Dance, Dance, Drama?

Від Angel_love_vibes

After losing Nationals, Abby decides that her team needs a bit of pressure put on them: Amelia and Max. Two b... Більше

C a s t ( s o r t a ? ? )
E p i s o d e 1
F i r s t D a y
F i r s t P y r a m i d M a y b e ?
M a m a D r a m a
F a m i l y T a l k s ( a n d M a x )
A w k w a r d I n t r o d u c t i o n s
D o Y o u T r u s t M e ?
C o m p e t i t i o n C r a z i e s
E p i s o d e 2
W e E a r n T h i n g s !
Y o u J u s t W a n t A t t e n t i o n
S t u c k I n M o m m y J a i l
C h a n g e I n P l a n s
P a t h e t i c
I n T h e W i n g s
E p i s o d e 3
A b b y T a l k i n g T i m e
L a s t M i n u t e
G u e s s W h o ' s B a c k ?
G e t O u t !
E p i s o d e 4
S u r p r i s e V i s i t o r
L e t ' s D u e t
F i g h t ! F i g h t ! F i g h t !
T e n s i o n s R i s e
C a t h y I s C r a z y
E p i s o d e 5
B . S
H e r e F o r T h e D r a m a
O n e - T r i c k P o n y
P a r t n e r P r o b l e m s
I t ' s B r i t n e y
E p i s o d e 6
L e t ' s G e t S t a r t e d
W o r k i n g T o g e t h e r

A b b y K n o w s B e s t

3.6K 71 25
Від Angel_love_vibes

Amelia was standing in Studio A, waiting for Abby to start the choreography, when unexpectedly Abby asked her a question, "So you're a turner right?" Amelia wordlessly nodded unsure of what would happen, "Can you quickly show me your best combo, just so we can try to incorporate it into your solo?" Amelia quickly prepped herself, this was like another audition, and did a combo of seven ala secondes, into a few pirouettes, back into her ala secondes then to finish it off just four back attitudes, (flawlessly). Abby smiled, then regained her composure and swiveled in her chair to face Gianna, "You think we can work that in?"

Gianna, who was also stunned and was actually allow to show it, nodded and answered her boss coyly, "I think we can find some space for it," but Gianna was even more excited on the inside, someone who could turn like that could not be a one trick pony, could they? 

Upstairs in Mommy Jail, it was a bit different of a case, when the moms saw Amelia turning then showing off other tricks she had in her arsenal, it worried them for their children's spots on the team. They could only hope that she had a really bad habit, like sickled feet. Only three moms seemed to appreciate the little demonstration Amelia was putting on for Abby: Sandy, Tricia and Michelle. 

Now Sandy and Tricia made sense but Michelle was mesmerized by the fluidity of Amelia when she danced, normally she looked really stiff but it seemed as though she had let go of a weight now that she was dancing. So Michelle made a comment about it to Sandy, "She's really good, I don't think I've ever seen her look so care free," Sandy smiled despite herself, knowing that the comment was innocent, but being in this environment made her feel like it was the world against her, her daughter and her daughter's best friend. Them against the world, like it had always been.

|| I think both Amelia and Max would be great additions to the team, the only problem is getting some of the other moms to think so too! || - Michelle Georgiana 

Of course with the moms, nothing was ever innocent, someone always had something to say, some drama to stir, "So Michelle, why were you late for pyramid today? Like, we all know when pyramid is supposed to be on, so like what's more important than your daughter?" Joanne asked raising her eyebrows, not really caring about whatever answer Michelle was going to give her.

Michelle simply rolled her eyes and told Joanne that it was none of her business, which just made Joanne more intrigued. What would Michelle be doing that she felt she couldn't tell anyone?  "Oh, were you back with your friends at Studio 19?" Joanne said the name of the studio like it was poison on her tongue, which it really could've been. Joanne seemed to hate Studio 19, a lot. For no good reason.

Michelle stiffened at the sound of her old studio that caused so much drama last season, "I don't need to defend myself to you Joanne, okay? I wasn't at Studio 19 because I don't go there anymore! YOU GOT THAT! STAY OUT OF MY BUSINUESS!" Michelle got progressively more worked up the more she defended herself and ended up standing up yelling at Joanne, which was not something she wanted to do.

|| I'm stick of Joanne strutting around like a peacock! I hope Sarah or Amelia beats GiaNina at the competition this week, just to knock her down a peg! I don't even care who does it! || - Michelle Georgiana

|| Michelle has the nerve to yell at me for asking a simple question? Not today! || - Joanne Paolantonio 

"Do you see how stupid they look?" Abby pointed to the two mothers who were currently screaming at each other while she faced Amelia who had stopped for a drink, "Don't ever let your mother act like that, okay?" The young girl nodded whilst wiping sweat off of her forehead, "Because their actions don't just affect them, in this studio it affects everyone because we are a team," While Amelia understood Abby' logic in theory, in practice it didn't seem to work as well as she'd hoped.

|| Because Michelle and Joanne are screaming at each other like banshees, guess who's not gonna start their daughters solos? They need to calm down because nothing they are doing is benefiting them or their daughters positively! || - Abby Lee Miller 

Michelle and Joanne' arguing continued on for another ten minutes until it just turned into silent glares from across the staircase and the mothers thought that the arguing was over. Boy, were they wrong! As the moms had been arguing they had failed to notice that instead of stopping Amelia from dancing while they fought, like they would've with any other child, she just kept learning her solo. Actually at that point she had finished her solo, which made the moms even more mad, she had finished her solo in twenty minutes but Abby had allotted her almost two hours to finish it and they knew that Abby wasn't gonna pull her out early.

So they went for the next easiest solution: Sandy. So, they talked at Sandy attempting to make her feel bad for keeping Amelia down there with an evil, nasty woman, who would only hurt Amelia. On the inside Sandy was dying with laughter but her face only showed her in pensive thought until she eventually stood up and started to make her way downstairs without saying anything. 

|| Do these moms really think that I'm going down there to complain to Abby? I've dealt with so many crazy dance moms who want Max and Amelia to fail and I'm sure I'll deal with many more, so these guys are not getting me to do there dirty work! || - Sandy Hatchet

Sandy marched with authority down to Studio A then, politely knocked on the door. She didn't expect everyone to look so shocked when they opened the door and found that it wasn't a member of the production staff, but rather just someone mother who had enough courtesy to knock on a door. Gianna ushered the mom to Abby, where they stood, or rather Sandy stood, in the back corner of the room, and witnessed possibly the most polite conversation they had seen in a while, "Hello Abby," It already had a better start than most conversations with Abby, "I just wanted to know if I could possibly film Amelia solo, so when we go over it at home I have a reference point?" When Abby didn't respond Sandy continued, "It's fine if you're not okay with it I just know that Amelia wants to make you really proud with this solo," She finished with a satisficed smirk, looking up to the viewing room out of the corner of her eye. 

|| What is she saying? She's not supposed to say that! She's supposed to be angry! || - Joanne Paolantonio

The moms who were watching upstairs were, shocked to say the least, Sandy was definitely one of the more protective mothers and they had thought that they had gotten in her head about Abby crushing Amelia. Obviously, they had not. It was clear by looking at the moms faces who had wanted Sandy to leave, namely Joanne, Stacey and Ann, and those who wanted her and the kids she brought to stay, Tricia, Michelle and even though they had just fought Ashley.

|| More power to Sandy for not giving into some of the other moms peer pressure! || - Tricia Farrar

While the moms were silently fuming, Abby couldn't be more happy. She could sense that the moms were up to their usual tricks and Sandy hadn't fallen for them, so she quite happily allowed her to film Amelia doing her solo, if anything she encouraged her to do multiple takes. Once Sandy left Abby instructed Amelia to get the rest of her trio, as that would be the hardest number seeing as the three had never danced together.

|| If I had to pick a dance I was most worried about this week, it would be the trio. I mean Brady and Max, who make up two thirds of this dance, have never danced together before! || - Abby Lee Miller

|| It's a little awkward to have to walk out of my two hour solo practice to not grab any of the girls and instead grab the boys that are in my only other dance || - Amelia Hatchet

"So in this dance you're going to fight and bicker, and just act like siblings, okay? I want to think that the three of you guys are related," Was the first thing that Abby said to her trio when they walked into the rehearsal room, "Instead of you guys being in the group dance, I want you guys to imagine this dance as your group dance because you've been pulled from the group," Was next and added so much pressure, "Only because I think you three are stars," Which made the room tense as Abby had never explicitly stated that she thought that Amelia, Max and Brady were better than the rest of the group.

|| It feels weird when Abby tells us that we are better than the others because they are still my friends || - Brady Farrar 

Abby started to choreograph as usual, it seemed like a typical dance competition routine, until about halfway through the number she decided to have both the boys do standing back tucks, which Max was fine with, Brady not so much. He got the right amount of height, his technique for it was fine but he could never stick the landing, which was kind of important. He always put his hands down at the last moment. Every time they got to that part of the dance Tricia would freeze up, worried for Brady, but she refused to say anything about it because she knew Brady really wanted to dance with both Max and Amelia.

|| Every time I see Brady doing that goddamn back tuck I'm waiting for him to fail and break his neck! I don't understand how Sandy is so calm with letting Max do one! || - Tricia Farrar

They went to run through the dance one last time, that's when Amelia was hit. In the beginning of the dance, Amelia is reading a book and Max comes in and takes it from her, he then throws it over her head for Brady to catch. Except, Brady doesn't catch it this time, in fact it doesn't even make it to Brady instead it nailed Amelia in the forehead. 

|| Oh no! || - Max Fevoro

The girl was quiet for a moment, both of the boys were in shock, waiting for her to react. The moms upstairs were silent as well, having seen the incident. The reaction they were expecting was not the reaction they got. Instead of crying or yelling Amelia just burst out laughing. And her laugh was infectious, soon everyone else in the room was laughing to.

|| I know that Max didn't mean to hit me in the head with a book, so no harm, no foul || - Amelia Hatchet

It was nearing the end of the rehearsal hours for the team and Abby had only run Amelia solo and the trio, no group dance, none of the other solo, in fact Abby didn't even plan on teaching any of them today she was having too much fun working with Max, Amelia and Brady. She had spent so much time doing drama filled choreo that she had forgotten what it was like to have a nice, pleasant rehearsal without yelling and crying. The only time she even brought the other kids into the rehearsal room was for a thirty minute technique class and to quickly listen to the song they'd be using for the group dance.  The moms were rightfully upset but decided that they would bring it up when they were all together tomorrow.

|| I think my kids will either have so much fun or never want to this studio after this week || - Sandy Hatchet      

New update!!!!!!!! WOO! Sorry for the inconsistency of my updates, but school has been kicking my ass and my education does come first. But I am now in a two week break so, yay! So anyway, the nepotism appears! We all know Abby has favourite but don't worry, Max and Amelia won't get everything handed to them, I swear!  Question: Who is your favorite mom friendship in this book? Please remember to:

Vote

Comment

And Follow!

Peace Out Girl (and other) Scouts!

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

239K 3.6K 65
❝i am expecting you to be flawless❞ the weight of expectation gathered on your shoulders will forever be your downfall. ⳹ ⳾ ︒⸼ 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀�...
90.8K 3.1K 25
in which two childhood best friends reunite and find themselves with new feelings.
Dance is my life Від Kaira Schwengler

Підліткова література

326K 10K 45
My school is bursting with huge egotistical dancers. Not all dancers have huge egos but I swear everyone here does and that's not even the worst part...
12.4K 122 35
Fresh off of winning their second straight National Title, The Abby Lee Dance Company enter the 2012-13 dancing season ready to make it three straigh...