Reality Ever After

By ScribbledVisions

Join in to witness Manik and Nandini strive through the challenges thrown by life. It's all about them growin... More

Copyright ©
Part 1. Our Journey
Part 2. Our Worlds Entwining
Part 3. Let me Protect You
Part 4. I'll Hold You Till the End of Time
Part 5. Mockery Malfunctioned
Part 6. Late Night Phenomenon
Part 7. Pent-Up Emotional Outburst
Part 8. I'll Be There For You
Part 9. Coffee Chronicles
Part 10. Lovers' Quarrel
Part 11. Make-up Kisses and Conversations
Part 12. The Note is Too Low
Part 13. You Before Me
Part 14. D-Day Jitters
Part 15. Relationship Analytics
Part 16. A Cinderella Moment
Part 17. The Adregenic Concert
Part 18. Head over Heels
Part 19. Plan B
Part 20. This Ain't a Fairy Tale
Part 21. A Two-Way Street?
Part 22. Pieces of a Puzzle
Looking for Inspiration
Part 23. Unknown Aptitude
Part 24. Awkward Huddle
Part 25. Girl Talk
Part 26. Physics & Pa
Part 27. A Tangled Mess
Part 28. Mad At (About) You
Part 29. Lean on me
Part 30. Happy Realization
Part 31. Home
Part 32. Bills and Birth Control
Part 33. Contraversies and Conclusions
Part 34. Insecurities At Play
Part 35. Bickering Travellers
Part 36. Tipsy Tales
Part 37. Travel Diaries
Part 38. The Battle of Betrayal
Part 40. Crime Master Gogo
Part 41. A Long Day's Night
Part 42. Impulsive Decisions
Part 43. The First Compromise
Part 44. Friend or Follower?
Part 45. Solace in your Arms
Part 46. Denial & Acceptance
Part 47. Pride & Protectiveness
Part 48. Finding Family
Part 49. A Blessing in Disguise
Part 50. You Inspire Me
Part 51. A Born Leader
Part 52. Envy, Guilt & Fury
Part 53. Shattered But Stronger
Part 54. The Price of Privilege
Part 55. Struggle to Success
Part 56. A Peek into the Future
Decode the cover
Part 57. Diverging Thoughts
Part 58. Baby Steps
Part 59. Rejection
Part 60. Just Another Bad Day
Part 61. Wants and Needs
Part 62. Helpless Turmoil
Part 63. Seize & Surrender
Part 64. Bare My Soul
Chapter 65. Forever Rose
Note
The MaNan Movie - Such a Sham!
Part 66. Ground Rules
Chapter 67: Pawn in the Game
Part 68. Life is a Lie
Part 69. Numb
Part 70. House of Cards
Part 71. My Anchor in the Storm
Note
Part 72. A Web of Love
Part 73. The Battle of the Mind
KYY Season 4 - Penny for your Thoughts?
Part 74. Letting Go
Part 75. One Last Time
Part 76 - The Beauty of Their Dreams

Part 39. My Pillar of Strength

5.1K 657 136
By ScribbledVisions

Hey guys,

Thank you for the amazing comments I've received for the previous chapter. I'm sorry but I'll get to responding to you all soon.

Also, I'm sorry for being late for this chapter. But in my defence, I was doing a little research for this chapter by watching 'Avengers' again. But then, unfortunately, I got hooked to it and landed up watching all 4 movies back to back. 😂

And not to mention, I cried like a baby when Tony Stark dies in the end! 😩

Anyway, that's got nothing to do with our Manan's story. So I hope you enjoy this chapter and do let me know your thoughts on this one.
—————————————————————————

A week passed by and Manik was still trying to deal with what his friends had done behind his back. He hadn't bothered going to college the next few days either. Cabir and Mukti were desperately trying to call him and reach out to him. But Manik wasn't answering any of their calls. They had even tried going to his house but the butlers had told him he wasn't home. They knew there was a high possibility that he was home but had instructed the butlers to not let them know if they came over. They had even tried getting in touch with Nandini, which would in turn let them know about Manik. But Nandini had been ignoring their calls too. They simply didn't know what to do.

Manik, on the other hand, had withdrawn into his shell. He barely got out of his room. He spent hours binge watching random shows on Netflix to keep his mind off things, slept and woke up at odd hours of the day. He skipped most of his meals or probably just ate random junk food which he either ordered home or asked the butlers to go fetch. The only time he was a little bit himself or when he actually felt normal was when Nandini visited him everyday.

Since he refused to come to college, Nandini made it a point to visit him once at least before she went back home for the day. She let Manik be the first few days as she knew he was disturbed and sad about his friends. She didn't question it either because she knew his friends meant more to him than his life. And to have been betrayed by them was one of the biggest setbacks he could have faced in life. But now, the temporary sadness was beginning to prolong a little longer than expected. He was almost slipping into depression and she could not afford that. But she didn't know what more to do than just be there for him.

She mostly found him sleeping when she came to visit him in the evenings and she woke him up everyday. He didn't bother showering till she forced him to. The butlers told her about his eating habits about how Manik was skipping breakfast daily and barely even had lunch. He usually called for pizzas or other junk food in the middle of the day or night and didn't bother working out at all. The butlers also told her that he barely even stepped out of his room nowadays. He had even been drinking at odd hours and almost every other day. However, the scariest part was that he hadn't bothered touching his guitar in a week.

Although Nandini was thankful that he was not shutting her out at least. But this needed to stop. This was not the Manik she knew. Manik always had everything under control. He was a go-getter and an achiever. And to see him sitting at home and doing nothing nowadays didn't make her happy. In fact, all his behaviour indicated that he was borderline depressed. She now realised that for Manik, his friends weren't just his friends but they were the reason he woke up each morning. He had made his purpose in life to protect them and be there for them all the time. And now that they weren't, he was lost and didn't know what to do. There was this void in his life now which she knew even she couldn't fill.

It was a Friday evening and Nandini had decided that she was going to spend the weekend with Manik. She had told Chachi about Manik's depressed behaviour and had requested her to let stay with him. She was going to spend enough time with him and maybe try to help him sort his thoughts out. Only if he was ready. And also ensure that he's not left alone to deal with the messed up situation. If nothing, she would at least try to make him feel better.

Nandini entered Manik's room to find it in complete darkness. He had drawn all the curtains and put out all the lights except the star lamp to ensure that he didn't get uncomfortable. The air conditioning was at the lowest temperature and he was sleeping on his stomach. His room was in a complete mess. His clothes were lying all around, his towel was thrown in some corner, there were takeaway boxes and beer cans lying around and what not. The only thing clean was his bed because His Highness was sleeping there. Nandini sighed as she looked at the state of the room and also on the fact that he was sleeping at 7 in the evening. She decided to go wake him up so he could sleep at a decent time at night. She sat down next to him on the bed and ran her fingers through her hair.

Nandini - Manik....

He moved a little but he went back to sleep.

Nandini - Manik... wake up you sleepy head.

Manik opened his eyes slowly and looked at her.

Manik - Hey... tum kab aayi?

Nandini - Abhi abhi.

Manik - Hmmm.

He looked around his room a little disoriented.

Manik - What's the time?

Nandini - 7 in the evening.

Manik - Hmmm. Aaj tumhe late ho gaya?

Nandini - Yes. I was planning something.

Manik - Planning?

Nandini - Pehle tum utho. Then I'll tell you.

Manik - Arrey. Tell me na.

Nandini - No. First you get up.

Manik sat up on the bed but still very much under his blanket with his legs spread out. Nandini then came and sat on his lap facing him and put her arms around his neck.

Nandini - I have a bunch of surprises for you.

Manik - What surprises?

Nandini - Okay. Surprise 1: I'm going to spend the whole weekend with you.

Manik - Really? It's the weekend already?

Nandini - Yes. But it's not so straightforward. You'll have to do a few things for me.

Manik - Of course. I knew it. Main wohi soch raha tha. Meri itni acchi kismat kahaan?

Nandini rolled her eyes.

Nandini - Manik!

Manik - Accha okay. What do I have to do?

Nandini - First. You have to go shower.

Manik - Shower? Abhi toh kiya tha maine shower?

Nandini- You liar. You showered last night. Don't be a dirty pig.

Manik - Accha okay. Done. I will shower.

Nandini - And then, I've planned the whole weekend for us.

Manik - What have you planned?

Nandini - Today, I spent 2 hours trying to make your favourite spaghetti pomodoro. So first, we're going to have a fun dinner with my half uncooked and half burnt spaghetti. Pehle maine socha I should throw it away. But then I thought Manik should also have the privilege to taste Nandini Murthy's speciality. After all, sabki kismat mein Nandini ke haath ka khaana kahan?

Manik smiled at her cute self-praise. And of course he'd eat anything she made. No matter how good or bad it was. It was the thought and the effort that was important. Besides; he knew why she took so much trouble too.

Manik - Okay done.

Nandini - Cool. And then, I've decided I'm going to try watching one of your favourite movies 'Avengers'.

Manik - Really?

Nandini - Yes. And if I reaallllly like the movie... then... you might just get lucky for suggesting such a good movie.

She looked him in the eye and winked at him indicating what he was thinking was right.

Manik - Wow. Must be my lucky day...

Nandini - Of course. Nandini Murthy is your girlfriend. You're lucky everyday.

Manik - That is true. Ab ek tum hi toh ho. If you weren't beside me right now, I would've broken down.

Nandini knew what he was implying. But today, she was determined to make him feel better, feel normal and feel happy.

Nandini - Manik.. tum na bilkul boring ho gaye ho. I'm telling you I want to have sex with you tonight. Aur tum kuch bhi nahi kar rahe ho. At least give me a kiss.

Manik - Arrey.

Nandini - What Arrey? You know what, tumse kuch nahi ho payega. Sab kuch mujhe hi karna hi padega.

She then leaned in closer and kissed him on the mouth. She kept kissing him trying to make him forget all his pain while he responded back lovingly. After a few minutes they finally came up for air.

Nandini - You know... aaj na.. college ki saari ladkiyaan bohot khush hongi.

Manik - What?

Nandini - Haan.

Manik - Tum kya bol rahi ho? Are you drunk? College ki saari ladkiyan humaare beech mein kahan se aa gayi?

Nandini - Wohi toh chahti hai sab. Humare beech mein aana. And today, their dream has come true. They're just waiting ki kab Manik aur Nandini ka romance fizzle out ho jaye. So they can start hitting on you again and look, all the romance and passion has actually fizzled out.

Manik - Nandini. What bullshit are you saying?

Nandini - I'm just telling you what I'm feeling? Your kiss was so thanda. All the sizzling chemistry between us is out of the window now.

Manik - Sizzling chemistry you want haan. Now you wait, you'll sizzle like sizzlers.

He started tickling her on her stomach. He put her on the bed and came on top of her and continued tickling her while she kept on laughing.

Nandini - Manik. Stop.

Manik - No no. There's no stopping now. Aur kya kaha tha tumne? Thanda kiss? Ab iss kiss se Bach ke dikhao.

He kissed her full on the lips and immediately pushed his tongue inside her mouth. They both continued kissing deep for a few minutes and finally came up for air. Nandini was panting for air first because of the laughter and then the kiss. And Manik finally had a huge smile on his face. She had after all managed to cheer him up. He was about to take her into another kiss when she put a finger on his lips.

Nandini - I'm not doing anything more on this dirty 5 day old bed sheet and a stinky you. You go get showered, tab tak main tumhara yeh dumpster clean karwaati hoon.

Manik - You should go join our prime minister. Har jagah 'Swachchh Bharat Abhyaan' shuru ho jata hai. Parliament join karlo. Desh ka bhala hoga.

Nandini - Very funny Manik. Go shower jaldi.

Nandini in the meanwhile asked the butlers to quickly clean the room. Nandini helped them by picking up all of Manik's clothes and putting them for a wash. The butlers swept and mopped the floor and even changed the sheets as Nandini wanted.

Manik then came out of the washroom and was looking for something to wear in the closet. He found a new Captain America T-shirt and picked it to wear with his tracks.

Nandini - Manik. Maine abhi abhi yeh T-shirt tumhare cupboard mein rakhi thi. You already wore it.

Manik - That's what I was thinking. Mere paas yeh T-shirt nahi thi. Where did it come from?

Nandini - I got it for you. Obviously. Rishabh found this online store where they sell all these famous characters' ka T-shirts. Rishabh wanted the superman and the Spider-Man T-shirt and then, I thought I'll call for you also. So I ordered this one and 'The Angry Hulk' one for you.

Manik - Thanks. I like it. It's super comfortable too.

Nandini - Abhi kyu pehen li. You should've worn it when we go out na.

Manik - Kya farak padta hai Nandini.

Nandini - Accha, remove the tag at least.

Manik - Kahaan hai? I didn't see it only.

Nandini - Wait.

She climbed on the bed and made Manik turn around and broke off the tag from behind with her teeth. Being so close, she couldn't resist but bite at the back of his neck too.

Manik - Ouch.

Nandini was giggling after she did this.

Manik - Aaj kuch zyaada hi masti soojh rahi hai tumhe.

Nandini continued laughing at that.

Nandini- Anyway, let's go down for dinner.

Manik - Neeche kyu jaana hai? Let's eat here only na.

Nandini - Manik, tum 1 week se ek hi room mein baithe ho. Let's step out. You'll also feel better. And we'll eat on the terrace. Chalo. It'll be fun.

Manik - Nandini. Please.

Nandini - Manik. Come on. Stop being a spoiled sport. Chalo.

The two of them had a fun meal after. And yes, Nandini's spaghetti wasn't so great but it was edible enough. Manik added some chilli oil, pepper and oregano to make it a little more tastier and both of them enjoyed their meal together. She was telling him about all that happened during the day in her practical's and her lectures and how much she has to study now. Once they were done eating, both of them settled in Manik's room, on the bed and put on the movie 'Avengers'. Manik, in the beginning, was giving her a brief on who the avengers were and what superpower each of them possessed and this movie was about all of them becoming a team to fight the evil. Once Nandini figured it out, the two of them were engrossed in the movie. They were almost half way through the movie when Manik got up from the bed and was walking towards the washroom. However, he was so involved in the movie with The Hulk gone all crazy on the SHIELD spaceship and the whole action sequence that followed, that he stopped mid-way very close to the television and continued watching for the next 10 minutes. Nandini noticed him standing there for such a long time, that she finally picked up the remote and paused the movie.

Manik - What the hell? Nandini. Why did you pause it?

Nandini - Just go and pee first. The movie is not going anywhere. Tum 10 minute se wahin par khade ho.

He then remembered he wanted to go to the loo and rushed in there. Nandini started laughing at that stupid idiot. He forgot he wanted to pee because he was so engrossed in watching a movie.

She, in the meanwhile, started scanning her Instagram randomly. She realised she needed a new display picture. She hadn't changed one in months and she didn't like the old one anymore. She then opened her camera to see if she could click one now. She tried clicking a few but she didn't like any. She sucked at clicking selfies. Just when she was about to click another selfie, she felt Manik holding her face sideways and giving her a big kiss on the cheek, and also landed up photo-bombing her picture.

Nandini - Manik... you spoilt my picture.

Manik - How does it matter? You anyway click such bad selfies.

Nandini - You're so mean. At least I'm trying.

Manik - Honestly, I'm glad you don't know how to click a selfie. At least there's something in this world you're not good at.

Nandini hit him on his arm while he placed his head on her lap making himself comfortable, with both of them facing the television.

Nandini - You know what, this picture isn't so bad. It's actually super cute. Look.

She showed him the picture she had landed up clicking accidentally. It was a very cute picture of Manik kissing Nandini's cheek, although it was a little blurred because Manik had caught Nandini off guard. Nevertheless, one couldn't take the credit from it on how real and candid it looked.

Manik - Thoda cheesy nahi hai?

Nandini - It would've been cheesy if we had tried to click one like that on purpose. But this got captured aise hi.

Manik - Hmmm. Cute you're looking here.

Nandini - Tumhe main humesha cute hi lagti hoon.

Manik - Okay fine. You're 'adorable' in this picture.

Nandini rolled her eyes when he used synonyms of the same word.

Nandini - Manik.. can I upload this on my Instagram story?

Manik - Why are you asking? Upload na.

Nandini - Nahi. I mean... woh... tumhare friends.... Unhe aisa na lage that we're chilling and having fun on our own and not caring about them at all.

Manik - Nandini, just upload it if you want to. We can't keep our life on hold and not do stuff because we think they'll not like it or not approve of it.

Nandini - Hmmm. Also, we haven't spoken about this after that day. Do you want to talk about it?

Manik - Not now. I'll come and talk to you when I'm ready, okay?

Nandini nodded and gave him a smile. She wanted him to talk about it but at the same time, she didn't want to force him either. She was just glad that he was acknowledging the fact that their conversation was pending about what he felt about it his whole situation and that he would come and discuss it with her when he clears his head up a little.

Manik, on the other hand, was just glad that she wasn't forcing him to have this conversation. The truth of the matter was that even he didn't know what he felt about this whole situation. He was just ignoring to even think about it by avoiding going to college and indulging himself in watching unlimited content to divert his mind from it. On the surface, he was angry at his friends about this. But somewhere, deep down, he didn't want to accept it.

In the past, when he had had to face situations like these, he would usually lock himself in a room where he would constantly drink, play his guitar, break a bunch of things and land up hurting himself in ways where he would land up in a hospital one way or the other. But this time, he didn't even think about doing any of those things because he knew he'd hurt Nandini if he didn't take care of himself. Hence, he had resorted to the next best option, which was shutting out his feelings completely.

The only normalcy he had in his life currently was Nandini. The only time he didn't think about his fucked up relationship with his best friends or make an effort to ignore the various thoughts in his head and the various uncomfortable things he felt about his friends was when he spent time with Nandini. She was his rock. She stood like a pillar supporting him through this time, ensuring he was taken care of and wasn't left alone to deal with his problems or get sucked into his darkness. He also knew that Nandini knew that he was not himself lately. He was aware that nowadays, he wasn't even giving her the attention, love and support that she deserves from him. But she didn't complain about it at all. She was giving him the space he needed to figure out his own thoughts, never pushing him even a little, but at the same time, being there for him, at an arm's length for whenever he would need her or hold him strong when he would fall weak. He then felt her bend down and kiss his forehead echoing his thoughts by her actions.

Both of them knew that they understood the others' state of mind but they didn't feel the need to put it into words. And with that unsaid acknowledgment, the two of them resumed watching the movie together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 25.5K 117
This story about revenge then turn in love Cover credit goes to @it's_muskan24 mature intimacy love emotional revenge. all copyright ©️ reserv...
19.4K 1.4K 28
In my fiction world Anuj Anupama belongs together...All worlds issue can be there but no issue in between them. They together can and will face all t...
177K 13.7K 72
Story of three brothers who love each other like hell ... lifeline of each other.. can do anything for each other's happiness But what happens when...
68.8K 6.1K 44
A love story with lots of emotions 💓