Can't stop thinking about you...

By Blake_King2005

[Warning.May contain] Bad language (Doesn't really appear a lot) A boyxboy love story. This story goes about... More

Copyright (c)
Characters
The Prologue
Chapter 1 Where it all began (B's POV)
Chapter 2 New friends (B's POV)
Chapter 3 Costumes (B's POV)
Chapter 4 Welcome to the team (B's POV)
Chapter 5 The lunch break (D's & B's POV)
Chapter 6 Happy times (B's & D's POV)
Chapter 7 The test (D's & B's POV)
Chapter 8 The gym (B's POV)
Chapter 9 Partners (B's & D's POV)
Chapter 10 His house (D's & B's POV)
Chapter 11 Presentation (D's & B's POV)
Chapter 12 The birthday (B's & D's POV)
Chapter 13 I got this feeling (B's & J's POV)
Chapter 14 That hurts (D's & B's POV)
Chapter 15 The hangout (D's POV)
Chapter 16 Our story (B's POV)
Chapter 17 The Zoo (B's POV)
Chapter 17 The Zoo pt2 (B's POV)
Chapter 19 Different world (D's & B's POV)
Chapter 20 Kiss (B's POV)
Epilogue
Before you go!!! (Not a chapter but its extremely important!!!!)

Chapter 18 Closer (D's & B's POV)

56 2 1
By Blake_King2005

Chapter 18: Closer
David's POV (point of view)

"How much again?" I asked.

"Six Euros and fifty cents please" the lady in the counter said.

I gave her the money and bought my meal.
I picked up my tray, that has my burger, french fries and drink on it.

"Enjoy" said the lady and I responded with a nice smile.

I turned around to see Blake, waiting for me as he is holding his tray full of food.

"Let's go?" He said.

I nodded and we both walked towards the outside to eat with our other friends but as soon as we were about to reach the doors, I realise that Ryan is outside in the window, with his... gang friends.
They were just sitting on the bench eating, laughing and messing around.

"I'm gonna eat in here" Blake said to me.

I knew that in his face, he didn't want to go outside where Ryan is. Blake quickly sat down to a nearby table and began to eat his food. I didn't want to make him feel alone.

"Okay, then I'm going to eat with you" I said to him and he responds with a huge surprise on his face.

I sat down opposite of him. The black haired boy looked happier than ever before. He would take glances of me while he eats his meal. But they weren't just weird glances but... something else.
I never felt... unusually close to Blake than ever before. He both have similarities. He plays piano and I play guitar, we both play video games, we both have little siblings, he plays basketball surprisingly well and I play soccer, I can sing and he......  is good at being smart I guess.

But something was different about him. Something really different. He acted the same way he would, when I'm around him or with him. He would always act like that one child, where he starts his first day at school.
But it felt nice being with him. It felt unusually nice. I really like his personality. I like him, but not in a gay way.

"David your food, it's getting cold" Blake reminded.

I began to start munching on my burger and fries.
Wow the food tastes really good.

"So, what's on your mind David?" Blake said. He had his head on his hand.

"Huh?"

"You were thinking of something. Were you daydreaming?"

I place my almost finished burger on the tray and took a drink of Coke from my cup.

"No. I was just thinking" I said as I slurped my soda.

"Thinking about?" He took a bit of his nuggets.

"You Blake" I said, after I finish drinking.

Blake's POV (point of view)

Me?
He was thinking of me?
What if he knows?
What if he finds out?
Wait, does he feel the same way?

"Me? Why me?" I asked him.

The cute blonde boy paused, trying to figure out on what he was going to say.

"It's just that I like you Blake"

He likes me?!

"But not in a gay way. I mean that your a nice friend, thats why I really like you for being a great friend to me"

But I'm more than that!
I want to be closer to you David that just a friend!

"I thought Finn is your great friend?" I said.

"Yeah, but... he can be over protective you know"

"I guess so"

Finn was always protective to David since primary school. Finn was David's first best friend.

"Hey Blake And Dav-eid" Mohammad came to us.

"Gosh, please don't call me that! So many people gave me weird names nowadays" David said.

"Okay, fine... Davie" Mohammad joked.

"Hey!" David looked irritated again.

"God this is awkward. Anyways, Mohammad, want a nugget?" I offered.

"Can't, I don't eat meat remember?"

"Oh yeah, sorry"

"No bothers. Also the reason why I'm here, is because I'm bored and I don't want to go outside where Ryan is"

"Same, thats why we're here too. Also we have ten minutes left before we do an activity, so let's just chat here" David said.

We spend the last ten minutes talking about the zoo, talking about jokes, making fun of Ryan and other random stuff.
After that ten minutes, Mr Ryan, Zookeeper Henry and the other teachers came back to us. We had a group assembly that, we will start an activity today. We had a long chat about ecology again before the activity. The first activity was catching insects in a pitfall trap, which is not my favourite activity of the day. Zookeeper Henry brought us to a small forest in the zoo. The ground was muddy and sticky. Leaves and mud were stuck under my shoes.
We were put into groups, then into pairs. Mohammad paired with Max, David paired with Finn and I paired with Dan. Wait Dan!?
Zookeeper Henry gave each pair a paper cup and two trowels.

"Okay guys, now have fun in making the traps. And remember get as much creatures as you can. Once your done, get back here" The zookeeper said.

Everyone went in their separate ways. Dan went ahead of me and I followed him.

"Hey! Wait up" I shouted.

I passed a large thick bush and I almost stumbled on a wooden log. I turned right where Dan was kneeling down on the ground, digging to make a hole for the paper cup.

"Oh, you've already started" I said.

"Well that's because your so slow" he said.

Hmm, a smartass.

"Are you just going to stand there? Or are you going to help me?" He said.

I knelt down next to him, helping him dig the ground with my trowel.

"So Dan, Cole ask me 'where you were?'. Is there something wrong?"

Dan started to dig faster in a fast pace. Small grains of dirt being thrown in the air were landing on my pants.
He stopped on digging and dropped the trowel. He started to cry a little.

"Sorry! It's just that, I'm not having a good day today. Okay!" He told me. I could feel that he was in pain or something else.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked.

"No" he quickly replied back to me.

I helped him dig the hole on the ground. We both didn't talk for another minute or two. He placed the paper cup in the small hole and placed two small stones on the side of the cup with a large flat stone over it.

"Okay now we wait" he said.

And we both patiently waited until any insects will be caught.

*****5 minutes later*****

"There, fuckin finally!" he said impatiently.

Our luck wasn't that great. We got one earthworm, but that was still something at least. Better than nothing.
I heard the zookeeper, Henry call all of us back to the group assembly point. Dan grabbed the paper cup containing the earthworm, out of the hole and held the cup in his hands. Dan and I went back to the assembly point where everyone was there.

"Okay lads, now show us what you have collected?" Zookeeper Henry said.

The boys said that they collected ants, spiders, worms and other small insects that I don't know the name of. We all as a group, discussed about each insect. We discussed about where they came from, where they live and how they live. To me it was boring, but what I enjoyed the most saw seeing the Tigers and hanging with David. I'd rather do something else than discussing about the insects.
The next activity was painful. What I meant by painful is that, we had to throw a steel mesh on the ground and examine what things are founded on the ground where the steel mesh is on. Jeez it was so boring.
And the last activity was using a beating stick on a tree to collect fallen insects. God it was also boring.
Science wasn't really my thing. I bet everyone wasn't having fun with these activities especially... Jacob.
He just stood there, not doing anything or not even talking. He was so... quiet.

"Okay. Now that all the activities are done, you can explore around the zoo one last time before you go if you miss anything. So thanks for your co-operation with us and please if you like before you go, you can go to the gift shop before you leave lads." The zookeeper said.

We all thank zookeeper Henry for the activities. Those activities were so boring that I could do them at home.
After the last activity, all the boys scattered around the zoo to explore one last time.
I suddenly felt two hands on my shoulders from behind.

"Boo!" David scared me, half to death from behind. I turned around.

"Jeez, are you trying to give me a heart attack?" I joked and he giggled.

"Maybe. So, where do you wanna go?" He asked.

Wait? He wants to go with me?

"Um... I don't know" I didn't have any where to go in mind.

"Do you wanna go see the llamas with me?" He asked politely.

"There's llamas here?" I wondered.

"Yes there is! It's in the map. Also I didn't get a chance to see them since we ran out of time"

"Okay, let's go see the llamas then" I said.

He smiled and bolted ahead of me down the path. I followed him.

"C'mon slow poke" he jested.

Are people now gonna call me slow? I mean, I'm not fast but I'm not slow either.

"I'm coming! Just wait up!" I called.

I knew that David was happy. The blonde boy had that cute huge smile on his face.

"C'mon! We're almost there Blake!" He jumped around like a child.

I started from skipping towards him, up to running towards him. I ran as fast as I can until I reach up to him, to see him where the llamas are at. A zookeeper was feeding the llamas with hay. There was a wire fence blocking between us and the llamas. 

"Look Blake, the llamas!" He pointed out at the llamas.

"I see. Why are you excited to see the llamas?"

"Why the heck not, they're cute!" He said very happily.

"Your cute" I murmured and looked away in a blimp.

"Sorry, did you say something?" I didn't realise that I said that from my mouth.

"Oh. Um... nothing" I quickly said.

We both looked at the llamas, who were being fed. A girl in mid 30s, in brown clothing, who appears to be a zookeeper approached us. "Hi boys! Can you do a job? Can you please feed the llamas while I'll get some more hay for them?" She said.

"Sure!!!" David said in a hurry. The blonde boy rushed over to the zookeeper lady. I followed him from behind.

We stood more closer to the fence. There was three llamas that were about two meters away from us. There was an unusual smell, coming from the llamas that I can't describe what it was. But it was that same animal smell when your in the countryside. The zookeeper lady gave us a small metal bucket containing with hay. The zookeeper lady left to fetch some hay and I began to feed one of the llamas, which was the closes to me. David was next to me, struggling.

"Need help?" I offered.

"I think I've got this" he said. He grabbed pieces of hay from the bucket and stretches his arm out to feed the llama in front of him. The white llama turned its head away left to right, right to left and left to right again. That llama was so... fussy.

"Why aren't you eating the hay?!" David felt frustrated but the fussy llama.

"Here" I offered again.

I grabbed his hand which made David reacted quickly.

"Blake, what are you doing?!"

"Just trust me" I said softly.

Still holding his hand, I slowly and carefully brought forward his hand, towards the llama. David didn't look scared anymore. His hand felt warm and soft at the same time, in my hands. The llama started feeding away on the hay. I felt David's hand shaking.

"Not to close Blake, it might bite?" David was starting to get worried.

"It won't, promise" I calmed him down. Making David less terrified. It didn't take that long for the llama to eat all the hay.

"See it's not that bad. Right?" I said.

"It's not. Good thing the llama didn't spit at us" he added.

"Maybe don't jinx us" I joked. He responded with a cute giggle.

The llama finished all the hay from the metal bucket. It didn't take too long for the zookeeper lady to show up. She thanked us for our help. After that, I took more selfie photos with David, with the animals. I could tell now that David was more comfortable with me. He is happy. Very happy.
We both arrive in front of the zoo gift shop. Some of the school boys were there but others weren't yet.

"Blake, imma head inside the store" David declared.

I responded with a nod and off he went.

"Hi Blake" I turned around to see Cole.

"Hey Cole. Also Cole, do you know what's wrong with Dan? He seems upset?" I asked

"Oh that's because... Dan is gay" he whispered.

"He is?!"

"Yeah. Well, he's just picked on by those...  rude people who could not accept his sexuality you know. I mean he's a good guy. There's like nothing wrong with being gay and I accept his sexuality" he explained

It's annoying and frustrating that people can't accept people's sexuality. It's painful when gay people have to go through with this. What's also more painful is being stuck inside the closet. It hurts. Feeling isolated against people who hates gays hurts. I don't want be exposed.

"About Dan, yeah he came out to me a week ago. I'm very proud that Dan did came out. Until when Ryan Murphy starts to bully him for being gay. But Dan is my friend, I'm not gonna let anyone bully Dan" Cole demanded.

Wow, he's a great friend

"Your a nice friend to him, you know. At least he has a good friend like you" I told

"Well friends don't go against each other" he replied back.

"That's right. But anyways, I gotta go and check out the gift shop. Wanna come?" I asked.

"Thanks but I'll just wait out here for Dan" he announced.

"Okay"

I proceed to head inside the gift shop. The gift shop was full of soft toys, zoo souvenirs, hats, shirts, sweets and other stuff. Some boys who were not in my class, were also in the store. I look around the store to see if there is something I like to buy.

"Find anything"?" It was the blonde boy, David, wearing a new hat.

"Not yet. You?" I asked.

"This hat. Got it for five euros" he pointed at the hat he's wearing. He was wearing a brown hat with name of the zoo.

"Nice" I said. I looked around the store again to see a stuffed tiger.

"That's cute" I said.

"Which, the hat?!" He added.

"No. That stuffed Tiger" I told him. I pointed at the shelf where the stuff tiger is at. I grabbed the toy from the shelf and held it in my hands.

"I wonder how much it is?" I wondered.

"There's a price tag on the paws. It's says twenty euros" he told me.

Twenty euros!?!?!?

"Sobra Mahal!" I expressed.

"What?" David questioned.

"Sorry I mean, it so expensive!?" I said.

"But everything in this gift shop is expensive, duh! Do you want me to buy it for you? He offered.

"No don't" I told him.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure" I said.

"Are you really sure?" He said again. I knew that David wanted to buy the stuffed animal for me but I honestly didn't want him to spend his money on me. His money is his own and my own money is mine.

"Seriously David, don't buy it. I'm okay. Just let it go"  I calm said.

"Okay, if you insist" he shrugged his shoulders.

I saw Mohammad, who bolted towards us.
"Guys! Mr Ryan is about to start a roll call in a minute!" Mohammad announced and went back outside where all the other boys are.

I followed Mohammad but I realised that David didn't follow.

"Imma head outside, you coming?" I told David.

"Actually, I'm going to look around one last time" he stated.

I continued to follow Mohammad outside where Mr Ryan and the other teachers were waiting for us and the boys. It didn't take that long for Mr Ryan to do the roll call.

"Okay guys! I'm gonna do the role call!" Mr Ryan said.

I waited until my name is being called.

"Blake Ramos!?" Mr Ryan shouted.

"Here!" I called.

I saw David coming out of the building, stuffing something in his backpack. He looks so cute.

"David Flynn!?" Mr Ryan called.

"Oh, here sir!" David answered back.

"Alright that's everyone! Okay, let's go back to the bus!" Mr Ryan announced.

We all walk towards the school buses parked in front of the zoo. I heard David and James talking behind me as I was walking ahead of them.

"David don't me such as pussy" James said, "Seriously!?"

"A pussy!? You left me back there!" David demanded.

"Well it was just a joke. C'mon David. Your not mad at me right?" James asked.

"I am a little mad James" David said, "Just don't do it again"

"Okay fine, I'm sorry, David. But we're still friends?" James wanted to know.

"Maybe yes?"David replied back, "Maybe not?"

"Maybe?!" James said.

"Yes maybe! And just leave me alone for a while, alright?" David demanded.

"Psh, whatever you want" he said.

David went pass me to be inside the school bus, the bus where we were at in the morning. He came first before anyone else came in. He moved and sat at the back of the bus instead of sitting in the middle row earlier. It doesn't matter where everyone sat now since everyone is sitting in different seats now.
I made my way to the back of the bus. I didn't want David to feel alone at the back. He looks lonely. I approached close to him. He had his arms crossed, over his grey hoodie. His head titling backwards against the headrest of his chair.

"You okay?" I asked. David didn't respond back. I heard Dan came from behind me.

"Is something wrong with David?" Dan said, "What happened?"

"Nothing" I lied to Dan, "Why are you where?"

"Cuz... Ryan is sitting in the middle row" he explained, "So is someone going to sit here?" Dan pointed at the seats in front of David.

I knew that Dan was scared of Ryan Murphy.

"Nah, go for it. You can sit here" I told him.

"Thanks" he said.

"Wait Dan. Don't let Ryan get to you. You know what I mean" I winked at him.

Dan responded with a nod. He knew what I meant. I do support Dan but others who don't, they can go fuck themselves.

"Can I sit here? David?" I asked for permission.

David looked at me. His deep blue eyes, making contact with my own eyes. He nodded his head, telling me that I'm allowed to sit next to him.

"Okay lads, put on your seatbelts! We'll arrive back to school at about, quarter past four" Mr Ryan shouted.

Everyone was on board. The bus started and took off along with another school bus driving ahead of us, packed with the other boys from the same year.

"I'm sorry for what happened back there" I told David

"That wasn't your fault" he said, "Just don't blame yourself for something you did not do"

"But, your okay right?" I asked.

"You don't need to worry about me" he spoke, "Also I've got something for you, Blake"

He picked up his backpack from the floor and place it on his lap. He zipped open his backpack and pulled something out from inside.

"Here" he handed me an orange stuff toy, a tiger stuff toy.

"What! You bought it!" I felt shocked.

"Yeah, why you don't like it?" His face looked pouted, "Want me to return it?" He joked.

"No, I love it! But why did you buy it?" I questioned.

"Because you looked happy when you first saw it" he said, "I know it was twenty euros but I didn't mind the price" he told.

"Aw, thanks Davie" I gave him a warm hug.

"I told you not to call me Davie, Blake" he broke the hug.

"Sorry. I think it sounds cute when I say it" I joked.

"Cute!?"

"Yeah. It's like a nickname" I said.

"I guess so" he lightly smiled and brushed his hair with his hand, "Anyways why do you like this... stuff tiger?" He asked.

"Well, I grown up watching this movie where... there was a talking tiger and a talking yellow bear"

"Is it Winnie the Pooh?" He guesses and he is right.

"Shush!" I told him, "It sounds embarrassing!"

"It's not embarrassing, Blake. I grown up watching old movies like 'Toy story' or 'Shrek'. It's not embarrassing at all" he explained.

"I guess" I said.

Then there was an awkward moment of silence.
David took out his phone and earphones from his backpack and played some music. He had his head titled against the headrest of his seat as he looks at the window while listening to music. Cars, vans and buses passed by our window.
I took out my phone from my pocket and watched some random videos from YouTube.

"Um... Blake?" David said.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for being with me Blake. What I meant was, thank you for giving me company. Your a great friend you know" he complimented.

Friend? He called me friend.

"Your a great... friend too" I smiled at him.

***45 minutes later***

"Okay guys! We're here!" Mr Ryan said.

I woke up, didn't realise that I was asleep during the arrival. I felt something heavy against my right shoulder.

"David?"

The blonde boy was fast asleep against my shoulder. His eyes shut closed and his earphones still in his ears, still playing music as he was sleeping. He looked so cute in this posture. Then from that moment, I wanted to kiss him. But kissing him would be a bad idea since there are boys inside the bus. A part of me, still wanted me to kiss him and another part of me wanted me to let go of the kiss. God I wanted to kiss him so bad.
As I was about to get closer to his face, I noticed that his head started to shift to the right. He yawned, making the cutest sound I've ever heard from him.

"Are... we there yet?" He yawned and stretched his arms upwards.

"Yeah. We're here" I told him. David looked at the window to see the school.

We stood up from our seats. The boys at the front of the bus left. I grabbed my bag from the floor and up it on my shoulders. I could see my Mom in her car, from the window.

"Going by car?" I asked David.

"Yeah, my Dad's car. It's right there" he pointed at the grey car outside the window.

We went outside and said 'goodbye' and 'thank you' to the teachers and the bus driver.

I approached my car until I heard David calling my name.

"Blake!" I heard David shouting, "You've forgotten your phone" he showed.

"Oh right, Thanks! It must've slipped from my hand as we-  as I was sleeping" I explained. I instantly regret saying 'we'.

He handed my IPhone back to me. No wonder why, I couldn't find my phone in my pockets.

"See you at school Blake!" David added.

"Yeah, see you too!" I shouted back to him.

He ran back to his car. I made him feel happy today. I felt... proud doing so.

"Mahal kita" I whispered to myself.

I turned around to walk back to my car. I went inside the car.

"Hi anak! How was your day?" My Mom, May, asked me.

"Good. Actually no. It was... great!" I answered her question.

"So, who was that your talking to on the footpath?"she asked.

"That's David. My friend remember" I reminded her.

It's kinda funny.
Being friends with the boy that I like.
Friends with the boy that I like.
David....
David... the boy that I love.

End of chapter 18

A/n: This is the longest chapter in the book. Wow, didn't expect that much writing. Over 4000 words 🥸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 647 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...
355K 12.8K 26
|| Description edited. || "I'm just an ordinary guy. There is nothing special about me." Ashton constantly told himself. Ashton was the only gay kid...
188K 5.5K 75
Marc Williams started having some financial problems after his dad's job was cut short, he decided to get a part time job where someone gives him a l...
8.4K 274 18
A closeted young man from a Caribbean country moves to America and ends up in the same college as his online crush yet unable to come to terms with h...