Catch Me if You Can (Male Rea...

By aLogan11

(Y/N) had never gone to any combat schools in all of Remnant. So why did Professor Ozpin take such an interes... More

(Y/N) Bio
Vol 1 Part 1
Vol 1 Part 2
Vol 1 Part 3
Vol 1 Part 4
Vol 1 Part 5
Vol 1 Part 6
Vol 1 Part 7
Vol 1 Part 8
Vol 1 Part 9
Vol 1 Part 10
Vol 1 Part 11
Vol 1 Part 12
Vol 1 Part 13
Vol 1 Part 14
Vol 1 Part 15
Vol 2 Part 1
Vol 2 Part 2
Vol 2 Part 3
Vol 2 Part 4
Vol 2 Part 5
Vol 2 Part 6
Vol 2 Part 7
Vol 2 Part 8
Vol 2 Part 9
Vol 2 Part 10
Vol 2 Part 11
Vol 2 Part 12
Vol 2 Part 13
Vol 2 Part 14
Vol 2 Part 15
Vol 2 Part 16
Vol 3 Part 1
Vol 3 Part 2
Vol 3 Part 3
Vol 3 Part 4
Vol 3 Part 5
Vol 3 Part 6
Vol 3 Part 7
Vol 3 Part 8
Vol 3 Part 9
Vol 3 Part 10
Vol 3 Part 11
Vol 3 Part 12
Vol 4 Part 1
Vol 4 Part 2
Vol 4 Part 3
Vol 4 Part 4
Vol 4 Part 5
Vol 4 Part 6
Vol 4 Part 7
Vol 4 Part 8
Vol 4 Part 9
Vol 4 Part 10
Vol 4 Part 11
Vol 4 Part 12
Vol 4 Part 13
Vol 4 Part 14
Vol 5 Part 1
Vol 5 Part 2
Vol 5 Part 3
Vol 5 Part 4
Vol 5 Part 5
Vol 5 Part 6
Vol 5 Part 7
Vol 5 Part 8
Vol 5 Part 9
Vol 5 Part 10
Vol 5 Part 11
Vol 5 Part 12
Vol 5 Part 13
Vol 5 Part 14
Ria Cdc Uipz Zi?
Vol 6 Part 1
Vol 6 Part 2
Vol 6 Part 3
Vol 6 Part 4
Vol 6 Part 5
Vol 6 Part 6
Vol 6 Part 7
Vol 6 Part 8
Vol 6 Part 9
Vol 6 Part 11
Vol 6 Part 12
Vol 6 Part 13
Vol 7 Part 1
Vol 7 Part 2
Vol 7 Part 3
Vol 7 Part 4
Vol 7 Part 5
Vol 7 Part 6
Vol 7 Part 7
Vol 7 Part 8
Vol 7 Part 9
Vol 7 Part 10
Vol 7 Part 11
Vol 7 Part 12
Vol 7 Part 13
Vol 7 Part 14
Vol 8 Part 1
Vol 8 Part 2
Vol 8 Part 3
Vol 8 Part 4
Vol 8 Part 5
Vol 8 Part 6
Vol 8 Part 7
Vol 8 Part 8
Vol 8 Part 9
Vol 8 Part 10
Vol 8 Part 11
Vol 8 Part 12
Vol 8 Part 13
Vol 8 Part 14
Vol 9 Teaser 1
Vol 9 Teaser 2
Vol 9 Teaser 3
Vol 9 Teaser 4
Vol 9 Part 1
Vol 9 Part 2
Vol 9 Part 3
Vol 9 Part 4
Vol 9 Part 5
Vol 9 Part 6
Vol 9 Part 7
Vol 9 Part 8

Vol 6 Part 10

432 11 2
By aLogan11

(Your POV)

You gently pushed the door open, closing it behind you as you walked in. You made your way through the living room, and looked up the stairs.

You breathed a sigh and continued through to the outside, opening the door back to the cold outside.

You stood there for a few moments, fighting back the flowing emotions as you knelt down on the ground, closing your eyes.

You felt the cool breeze hit your skin, letting your mind rest as you let the darkness, the negative thoughts flow away, disperse from you.

Renata: I'd like to ask you a question.

You whipped around, a pistol already pointed at her as she lounged on a chair, tilting her head at you.

Renata: Really? I thought of us as friends.

(Y/N): I'm not friends with you.

Renata: Such a shame.

Renata sat up from her chair, walking towards you as you made yourself not pull the trigger.

Renata: When you saw my past, I thought you realized how different I was before Salem. I thought you knew it wasn't me.

(Y/N): It's still you. Regardless of what you went through, you're the issue here. You tried to get me to take out Ruby's eyes and then tried to kill me at Haven Academy.

Renata: You seem not to understand the situation here. The world isn't just black and white. There are good reasons for evi...

(Y/N): That's a pretty pathetic excuse for wanting to gorge out someone's eyes.

Renata: If I wanted her dead I would have killed her myself. 

(Y/N): Yeah, still not quite sure why you didn't do that.

Renata: I thought it was quite obvious that I didn't want to kill her.

(Y/N): Yeah... obvious.

Renata: Perhaps I'm just a good actor.

(Y/N): Or you're full of shit.

Renata: Perfectly valid. But wrong nonetheless.

She sat up, and walked over to you, pressing the pistol against her forehead.

Renata: Can I ask my question now, love?

You gripped the gun tighter, your hand trembling slightly before you ripped it away, the weapon disappearing.

(Y/N): Fuck.

You walked away, not facing her.

Renata: It's a simple question rea...

(Y/N): Then just ask your goddamn question.

Renata said nothing for a moment, as you turned to face her. She seemed to have a hurt look on her face for a moment, but it was quickly replaced by her smirk again.

Renata: What do you think makes us human?

(Y/N): Seriously? I'm not here to talk about philosophy.

Renata: It's a serious question. What is the defining factor that makes us human? Is it being human? Then is Salem more of a human than Penny i... was. Is it having human emotions and compassion? Then surely Penny is more of a human than my dear brother, while she is still an android.

(Y/N): Is there a particular reason for this?

Renata let out an angelic laugh, you continuing to glare at her the entire time.

Renata: You forget I know things. I'm waiting to see what you'll pick.

You were about to speak up again when you mulled back over her words.

(Y/N): I thought you said you knew the future.

Renata nodded, smiling as she thought she hooked you.

Renata: Of course.

(Y/N): Then why would you not know what I picked?

Renata tilted her head, her smile coming slightly smaller, but then her eyes crinkled as she smiled. A genuine smile.

Renata: Smarter than you look darling.

You said nothing for a few moments, before you turned away from her, making your way towards the door of the house.

Renata: When you go and see General Ironwood, it may do well to revert to your past. Think about what makes us human...

(3rd Person POV)

It was daytime in Argus. At the Atlesian Military Base, various soldiers and guards worked on their jobs. 

Weiss was walking with Caroline Cordovin and Saphron, who was holding her son Adrian in her arms. They were also escorted by the two Nubuck Guards. Weiss dragged a large luggage case behind her.

Cordovin: Ah, I was relieved to hear that you came to your senses, Miss Schnee. Many of us were devastated when we heard you would be attending...

She paused, speaking with disdain.

Cordovin: Beacon Academy. Knowing that you'll be returning to Atlas just warms my old heart.

Weiss pretended, acting along with the story set.

Weiss: It was... time to get my act together and go back to my roots.

Cordovin: Oh, I can't wait to see you follow in your sister's footsteps.

Weiss responded with an unenthusiastic smile, and an even more unenthusiastic response with her words.

Weiss: Absolutely...

Cordovin: I'm sending two of my best guards to personally escort you. Make sure General Ironwood hears that part.

She winked and walked away from the heiress.

Nubuck Guard 1: Allow me to assist you with your bag.

He hupped over to pick up Weiss' luggage.

Nubuck Guard 1: My, what a heavy bag!

Weiss, however, kept her grip on her luggage.

Weiss: That's alright!

Nubuck Guard 1: Nonsense!

Nubuck Guard 2: Allow me to assist as well!

Weiss: I can take care of it by myself!

As Cordovin walked away, she overheard Weiss and the Nubuck Guards conversation. She stopped in her tracks and gained a suspicious look on her face. Saphron noticed this, whispering to little Adrian.

Saphron: Just like we practiced.

Adrian nodded at his mother. The baby then let out a loud wail that can be heard throughout the base. Adrian "cried" as he fussed in his mother's arms, Saphron pretending to be worried.

Saphron: Oh no! Look at that, he's just going to miss you so much! You should hurry on out of here!

Nubuck Guard 1: A crying child?

Nubuck Guard 2: We must console it!

The two guards hupped over to Adrian as they performed weird poses to amuse him. Cordovin continued walking with an unamused look on her face. 

While they were distracted, Weiss quickly got onto the airship with the luggage behind her.

Weiss: That was close.

Ruby talked to her over the earpiece.

Ruby: Is everything okay?

Maria spoke out from inside Weiss' luggage.

Maria: Call me heavy... It's all muscle! I'll show them a thing or two about heavy!

Weiss: We're on board.

Elsewhere, Ruby, Jaune, Nora, Ren, Oscar, Qrow, and (Y/N) waited along the cliffside between the forest and the ocean.

Ruby: Alright, we'll all watch our scrolls. The second Weiss is out of range of the comm tower, that'll mean she's out of range of the radar too.

Yang was speaking to the group over the radio.

Yang: And that's when Blake steps in. We're almost at the drop off.

In another area, Yang was driving Bumblebee with Blake sitting behind her. Blake had her Scroll out receiving instructions from Terra.

Terra: Okay, remember: one, the radar box is separate from the rest of the communications equipment. So if you disconnect it properly, it won't take out comms for the rest of the city. Two, this conversation never happened.

Blake: Don't worry, this isn't the first time I've disabled Atlas security.

Terra stared back with an unamused look.

Terra: Never. Happened.

Yang arrived at the drop off point. Blake stepped off the bike and proceeded forward.

Yang: You sure I shouldn't come with?

Blake: More intruders means we're more likely to be seen. Besides, stealth isn't exactly your, um...

Yang stared back at Blake with her arms crossed.

Blake: I mean, you're great! And I'll hurry back.

Yang softened her expression.

Yang: Go.

Blake smiled back at her before heading off, speaking to the group over comms.

Blake: Heading in on foot. Won't be long.

Jaune: Yes! It's all going to plan!

Jaune then looked to Ren and Nora, who just stared at him with neutral looks. Jaune cleared his throat, nervously.

Jaune: I mean, uh... roger.

Ren and Nora exchanged a brief glance while rolling their eyes at their leader. Oscar noticed Ruby and (Y/N) looking over with concern to Qrow, who was leaning against a tree with an uneasy look on his face.

Oscar walked closer to the two of them, speaking to Ruby.

Oscar: Hey, this is gonna work.

Ruby: Yeah.

On the airship, Weiss sat in a passenger seat. She looked down at her scroll and noticed her friends' signals slowly going out of range. Upon seeing this, Weiss made her move. She got up and headed toward the cockpit.

Nubuck Guard 1: Miss Schnee! For your own safety, we must request--

Nubuck Guard 2: What?

Weiss could be heard activating a glyph.

Nubuck Guard 1: Traitor!

Grunts from the guards were heard. The airship was seen flying by as the two guards were tied together by a black Schnee glyph as a parachute slowed their descent.

Nubuck Guard 2: This parachute won't excuse you of your treachery!

The glyph deactivated, causing one of the guards to hang onto the other guard for dear life.

Back on the airship, Weiss walked over to the controls with Maria taking the pilot's seat.

Weiss: And you're sure you can fly this?

Maria: Missy, I was the Grimm Reaper! What part of "best Huntress of her generation" don't you understand?

Weiss: Right, but your eyes.

Maria chuckled as she noticed a small device plugged in the controls. She took out the device and plugged it into her goggles. Text on one of the screens read "TRANSMITTING SENSOR ARRAY DATA" as Maria's prosthetic eyes grew more wide.

Maria: You were saying?

Weiss: That you said your eyes were in desperate need of repair!

Maria then held a finger out at Weiss.

Maria: Bup bup bup.

Weiss: But--

Maria: Bup!

Weiss ultimately relented. She put on her seatbelt as Maria started to fly around.

Back on the ground, Ruby watched her scroll as Weiss' signal disappeared.

Ruby: Alright guys, this is it.

She placed her fingers on her ear.

Ruby: Blake, you're up.

There was no response.

Ruby: Blake?

Ruby looked back to her friends in worry, (Y/N) cocking his head, looking away from the group.

Yang sat on the ground next to Bumblebee, Ruby speaking over comms.

Ruby: Yang, what's going on?

Yang got up and looked over to the relay tower.

Yang: I don't know...

Yang looked to her scroll and saw Weiss' signal coming back on.

Back at the base, Cordovin watched her men working the terminals. A beep was heard.

Terminal Soldier: Ma'am, we've got something on radar.

Cordovin: And who would be foolish enough to enter our airspace unannounced?

Terminal Soldier: Apparently... us, ma'am.

Back on the airship with Weiss and Maria...

Terminal Soldier: Manta 5-1, this is Argus Base. We see you circled back. What's your status, over.

Weiss: Why can they see us?

Maria: Somebody dropped the ball. Don't worry, I've worked with Atlas forces before. I know their jargon.

Maria picked up the radio, clearing her throat before she spoke.

Maria: Argus Base, this is Manta 5-1. Feel free to gaff off. Thought we were going to scrub due to FOD, but we're back up and green across the board, over.

Static was the only thing heard from the Terminal Soldier.

Terminal Soldier: Manta 5-1, return to base immediately, or you will be treated as hostile, over.

Weiss: I thought you said you knew their jargon!

Terminal Soldier: Jargon was fine, but our pilots aren't elderly women.

Maria: Huh, well they got me there! Ooh, my mind really is going! Why would you kids let me fly this thing?

Cordovin yelled over the radio now.

Cordovin: Calavera! You and those insolent children are up to something, aren't you?

Back at the base.

Cordovin: You thought you could undermine my authority? If you don't return my ship this INSTANT, I will make an example out of you. I will show you the true might of Atlas!

Over the radio, a crunching sound was heard.

Maria: You hear that, Cordo?

Cordovin's expression slowly turned enraged.

Back on the airship, Maria munched on cashews with her mouth open.

Maria: That's the sound of me not caring!

She laughed maniacally, Weiss putting her fingers to her ear.

Weiss: Ruby, we're in trouble. Cordo's onto us, and Maria isn't helping! Why is the radar still up?

Ruby: We don't know, Blake isn't responding.

Oscar: What do we do?

Yang: Keep the ship in one piece.

Yang was revving her motorcycle. She quickly zoomed over to the radar tower.

Nora: Maybe we should fly over to help Yang and Blake first?

Qrow: Damn it! Cordo's gonna scramble her fighters. We've got maybe ninety seconds before they're in the air, and all over Weiss and Maria. This is all my fault...

Jaune: What are you talking about? Your Semblance?

Qrow: Every choice I've ever made has led me here, and I've dragged you along with me. Oz, myself, the others... We're responsible for the mess the world's in now. I shouldn't have come, shouldn't have let any of you come... What was I thinking?

There was a pause as (Y/N) looked over to Qrow, their looks meeting for a brief second, before the older one looked away, (Y/N) visibly distraught.

Ruby: We're all in this together, and we're all going to do the best we can. That's all anyone can do. And I know it's what you've always aimed for. We would've come whether or not you'd let us, so stop talking like we're your responsibility! We're not! But we could still use Qrow Branwen on our side.

Qrow pondered his niece's words.

Qrow: Hm... How did you grow up so fast?

Ruby: I had good role models.

The two shared a smile.

Weiss: Guys? She's not sending fighters...

The group looked over to the Argus base. Suddenly, the mountain at the base retracted, revealing a colossal mech that overlooked the city of Argus.

Cordovin: Clearly the people have forgotten that they live in peace thanks to the awesome might of Atlas!

Weiss: Is Cordovin... piloting that?

Cordovin: Consider this a reminder!

Cordovin charged up the mech's arm cannon, which let out an electric burst that fired at the ship Weiss and Maria were piloting. The controls went critical as Maria's eyes spun.

Weiss: Are you okay?

Maria: I am, but she's clearly lost her mind!

Cordovin: And that was merely a warning shot! All Atlas personnel standby, and watch how your leader maintains order!

Ruby and her group looked over to see Weiss and Maria fly in, with Cordovin in her mech following close behind.

Cordovin: It's time you asked yourselves, children... Do you truly wish to defy me?

Ruby: Hurry back, Weiss. I need you on the ground if we're gonna take this thing down.

Ruby turned around, looking for comfort, when she found it missing.

Meanwhile, at the comms tower, Blake's scroll was on the ground.

Weiss: Why is the radar... up?

Ruby: We don't... know! Blake's isn't... responding!

Someone stepped on the scroll as they ran. Blake was running behind cover. She looked next to her, only to discover a motionless body of an Atlas guard. Blake reeled back in horror. 

Blake was then forced to take cover again when a gunshot was heard. She looked to the floor below her, with Adam Taurus sheathing Wilt into Blush. He had discarded his Grimm mask and now wore a black blindfold to cover his eyes.

Adam: It's nice to finally have time to ourselves. Don't you think?

Blake: Leave me alone!

Blake fired at Adam, but he blocked and absorbed the bullets with his sword.

Adam: But I've waited so long, for you to be away from them.

Blake ran over and used a cable to zipwire herself down, but Adam cut the cable with his semblance, causing Blake to land on the same platform he was on. The two proceeded to clash blades, until Blake kicked him back a distance.

Adam: Why did you have to come into my life and ruin everything?

Blake: You stalked me across Anima! I don't want anything to do with your life!

Adam proceeded forward and clashed swords with Blake again. Blake leapt up and used her semblance to land on the platform above. She looked over the rail and pointed her pistol down. 

Suddenly she looked behind and got hit with the hilt of Wilt. Blake swung around and clashed with Adam again. Blake landed on the rail and dodged out of the way of Adam's semblance, landing on the platform above. 

Suddenly, Adam reappeared and grabbed Blake by the throat. He pushed Blake to the edge of the railing, but Blake stomped on his foot and both of them fell over the rail. The two crashed through multiple tree branches, breaking their fall back to the ground. The two slowly got back up.

Blake: Let go of the past, Adam. Do it for yourself.

Adam: Just forget it all? Is that what you did to me? You just threw our memories away?

Blake: Adam!

Adam: I let you go once already, Blake. I'm never making that mistake again...

The two former partners took defensive stances, and prepared for battle against each other...

Edel looked at the person in front of him, sighing.

Renata: I've missed you, Aloysius.

He glared at the girl in front of him, fighting back the emotions that tried to bubble up.

Renata: I'm hurt that you're not responding. Do you not love me?

Edel: If you loved me, you wouldn't have surrendered to her. How long ago did you give up?

Renata shrugged.

Renata: A few hundred years ago, I don't remember those things anymore. Do you? Can you remember when you got your semblance?

She waited a few moments, smiling at her brother, who said nothing in return.

Renata: Something that would be monumental to life... Something that no one would forget... You have, haven't you? You've started to fall.

Edel: I've more important things to worry about then desire and the day I obtained a tool.

Renata: But that's what makes us human, is it not? These human qualities that you've seemed to lose. Shall I show you?

Edel said nothing, his eyes widening a fraction as he whipped his head around, seeing the younger man as fire consumed the area around them.

What makes us human?

Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 86 5
Cover Art by MisterLloyd Headmaster Ozpin is in a bit of a pickle. It has come to his attention that one of his potential students has faked their tr...
13.5K 112 18
y/n wasn't just an ordinary student at beacon academy, he wasn't even close to being that All rights for rwby go to rooster teeth
47.2K 691 30
This is a Yang X Reader, you are Y/N, a knight in training, ran from his home and now must live with his past right behind him, he joined Beacon to f...
299 0 4
The story will follow a young man who, unfortunately, finds himself in a world he isn't familiar with, having no explanation or memory as to how he a...