Just Write

By bijouthegreat

Hulk's mother's dislike for Kennedy causes tensions to rise. More

Just Write
Difficult Beginnings
A Brilliant Idea
Selling your soul
It gets easier
Digging Deeper
The worst of all
I didn't expect to get respect
I love you
To the rescue
Flowers
Kimi ruins everything
I told you so
Meet the Parents
Chapter Fifteen

Pushed

678 43 5
By bijouthegreat

   A/N: Hey y'all! look at me updating somewhat regularly! Don't forget to comment and vote since I'm doing so good. ;) 

I was awoken from my sleep by a soft tapping on the door. My entire body ached, urging me to ignore the knock and continue to lie in bed. After a few minutes the knocking didn’t let up and I could no longer continue laying there. I looked over at the clock, 3:32 was illuminated in angry red letters. Whoever this was going to get it I thought as I swung my legs over the side of the bed and slowly, and painfully got to my feet. Begrudgingly making my way to the door, not bothering to turn on the lights.

    “I hate you.” I muttered when I opened the door to find Kimi on the other side.

    “That is not a very nice thing to say.” the corners of Kimi’s mouth tugged upwards “Especially to someone who is trying to help you get better.”

    “I hate you and you’re evil.” I narrowed my eyes at him “Do you not own a clock  Raikkonen?”

    “I couldn’t sleep.” he shrugged “Can I come in already?”

    I sighed, but stepped out of the way to allow him entry into the dark hotel room. He flipped on the lights causing my hands to fly to cover my eyes from the blinding light.

    “You are not so nice in the morning.” He sneered.

    “Bite me.” I snapped.

    “I don’t think your boyfriend would like that too much.” he word ‘boyfriend’ rolled off his tongue with utter disdain.

    “I didn’t let you in here so that you could patronize me.” I slid back under the covers in my bed.

    “Well then why did you let me in here?” he said taking a seat on the chair that was positioned across from my bed.

    “I don’t really know.” I frowned “But I’m beginning to regret it.”

    I sat up in my bed staring at him. His blue-green eyes staring curiously back at me, letting the silence build between us until I couldn’t take it any longer. I was wide awake now and fully aware of all the misery caused by my illness and there was no way I would be able to fall back asleep at this point.

    “Well, you woke me up. Surely it for something more than to just stare at me.” I crossed my arms.

    “I just wanted to check on you. Is that so wrong?” he was egging me on.

    “You don’t wake someone up at three-thirty in the morning just to check up on them. What’s your agenda?” I glared at him.

    “I wanted to see if he was here. If he had stayed be your side.” Kimi said callously.

    “Nico, left because I asked him to. I couldn’t have him getting sick. He is racing this weekend.” I lied brazenly. Nico had actually only visited for about half an hour before he trainer called him and he reluctantly left.

    I don’t know why I lied. It didn’t really matter. And honestly if Nico had have stayed I would have told him to leave. So it wasn’t that much of a lie. It was the sensible thing to do.

    “Why are you with him?” Kimi suddenly stood up.

    “Why not? Who should I be with? You?” I raised an eyebrow.

    “He just isn’t the right for you.” Kimi muttered, pacing back and forth.

    “Because you know me so well.” I rolled my eyes in disgust.

    Who has Kimi to say who I should date and who I shouldn’t? He knows nothing about me. He isn’t my family, he isn’t a friend, he isn’t anything to me. He is just some arrogant jerk he is borderline stalking me.

    “I know enough.”

    “Whatever. I want you to go.” I muttered.

    And surprisingly he listened. He walked right out the door without saying another word. I should have been relieved, I should have been happy that he left, but I wasn’t. I just felt sick in the pit of my stomach and not just because I was feeling under the weather. This was a new symptom entirely. I had no idea why I felt this way and it was the worst feeling because I couldn’t stop it. I couldn’t take my mind off of it.

    Despite how hard I tried to go back to sleep I couldn’t. I tossed and turned for the rest of the night. Thinking of everything Kimi had said. Analyzing and over analyzing every possible motive he could have had and in the end all I had to show for it was lack of sleep and dark circles under my eyes.

    I groaned when I heard a knock on the door, but seconds later the door opened. Meaning it was Nico, the only person other than me that had a key. Unless Kimi had pulled some crazy pyscho stalker move and somehow stolen a key. I prayed it was Nico though and when I looked up I saw that my prayers had been answered.

    “Hey honey.” He made his way over to me, kissing me on the forehead. “You look like you didn’t sleep at all. Are you alright?”

    “Yeah, I just had a lot on my mind.” I shrugged.

    I wasn’t going to bother telling him about Kimi’s visit last night. I had let him in after all and I knew that would reflect poorly on me. Of course I would be in even more trouble if Hulk found out that I hadn’t told him. It was just a risk I was going to have to take though. I wasn’t in the mood to argue about the Iceman today.

    “Did you sleep alright?” I asked, trying to put the attention onto him before he became curious about what had been on my mind.

    “Yeah. It would have been better with you in my arms though.” he said wistfully.

    “Hopefully I’ll be better soon.”

    “I hope so.”

    “When you do have to be at the track?” I asked.

    “In half an hour.” he frowned.

    “So I guess you need to get going.” I said sadly.

    “Yeah.”

    “I might try and go to the track. If I feel up to it.” I offered.

    “Just don’t push yourself. I want you to be well.
     “I know. I’ll only go if I feel up to it.”

    “Alright. I’ll be by later regardless.”

    He kissed me on the forehead again before leaving. Once again I was sitting in my bed, alone with only my thoughts. After the night I had last night there is no way I can sit in bed all day pondering the Iceman. I needed to get my mind off of the whole situation.

    It took an hour, but I finally mustered up the strength to get out of bed. I dug through my suitcases finding a pair of pants, a long sleeve chiffon shirt, a bright colored pea coat and a large floppy hat. It was another half hour of sitting on the edge of my bed drinking tea before I thought it was safe to go to my rental car and proceed to the track.

    Once I got to the track I sat in my car. I was especially thankful that while today was cloudy, there were no dark rain clouds in sight and the forecast was calling for a rain free day.

    Walking through the paddock was uneventful, until I spotted Kimi across the way. I didn’t think he had spotted me yet so I ducked in-between some of the motor homes and went around back to make my way to the Sahara Force India garage.

    “Are you avoiding me?” A familiar voice said gruffly. It was unnervingly close.

    The owner of the voice grabbed my arms stopping me in my tracks. I quickly wiped around the face them. The sudden movement causing my head to spin. I had to grab onto them for balance.

    “Stop following me.” I groaned, trying to keep focus on not becoming nauseous.

    “Then tell me why you had to run away?” Kimi grilled me.

    “Look, I’m not running anywhere. I’m just going to see my boyfriend. And seeing as how you’re not him. I would appreciate it if you would let me go before I start screaming.”

    “You’re the one holding onto me.” he said smugly.

    I looked down and my hands were still firmly gripped onto his arms from when I had balanced myself. All the blood rushed to my face and I quickly dropped my arms and let out a dissatisfied Humph.

    “Just leave me alone.” I hissed and pushed past the Finn.

    “Shouldn’t you be in bed?” he called after me as I briskly walked away.

    “I feel fine!” I shouted, but I didn’t. I was over-doing it. I felt absolutely terrible. I was becoming weaker with every step I took and I didn’t know how much longer I could hang on before I passed out. Unfortunately it was sooner rather than later. I felt everything fading to black and I was collapsing to the ground.

***

    When I awoke I was in Nico’s arms. Still on the ground, he was cradling me in his lap. I was relief sweep across his face as my eyes fluttered open and the world came into focus. I looked around and saw no sign of the Iceman.

    “Kennedy, are you alright?” he asked.

    “Yeah… how long was I out?” I managed.

    “Uh… maybe ten minutes. Kimi came and got me, when he said he saw you collapse and Ive been here for about five minutes. My trainer is bringing a nurse over from medical. You’re so lucky that Kimi happened to walk by at the right time. What were you doing back here anyway?” he asked so many questions. I tried to focus.

    “Um, yeah lucky. Right.” Kimi had clearly lied to protect me, but why now? He was usually overjoyed to have piece of information that could ruin my relationship. “Uh.. I just thought it might be faster. I guess I was wrong. I shouldn‘t have pushed myself.”

    “I’m so glad you’re alright. After they check you out I’ll have someone bring you back to the hotel. You’re clearly not well enough.” he said gently stroking his thumb across my face.

    “Yeah, okay.” I muttered not wanting to push it.

    But the last thing I wanted was to sit alone in that hotel room all day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 166 12
"Cuts on his face cause he fought too hard I know he's in over his head But I love that man like nobody can" When Charles Leclerc's childhood frenemy...
2.7K 119 21
Beth is the daughter of one of the most successful and rich man in the world. She must take her father's business once she gets 25, but all she dream...
3.2K 188 17
Namara Hamilton adopted daughter of the famous f1 driver Lewis Hamilton, born in India but due to many rivalries in her actual family, comes out of h...
5K 98 25
[ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE] [THE STORY IS SET IN THE 2019 AND 2020 SEASONS] Alyssa Verstappen, sister of Red Bull driver Max Verstappen and Vic...