And Then She Was Gone

By CerrahQuack

A perfectly planned and coordinated cross country trip sends a young woman's world spiraling out of control w... More

The Departure
Goodbye Alex
Heading West
Small Town Vibes
Coffee For Two
So Awkward
So What's The Game Plan?
Forward Down The Path!
Adapt and Overcome
Into The Wolves Den
Old Friends
Your Color Lacks Conviction
Tell Me More...
One Condition
On Our Terms
Happily Ever After
Sharing Spaces
The Guest Of Honor
Did He...?
Check Mate
A Challenge
Alpha Mathias
A Tense Exchange
Let Me Explain
Ground Rules
Candelit Dinner
Night Night
An Exercise
Cleanse Yourself
Hush
Time For A Lesson
The Mess Hall
A Change of Pace
Submit
A Fresh Start
Barbie Girl
Missing Pieces
Ying and Yang
A Compromise
The Beast
A Storms Coming
An Irregularity
Gentle Hands
Can We Go Already?
Home Sweet Home
More Chocolate Please
You're Beautiful
What Happened?
So Now You Need Me?
Baby Steps
Carried Off To Sea
Testing The Formula
What's the problem?
You Wont
Wounded Pride
A New Assignment
You Called Her?
A Fresh Start
Building The Foundation
Some Time Apart
Ill Be Waiting
A Long Day
Don't Make Me Change My Mind
Patience
It Takes Two To Tango
Gal Pals
Mathias: The Beginning
Pay Attention To Me
A Hard Lesson
Mine
It's all bullshit, right?
Little Wolf
The Alphas Kryptonite
Pick One
Hope
Disappointed Expectations
Routine Followup
She Took The Stairs
Thoroughly Spent
The Alphas Best Friend
Home
Time To Change
House Warming
A New Routine
A Surprise
Tease
A Blonde, A Brunette and a Red Head Walked Into a Bar...
We Meet Again
Eat Your Words
Mr. Sensitive
You're So Annoying
Girl Time
The Domino Effect
Fractured
The Betas Dilemma
New Developments
Measured Steps
I Got You
Whats Happening?
Alpha Mathias: July 1763- Trouble
Recovery
You Need To Wake Up
The Past Meets The Present
Running Theories
The Rumor Mill
The Mad Queen
Set In Motion
Phone Date
Elena: July 1763
An Error Of Dissociation
A Slight Delay On Pay Day
Internal Struggle
A Heavy Burden
A Perfect Night
First Watch
You're Not Forgiven
Destiny
A Firsthand Account
Baby Sitting Detail
The Perfect Storm
It's Over
Recuperation
Battle Ready
Green With Envy
An Alternative Perspective
Growing Pains
Show Me
Boys are from Mars, Girls are from Venus
You Win Some, You Lose Some
Tangled Webs
Divided Interests
The Lazy Luna
Party Crasher
The Lunas Guard
The Missing Piece
Communication
Thank You
It Puts The Lotion On The Skin
The Love Of A Mate

Package Received

433 30 1
By CerrahQuack

It was close to midnight as stark gold eyes sifted about the office in fury, her mate was mad and not speaking with her and it was driving her insane. She only wanted to protect him, protect the both of them and he was actively resisting her efforts. He fucking threatened to leave her, that would never happen. She'd kill him first before he put her through that agony again. He would understand one day, why she was doing what she was doing, but for now it was best they spent some time apart so they could calm and collect themselves and start fresh in the morning.

She wouldn't be sleeping tonight, her mind racing and trying to figure out ways she could fix this. She had to get him to see what the bigger picture was. He was too sensitive, too easily guided by his soft emotions, he was making this more difficult than it had to be.

Her piercing gaze finally landed on the gift basket sent from an allying pack, the Sandstone pack based out of Colorado. In its cellophane wrapping a bottle of red wine was beckoning her, quick footsteps made their way over as she decided a glass or two of the intoxicating substance may be needed to help soothe her troubled mind. Upon closer inspection it looked of good quality and only further convinced her to partake.

She ripped the packing open and removed the bottle, utilizing the provided corkscrew to open it swiftly before grabbing at a short glass by the liquor cabinet to fill its volume with the red liquid. After taking a sip she felt the tension begin to release from her shoulders as she walked the glass and bottle back to the desk. Taking a seat in the large leather swivel chair, she kept the glass suspended in air by a propped elbow. Her free hand beginning to idly sift through the rest of the contents of the basket.

It contained assorted fruits, ripe and ready to be eaten. Fine chocolates and nuts for snacking. A beautiful picture frame waiting for a memory to be stored. A few small bottles of assorted liquors for tasting. And then there was a medium sized box wrapped in beautiful red wrapping affixed with a gold bow.

She placed the glass down on the desk as she began to dismantle the packaging, opening the box to find a smaller box within it sitting on top of an envelope. The smaller box rattled with her hands movement and she quickly opened it to see a ring within the otherwise empty box. A hard glare formed on her face as she plucked it up with her thumb and pointer finger, bringing it into the intense stare of her eyes fixation. Her anger resurged but her next actions could not be explained as her hands worked on their own accord, sliding the ring onto her left ring finger and rotating the piece of jewelry as her glare stared at the wall across from her.

She would be unable to see it but she could feel the green begin to erupt from the outside rim of her eyes. Quickly, she took a gulping drink of the wine before the eyes, in their state of color discrepancy, fell back to the box and the envelope within. A deep curiosity getting the better of her and in complete opposition to her desire to ignore its existence, led delicate fingers to pick up the envelop and swiftly open it to find a note written on beautiful stationary. The handwriting was Jason's and drew her in, brown beginning to erupt around her pupil as she looked at the short message beautifully scribed.

To the future Mrs. Jason Stone,
I hope by returning this to you, that my gift finds you well. I love and miss you dearly.
Forever and always yours.
Jason 06.13

This mother fucker. She seethed as the green and brown began to close in on the gold, a battle forming as the three colors fought for dominance. A slight advantage being given to the two returning colors as the note was brought up to her nose and she deeply inhaled the thick paper, picking up the smallest trace of the opposing Alphas scent. He was relentless.

—————-

Jason was sat in his own office, he was shirtless and in pajama pants as he leaned over his desk with a hand running through his hair as he groped over the same documents before him for the hundredth time. He had sent all the betas home hours ago, so that he could be in the comfort of solitude as he wracked his brain for an Avenue that would open up his path to bringing his mate home safely. He sipped idly at his scotch, by now having a nice buzz going and once he finished this glass he would be able to catch a few hours of alcohol induced sleep, only to wake up shortly after and return immediately to his current fixation.

His thoughts were distracted by his phones speaker emitting the tired voice of his secretary Lucie.

"Alpha Jason?" She called out to him through the device.

"Lucie, what are you still doing here?" He said in slight shock, it was a little past ten and she should have been gone hours ago.

"I'm sorry to bother you, I was wrapping some things up and was on my way out but a call came through as I was getting ready to leave." She said stifling a yawn.

"Who is it?" He said once again checking the time and wondering who would be calling at this hour through the main pack houses line.

"It is Alpha Elizabeth from Pinecrest Pack wanting to speak with you. Should I transfer?" She asked already knowing the answer but following protocol.

"... Yes. Did she say what she wanted?" He asked, knowing that she must have received the package and was calling because of that.

"She did not. She seemed to be very quiet, not in the same disposition she was during her last call." Lucie said giving him what little information she grabbed from her initial intake of the call.

"Transfer her over, and set the calls to forward to my line until the morning, I'll be in my office for a while... And then go home. It's late." He said a slight nervousness building in his chest from her words but not showing in his voice. He was hopeful that the ring had the effect he intended for it to have, but didn't want to build himself up to be let down immensely had it not.

"Of course, alpha. Thank you. Transferring now." She said quietly.

"Alpha Jason speaking." He said firmly as he brought the glass of scotch to his lips and leaned back in his chair taking a large draw of the liquid. He kept his tone deep and authoritative, not knowing what to expect out of the call.

"...." there was silence over the line. Nothing was said.

"Hello, this is Alpha Jason speaking." He said even firmer, his words leaning as he began to wonder if there was an issue with the transfer. "Hello?"

"...J-Jason..." she said weakly over the line, her voice soft and fragile causing goosebumps to erupt all across his flesh as his ears found her tone melodic and soothing.

"Elizabeth...?" He almost breathed out her name, it being said in uncertainty as if he was not quick to believe he was speaking exclusively with her.

"Jason.. thank you." Her words softly reaching out to him behind a sniffle, her fingers rotating the ring still on her finger as tears welled in her eyes.

"You got your ring." His tone dropped and a sound of relief filled his words as he let out a deep exhale, he didn't even realize he was holding.

"Did you really mean it?" She questioned quietly, she sounded so subdued and timid, her voice having an instantaneous warming effect across his entire body and his green eyes being forced closed as he allowed the sound of her words to linger in his mind.

"Did I mean what?" He questioned back matching her low volume his tone growing softer with each word.

"D-do.. do you..." she couldn't form the words, and embarrassment forming at her own timid demeanor being evident.

"Do I what, Elizabeth?" He questioned carefully, his words prodding her along and the way his tongue rolled on her name caused her own body to form goosebumps, forcing her to nervously sip at the wine in front of her.

"Do you want to m-marry m-me?" She stumbled over her words, unable to ask him bluntly. Tears now lining her face as she felt an immense upset at the trouble she had found herself entangled in. She feeling entirely unworthy of his affection.

"Absolutely." He said in confidence. He was so relieved to be talking with his mate, his heart was almost beating out of his chest. Marriage was not important to him, but she had made it apparent it was important to her and he would do anything to make her happy. "Why not tomorrow?" His questioned, causing a weak giggle to erupt from her and a grin to form on his lips.

"I'm sorry Jason. I'm so sorry." She said shaking her head as her fingers began to tightly grip at her hair.

"What are you sorry for baby? You have nothing to be sorry for." He purred out to her, trying to soothe her across the many miles of distance through the phone line.

"I can't control this... I feel like I've been asleep for weeks." She breathed out heavily. "I don't know what to do... I just want to come home." Her voice was beginning to break as she felt overwhelmed by her tears rapidly renewing and forming more intensely.

"Then come home, baby. I'm waiting for you." He said softly, knowing it would be easier said than done.

"He won't let me. He's hurting us all... Alex, his mate and me. He won't let any of us go..." she said as she frantically began to wipe the tears from her eyes with shaky breaths and heavy sniffles.

"He's hurting all of you?" Jason questioned, his eyebrow arched as he listened in more intently.

"Alex is stronger than me... he can wake up on his own. But I can't. I don't know how I got here in this moment. But his mate... she's inside of Alex and she wants to leave. Alex doesn't have to fight anymore... she's hiding. She doesn't want a war.. he's going to kill all of us. I can feel it." Her words came out uncertain, it was not that she didn't believe them full heartedly, but she knew she sounded crazy and she didn't know if Jason would believe her. He probably would be inclined to sedate her again once he got his hands on her.

"Baby... he's not going to hurt you or Alex. I'll be there in a day, and I'll bring you home. I'm going to bring some allying packs and we'll make sure it goes smoothly..." he said calmly, his words showing to her that he did in fact believe her, and that he held a sympathy for her and Alex. He now understood their connection with each other and it was due to those who laid dormant within each of them.

"I don't want you to get hurt either." She whispered softly. "He's really strong... and he's unhinged. He scares me." Her volume fell to a whisper, as if she could hide her voice from the monster within.

"Trust me, I won't get hurt.. I'll be fine." He said reassuringly, not wanting her to worry about him. She did not know the strength he held, and he was unconcerned when it came to the forces he had now backing him.

"... can you promise me one thing?" She whispered quietly.

"Anything baby. What is it?" He asked, his deep green eyes focusing on the phone and a soft smile worn on his lips, finding an internal peace from being able to converse with her after what seemed so long.

"Promise me... if it gets too bad, that you'll be the one who kills me." Her words dropped to being barely audible. She had an intense fear of her hands being the ones who hurt others, as well as being subjected to a horrific death due to actions she could not control. If Jason did it, he would put her out of her misery quickly, he wouldn't let her suffer.

"Anything but that." He said deeply, his brows furrowed and he felt a deep hurt in his chest at the thought of even hurting her.

"Jason, you have to promise me!" Her voice became louder more frantic. "I can't live like this and I can't be the cause for others pain!"

"I can't do it, Elizabeth." He said shaking his head and looking off to the side as he sipped more heavily at his scotch.

"Jason, please." She pleaded, the hurt in her voice physically affecting him now.

"There will be another way." He said back with a hardened voice, not allowing himself to think about any other possibilities.

"If there is not, promise me!" She pressed further needing him to say he would do this favor for her. "Jason, please..." her voice growing weaker.

"Okay, Elizabeth... if there are no other options. I will do it." He lied, and even still it felt like he stabbed himself in the heart.

"Thank you, Jason... I love you." She said sniffling across the line. She had already resigned herself to the idea that she would be dying as a result of this chaos, but she felt soothed that at least Jason would be the one to put her out of her misery.

"I love you too Elizabeth. But nothing is going to happen to you, do you hear me?" He questioned harshly, immensely disliking her obvious outlook on the situation.

"You so sure about that?" Her voice grew in depth and her tone held a curtness.

"Positive." Jason said back sharply, quickly shifting his demeanor to match the new voice across the line.

"Tell me, Alpha Jason... how do you think you're going to be able to separate me from my mate, and not lose yours? Tsk tsk. You're a foolish man." She said back callously.

"You're fucking dead." Jason seethed through gritted teeth, all the comfort he had recently just felt now gone.

"If I die, she dies. Point proven." A dark laugh emitted before the line clicked. Jason immediately picked up the landline phone and launched it into the wall in his office.

He needed to assemble every and all willing packs now. They set out at dawn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4M 367K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
2.5M 74.2K 50
#2 in Werewolf 12/05/18 Mated to a Beta and marked by his Alpha. A unique twist on the clichéd possessive Alpha stories. "W-what are you doing?" I s...
181K 1.8K 11
•Completed• Disclaimer; Only FIVE chapters AVAILABLE. FOLLOW my story on 'FICFUN', If you want to know what HAPPENS NEXT. •Top position; 3rd in Writi...
106K 1.9K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...