Help Me Fall

By fairysgore

In an attempt to set her life straight, Venessa allowed her parents to take the initiative and enrolled her i... More

help me fall
character aesthetics
playlist
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen

chapter six

771 25 31
By fairysgore

[song - afraid by the neighborhood]

I sat next to Ryan with Kira behind us in Math that day, wasn't so bad. Except for the fact that Kira kept asking Ryan for the answers and when she claimed not to know, Kira kept kicking my chair until I aknowledged her. I spent most of the lesson helping her, not that I minded. I understood everything that we were doing.

Madame Evelyn was my French teacher. She was very intimidating and gorgeous. She treated everyone with respect and expected the same. Although the class may have been long, she somehow made it fun.

Much to my despair, it was time for lunch. Which meant that everyone had to walk almost halfway across campus to eat. I had about half a mind to ditch and hide in the bathroom. But, somehow, Blake managed to find me among the crowded halls and dragged me to lunch.

The dining hall was chaotic, as per usual. They served pizza. I couldn't bring myself to have a slice, despite my stomach's endless growling, I settled for a bottle of water.

Blake led me outside of the dining hall with his tray in hand. Under a big tree sat everyone else - except Percy and Ryan. The grass we sat on was cut short and healthy. It spread over most of the terrain. A few large trees were scattered here and there with other groups under them.

"Look who I found." Blake said proudly and dropped himself next to Tristan. I sat next to Kira and Tristan whilst I rested my back against the trunk of the tree.

I watched in agony as Blake and Kira devoured their greasy, fattening, goodness. I chugged down more of my water, trying to suppress my stomach's complaints.

"Hey Venessa, are you on some type of diet? I’ve barely seen you eat." Tristan asks while prodding at his salad.

"No," I wouldn't call it a diet.

"Then?" He pressed.

"I'm not the biggest fan of pizza." I lied.

Kira let out a strangled cry. "You're not what? What is wrong with? Is it 'cause you're British?"

"What does being British have to do with anything?" I frowned.

"Ha!" Blake barked out a laugh. "She said Bri - ish!"

"I don't know. British people are so different, you know?"

"I- okay?"

We saf in comfortable silence until Ryan joined us with a heavy sigh.

"Hey you, how'd it go with Bev?" Kira questioned.

"How did you know I was talking Bev?" She looked at Kira with a frown.

"I saw you leave the dining hall with her. Now spill, what did she want?"

"She asked me out." She said calmly.

"And?"

"I said no." She shrugged.

"Were you at least nice about?" Kira laughed.

"I think so."

"I don't get it." Tristan huffed, obviously frustrated. "Why do all the hot girls ask you out? You don't even like girls."

"Dunno, guess I'm the better looking twin." She smirked, annoying him even further.

"I mean, Ryan does vibe off the vibe, you know?." Ryan rolled her eyes. "I know it's bad to assume but I don't know. Maybe people's gaydars are of or something." She shrugged and waved her hand in a dismissing manner.

"Gaydar? What's that?"

"It's like," Blake paused. "A 'vibe' you get from another person as a queer person yourself. It's not always accurate, it's just how you interpret that person, I guess."

I didn't even know that that was a thing.

"Do I have a gaydar?' Tristan asked, frowning.

"Hm, I don't know." He looked at Kira. "Can straight people have gaydars?"

She shrugged. "I have no idea."

"So, this Bev girl's gaydar is like way off, right?" I asked.

Ryan nodded.

"Don't you worry, Tristan. You'll always be the hotter twin to me." Blake held Tristan's face in his hands. "Like, why do you need validation from silly girls when you've got me. Now give me a kissy." He tackled him into a hug and started making kissing noises.

Tristan cursed whilst struggling under him.

"Ignore them. This always happens." Kira rolled her eyes.

"Damn, Woods, I knew your sister was into girls but I didn't think that you was a queer too." A new voice suddenly chimed in. "I guess its a family illness."

Tristan quickly shoved Blake off him and sat up. Standing not too far from us was this really big guy. With muscles on muscles, his hair was cropped short and his face was twisted into a sneer.

With him were two other guys who looked like smaller versions of him, one uglier and one slightly less ugly.

"Go away, Gerald. No one wants you here." Kira sighed.

"Shut up, Lee. Shouldn't you be doing studying or some shit." He sneered making his posey cackle.

“Yo, Woods, why so silent? Cat got your tongue or are you too busy thinking about getting some alone time with Blake. ” One of the uglier guys snickered.

What the fuck kinda name is Gerald?

His ears were red and lowered his head, avoiding everyone's gaze.

Blake suddenly stood and stared the guy, Gerald, down. “Fuck off.” He said in a threatening tone.

“Or what? You’ll dick me down like you do with Woods over here.” Gerald took a step forward.

“I just might, I bet you'd like that wouldn't you?” Gerald paled as Blake got closer. “Keep running that mouth of yours and I’ll put it to good use.”

Gerald turned red and stepped back. “W-what?” His mouth hung open in shock. “You guys are fucked up.” He scurried away with his entourage.

Silence. Uncomfortable silence.

"Tristan-" Ryan started off but is cut off.

"I have to go. See you guys later." He stood and practically ran away. Abandoning his salad.

"Tristan wait!" Blake called after him. "Bye guys." He said before running after him.

More silence. Awkward silence.

"Who's Bev?" I asked randomly.

"Really?" Kira looked at me before chuckling. Ryan also cracked a smile.

"Not that it matters or anything, I'm just curious." I shrugged sheepishly.

Kira looked around before pointing at a group of girls. "Over there. The ginger."

"Is she crying?" I stared at the girl who has her face buried into her hands while the girls around patted her back.

"Probably. Ryan, I thought you were nice about it.." She rolled her eyes.

"Oh well." She sighed. "Do you think he'll be okay?"

"Tristan? Totally, he's a tough cookie and he's got Blake and us." Kira reassured.

"Does this happen a lot?"

"No, not really. Gerald is just an ass. Many people don't understand their friendship they think they're together. And even if they were it shouldn't be anyone's business." Ryan explained. "I don't like girls by the way. Just in case you were wondering.

"Oh I wasn't- okay." I laughed awkwardly.

"Let's get going, hoes. Three more hours and we're done for the day." Kira announced.

-

Once in the comfort of our room, Kira and I simultaneously launched ourselves onto our beds. The school day was finally over and I was exhausted. Keeping my eyes open through my last period was a mission. Until Percy waltzed in late. He had everyone's eyes on him but the teacher paid him no mind and carried on with the lesson.

I kept throwing subtle glances at him. He didn't seem to be paying much attention. His eyes were trained on the window beside him.

I hadn't realized that I was full on staring until his eyes met mine. A blush crept its way into my cheeks but I didn't look away and neither did he. We held each other's gazes until the teacher called for me to answer a question. I gave a detailed response making him smile.

When we gor dismissed and I lost Percy among the mass of seemingly identically dressed bodies. Only to see him again in the central commune tapping away at his phone while Blake chatted his ear off.

Blake's hair was not tied. The ends just touching his shoulders. He was so pretty. He seemed frustrated though, his slender fingers kept working their way through his locks.

Percy wasn't any different. The scowl that seemed to be always gracing his features was deeper, wrinkling the skin above his eyebrows. I wanted to reach over and smooth it out with my fingers.

"What's got you guys so worked up?" Kira sat down on the couch next to Blake. Meaning I had to sit alongside Percy.

To avoid any awkwardness I perched myself on the far end of the couch.

"Vince."

"Who's Vince?" I questioned.

"None of your business."

"A band mate." Blake and Percy spoke at the same time but I chose to ignore Percy.

"You're in a band?"

"Yes ma'am." He grinned. "Guess what I play?"

"Bass."

He gasped dramatically. "How did you know?"

"Bassists are hot." I shrugged.

"My oh my Venessa, what are you trying to say?" He wriggled his eyebrows at me.

"Shut up, you dork." I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but smile. "Your fingers."

He looked at me in confusion.

"The pads of your fingers are calloused. I'm guessing from playing guitar."

The two stared at me with wide eyes. Percy's curious gaze burned at the side of my head.

"How did you–" Kira tired to ask.

"He made me hold his hand earlier."

"Christ, who are you? Sherlock Holmes?" She cracked me a smile.

"No, just observant."

Blake looked at me in awe. "You're amazing."

"Thanks?" I laughed awkwardly.

"I'm going to have to disagree with you though, drummers are way sexier than guitarists." Kira stated.

"And I disagree with you on that." I countered. "Drummers come in at a close second but I guess sometimes they're hotter. Who's your drummer?"

"Me," Percy said coolly.

I turned to him and scan his face. The scowl vanished now replaced with a blank stare. His hooded eyes looked at me in curiosity. The mess that he called hair was unkempt and almost blocking his eyes from view. I could make out a lean build under his white tee. He was undeniably attractive. And he knew it, which kinda ruined it.

"Are you done undressing me with your eyes?" A small smirk was played at his lips.

"I-I wasn't-" I tried to defend myself but failed.

"Sure." He turned back to his phone.

Kira and Blake were arguing over which roll was hotter and didn't seem to notice the interaction between us.

"So, what kind of music do you guys make?" I asked after clearing my throat.

"I guess, you could say alternative rock but we like to mix it up from time to time. Percy's our songwriter." He said proudly.

"Cool," No way. "I'm guessing this Vince guy is your singer?"

"Yeah, he's voice is fucking amazing."

"He's also extremely attractive." Kira added.

"He's an ass." Percy said.

"He's also your brother, shut up." Blake rolled his eyes.

Brother? The thought of Percy having siblings had never crossed my mind.

"Doesn't make him less of an ass." He sighed.

"Percy don't be rude." Kira chided. "Don't listen to him, Vince is a great guy."

"As long as he's not like Mr sunshine here then I'll take your word for it." I smiled.

Percy simply glared at me and ignored it.

"You should come see us play sometime. I'll get you front row seat tickets for free." Blake winked at me.

"You can't do that." Percy said.

"Hush. I'm trying to make the pretty girl fall for me." He scowled and Kira shoved his arm.

"I'd love to come." I laughed.

"Yes it's working!" He grinned triumphantly.

Kira and I burst into fits of laughter and from the corner of my eye I could see Percy's mouth twitch upwards.

author's note:

tysm for all 400 reads. your support is very much appreciated!!

comment | vote | share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342 16 8
π’žπ’Άπ“‰π’Άπ“π’Ύπ“ƒπ’Ά π‘…π‘œπ’Ήπ“‡π’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ‘’π“ Her last name was a curse she thought. Everywhere she went someone would recognise her or scream her name in hope...
285K 6.8K 45
We all have secrets. But the question is... What are they? Her father hates her. Her mother's dead. Only option seems to be is to get far away right...
792K 16K 73
{π˜‰π˜–π˜–π˜’ π˜›π˜žπ˜– π˜–π˜ π˜›π˜π˜Œ π˜“π˜–π˜π˜Œπ˜“π˜Œπ˜šπ˜š π˜›π˜™π˜π˜“π˜–π˜Žπ˜ } The perfect picture of elegance. It's all Violet Amory's known - the foundation of the...
323K 6.9K 68
[COMPLETE] 18+ (but if you're not 18, I won't tell on you) --- It had been a mistake. It had all happened so fast. The look on her parents' faces whe...