Living With Animals

By SavWrites22

BOOK TWO IS UP HIGHEST RANKINGS- #1 out of 6k in living- #1 out of 958 in Leukemia-#2 out of 1.14k in cancer... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chaoter 49
Chapter 50 y'all!!!!!!!!
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60! THE LAST CHAPTER BEFORE BOOK 2
Epilogue/Preview
YALL

Chapter 6

694 3 1
By SavWrites22

A/N: So I decided to fast forward about a month and her chemotherapy has started. Laken and Drew have become her best friends and Avery is also her best friend. Jacob and Claire have a love hate relationship and are rude to eachother but in a loving way. Besides when the joke around with eachother and make fun of one another, they hardly talk. Claire is Hudson's favorite and Spencer's and Claire haven't met yet but are meeting tonight. Okay, authors note over. Proceed :)

Claire's P.O.V.
5:43 P.M.

I look into the mirror and my fragile figure. The chemotherapy has helped tremendously, and I can tell because I feel much stronger and better, but I can still see frail I am. I'm still pale, but not as much. My body is definitely skinnier. Not dangerously skinny, or sickly skinny but it's much smaller than before. I can see my abs now, and my legs and arms are like twigs, because I've lost a lot of muscle from not being able to exercise as much. I get too tired too easily to exercise.

I get ready for dinner putting on a white tank top, with a pair of peach shorts to make me look tan-ish. I walk over to the small mirror with shelves next to it and grab the hair brush.

I start brushing my hair and I put it up on a ponytail. As I go to set the brush down I notice something. My heart immediately drops and tears have already reached my eyes.

The chemo is causing my hair to fall out.

I'm interrupted as I hear my phone go off. I want expecting any calls so I go i go over to look at it. I have 40 minutes until dinner with every single one of the Hart boys. We're going out to dinner at some fancy restaurant that I don't know how to say.

With tears still in my eyes I pick up my phone and see that the caller I.D. reads Cash. My only friend that didn't leave me when they found out about my parents. Also my ride or die in a friendship kind of way. I could never date him. We've been bestiaries since we were 2. We haven't talked since I moved because we've both been busy.

"Claire!" he exclaims when I answer the FaceTime call, pointing the camera up to the ceiling so he can see the mascara stains on my face. "Claire, why aren't you showing me your face? Come on I want to see you!"

"I-um, just need to do something real quick." He looks skeptical as I quickly rush over to my desk and wipe my face with a make up wipe and put my hair up, not looking at the hairbrush unable to take in the sight of the fallen hair.

I can already feel my thick hair, thin as ever, and see it too. When I first had this my hair didn't fall out at all. Hopefully, he won't notice.

"Okay done." I point the camera at my face and he smiles, the frowns.

"You okay?" he asks. I bite my lip.

"Yes. Great," I lie. He can tell, and I know he can by the time of my voice, and how i'm hitting my lip. I only do that when i'm nervous or lying.

"You sit on a throne of lies," he accuses and laughs. I laugh along with him. The line is from one of our favorite movies. "But in all seriousness Claire, what's going on? Are the boys treating you rudely?"

"No. And by the way, I'm living with 6 other boys besides Mason." His jaw drops.

"Holy shit. Anyways, don't do that thing where you change the subject and expect me to forgot. It didn't work. Never has, never will." Damn it.

"If I tell you, you have to promise you'll keep completely calm and won't freak out?"

"No can do, but continue."

"Remember the headaches K started getting a few months ago? And how I kept getting dizzy spells?" He nods. So oblivious but so am I obviously since I didn't realize what it was.

I get up and head over to grab my hairbrush, but a knock in my door interrupts. "Come in!" I yell. Drew walks in.

"How's it going? Mom said dinner starts in 30 minutes, and Spencer will be here in 5 minutes. Do you want to come downstairs and meet him or wait till dinner?"

"I'll come downstairs, I just have to talk to Cash for a minute," I say and motion i've tot my phone.

"Okay."

"Cash," I start and hold up the hairbrush. He gasps. "It's back."

"No. No you're joking right?" I shake my head. "When did this start?" he asks. "Tell me it didn't start while you were her because that means you could have died at any moment." I'm slightly crying again. Cash knows more than I do about my leukemia. It shows what a true friend he is.

"It did Cash, it did. Now it's 10x worse than it was, 5 years ago."

"No, no, no. Stop, Tell me this is some sort of diabolical prank. It would be mean but it would be a relief."

"It's not a joke Cash."

"Oh my god." He put his head in his hands. The his head darts up. "I have to Claire. I'll talk to you soon." That was sudden.

"Bye, Cash."

"Bye, Claire Bear." I roll my eyes at the old name, and his attempt to be funny, and hang up, as Jacob walks in my room.

"Can I help y-" I start, then sees the hairbrush in my hand. He stares at my hair and I can tell he notices that my hair is much thinner. He grabs my hand without saying a word and starts pulling me out of my room. I shake my hand free but follow him.

"What are we doing?" I ask and he doesn't answer. He walks into the bathroom but doesn't shut the door. Instead, he goes into the cabinet under the sink. He pulls it two hair razors, and I must look up at him with awe because he smiles.

"Your best bet is to shave your head. Otherwise the hair will get really thin and it will look bad."

"How'd you know?"

"My ex's little sister had cancer."

"Oh." I notice him pick up the razor and switches out the top so that it is now able to shave my head. He brings the razor up to his hair and starts to shave his head, before I can object.

"What the hell?" I yell. He shrugs.

"You can't do this alone. You really think I was going to let you walk around bald without someone else so you don't why made fun of?" he asks, rhetorically.

"You're a lot nicer than you seem."

"No, I just know I'll still get all the ladies even with a bald head." I roll my eyes

He really is related to his brothers.

I pick up the razor and hold it up to my head, taking a deep breath as tears fill my eyes. I really didn't think I'd have to do this.

~*~*~*~*~
I walk into my room, fix my makeup, and put on a cute, lightweight jacket and a put up the hood coveringmy head. Jacob waits for me.

"Come on, Claire. Spencer got here 10 ministers ago." I never said he waited patiently.

"Okay, okay. I'm coming," I respond as I rush out the door.

I walk downstairs and see Mason in the living room. He doesn't seem to notice my hood as I pass him.

I walk into the kitchen and see an overly excited Isabelle talking tia bored boy. I assume he is Spencer.

"Hi honey! Why are you wearing a hood inside? she asks. I make up a lie that could make sense, theoretically.

"My ears were cold and I didn't want to put a hat on."

"Well should at least make it so that your hair is showing! Your hair so super pretty." She goes to fix it and I back away. She looks at me oddly, as does Spencer and I take down my hood.

"Oh, Claire. How bad was it?" she asks.

"It got really thin in a matter of like 4 brushes," I respond looking at the floor. Spencer looks confused. "Leukemia," I tell him and he nods.

"Alright, party people! Let's get this show on the road," Isabelle yells and then disappears.

She comes back with a peach colored hat that matches my shorts.

"Thanks but I'm still wearing the jacket. It's freaking cold in here."

"That's fine," is all she responds and we head out to the car!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
What did you think of that chapter? Did you like Cash? We're you surprised by Jacob? Tell me in the comments!

Thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to comment! Or do, I'm not forcing you to comment just a suggestion!

Feel free to ask questions for Question of the chapter in the comments! No personal questions please!

And do you guys think the chapters are too short or good sized?

QOTC: What is your favorite book series?
AOTC: Either Divergent, Red Queen, or The Selection Series!

Have an great day y'all!
-Sav😘

P.S. I did not proofread!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.9K 826 30
Something tragic has happened. A 17 year old Valeri has to move to her dad's place. She spent all her life thinking he was dead. Her now dead mother...
6.4M 259K 32
Allison was never one to talk. She is quiet, shy, has no friends, and keeps to herself. She was never like this when she was younger. But when her mo...
2.7M 73.2K 49
Book 1 On a werewolfs sixteenth birthday, they finally are granted the senses to seek out their mate. Alyssa and Amy have been friends all their life...
1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...