Beyond Average | Saiki K. x R...

By Kuruma_Soma

(Y/N) (L/N). Just your average girl, who somehow gets a psychic boy to fall in love with her. And three other... More

1|Transfer Student? Nope
2|Breakup Season/Sports Festival
3|Fortune telling and Cats
4|Christmas and New Year's Joy
5|An unexpected New Year's
6|Movies
7|Apologies from a Perv and Exams
8|More cats and Kaidou's Mom?
9|Kaidou confronts his Mom
10|Helping Perv-itsuka and hanging out with 'friends'
11|Family Talk and A Delayed School Trip
12|Okinawa and a missing hotel
13|Dreams and 'the Beach'
14|Red Bean Anmitsu
15|Delinquent transfer
16| Box Coffee with Cafe Mami
100k Special
17| Detective Kaidou and the Fall School Festival
18| Class Party and Saiki's 'Date'
19| Christmas gifts
20| Cyborg Cider Man and Back to School
21| Exposed Delinquent
22| Nendou's Job and the School Marathon
23| 'Playing' with Yuuta and the Karaoke Fiasco
25| Clubs and a Crepe-tastrophe
26| Amusement Park and a Questionable Kidnapping
27| Mister Arrogant Transfer Student
28| Mr. Saiki's misfortune and Halloween
29| Saiko's Comeback and Saiki's birthday
S2-30|Saiko Conglomerate visit
31| Pt. 1-Mysterious Sicknesses lead to the Titanic
32| Pt. 2- Capturing a Stray Mera; Realizing the Truth
33| Pt. 3- Taming the Stubborn
34| Pt. 4- A long Fall; Rescued for Good

24| The Saiki's Spring Break and video games

40K 1.6K 3K
By Kuruma_Soma

3rd Person P.O.V

Spring Break was here, and Saiki's parents knew that the best way to spend a week off was visiting Kusuo's grandparents. Despite that, Kusuo didn't seem too happy about their modes of transportation.

'Did we really have to ride a train for an hour and take a two-hour flight and then another two-hour train and finally a 45-minute bus trip? It would have been faster if I had just teleported.' 

Kusuo thought as his parents surveyed the barren land, his mother feeling nostalgic upon seeing her homeland. 

"It a beautiful place, honey, but we should have Kusuo teleport us when we go back. It's too much of a hassle to travel all the way here," Kusuo's father, Kuniharu, said to his wife.

His wife, Kurumi, shook her head and replied, "We can't do that, my parents don't know about Kuu's powers, remember?"

Because they had yet to tell their relatives about Kusuo's psychic powers, they all agreed to travel back home without using Kusuo's psychic abilities. Then they began a long walk toward the grandparents' home.

"Wow, Kusuo, you've grown so much!" Upon arriving, the first thing Kusuo's grandmother did was mention was his height. 

Her full name was Kumi Saiki, and many people pointed out that she looked too young for her age. Her cheery personality contradicted her husband's, who grumbled upon being called. 

"Honey, guess who's here! Kurumi and her family, so come say hello," Kumi led her daughter's family toward another room and slid the door open to reveal an elder man reading a newspaper.

"What a pain, I can't even read the newspaper with all this noise," he grumbled.

"Hi dad, it's been a while," Kurumi happily skipped toward her father as he began a series of scowls.

"Hmph, what's the point in visiting?"

Kurumi was unaffected by his cold demeanor, so Kuniharu gathered the courage to greet his father-in-law.

"Hey there dad, it's great to see you."

The grandfather, however, turned to glare at him and yelled, "Who the heck are you?! Get lost!"

Kuniharu made a hurt expression, and he silently wept while staying far from the old man.

"Aw, don't mind him, He's actually been expecting you for weeks!" The grandmother smiled and revealed the truth, so her husband stood up and left the room.

Kusuo took a seat at the table and quietly listened to his relative's thoughts, including his grandfather who had just left the room.

The psychic made a mental thought to himself.

'If I had to describe my grandfather, it would be that he's difficult to deal with. I don't like using this word, but he falls into the 'tsundere' category.'

From the other room, the grandfather had a joyous expression as he eavesdropped on his wife's conversation with Kusuo's family.

'Agh, I wish they'd visit more often!' 

The old man smiled as he tried to prevent himself from returning to the table and joining the conversation.

"So, how long do you plan to stay?" Kumi, the grandmother asked.

"I only took two days off, so we can stay for one night," Kusuo's father replied to her question, and Kurumi nodded in agreement.

In the other room, a certain grandfather scratched the wall in seething anger, furious that his grandson and daughter would only stay for one day because of that man's fault.

Kuniharu paused in thought, then said, "Well, I can take more days off, so why not stay for three days?" 

And so, it was decided that the Saiki family would be staying for three days. The old man danced in joy, already planning what he would do with his grandson.

-

After three days of spending time with the two elder people, Kusuo's family was finally heading back home. As they rode in the car, they suddenly came to an abrupt stop.

"Huh, why'd you suddenly stop?" Kurumi asked.

"Oh no, I think I ran out of gas," the grandfather acted distressed, but his thoughts were clear to Kusuo.

'You planned this, didn't you?' The psychic boy thought.

 "Oh no, really? There aren't any gas stations around here," Kurumi peeked her head out from the backseat, worried that they would be stranded.

"If we miss the train, we won't be able to go home today," Kusuo's father added, checking his watch and counting the time that remained until the last train departed.

Kusuo telepathically sent his mother a message, hinting, 'Look inside the trunk.'

Kurumi signaled to her husband and he obliged. Opening the trunk, he exclaimed, "Look, a gas can!"

As they rode on, his grandmother turned her head and said, "But how did you know that there was a spare gas can in the trunk?"

The family of three sat in silence, Kusuo's parents being unsure of what to say and Kusuo not caring if his grandparents found out.

"Ah, uh, well, I don't know, maybe a hunch?" His father made up.

His mother nervously looked around and said, "I'm not sure, maybe, uh, some type of powers-no wait! I don't know anything about psychic powers!"

'Both of your actings need work,' Kusuo shook his head like a disappointed movie director as his grandmother stared at them in a suspicious manner.

For the second time, the car came to a sudden stop, and the passengers complained once more.

"What's with the stop?"

Kusuo's grandfather stopped the car and grumbled, "Well, look ahead."

He was trying to hide his smile when the rest exited the car and saw a rockslide covering the entire road. There was no way around it, so it was obvious that they would need to wait for someone to move the giant rocks before making their way home.

"Well, that's that. Get in the car, we're going back!" The grandfather was about to start the car when Kusuo stepped forward, the rest staring at him in bewilderment.

"Is there something about Kusuo that you have to tell us?" His grandmother walked toward Kurumi and gave a knowing look.

Kurumi asked how she found out, and the elder lady responded with, "I've always thought you were keeping something from us. Did you know that you hide your thumbs when you're lying?"

Kurumi shook her head, "Okay, we'll tell you."

 She took a deep breath to compose herself and confessed, "Kusuo has psychic powers."

As she said that, Kusuo used psychokinesis to raise the boulders that were blocking the road. 

The two elder people screamed at this sight, followed by silence as they made odd hand signals and panicked in place. One would have thought they were using sign language if not for their shocked expressions.

Once the grandparents calmed down, Kusuo demonstrated more of his abilities so that his relatives could get a better understanding of what they meant by 'psychic powers'.

"Okay, we've seen enough. Let's just head to the station," his grandmother spoke up.  After seeing a demonstration of his psychic powers, Kumi finally accepted it as reality.

They all stood in silence as the grandfather stood up to process the information.

When he left, Kumi turned toward Kurumi and asked "Does anyone else know about his powers?"

Kurumi shook her head. "No, only us and Kuusuke."

Kusuo stayed silent as they stared at him, clear suspicions growing on their faces.

His mother grew worried, so she quietly asked, "Kuu, does anyone—other than us—know about your psychic powers?"

Kusuo turned to look at his mother, then shook his head in denial.

"Phew, that's a relief. I thought you were saying someone else knew about your powers," Kurumi sighed in relief, releasing the tension from her face.

-

Kusuo was in deep thought as he teleported his family home.

'Despite erasing (Y/N)'s memory on my psychic powers, she still knows that I have a secret. She's sharper than she looks. I guess she's not the smartest in the class for nothing.'

He entered his bedroom and sat on his desk chair. Turning his head toward the window, his violet eyes gazed at the rustling trees and their swaying leaves.

'Hypothetically, how would she react if I told her? Would she panic and try to process it in her head? Or would she shrug and move on with life?'

A small grin formed on his mouth at the thought of her reaction, finding her panicked state slightly amusing.

He closed his eyes, and leaned back on his chair. He asked himself, 'Why am so I curious to know?'

Achievement unlocked- Kiss Kiss Fall in lo-

Kurumi stared at the door that led to Kusuo's room, a puzzled expression on her face. Deciding to trust her son's actions, she erased the thoughts from her mind and proceeded to carry the suitcases into her bedroom. 

Kusuo was too busy reading a magazine, so he didn't pay any heed.

Video Games

"Oh, you have that new video game as well?!" A male student caught sight of a familiar game on his friend's game console, and he didn't hesitate to ask.

"Yeah man, it's so popular these days," His friend replied, repeatedly pressing the console's buttons in an attempt to defeat the final boss.

Meanwhile, Saiki Kusuo sat in his seat, also thinking about the game. The only difference was that he was wearing his germanium ring to prevent hearing any spoilers or cheats.

"The Horrific Life of Saitou K" is a popular console game that the creators totally aren't advertising in this fanfiction. Saiki enjoyed the manga and thus decided to try the game adaptation.

'Even though the germanium ring makes me uneasy, it'll ruin the game for me if I hear any spoilers. I'll have to wait until I get home to play it,' Saiki mused.

The ring of the bell at the end of the day had never made Saiki feel so relieved before.

'The faster I leave the better.'

Just as he stood up, an NPC, Kaidou, appeared and began conversing with him. A list appeared on the screen, and Saiki scanned the options. 

Kaidou has appeared! What will you do?

1. Ignore him

2. Stay and Chat 

3. Use Psychokinesis 

4. Fake an injury

Choosing to go with Option 3, using psychokinesis, Kaidou's desk violently shakes until a black notebook falls to the ground. Three girls notice it and pick it up, saying, "Oh, what's this?" Realizing that it was his "Schemes of the Dark Reunion," notebook, Kaidou grabs it and runs away in a panic.

Exiting the classroom, Saiki is faced with yet another problem. 

Takahashi has appeared! What will you do?

1. Ignore him

2. Stay and chat

3. Apport him

4. Punch him 

Saiki thought for a moment, then chose option 3, apport him. The green-haired male was replaced by a Japanese-style toilet, which was of equal value to their uniforms. Saiki paid no mind and continued on his way.

As Saiki walked down the hall, he noticed a familiar, average-looking, female.

Player (Y/N) has appeared! What will you do?

There was no list of options, so one would assume that they were at liberty to do what they could. Thus, Saiki approached Player (Y/N) and raised his hand.

(Y/N) noticed his arm go up and assumed he was waving goodbye. She raised her arm in return but paused when Saiki approached her.

Clap!

A loud clap rang in the hallway, soon becoming silent once more. Saiki retracted his hand and walked away.

You interacted with another player! +5 gems! appeared on Saiki's screen, causing him to smile in contentment.

Player (Y/N) stood there, taken aback by his sudden high five. She stood frozen in place as Saiki walked farther and farther away, not moving since making contact with Player Saiki. 

Saiki froze as an error sign appeared on his screen.

Error

(Y/N).exe has stopped working

Saiki mentally gasped, 'I broke her?! Why did she freeze?'

He began pressing the buttons in an attempt to return things to the way they were, only to be met with a, Please wait for the player to load.

After (Y/N) finally reconnected, they bowed and walked away from each other, both gaining +10 Life Points as recompense. Saiki carried on with the game, wondering, 'Why did she break?'

He was unable to give it a second thought as he met yet another obstacle in the game.

Teruhashi has appeared! What will you do?

1. Retreat

2. Stay and chat

3. Turn invisible

4. Jump out the window

'Hm, option 3 would be suitable for this situation. I'll sneak out while I'm invisible,' He thought to himself.

His body temporarily became invisible, so the pink-haired psychic used this opportunity to walk past Teruhashi.

Climbing down the stairs, a purple-haired male greeted him from behind.

"Hey, Saiki, what're you up to?" Toristuka pat Saiki's shoulder, unaware that the pink-haired male had been invisible up until they made physical contact.

'Damn you and your medium powers,' Saiki sighed, becoming visible to the human eye as his spell wore off. 

Toristuka has appeared! What will you do?

1. Ignore him

2. Stay and explain

3. Punch him

4. Run away

'Hm, well, since no one is looking...' Saiki glanced up and down the stairs, then threw a punch towards Toritsuka's stomach, quickly leaving in order to avoid eye-witnesses.

Just as he reached the first floor, the class representative appeared.

Hairo has appeared! What will you do?

1. Make an excuse

2. Feign a fever

3. Go with him to the tennis courts

4. Run away

Saiki chose option 3 because according to the author, the third answer was always the answer. 

This is a lie, do not attempt this is in real life.

-System

"Okay! Let's bunny hop all the way to the tennis courts, Saiki!" Hairo then pulled Toritsuka by the neck and dragged him away, convinced that he was holding Saiki Kusuo instead of a purple-haired pervert. 

'Hypnosis always comes in handy when trying to escape,' thought the real Saiki.

He didn't bother to stay for any longer. He simply turned and continued on his way. Exiting the school building, the purple-haired Aren Kuboyasu approached him.

Kuboyasu has appeared! What will you do?

1. Take him to the back of the school

2. Use 'annoyed face'

3. Suggest a part-time job

4. Boil eggs

Saiki Kusuo stared at the options, contemplating which to choose.

'What does boil eggs mean? I'll try that one,' His curiosity won and he chose option four, breaking our dear author's streak of option 3.

Suddenly, the school bully appeared with an egg on his head.

"Hand over your money!" he said, raising his fist in a threatening manner. Kuboyasu immediately snapped and took the egg guy behind the school, most likely to teach him a lesson.

'That was easy.' 

Saiki finally exited the school grounds after avoiding Nendou and his father who were camping at the front gate. However, at the other gate, his one and only grandfather appeared.

"Huh, so this is Kusuo's school. Where is he? I'd like to speak with him," The grandfather was blocking the gate, blocking Kusuo's path to freedom.

Grandpa has appeared! What will you do? 

1. Stay and chat

2. Invite him for dinner

3. Give him a shoulder massage coupon

4. Snap your fingers for a mysterious power

'Will he leave if I give him the coupon?'

Choosing option 3, Kusuo handed two shoulder massage coupons in hopes of getting his grandfather to move from the gate.

"Wha-Are these for me?! Kusuo...you're such a kind grandson!"

Oops! Granpa has become affectionate!

The elder man suddenly gained power, and he began chasing Kusuo through the city. He destroyed cars, street signs, lamp-lights, and anything that got in his way so that he could destroy Kusuo with affection.

Player Saiki ran and hid inside a building while his screen lit up with four options.

What will you do?

1. Play a video game with grandpa

2. Invite grandpa for dinner

3. Give grandpa a shoulder massage

4. Stay and chat with grandpa

'Oh no, all of these options will raise his affection meter and make him stronger.'

Saiki contemplated for long, then pulled down the menu and saved his progress.

'This one's a tough one. Better save it and finish it another day.' He closed his game console and put it away, pulling out a manga book and flipping to his bookmark.

-

Meanwhile, (Y/N) sat in her seat, staring at the screen of the game console in her hands. Mera noticed this and said, "(Y/N), is something the matter? You've been sitting as still as a statue for over ten minutes." 

The brown-haired female looked down at the bag of junk food in her hands. As if an idea popped in her head, Mera exclaimed, "Oh no! Did the chili stick make you sick?! Who will bring food if you get sick?!"

(Y/N) snapped out of her trance, shaking her head at Mera's question.

"No, I'm fine. I think I was daydreaming or something," she turned back toward the game, seeing a notice appear on the bottom left corner of the screen.

Player Saiki has logged off

She opened the setting menu and pressed, Save game. Stretching, she asked, "Are there any more chips-" 

She trailed off. There weren't any signs of the chili sticks anywhere. Not even the bags were there.

"There's no more," Mera pointed out.

(Y/N) stared in disbelief, her mouth wide open. (Y/N) brought three fingers up, crying out, "Mera, I bought three bags! Three!!!"

Mera hurriedly made her escape, running down the stairs of the second floor as if her life depended on it.

"I'll buy you more tomorrow!" She yelled, bolting out of the school building.

(Y/N) was left on the rooftop floor of the school building, unsure whether she should admire the speed at which Mera ran or the fact that Mera ate nearly three bags of potato chips without her noticing.

'I knew it was suspicious that you shared a granola bar!'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 8.1K 77
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
2M 104K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
927K 15.9K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
130K 6.3K 21
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...