Broken Promises

By em1s0n

-Emison Duh! -Based off the AU I have done on Instagram. -Emily is Intersex (if that's not your thing, don'... More

List of Characters.
A Little Warning.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8.
9
10
11.
12.
13.
14
15
16
17
19
20(1)
20(2)
20(3)
21
22.
23.(1)
23 (2)

18

701 23 31
By em1s0n

3 Months Later

I woke up and smiled when I felt Emily's arm around me. I turned to face her and smiled as I saw she was already awake. She leaned over and kissed my forehead.

"Good morning baby." She said before kissing me.

"Mmm, good morning." She smiled and reached down to rub my stomach.

"Good morning Isabel." I put my hand over hers. She looked up at me with an angry look on her face.

"What's wrong?" I was confused as to why her entire mood just changed out of nowhere.

"You kept this from me Ali. I missed everything because of you." She gritted through her teeth. I started to back away from her. "Why would you keep our daughter from me?!"

I rose up in my bed with my hand over my chest, breathing heavy. I looked to my left and shook my head. That dream felt so real. I closed my eyes as tears formed in my eyes. It's been three months since I broke things off with Emily and to say I miss her will be an understatement. I smiled a little as I felt Isabel kick. I rubbed my stomach and talked to her a little before getting out of the bed and going to the bathroom to get ready for school.

At Lunch

"I can't believe you kept the pregnancy from her. That's fucked up Ali. Then you go and dump her to try to make it easier on yourself." Eli said before taking a bite out of his burger. I sighed as I threw the piece of carrot down.

"Don't you think I know that? I regret keeping it from her but at the time I wanted to tell her she started talking about how scouts are coming to see her play. She was so excited about that and she deserves it... Isabel would've just been a burden to her and would've ruined those chances of her getting a scholarship."

"That's not for you to decide, and quite frankly I don't think that's true Ali." Janel said. "The way you described Emily to us doesn't imply that she would think the baby was a burden and she would be here right now. You know, if you didn't dump her."

" You two love rubbing that in huh?"

"How many times has she called you today?" I took my phone out of my purse and unlocked it.

"Six and five text messages. I know y'all think that keeping this baby from her is wrong but she deserves a normal life. We talked about kids. Mostly about adoption because we thought she couldn't do this." I said as I pointed at my stomach. "But it would've happened later in life. Like after college later. She deserves somewhat of a normal life."

"You didn't make the baby alone." I looked down at my phone and focused on the picture of Emily and I. We were facing each other and she was about to kiss me. We have Aria to thank for this picture. I smiled a little before locking my phone and placing it back into my purse.

"If you miss her that much, why not call her?" Eli asked. I looked at him for a few seconds before looking down and sighing.

"Because I hurt her." I never wanted to break up with Emily. I just got angry when she said that Maya kissed her but then I started thinking that if she got with Maya, she would have a normal relationship. Who knows when my dad is gonna be done with the case he's working on? She should have someone there to keep her occupied. I'm with the person I want. I blinked and shook my head from the words she said the last time we talked. The bell ringing, signaling that lunch is over and we have ten minutes to make it to our classes startled me a little, bringing me back to reality. Eli was at my side before I could get out of my seat and outstretched his hand to me, helping me up.

Emily's POV

"Come on Coach, you have to put me back on the team." I said as I followed her into her office. She sat down in her seat and looked up at me as I stood by her desk.

"Oh, do I?" She asked with a stern look on her face. I sighed and looked down briefly.

"I mean , I know I messed up but you know I'm the best that was on the team. Those girls, without me, won't make it to nationals."

" Well that's a risk we're gonna have to take. You broke the rules Emily."

" But it was just prac..."

"I don't care if it was practice! You would've shown up drunk at a game if you weren't stopped." I held my head down.

" I was going through something." I mumbled out. She sighed.

"Emily we all go through stuff but it's different ways to handle the situations we go through. You, drinking, wasn't the way to handle it. I'm sorry but I can't let you back on the team. If you still want to play, there's always next year." With that she turned in her seat and grabbed the playbook. I walked out of the office and closed the door behind me.

"Hey, how did it go?" Hanna asked me as soon as I walked out of the gymnasium. I looked at her and shook my head.

"She won't let me back on the team." She wrapped her arm around my neck.

" It's okay Em. That's why they're not making it to Regionals." I closed my eyes and shook my head.

"Nationals Han." I said as I laughed a little.

"What's the difference?"

"Regionals are for things like... dance and stuff. Not basketball or other sports."

" Ah... She said as she threw her head back. "Ready to go?" I nodded my head.

"Yeah. That was the only thing I had to do here. "

" Okay. Spencer and Aria are meeting us at the brew."

"Alright." I said as we walked out of the school. I threw my backpack in my backseat before I got in my car. I waited until Hanna got into hers before I drove off.

At The Brew

We all took our seats at a booth and waited for our food.

"So Em, since you can't play basketball for the remaining of this year, will you be taking up a new sport?" Spencer asked and I shook my head.

" Nah, I'ma just focus on getting the house I just bought fixed up so it could be ready next year."

" I can't believe you brought another house." Aria said. Our food finally came and the girl placed the plates in front of us.

"Well the cabin is only used when I want to get away or a vacation." I thought for a minute. "Hey do y'all think I should get a job?"

"What, why?" Hanna asked as she chewed.

"Think about it. I'm spending all of this money. People are going to wonder where it's coming from. If I get a job they won't question that as much."

"That actually sounds like a smart idea Emily." Spencer said Before taking a sip of her drink. We enjoyed our meals in silence, besides hanna nails tapping on her phone as she texted. I looked at my phone to check to see if Ali texted back. I sighed as I realized she didn't.

"She still hasn't texted back?" Hanna asked and I shook my head no.

" I don't know how else to get through to her. I tried everything." I said as I put my fork on my now empty plate.

"Well maybe you should call Jason." I thought for a minute. It's worth a shot. I unlocked my phone and went to my contacts. Soon as I found his name I tapped the call symbol. It rang about five times before his voice boomed in my ear.

"Fields! What's up?"

"Hey Jason." I said.

"Ah shit, we don't use first names. This has to be serious. So what's up?"

" It's about your sister." Before I could say anything else he cut me off.

"Yeah, I heard you two broke up. That sucks bro."

"It's more like she broke up with me and now refuses to talk things out." I said before I looked up to see three pairs of eyes staring at me. I quickly put my head back down.

"Yeah that's fucked up but why aren't you here?" I narrowed my eyes in confusion.

" Didn't you hear what I said? She broke up with me... Why would I be there if she did that?"

" So you saying just because she broke up with you, means you can't take care of your baby. That's..."

" Wait, baby? What are you talking about? What baby?"

" Don't act like you don't know that Ali's pregnant?"

" She's... She's pregnant?" I swear if I wasn't sitting down I would've passed out right now. Jason was quiet for a few seconds.

"Shit. You really didn't know?"

"No I... how um...how far along is she?"

"She's about to be 9 months in two weeks."

" Thank you for telling me."

" Don't tell her I told you." He blurted out.

"I won't." We said our goodbyes and I ended the call and just stared at the phone.

"Did we hear that correctly? Alison is pregnant?" I nodded my head without saying anything.

" Is the baby yours?" Hanna asked and Spencer and Aria looked at her and shook their heads.

"Who else would it be?"

"But I thought you said you couldn't make babies?" Spencer asked and I shook my head.

" I thought I couldn't. I... t-that's what the doctors always said." I grabbed the collar of my shirt when It felt like I couldn't breathe. Spencer went quiet and slid out of the booth. She kneeled in front of me.

"Calm down. Just take deep breaths." I held my head in my hands and closed my eyes as I tried to get my breathing back to normal. I felt Hanna start to rub my back.

"Why wouldn't she tell me?" I asked no one in particular.

"She probably was scared Em." Aria said.

"Why would she be scared? I've never treated her bad or gave her any reason to think I wouldn't want a baby. I mean, all of the times we talked about kids when we get older..."

" Exactly." Hanna said. " You two made plans for kids when you got older. Not now. She probably thought it would ruin things between y'all or with the stuff you have going on in school. Which is probably the real reason why she broke up with you."

"Guys, we should go. This shouldn't be discussed here." Spencer said. "Aria, Emily's in no position to drive right now so I want you to drive my car and I'ma drive hers." Spencer took her keys out of her pocket and handed it to Aria. "Come on Em. Let's get you home okay?" I looked up at her and nodded my head.

At the House

"I can't believe she didn't tell me Han." I said as I paced back and forth in my room. Hanna shook her head while eating some popcorn.

"She probably had a reason Em." She said before laughing at a part of the movie she was watching.

"What could possibly be the reason to keep something that big from me?!" She sighed before pausing the movie.

"Em, you have to see it from her point of view. She just moved thousands of miles away from you and then she finds out that she's pregnant. Pretty sure it was the day you told us that she fainted in class. You told her about the game the next day right? How scouts are going to watch you play?"

" Yeah, so?"

" She kept it from you so you could focus and we all know what happened after that game." I got off of my bed and grabbed my laptop. " What are you doing?"

" Looking for flights to California."

"For when?"

"Tonight. I'll catch a red-eye." I said as I looked at the dates available. "Damn. The earliest they have is Monday." I booked the flight and printed out my ticket.

"Are you gonna tell your parents?"

"I have to. This is their grandchild. I'ma tell them tonight at dinner. Great conversation right?" I said as I got nervous. Hanna out her hand on mine.

" Want me to stay?" I nodded my head. "Okay. Come on, let's finish the movie."

"I wonder what she's having..." I said as I thought about it. "I have to buy stuff."

"Knowing Alison, she's already got a lot of things for the baby and the money you've been sending her went toward it so don't feel like you haven't done anything cause I know that's next."

" You know me too well."

" Well you're my best friend." She said as she smiled. I watched the remainder of the movie with her but I couldn't really focus on it. Soon as she started a new movie my phone beeped. I unlocked it and read the text from Jason.

So what are you gonna do?

I booked my flight for Monday but I need you not to tell her.

Alright. Anything else?

I need the address and I'll text you when I'm there.

Alright Fields. Hey if you and my sister don't work things out just know, you're still family.

Well of course I am. Your sister is having my kid.

Even if that wasn't happening.

Alright. I have to tell my parents now. Text you when I get there. He replied with a thumbs up.

"Dinners ready!" I heard my dad yell from downstairs.

"You ready?" Hanna asked and I nodded my head. Here goes nothing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 3.6K 32
Emily's is a drug lord and Alison is a normal teen who's trying to live life how do you think this will go
34.7K 579 33
How Emison should have been I think. Emily is intersex.
86.8K 2.4K 28
"What happened to you?" "I can't tell you." "Why not?" "I can't tell you." (Thanks so much to @call_me_chancey because I got so much inspiration from...
31K 1.6K 29
Book 1: Wickedness of a child. This is a sequel. I highly recommend that you read the first book before this one, otherwise it might be hard to keep...