And Then She Was Gone

By CerrahQuack

A perfectly planned and coordinated cross country trip sends a young woman's world spiraling out of control w... More

The Departure
Goodbye Alex
Heading West
Small Town Vibes
Coffee For Two
So Awkward
So What's The Game Plan?
Forward Down The Path!
Adapt and Overcome
Into The Wolves Den
Old Friends
Your Color Lacks Conviction
Tell Me More...
One Condition
On Our Terms
Happily Ever After
Sharing Spaces
The Guest Of Honor
Did He...?
Check Mate
A Challenge
Alpha Mathias
A Tense Exchange
Let Me Explain
Ground Rules
Candelit Dinner
Night Night
An Exercise
Cleanse Yourself
Hush
Time For A Lesson
The Mess Hall
A Change of Pace
Submit
A Fresh Start
Barbie Girl
Missing Pieces
Ying and Yang
A Compromise
The Beast
A Storms Coming
An Irregularity
Gentle Hands
Can We Go Already?
Home Sweet Home
More Chocolate Please
You're Beautiful
What Happened?
So Now You Need Me?
Baby Steps
Carried Off To Sea
Testing The Formula
What's the problem?
You Wont
Wounded Pride
A New Assignment
You Called Her?
A Fresh Start
Building The Foundation
Some Time Apart
Ill Be Waiting
A Long Day
Don't Make Me Change My Mind
Patience
It Takes Two To Tango
Gal Pals
Mathias: The Beginning
Pay Attention To Me
A Hard Lesson
Mine
It's all bullshit, right?
Little Wolf
The Alphas Kryptonite
Pick One
Hope
Disappointed Expectations
Routine Followup
She Took The Stairs
Thoroughly Spent
The Alphas Best Friend
Home
Time To Change
House Warming
A New Routine
A Surprise
Tease
A Blonde, A Brunette and a Red Head Walked Into a Bar...
We Meet Again
Eat Your Words
Mr. Sensitive
You're So Annoying
Girl Time
The Domino Effect
Fractured
The Betas Dilemma
New Developments
Measured Steps
I Got You
Whats Happening?
Alpha Mathias: July 1763- Trouble
Recovery
You Need To Wake Up
The Past Meets The Present
Running Theories
The Rumor Mill
The Mad Queen
Set In Motion
Phone Date
Package Received
Elena: July 1763
An Error Of Dissociation
Internal Struggle
A Heavy Burden
A Perfect Night
First Watch
You're Not Forgiven
Destiny
A Firsthand Account
Baby Sitting Detail
The Perfect Storm
It's Over
Recuperation
Battle Ready
Green With Envy
An Alternative Perspective
Growing Pains
Show Me
Boys are from Mars, Girls are from Venus
You Win Some, You Lose Some
Tangled Webs
Divided Interests
The Lazy Luna
Party Crasher
The Lunas Guard
The Missing Piece
Communication
Thank You
It Puts The Lotion On The Skin
The Love Of A Mate

A Slight Delay On Pay Day

425 28 1
By CerrahQuack

"Get dressed." she said sharply, her gold eyes flickering over to his reflection in the mirror, her angled view showing him slumped over on the edge of the bed with his head hanging low. Her stare diverting as she finished applying the deep red lipstick to her plump lips, only to quickly return to his frame in the reflective glass.

"I cannot do this." he said quietly with a shake of his head, not even having the energy to raise his head, defeat clearly worn all over his person.

"It wasn't a request. Get up, and get dressed." her words filled with venom as she placed the lipstick tube back down on the counter and began to fuss with the elegantly styled hair on top of her head. She rapidly drafted a plan with what little time she was provided and had a stylist come assemble her hair elegantly in a curled up-do which had spirals spilling out to frame her face. Another member of the entourage had brought three cuts of dresses for her choosing and rapidly tailored her choice to her bodies measurements. She looked stunning.

Her dress was a vibrant red, a single shoulder covered with a thick elegant embroidered lace strap, leaving her left shoulder bare where she could proudly show off her mates mark, despite finding him to be entirely lacking in the moment.  The fabric tightly clung to her form before the dresses long length loosened and gave her legs a reprieve from its snug fit, descending down to her ankles, a deep slit on one side teasing a show of her toned legs all the way up to her mid thigh. Black strapped heels allowed a peek of her pedicured toes, and gave her the additional needed height for the men she was about to encounter who would all tower over petite figure.

She was going to paint a picture. She was going to be the belle of the ball and the damsel in distress, and she would make the Shaded Mountain pack alpha look like a jaded lover to which she freed herself from. Her gold eyes accentuated and somewhat softened ironically with the sultry smoky makeup look in effect. It was going to be an easy part for her to play, as eyes would focus and consequently ears would deafen.

His head slowly rose and vacant eyes looked over to her, a deep purple surrounding his right eye, and dried blood still trailing below his nose and lips. He was now numb to the pain sensation, he had become numb to everything. Even as he slowly stood, his bruised ribs and arms did not give way to any signs of distress emitted from his lips as he slowly walked over to the closet in search of an suitable outfit to wear.

"I'm sure you understand why I was upset with you earlier." she said from in front of the mirror as she sprayed a subtle floral perfume on the insides of her wrists and then neck. "But I forgive you.. "

"Thanks." he said blankly, as he stepped into black dress pants slowly, and then began rummaging for an appropriate shirt, opting for a matching red as he knew she would make him change if they did not appear unified.

"You need to be stronger, and not let him take over." she said, her eyes flickering over to him as he began to button the shirt,a small smile of satisfaction brewing on her lips as her eyes scoured his still exposed skin, their shade darkening lightly with a lust behind them.

"I know..." his voice growing quieter with each response, as he was tucking the shirt into the pants and affixing a belt before pursuing a tie.

"I don't want you talking tonight, unless necessary. Do not feed into any conversation directed towards you. They will try because they know how much I cherish you." she said walking over to him slowly, her hands grabbing gently at his sides allowing her fingernails to scratch at his skin through the shirt.

"Do you?" he questioned, his blue eyes weak as he looked down at her gold eyes and saw her deceiving gentle smile.

"Do I, what?" she asked back with slightly furrowed brows her head tilting to the side further probing his question.

"Cherish me?" he asked back deeply, as if he himself did not believe it.

"You're my world. It will get better." she said softly a hand raising to his cheek to gently caress his skin, her thumb gently rubbing over the purple skin beneath his eye. "Once this is settled, we will be in bliss, my love. We just cannot have errors like earlier, we have to be strong. You have to be strong." she said rising to her toes and gently placing a kiss on his lips. "We're so close..." she whispered, closing in the distance between them. "Please do not be angry at me for being passionate about wanting us to be together. You are everything I have ever wanted. I would do anything for you."

"Then stop fucking hurting me." he said bitterly, walking away from her gentle touches with a shake of his head. "Because the next time I leave... You will never find me." he spat out, finding his backbone as he descended back into the closet in search of shoes.

"You wont leave me." she said lowly. "We're meant to be together. Until the end of time." her eyes darkening as she felt an anger resurge within her.

"I left once. I can do it again." he said briskly, walking out of the closet with his shoes and a pair of dress socks in hand.

"I'm going to pretend that you did not, just in fact, threaten me.." she said looking to the side, before her eyes stared intensely at the back of his head as he walked over to the bed. "Just this once. To show you how much I immensely care about you and your well being. Do not take my kindness for granted."

"Love you too." he scoffed as he placed on his socks and then his shoes. She taking the opportunity to quickly walk over and straddle him as soon as his hands were free, fluffing her dress around them before her hand delved into his groin.

"Don't forget the way only I can make you feel." she whispered lowly into his ear as her other hand began to run her nails along his scalp.

He sighed out in frustration, ignoring the sensation on his scalp, and his eyes staring at the wall in clear displeasure. "You know what the nice thing is about having a dick?" he said looking back at her with angry blue eyes. "You can't fucking make me do anything I don't want or feel like doing."

"Is that right?" she questioned with a sultry air, as her fingers continued to delicately grope at his flaccid member, her hot breath seeping into his neck as she placed large wet kisses on his skin followed by gentle nips. He tried to push her off but her grip on his hair tightened and her thighs clenched tightly against his, making him eat his own words as she felt the growth within her fingertips. "I think, you do want it." she whispered into his ear. "You could never resist me..." she smirked before she bit at his ear lobe and he clenched his eyes shut trying to block out the eruption of sensations she was producing in him. "Because you're mine, my love. You always will be... until the end of time." she said before she pushed his upper body down on the bed. "Looks like we'll have to be late so I can remind you of that." her dark voice called out to his ears as she began to undo the pants he had just fastened.

-----

Jacob, Mark and Cane sat to the right of the chair on the far end of the table in the conference room, while Jason stood by the window with a glass of scotch in his hand idly sifting through his phone. In solidarity with the Shaded Mountain pack was Alpha Lucio from New York and Alpha Rowan from Virginia. Alpha Brent was a divided interest, as the Pinecrest Alpha had not yet called out his action of sending the ring, but if push came to shove he would firmly align with Jason.

On the opposite side of the table sat Alpha Skylar from Florida, Alpha Matteo from North Carolina, and Alpha Terry from further across the state of Pennsylvania. These were the three Alphas who benefited the most from the Pinecrest pack and their affiliation with them, and were the three who were quick to respond on such short notice. They had been aware of Shaded Mountains previous looming threatening presence, and this time decided to show face in order to keep their alliance intact. Beta Cano and Beta Frank from Pinecrest were also in attendance, sitting on the opposite end of the offensive pack to the head chairs opposite, leaving the chair directly to its side empty for the Master beta to take its spot.

Idle chatter between mutual allies took place, there was no venom in the room as none truly disliked each other, but saw the situation for what it was. Two large packs were in a disagreement and there was a line drawn in the sand about whose allegiance laid where. Each member had their own drink of choice supplied by the secretaries of both the Alpha and each of the betas, a fruit tray and a pastry tray lay untouched on the table, as they all sat around waiting for the evening meeting to take place.

"Jason..." Lucio spoke up first in regards to the time. "Does your mate typically run late?" his deep brown eyes taking a look at the watch affixed on his wrist and noting that it was now 8:15pm, fifteen minutes past the start time.

"I would say her behavior as of recent is very atypical, Lucio." he said, not even looking back at the other Alpha but instead taking another bored sip of the scotch. "However, I cannot say her current tardiness is at all surprising." a light chuckle emitting from the base of his throat with a shake of his head. "I hope you guys packed umbrellas, it looks like rain." he said looking out into the sky filled with stars and not a cloud in sight.

"I checked the weather earlier, I would say its doubtful." Alpha Terry spoke up for the first time, trying to see out the window at what Jason was referring to, and not at all seeing what was giving him that indication.

"Are you a betting man?" Jason looked over his shoulder to the other Alpha from Pennsylvania.

"I venture to gamble from time to time." he said with a nod as his hand stroked at his long brown beard.

"I wager..." Jason said pulling out his wallet, and sifting through the bills within its folds with one hand. "One thousand five hundred dollars. Fifteen hundred bucks, that it storms tonight." he said with an arched eyebrow in an attempt to persuade the Alpha to take his bet. Solidifying the notion by walking over to the table and placing his scotch down before pulling out fifteen one hundred dollar bills and slapping them on the table. "Rather violently, might I add."

Terry looked out the window, and then down at the money Jason had just deposited on the table, all the other Alphas and subsequent Betas looking out the window as well in curiosity at the Shaded Mountain leaders proposal. The Pennsylvania Alphas interest was piqued and he slid back his chair and walked over to the window for closer inspection, his fingers still stroking at his beard as he inspected the sky for any abnormality. "I'll take that bet, but in addition we call a cut off time so that you cannot run off with my money." he chuckled, looking back at the smirk on Jason's face as he took another draw of scotch.

"Actually... Mark open your wallet, how much do you have on hand?" Jason looked over to his Beta who began to sift through his own wallet.

"Eight hundred." Mark said quickly placing it in the pile.

"Twenty-three hundred dollars says that it storms, violently, before the end of the meeting is called." Jason's face holding a large grin.

"You seem rather sure of yourself.." Alpha Terry said taking in the green eyes of Jason, which were filled with a tempting air. He pulled out his own wallet and viewed its contents. "Matteo, Skylar.. one of you want to go in with me? I have thirteen hundred on hand."

"I'll take the bite." Skylar said quickly pulling out his wallet and filling in the difference.

"Fucker." Matteo said bitterly, missing his moment to enter stopping his draw for his own wallet.

"Oh, you're interested as well Alpha Matteo?" Jason chuckled. "Jacob, Cane.. Empty your wallets." he said taking another pleased sip of the drink, his person garnering the attention of the whole room.

"Twelve hundred." Cane said gruffly.

"Same." Jacob said throwing it into the pile.

"Can you all match?" Jason quipped an eyebrow to the allying Alphas of Pinecrest.

"I got seven hundred more to throw in." Skylar said.

"I got the rest." Matteo said in satisfaction, throwing his own money down onto the table.

"It's a shame, really.." Jason said with a laugh. "I almost feel bad robbing you all of your money." he said with a shake of his head, walking back to the window with a grin as the men who bet against him all laughed.

"Whatever you say Alpha Jason..." Terry said with a shake of his head, enjoying the vigor of the green eyed leader as he sipped at his brandy.

"You should really know who you choose to be allies with." Jason said almost darkly as he stared at the window and took another sip of his scotch. "Jake." his voice loud and commanding, calling attention to the secretary of the Master Beta. "Refill." he said holding his glass up in the air idly and not looking back. "Double pour. I'm feeling frisky."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 1.8K 11
•Completed• Disclaimer; Only FIVE chapters AVAILABLE. FOLLOW my story on 'FICFUN', If you want to know what HAPPENS NEXT. •Top position; 3rd in Writi...
28.8M 882K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
2.5M 74.2K 50
#2 in Werewolf 12/05/18 Mated to a Beta and marked by his Alpha. A unique twist on the clichéd possessive Alpha stories. "W-what are you doing?" I s...
1.2K 6 68
"How dare you try to reject her, you fucking freak! You hurt my friend, so I am going to hurt you." She threatened powerfully, grabbing him by his t...