Falling, Fallen

By nomane123

Your name is Raquel (Rachel) Volkov. Your life hasn't been easy. You watched your parents die when you were f... More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Sequel

Chapter 20

246 7 2
By nomane123

RAQUEL'S POV

"Wake up sleeping beauty!" Yelled Bucky.

"Did you learn nothing from the last time you woke me up like this!" I teased. I was in a particularly good mood today, I was talking to Pietro and telling him everything!

"You've got a mission!" I sighed in frustration, I guess I'd have to wait to tell Pietro how I felt. "The briefing is in five minutes, be ready!"

I got changed as quickly as I could and took an Advil to help with my hangover. As I got to the meeting room I noticed that the only people there were now, Tony, Steve, Pietro, and Wanda.

"Where's the rest of the team?" I asked.

"The mission is only for you and the twins" Tony stated.

"Are you crazy! You do realize that I've never gone on a mission before, right?"

"You'll be okay. The mission is simple, you are going to go to an event and try to identify any HYDRA members, if you spot them you aren't supposed to engage." Steve explained.

It sounded simple enough, "When are we leaving?"

"Right now, the event is tonight. The jet will take you to Germany and you'll be provided with everything you need once you arrive." Tony explained.

"The jet is already ready, you'll be leaving in five!" Steve added.

I was really nervous about the mission, it seemed easy and not at all dangerous but still. I was a bit upset about having to hold back my talk with Pietro, all I wanted to do was tell him how I feel.

I was about to leave the meeting room when Pietro stopped me, we were the only ones left. "Hey! What's up?" I asked.

"I just... I really wanted to talk to you about that night," I was really nervous that he would say that he only saw me as a friend, or that we should just leave it like it is now.

I bit my lips nervously, wringing my hands together wondering what to say, "Trust me when I say I want to talk, but right now, we should focus on the mission, I don't want to mess it up," I said. A look of disappointment washed over both our faces, I stepped forward and took his hand in mine. He gave me a reassuring smile and squeezed my hands before letting go and walked out of the door, swinging it shut only to open it again.

"Come on shorty, aren't you coming" he teased smirking. I chuckled and followed him to the jet.

(TIME JUMP)

Pietro sighed for the third time that minute, earning a glare from Wanda. He pressed his lips in a thin line and started tapping his foot impatiently as Wanda let out a groan. I couldn't really blame him for being impatient - at least not this time, we had been standing outside of the gate for over fifteen minutes now. The guard still wasn't convinced that we had been invited.

The three of us were dressed up - Wanda and I in long fancy dressed and Pietro in a suit - to attend an auction held at Han Schneider's house. We were going in undercover, we all found that exciting. However, the party that we definitely hadn't anticipated was having to wait outside the gate for so long, as the guard checked our fake IDs over and over again.

I pressed my lips into a thin line in frustration as the man smiled, allowing other guests to go past us.

"I'm sorry but there seems to be a problem with your invitation," the guard said with a rather stupid look of confusion on his face. There was nothing wrong with the card. He must have thought I was just as stupid and ignorant as the rich people marching up the well-groomed lawn, wearing their best jewelry and expensive dresses.

I crossed my arms over my chest and forced a smile on my lips as a couple walked past us and into the house.

"Henry!" said a young man, he was one or two years older than me, as he stepped out of the house. "Why have they been waiting outside for so long? Mother is very worried. Is something wrong?"

"There's some trouble with their cards, it's-"

Before the guard could finish his sentence, the boy grabbed one of our cards and checked it out. "I don't see anything wrong with it," he said to the oddly scared-looking guard before turning to us. "Why don't you come in?"

He held out his arm towards me with one of those charming smiles that rich boys always seemed to have, the smiles that made a girl's heart melt. I, however, was already making a list of all the ways I could escape.

Unfortunately for me, this was an undercover mission and I needed to act my part out well. So, plastering an acceptable smile on my face, I took his arm and let him lead me inside.

I shot a glance over my shoulder towards Wanda and Pietro. They both had different- but equally hilarious- expressions on their faces. Wanda looked like she was trying not to laugh, and I had a feeling it was because of Pietro's expression. He had a look of pure shock written on every feature of his face.

The boy introduced himself as Micheal Schneider, Han Schneider's son. And well, let's just say he was just as stupid as I thought he would be. Good looks on the outside, nothing much going on on the inside.

After a few minutes of mindless chatter from him, I managed to somehow start a conversation with an old man who seemed all too eager to talk. I quickly excused myself and the man nodded, keeping a firm grasp on Micheal's arm as I took the chance to escape and headed towards Pietro who had a rather annoyed look on his face.

"What's up grumpy pants?" I asked, poking his arm once to get his attention.

"I do not like this," he said, the frown only getting deeper. I followed his gaze and laughed when I saw Wanda dancing with another boy.

"Oh, grow up, Maximoff," I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him to the dance floor.

"I thought we were on a mission?" He asked, trying not to look too surprised.

"We are," I nodded. "But we have to do something to keep our cover secure. That and I also don't want to spend another second talking to that guy." I whispered while throwing a look over to where Micheal stood with a panicked look as the man talked on and on while occasionally bursting into hysterical laughter.

As a song- not a slow one and not exactly a fast one either- started up on the speakers, I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck, while watching closely for a reaction. Though my heart was beating fast in my chest and a part of my brain was screaming at me to wait until the mission was over, I couldn't help myself.

There had been some tension between us since the night he helped me. I knew both of us wanted to talk but I just kept saying that there would come a perfect time for us to talk.

Maybe now was a perfect time.

I almost laughed at the way he was awkwardly trying to keep his eyes anywhere but on my face. He failed terribly.

"You know," he mumbled. "You look great tonight."

"You clean up nice too, Road Runner," I said, earning a small laugh from him.

"You and your nicknames," he laughed teasingly.

We swayed on the spot for a couple more minutes and as the seconds passed, I found myself getting closer and closer to him until I could finally feel his breath on my face. I tilted my head up and my lips brushed into him for a brief moment. Pietro pressed his lips to mine and for a moment, it felt like we were the only two people in the room.

"Do you see that?" Wanda's voice interrupted the two of us and we quickly pulled away.

"See what?" I asked, sucking in a deep breath as I tried to calm my racing heart. I turned over to where Wanda stood alone now. "Wanda, what's wrong?"

"Two men have been following that guy around since he got here," Wanda explained, inclining her head towards the opposite side of the room where a man in a dark grey suit stood, holding a flute of champagne in his hand.

She was right. Oddly enough, two men followed him as he walked. I couldn't make out his face from the direction he was facing but for some reason, he looked familiar.

"What?" Pietro asked, following me as I walked in the man's direction.

"I think I know him," I replied slowly.

"We can't blow our covers now," Pietro mumbled softly, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"We don't have to," I whispered.

"Rachel?" Wanda asked, worry slipping into her tone. "What do you mean?"

"He already knows we're here," I finished my sentence just as the man turned around, his grey eyes meeting mine.

I turned away immediately- though that might have been a poor action from my side- and grabbed Pietro's hand almost instinctively. My eyes were already scanning the room and the more I looked, the more people I found who didn't seem to fit in quite right.

"We need to go," I whispered tugging at his hand and grabbing Wanda's arm on the way.

"What about the mission?" Wanda asked.

"If we stay here, we are dead," I mumbled, rounding around a group of laughing women and ignoring their glares when we bumped into them.

"Wait, do you know him? Pietro asked after staying uncharacteristically quiet for a while.

"Long story," I answered, finally stopping in front of the back door, which I had planned to be our escape route just in case something went wrong. I stepped out of the food first, my eyes scanning for any threats.

Once it was clear, the three of us quickly walked down the road and headed into an alleyway. Pietro opened the lid of a dumpster and pulled out a large plastic bag we had stored there earlier. He threw a pair of shoes to Wanda who quickly swapped them for her heels. He dug into the bag again and handed me a gun.

The sound of approaching footsteps caught our attention and the three of us exchanged a look before getting ready.

"You sure we can't run?" Pietro whispered.

"Not anymore," I mumbled. "Running would increase the chances of us getting shot."

I pressed my back against the wall, gun held close to my chest, and glanced at the twins. They gave me a nod and I rounded around the corner, gun pointed straight at the man with grey eyes.

A small laugh escaped his lips. "Is that how you greet your uncle after... how long has it been?" He asked, frowning. "Three? Almost four years? Look how you've grown!

Pietro and Wanda stepped out of the alley and stood behind me, identical looks of confusion and shock written on their faces. He glanced up once he saw the twins and I took his slight distraction to try and hit him with a car I was moving with my mind.

He somehow turned some kind of shield and looked at me, I was in shock. "Unfortunately, we don't have time for a reunion," he said, pulling something out of his pocket, "We have work to do."

He dropped the small device to the ground. And right when it hit the surface, a high-pitched sound emitted from it causing me to let go of the gun and press my hands against my ears in pain. My legs buckled under me and my knees hit the ground hard but I kept my hands pressed against my ears as the sound only seems to get louder and louder.

I pulled my hands away and glanced down at them, eyes wide when I saw the dark, crimson blood that stained them. I reached up and gingerly touched my ear again only to wince and pull away when it stung. I could feel the blood trickle its way down from my ears slowly.

I completely collapsed, Wanda and Pietro were already passed out. The last thing I heard was my uncle's voice, "Leave the girl and take the boy and my niece to the van." 

My vision started getting blurry until I eventually passed out.

What was I going to do?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

904 49 5
When Natasha notices that she is starting to develop feelings for Wanda Maximoff, she doesn't want to admit it to herself. "Love is for children", th...
26K 1.1K 28
Eliza Erudite remembers very little of that day. She remembers the walk to the bakery, and she remembers the pastries she bought to cheer her brother...
49.1K 1.8K 13
π˜ˆπ˜œπ˜šπ˜›π˜Œπ˜™π˜Œ ── ˒ᡗᡉʳⁿ αΆœα΅’Λ‘α΅ˆ ⁱⁿ α΅ƒα΅–α΅–α΅‰α΅ƒΚ³α΅ƒβΏαΆœα΅‰ α΅ƒβΏα΅ˆ ᡐᡃⁿⁿᡉʳ. α—’ 𝙱𝙾𝙾𝙺 πšƒπš†π™Ύ 𝙾𝙡 πšƒπ™·π™΄ π™°πš‰πš„πšπ™΄ πš‚π™΄πšπ™Έπ™΄πš‚ πŸ•ΈοΈ π™Ώπ™°πšπšƒ 𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝙾𝙡 πšƒπ™·π™΄ πš‚π™Ώπ™Έπ™³...
24.2K 665 22
The story of the daughter of Tony Stark and an exceptionally fast Sokovian boy, Y/n Stark and Pietro Maximoff. Can he adjust to the idea of moving sl...