, "the last thing I remember was everyone disappearing, but now everyone's back. Did you win? What happened?"

Sam listened to her voice in shock. She was okay. Which meant that everyone else he had tried to save was okay too. They must've all been very confused.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah we won," Sam told her. "But it turns out it wasn't Billy."

"Then who was it?" Donna asked, clearly confused.

"God."

There was silence on the other end.

"You mean," she finally spoke slowly, "you beat God?"

Sam huffed out a laugh, "Yeah."

"Oofta," she said, trying to process the information, "How?"

"Jack," Sam said simply, "they took his power. Now Chuck is human."

"I— wow," she sounded surprised. Obviously she was surprised, Sam had just told her they'd beaten God and that now he was human. It's quite a bit of information. "So now what?"

Sam was silent for a moment. Thinking.

Finally he said, "I don't know. I guess everyone goes back to their normal lives. Or, as normal as they can get."

"Um, alright. I guess I'll tell them that everything's okay now. I'll tell them they can go home."

"Yeah, that sounds good."

"Bye, Sam."

"Bye." He hung up and turned to Dean, "I guess everyone's back."

Dean forced a smile, he still wasn't completely happy, but he didn't want Sam knowing about that. "Yeah."

"Oh!" Sam turned his phone back on and opened messages. "I should text Eileen."

"You still wanna go meet her?" Dean asked him. "I mean, if I were you I'd want to see my girlfriend after what just happened too."

Sam rolled his eyes, "Yeah actually, that'd be nice."

~*~

When they got there, Sam jumped out and almost ran to Eileen.

She was standing by her car and clearly looked stressed. "Sam, what's going on?" she asked, signing as she spoke.

"Nothing, everything's fine," he said, trying his best at signing back to her. "Well, everything's fine, now."

She looked confused, "What do you mean?"

Sam didn't respond, he just grabbed her and pulled her into a giant bear hug. (Moose hug?) He was relieved that she was alright. He was so goddamned relieved to have her back in his arms where he knew she was ok.

He had happy tears in his eyes as he pulled away to tell her what had happened.

While they spoke, Dean stood a little farther off, giving them some space. He was smiling sadly. He was happy that Sam had his girlfriend back and that Eileen was alright, but something in his chest felt hollow. Like there was something missing.

Eileen went back to the bunker with them. Sam didn't want to spend the night away from her, so he asked her to go with them and, obviously, she agreed.

Chuck had been defeated.

They were safe. 

--- 

A/N: 

Yay! Chapter one is complete! I hope you enjoyed

I will be uploading once a week

Also, I feel like it should be noted that this is also uploaded on my AO3 account under percycastiel 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

166K 9.6K 46
Dean Winchester lived a life that was understood as normal. During the day, he worked to pay rent for his shitty apartment, and during the night, he...
197K 8.4K 27
Now that Cas is human, some things are a lot harder to do, but it has is plus sides. Feelings, for one thing, are both pleasant and not pleasant, exc...
694 42 12
Dean wasn't exactly sure how he'd ended up here. Three hours earlier, his evening had been perfectly ordinary. No bars, no walls, no furious angels...
1.4K 29 26
As soon as it was done, he left. He left Dean's body and Dean left the room. He knew that he couldn't leave Cas like this, shouldn't leave Cas like t...