An Unlikely Partnership~Todod...

By Toothfury101

Beneath the ground in a place of old, A power lies to dominate untold. Give power to all that needs, Free the... More

2~ Reunion
3~ A Strip of Paper
4~ Action!
5~ Clues and Blues
6~ Deep Water Diving
7~ I don't forget...
8~ Lucky numbers
9~ Rise and Shine... HEROES~!
10~ Code 181198
11~ Mirrored Feelings
12~ Mastermind Lies
13~ A Phone Call
14~ Step Mark
15~ Maze of Mystery Lvl.1
16~ Maze of Mystery Lv.2
17~ Venom, Force and Speed
18~ To Carry On is the Hardest Part
19~ Who Do We Save?
21~ The Days We Spent Together
21~ Lights, Camera, Interview!
Epilogue
THANK YOU! -From the Author
Chapter of nothing

1~ What's this about?

209 3 14
By Toothfury101

"And Pro Hero Deku saves the day again!" The crowd cheered as Midoriya waved at them and bent his knees before jumping away, green electricity crackling around him.

As he surged through the air, many people shouted and pointed below, cheering for his new success. He always waved back, often saying hi to fans, autographing objects and answering occasional questions from the media.

When he finally arrived back at his house, he was drained as usual. To be honest, it was always kind of lonely. He lived by himself in a two-storey house with two bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, two bathrooms and two studies.

Why he needed two of all the other rooms, he had no idea. He had no special someone or any family that lived with him. It was just... Himself.

He sighed as he hung his cape up on the pegs behind the door before heading to the kitchen to make himself a coffee. The kitchen had a wood floor with grey countertops and white cabinets.

Little images, snippets of his childhood lined one shelf on his wall. Him in his All Might pyjamas as a little kid, his first day of middle school, being at the park with his mother, first day of U.A. High School, his work study with Nighteye, his first debut as a pro hero, a little snippet from the newspaper of when he made it to number one in the Japanese Hero Billboard chart and one last photo with his class, teachers, and other friends on the last day of U.A.

The coffee machine had stopped buzzing and Midoriya picked the cup up. The steam rose, curling in the cool air of the kitchen, light catching on the small water droplets. The steam trailed after him as he walked to the living room and sat down on the couch.

A black screen flickered to life, playing the news of his new success on defeating the villain- Blaze- who had tried to steal money from countless banks. The villain had succeeded several times before Pro Hero Deku had gone undercover and tricked the criminal before capturing him.

Midoriya sipped his coffee slowly and turned the TV off. There was nothing interesting anymore. At least not for him. Other than being the centre of attention, there was barely anything else that reporters spoke of.

For him, this was a normal day-to-day schedule. He would go home, drink a cup of coffee, turn the TV on, turn the TV off and do whatever else he pleased. Midoriya was perfectly happy though. It was his childhood dream after all, being the best pro hero and everything else with it. He was the next symbol of peace.

"I AM HERE!" Midoriya jumped as his phone went off. He laughed at being jump scared in such a way and picked up the phone.

"Hey All Might! What's the sudden phone call for?"

"I AM HERE young Midoriya-"

"ALL MIGHT! I AM NOT YOUNG ANYMORE!"

"Anyways, I called because I want to congratulate you on your recent successes. As your teacher and now non-related dad, I am immensely proud."

"Aww thank you All Might!"

"Midoriya, it's part of my job!"

Midoriya smiles to himself and crosses his legs on the couch before he carries on talking with All Might.

"Alright! I have to go now, but I'll talk to you soon young Midoriya!"

"Goodnight All Might!"

With that parting, the call ended and Midoriya set his phone down on the little coffee table.

It's getting late... I should probably get to sleep if I want to save Japan while I'm awake tomorrow. He stood up and picked up his cup before heading to the kitchen to wash it out. The ceramic clinked against the metal hanger slightly as he hung it up to dry.

The kitchen light flickered off. Then small, soft creaks emitted from the staircase. Another light, this time on the second floor, flickered to life, followed by the sounds of running water.

Soon, he was standing in his dark bedroom turning off the lamps.

"Tomorrow's going to be another busy day..." He said to no one in particular. "I might as well rest. What kind of hero is always half asleep?"

Then he chuckled as he remembered his old U.A teacher, Shota Aizawa- also known as the Pro Hero Eraserhead- and shook his head. Aizawa was always half asleep and showed up to school in a yellow sleeping bag.

Getting into bed, the pillows were readjusted, and the sound of rustling fabric was heard for a few more seconds. Midoriya felt his eyelids drooping shut and smiled faintly before drifting into a dream where everything was perfect. A world made just for him.

Waking up the next morning always wasn't the easiest, especially for Midoriya. The twenty-two-year-old groaned and sat up, stretching out his stiff limbs.

The blinds were opened, and shafts of bright sunlight poured into the room.

Ugh... It's so bright. He dealt with it anyway and changed into his hero suit.

He would have a quick hight-fibre breakfast (if he ate too much at breakfast and then long distance jumped, the breakfast would probably have made a reappearance by lunch, the first time it happened, it hadn't been pretty), then go out and scout the areas for crime.

This was a daily thing. Get up, have breakfast, go out, save people, come back, have coffee, watch TV and go to bed. He loved being a hero, he really did. Unfortunately, being a hero also meant very similar things on day-to-day bases.

Pushing that thought aside, he put on a large smile and headed out of the door.

It was early spring, and small flower buds had already started to peek out of the dirt. A light breeze accompanied him on his patrol, sometimes carrying a few wisps of pollen with them. Cherry Blossom trees had yet to bloom, but fields and grassy areas were already looking green.

"I AM HERE!"

Midoriya jumped slightly, almost losing his footing mid-jump, before landing lightly on the roof of an apartment.

Who could it be this time while I'm working? He wondered. Pulling his phone out of the shockproof pocket, he looked a little shocked. The ID of the caller was no other than Dynamight Agency.

Why would Kacchan's agency be calling me? We haven't talked in three years. Nonetheless, he pressed answer and Bakugou's voice issued from the speakers.

"Hey Deku."

"Hey Kacchan..."

"We're pros now, don't call me Kacchan."

"Alright Dynamight. Anyways, what are you calling me for? I'm in the middle of a patrol..."

Bakugou sounded slightly miffed. "Yes. I know. We're all busy these days. But Dynamight Agency needs help on a mission and we're calling some of the best heroes all over the country to help us with our investigation. It's like the incident with the Shie Hassaikai again, but we believe it's bigger. And it's not about a girl. That's not the point though. We believe this person is very dangerous and as the No.1 hero, we want you to help."

"Y-you do? I mean I'd love to help. But what do you need me to do?"

"Deku, I can't tell you over the phone, it's too dangerous. We're calling all the pro's over to Dynamight Agency's base and we're planning to discuss it there."

"Ok. Sounds good, I'll be there as soon as possible after I get someone to take over my patrol shift."

"Alright. You better not be late though damn nerd."

Deku laughed a little. "Well, since I guess we're doing nicknames again, I won't Kacchan."

Bakugou growled into the phone before hanging up, leaving Midoriya a laughing mess. Alright. I need another hero to take over my shift while I'm at it... Oh! I'll call Ojiro! He's usually around this area.

A little while later, pro hero Tailman had agreed to take over his shift and Midoriya was off again, jumping from building to building, making his way to Kamino where Dynamight Agency was.

Kamino wasn't far from where Midoriya was on patrol, so he was there in under half an hour.

Skidding to a stop in front of the glass doors, he composed himself before pushing open the glass doors.

The reception was clean and a man stood at the desk, presumably working under Bakugou.

"Welcome to Dynamight Agency Pro Hero Deku, how may I help you?" The receptionist spoke in a very monotone voice.

"He's with me."

Midoriya whipped around to see Bakugou walking out of one of the corridors behind him. The receptionist nodded before Bakugou lead Midoriya off in the direction he came from.

"Pretty much everyone I've called have arrived, but we're still waiting on a few more people."

He nodded and walked through the door after Bakugou. "How have things been Kacchan?"

Bakugou looked a little annoyed but smiled. "You know... Same old routine, stopping crime. Well, before this incident anyways.."

The conversation died there. After a millennium of walking, they finally arrived at a room. The door had a metal plate that read, 'Agency Meeting Room'.

"Now I have to warn you, most of the people here you know. I hope you guys can get along again after so many years... Let's go."

He had never seen this side of Bakugou before. He seemed more grown up and composed compared to what he was like previously.

The door swung open and he breathed in slowly. Bakugou entered and said something which was barely audible to the room, but it fell silent.

"Come on in."

Midoriya stepped forwards into the room and there were several collective gasps.

"DEKU-KUN!"

He turned sharply and smiled as a human hurtled towards him like a missile.

"URARAKA! IIDA! How have you guys been?"

Lots of his old U.A classmates came forwards and congratulated him. It was like a big school reunion.

So many people were there. Kaminari, Shinsou, Uraraka, Iida, Tsu, Yaoyorozu, Jirou, Kirishima, Mirio, Nejire, Tamaki, Hagakure and Mina. Some of the best heroes in the country. Chatter filled the room once more as old friends started catching up.

Not long later, the door creaked again, and the room silenced. Everyone who had turned to see who it was.

"I'm sorry I'm late."

Midoriya's eyes widened. This was the last person he expected to see.

Bakugou grinned, satisfied that everyone was here. "Let's start!" And the meeting started, the former U.A classmates shocked beyond belief. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 42.1K 21
"Take a swan dive off a building, you might have a quirk in your next life." Katsuki laughed maliciously. Izuku had finally had it, that was the last...
2.8M 99.4K 161
"...You can't go through life on your own, just like a hero can't always save the day on their own. Sometimes, they need a bit of help from their fri...
126 20 20
This is for the talented writers of My Hero Academia/Baku No Hero Academia fanfics. I will include general writing tips, images, canonical attribute...