put your records on

By emmasgrant

[ ๐šŽ๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š— ๐š๐š˜๐š•๐šŠ๐š— ] "girl put your records on, tell me your favorite song." in which maggie finds her... More

put your records on
prologue
c. i
c. ii
c. iii
c. iv
c. v
c. vi
c. vii
c. viii
c. ix
c. x
c. xi
c. xii
c. xiii
c. xv
c. xvi
c. xvii
c. xviii

c. xiv

23 3 0
By emmasgrant

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
I LOVE YOU, ETHAN

"god i have way too many vinyls." maggie whispered to herself.

little did she know, ethan was watching her from the door. he tried not to laugh at the cute girl talking to herself.

"i don't even know who this is."

"this record has never even been played."

"this one's still in the packaging!"

ethan couldn't take it anymore. he wrapped his arms around the girl. "hi maggie."

"hi grant. wanna help me?"

he shrugged his shoulders and plopped down on her bed. "your room is nice."

"you tell me that everyday, e." she reminded him.

maggie had a train album in her hand. "god drops of jupiter is so good."

"put it on." ethan told her.

drops of jupiter (tell me) played out of the mint green victrola record player.

he got up and held her waist. "dance with me."

she wrapped her hands around his neck. "hi lover boy."

"hi mags." ethan pressed his lips to hers.

maggie felt like she was in a movie. dancing in her room to a good song with the boy of her dreams? her life was complete.

"do you want to go on a date with me?" he whispered to her all giddily.

she giggled. "yes, where are we going?"

"the park. wear something comfy."

central park
around noon

maggie wore a pink plaid sundress with wedges, an outfit ethan adored. "you look so cute, m."

"thank you, e." she smiled.

the two laid on a light yellow sheet, a picnic basket with sandwiches, fruit, and waters (a secret apple juice included) inside of it.

ethan sat up and looked at the girl. "i have something to ask you."

"mhm?" she hummed, sitting up.

"will you be my girlfriend?" he grinned.

the girl's face lit up. she didn't say anything as she was lost for words.

"so is that a no?" ethan's voice cracked.

maggie laughed. "it's a yes, ethan."

he kissed maggie, leaving his lips on hers for a longer amount of time. "turn around, i have a surprise."

the girl scooted her body around and he placed a necklace around her neck, clasping it.

it read "grant," each letter a charm.

maggie's fingers reached for the necklace. her eyes filled with tears as she was able to read the letters.

"baby what's wrong?" ethan's voice was very soft.

he wiped her with his thumbs. "i love you, ethan. i don't care if it's too early. i think i'm in love with you. you're everything i've ever wanted and more." she spilled out.

a grin was plastered around his face. "i'm in love with you too, maggie. it makes me really happy that i don't have to hide it anymore."

she pressed her lips to his again. "i love you so much sweet girl."

the two ate their sandwiches contently, talking lightly as they went about.

maggie was truly the happiest she's ever been. with any boy, or with any person.

ethan showed her what true love was, something elliot never did.

their relationship was half-assed, but maggie never realized that as it was the only relationship she had ever been in.

and for ethan, he was starstruck. maggie wasn't like any of the other girls he dated.

she cared about a lot of things, but most importantly, she cared about everyone around her.

and she cared about him.

dolan enterprise
nine a.m.

"oh look, it's my gorgeous girlfriend." ethan said as they sat in the lobby with izzy.

"god, you two start dating and finally begin showing affection in public," she rolled her eyes. "but i'm truly happy for you guys. just please don't propose at my wedding, ethan."

maggie reddened at her joke. "but anywayssss, i have to go. they need pictures of my pretty face."

ethan grabbed maggie's hand and they headed up to ethan's office.

"my mom wants you to have lunch with her." ethan casually said to maggie.

but she didn't think of it as casual.

"oh haha i can't make it." maggie said, sarcastically.

"too bad, i gave her your number."

unknown
Hello Maggie,
it's Lisa.

"you're meannn." she said.

Maggie
oh hello
mrs. dolan!

e's mom
Oh you don't have
to call me that!

e's mom
I was wondering if
you wanted to have
lunch sometime
next week?

Maggie
i would love to!

Maggie
i just need the place
and time and i'll for
sure be there!

e's mom
Perfect!

e's mom
Talk to you soon.

"why would you do that?" she squealed. "what if i do something wrong and she gets a bad impression? i was awkward enough when we went dress shopping!"

ethan got up from his chair and wrapped his arms around her. "you'll be just fine, she's gonna love you."

while ethan worked on his computer, maggie sat in the break room swirling a spoon in a cold coffee. i don't even like coffee, she thought.

casper the ghost
congrats on your
new relationship!!

cute coffee girl
oh how'd you
know about that?

casper the ghost
saw it in some
gossip magazine

cute coffee girl
it happened yesterday,
how do people already
know?

casper the ghost
news travels fast when
you're dating a rich man

cute coffee girl
to be fair, i didn't know
anything about him
before i met him

cute coffee girl
well i knew his dad
was rich but

casper the ghost
i know what you mean.

casper the ghost
i'm thirsty

casper the ghost
for coffee

cute coffee girl
same place?

casper the ghost
precisely.

the coffee shop
eleven thirty a.m.

"apple juice again?" casper pointed to maggie's choice of drink.

"yes of course," she sipped from the straw. "if they have it, i'm ordering it."

casper placed a paper in front of her. "will you read this and maybe edit it? i really want this paper to be good."

instead of on a couch, they sat at a light blue table today. maggie took a red pen and edited his paper. the red ink wasn't seen on the paper much, just minor grammar issues.

"this paper is really good! you're a great writer." she said, smiling.

lover boy
where'd you
goooooooo

mags <3
coffee w
casper

lover boy
ah

lover boy
ok

mags <3
how do people
already know
wer're dating?

lover boy
i knew you'd bring
this up. i'm the son
of a famous business
man, maggie.

lover boy
i don't necessarily
have a private life

lover boy
and i'm sure you didn't
want casper knowing
you had a boyfriend

mags <3
god ethan i
told you it's
not like that!

lover boy
he called you
cutie, maggie

mags <3
we weren't even
dating, ethan!

lover boy
whatever

mags <3
ethan.
(read)

mags <3
answer me ethan
(read)

mags <3
oh my god.
(read)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 8.7K 95
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.3M 57.9K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
204K 4.3K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
72.3K 3.2K 19
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...