New beginnings

By luton1983

Caitlin is new to town. What happens when she meets Barry who pushes all her buttons? More

Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
Thank you
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33

19

77 4 6
By luton1983

Caitlin was getting ready for the party, which was being thrown to celebrate their hospital. She had opted to wear a full length, navy blue gown, combined with dark makeup seeing as it was evening, and dark colours suited the evening.  She had heard through the grapevine that Barry was ok, and just concentrated on her work. She was dying to talk to Barry, but he had broken her trust and she didn't know how to approach him or if she could forgive him. She finished putting the finishing touches to her look and headed off to her bosses house. They were each other's dates.

"Caitlin, you look beautiful"

"Thanks sir. You don't look bad yourself. Shall we go?"

Barry was at the party, keeping an eye on the door. He heard Caitlin was coming, and wanted to try and use this opportunity to talk to her. He was bored stiff, as soon as he and his mum had entered he was surrounded by girls trying their luck with him. He was trying to be polite and let them down gently. Their was only one girl for him, he just hopped he hadn't blown it with her.

"Not here yet, I assume?"

"No mum, she isn't. What if she's changed her mind and decides not to come?"

"What does your heart tell you?"

"Mum, is this really the best time to be taking about that?"

"Humour me"

"My heart says she'll definitely come"

"Well looks like you're heart was tight"

Barry looked at his mum as she pointed to the centre of the room. Barry felt his jaw dropping. He felt like he was watching a vision. The crowd parted as Caitlin and his dad entered. Barry couldn't stop staring. Caitlin was a vision in her navy blue gown. He watched as she mingled with the other guests, with erase.

"Barry, she looks absolutely beautiful"

"I know " Barry proudly said

"Well, what are you doing here talking to your dear old mum for? Go talk to her"

"Do you think I should after everything?"

"Don't tell me your having second thoughts. Your eyes have been glued to the door, ever since we arrived, waiting for her to arrive. And now that she has your chickening out? I get it Barry, she's upset and angry. And she has every right to be, I can't believe what you did but that doesn't mean she doesn't love you"

"How do you know?"

"I'm a mother. I know more then you think. She keeps stealing glances your way when she thinks nobody's watching, but I see it all. She wants to talk to you, but she's still upset and angry"

"Do you think I should talk to her?"

"Go and get her. And don't you dare do anything like that again. I raised you better then that"

Barry kissed his mum's cheek and ran to find Caitlin. Caitlin saw Barry coming and ran away. Barry chased after her and found her on the balcony.

"Is this how it's going to be from now on?"

"Well after what you did, are you surprised?"

"Look, I said I'm sorry. What else do you want from me?"

"Sorry? You really think a sorry is enough? Sorry won't undo the hurt and pain you've caused me"

"What else can I do?"

"Nothing. It's over"

"Meaning?"

"Whatever this thing was between us, it's done. Finished"

"Why are you saying this?" questioned Barry with tears in his eyes

"Because Barry I'm letting you go"

"What if I don't want to go?"

"Barry, I have to let you go. I need time to heal after everything. I'm not selfish enough to keep you waiting for me, when I don't know if I'll ever be able to trust you again"

"You don't mean that"

"Barry, it's the age old saying. If you love something set it free, if it comes back it's yours, if it doesn't it was never yours in the first place"

"Your going to punish me this much for my one stupid mistake"

"I'm not punishing you. I'm letting you go. I have to do this Barry. I have to let you go"

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 723 22
Barry is a prince becoming King. Caitlin is a girl that comes from a nice and a little wealthy family. When Caitlin's older sister is to meet the pri...
19.8K 286 17
It about Snowbarry. Caitiln need help from Barry to pretend to be her boyfriend while not knowing they both have feeling for each other.
21.6K 440 27
Barry and Caitlin have been friends for quite some time. In high school Barry starts to admire Caitlin. Does she admire him. Both Barry and Caitlin a...
44K 1.4K 24
After tragedy strikes, Caitlin Snow feels the need to go back to her hometown to build herself back together again. She doesn't know yet that, in ord...