The Hero With Many Faces. (My...

By Project_Red

Salazo Nautali graduated from Kunugigaoka junior high by killing his teacher; Koro Sensei. After being recomm... More

Prologue: Graduation Time
Salazo Nautali: Introduction
The First Day of School
The Three Musketeers.
Combat Training!
The Incident at the USJ.
Salazo Maekawa: Origin
Should I really be a Hero?
The Sports Festival is off to a running start.
The Cavalry Battle
It Just Keeps Getting Worse!
What I Could Have Been.
Its A Date!
To Kill And To Die
The Yaoyorozu Household
Nautali: Awakening
Red, Purple, Yellow, And Green
Save The Day With Love
I-Island: Day 1
What I Could Have Been; Part 3
I-Island; Final Day
The Journey To The Training Camp
Girl Talk + Salazo
Pandemonium Time/2nd Period
Escape Time
Revelry In The Dark
Change Time
Quirk Time
Happy Birthday Time

What I Could Have Been; Part 2

50 3 1
By Project_Red

This chapter is in the third person perspective. I thought this was the best way to to write this particular chapter. I find it weird to write in third person.

As the smoke around him began to clear, Salazo could see he was no longer in his personal laboratory. He was instead in a bedroom.

“This must be Salazo’s room in this dimension.” He spoke. “But this is a completely different room than what I’m used to. Salazo did say there were going to be some differences between our worlds. This must be one of them.” The boy walked around the room, checking to see what the differences could be.

His room is rather plain. It doesn’t look as though he owns much.

Salazo tried to remember if there were any clues in a video that was left for him my the other Salazo. There wasn’t much to the video, and it was only a few second long. It wasn’t too likely that any clues would be hiding.

HI! This is Salazo, but also not. I’m from another dimension where things are different. There aren’t too many changes, but those changes make our lives very different. If you want to visit our world, then ask this guy!”

“What no! Don’t bring me into this!”

“His name is Erwin. I hope to see you in our world."

He walked out the door to find a completely different house than he was used to. The boy assumed this was the house his family lived in.

“Salazo, are you ok? You look confused for some reason.”

“Ah! Who are you? What are you doing in our house?!” the boy scared to find a stranger in his house. The woman didn’t say anything, she just stared at him.

“Are you feeling ok?” the woman took a closer look at the boy.

“Perhaps I should explain; I am from another dimension. The Salazo you may know isn’t here. My same is also Salazo Maekawa. The reason I know of this place is because when he traveled to our reality, he left a video explaining how he got here. I simply did what he told me, and now I'm here.”

“What else did he say in that video?”

“He didn’t say much. It was mostlyhow to get here. Also, that our worlds are similar, but with some differences.”

“Uh-huh. Well, my name is Annette Dominic. If Salazo didn’t explain this world, then I won’t either.” Annette finally understanding the situation. “I’m doing some baking; would you care to have something I made?”

That two sat down and talked about their lives. Salazo talked about what he does in his dimension, and Annette talked about what she does. Salazo did try asking about how this world was different from his, but he never got any answers.

“Many thanks for the hospitality. I will be leaving now; my goal is to see the differences between our worlds.”

“Ok, good luck.” Annette was waving goodbye to him. As Salazo opened the front door, he was greeted by a young lady.

“Hey Salazo! Where are you going?”

“You must be one of my friends. I’m delighted to make your acquaintance; Salazo Maekawa, but please call me Salazo.” He held out his hand as if he wanted it to be shook. The girl stood there puzzled about their interaction.

“Uh… sure. Mina Ashido.” She grabbed Salazo’s hand and shook it. Salazo walked off in a random direction hoping to find something new.

“Mina Ashido?” Annette said from inside the doorway.

“Annette!” Ashido hugged Annette. “So, it’s true that Salazo does know you! What’s with him though? He’s acting super strange.”

“Yeah. Sorry to cut our meet-up short, but can you keep an eye on him? If you ask him what’s going on, I’m sure he’ll tell you.”

“Yes mam!” Ashido ran off to find Salazo.
Salazo was walking to a shopping center. He thought that it would hold some difference. He was walking normally until he felt a pounding on his head.

What… The… Heck.? Do I have… a headache? It doesn’t hurt that much, but it feels as if someone is pushing from inside my head.

He held his head with both of his hands. If was as if this feeling was never going to stop.

“This is quite the predicament. I suppose you might be wondering how you are speaking without doing anything yourself. Long story short, you have three people living inside you. Have you heard of Dissociative Identity Disorder? That is what our Salazo lives with. That’s the best way we can describe our quirk. My name is Claude, there is also Bo, and Delaney who exist within you.” The feeling of watching your life rather than experiencing was mind boggling to Salazo.

“Salazo!” Ashido was running at full speed towards Salazo. When she came to a stop, she was out of breath. “I didn’t know where to find you… so I kept taking the wrong path.”

“Hello Ashido” the two made eye contact. Ashido could see his eyes were yellow.

“Hi Claude.” 

“I was just explaining our situation to Salazo, that is all. Goodbye.” the eye color change back to red as Salazo tested to see if he could move on his own.

“DID? Interesting. I don’t have anything of the sort. So that would mean that Claude and the others he mentioned were my alters.”

“Alters?” Ashido hadn’t heard the term before.

“Isn’t that what the other personalities are referred to as, Alters. You’re not a very good friend to Salazo if you don’t even know that.” Salazo said as he questioned the friends he made in this world.

“Hey! Salazo and I are great friends. But he’s never called his other personalities ‘alters’ before. He always just says ‘personalities.’ Also, there is a totally different reason why Salazo would hate me!” Ashido said as if it were something to be proud of.

“And what is that reason?”

“Have you seen a mirror?” upon hearing this, Salazo began to panic.

Look in the mirror? What could that mean?

Salazo was looking for something that he could see his reflection on, but to no avail.

“Look.” Ashido held up her phone. “This is a selfie I took with Salazo last week.” Salazo took a closer look at the picture. Ashido was looking into the camera while Salazo had just noticed she was taking a picture. His mouth was full of cake and he had a surprised expression on his face.

“What did you do? Splash acid on my face?” Salazo began touching his face to feel the scars.

“Uh… no” she took a step back. Salazo didn’t believe her. “So where are we going?” Ashido asked trying to change the subject.

“I’m not sure. It’s almost parents day, so I could pay them a visit. They would know something that’s different. And because I live on I-Island, they would be surprised to see me.” Salazo turned around and began walking to his house.

“What are you talking about?” Ashido had no clue what he was talking about. As they were walking, Salazo explained everything to Ashido; everything from the video that Salazo Nautali made to show Salazo Maekawa about his dimension to appearing in Annette’s house. Ashido believed everything Salazo was acting different than usual. She didn’t say anything about Salazo’s life in this world.

The two were getting closer to the Maekawa household. Salazo began feeling excited about surprising his parents. Ashido didn’t know what to expect when visiting his parents. They arrived at the front door. Salazo didn’t have a key to the house in his world so he assumed the Salazo in this world didn’t either. He knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. Kagunai answered the door. She didn’t say anything.

“Hi mom! Surprise! I home!” he went to hug her but Kagunai stopped him.

“Did you need something?” she wasn’t amused to see him. Both Ashido and Salazo were confused.

“I wanted to stop by and say hello. Parents day is coming up, so I came to visit.” Salazo was unsure what was happening.

“After all these years… why do this now. If you want to come in, that’s fine. I suppose we can start over.”

Start over? What does that mean?

“This should be interesting to watch.” a male voice came from behind use. Erwin was walking in our direction. “Don’t mind me, I’m curious how this will play out.”
“Erwin? What are you doing here?” asked Salazo.

“Well, I am your only ride home so I decided to check in and see how you were doing.”

“Interesting, so I assume that means I should be leaving soon.”

“Not until your heart is content with what it saw.”

“I see. I guess that means we proceed to enter.”

Erwin followed them in the house. As they entered, they could see Arata and Bea. Kagunai had scars around her face and her right eye was replaced with a false eye. Asuka had scars all over both of his legs. Bea seemed to be the same in both worlds. The room was dead silent.

“Ashido… can you do me a solid?” a sinister aura was radiating of Salazo.

“Uh… sure.” Ashido replied with a very hesitant tone.

“Just stay out of my way and you won’t get hurt.” Salazo turned to face Ashido. She froze with fear upon seeing a sinister purple in his eyes.

“Delaney! No!”

“This won’t end well!” added Erwin.
Delaney lunged toward Kagunai and tackled her. She tried choke Kagunai but was pulled off by everyone in the room.

“I’m just finishing what I started!” said Delaney as she punched Arata. He stumbled back and Delaney smashed his head against the ground. Arata lost consciousness. Bea was still holding Delaney until she was grabbed too and was thrown into the ground just like Midoriya did to Bakugo. She ran into the kitchen and grabbed the biggest knife she could find. Everyone began running from the house but was caught off by Delaney. Her first target was Kagunai. She grabbed the back of her head and slammed it into the wall. With the knife held in her hand, she stabbed Kagunai’s upper throat and dragged the knife all the way down her lower back. The whole time, Kagunai was screaming in pain.

She removed the knife and threw it at the unconscious Arata; her second target. Once again, she was aiming for the throat. It was a direct hit. Arata was silent the entire time. Her final target was Bea. Bea tried to fight back but ended in failure. Bea was trapped in a chokehold as Delaney watched as her life slowly began to fade. Everything was silent. Ashido was watching in fear, while Erwin was unsure what he should do.

“HAHAHA! It feels great to let loose!” Delaney looks at her bloody hands. “Hey!” Delaney shouted towards Erwin. “If it weren’t for you, I’d never get a chance like this. It’s been a while, so thanks for this. If you want this off-brand Salazo, he’s yours.” Erwin walked over to Salazo as his eyes returned to red. Salazo was also frozen in fear because of what happened.

“Ok, time to go.” Erwin said, still unsure if he did the right thing.

“Salazo goes through this? What kind of quirk is this!?” Salazo said full of fear.

“No one knows. Not even he knows. I assume you’re ready to go.” Salazo nodded his head. With one snap his fingers, smoke surrounded both Erwin and Salazo.

That chapter was much darker than usual. If you haven’t read part 1 of "What my life could have been" I hope you do. The spoilers or very small, and don't reveal anything about the plot of the movie.

Go Beyond PLUS ULTRA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

781 18 16
"Haha! You want to be a hero?! Well sorry Y/n but it's too far from your reach!" "Ms. L/N, you should probably look for a school that isn't hard to g...
93.8K 2.3K 52
A monster - that is what Amara Aizawa is. A monster that is forced to join class 1-A to learn to control her devastating quirks. Fire, Ice, Electrici...
301K 11.7K 35
[Completed] - (Y/n) is the oh-so-very lucky teenager who gets to experience life as a hero at the prestige hero's academy: UA high school. One littl...
362K 9.8K 39
Dangerous, chaotic, destructive. That's all everyone called you while growing up, all because of your quirks. You despised the so called gift you go...