𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓸𝓻𝓬𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 ✾|...

By AthenaWisdom1

✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・* *・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿   A Soulmate "Is someone who challenge... More

Epigraph
Prologue
°•~Rise of the Serpentine~•°
Rise of the Snakes
Home
Snakebit
Never Trust a Snake
Can Of Worms
The Snake King
Tick Tock
Once Bitten, Twice Shy
The Royal Blacksmiths
The Green & Guardian Ninja
All Of Nothing
Rise of the Great Devourer
Day of the Great Devourer
°•~Legacy of the Green Ninja~•°
Darkness Shall Rise
Pirates vs. Ninja
Double Trouble
Ninjaball Run
Child's Play
Growing Up, Unfortunately.
The Stone Army
The Day Ninjago Stood Still
The Last Voyage
Island Of Darkness
The Last Hope
Return of the Overlord
*Bonus; First Impressions.*
°•~Rebooted~•°
The Surge
The Art of the Silent Fist
Blackout
The Curse of the Golden Master
Enter the Digiverse
Codename: Arcturus
* Special Oneshot *
The Void
The Titanium Ninja
*Finding Emerald*
°•~The Tournament Of Elements~•°
The Invitation
※✥❀✾ Anniversary ❁✿❖✤
Only One Can Remain
Versus
Ninja Roll
Spy For A Spy
Spellbound
The Forgotten Element
The Day of the Dragon
The Greatest Fear Of All
The Corridor Of Elders
Bonus: The Date ❦ The Dream
°•~Possession~•°
Winds Of Change
Ghost Story *editing*
Stiix and Stones
The Temple On Haunted Hill
Peak-A-Boo
Kingdom Come
The Crooked Path
Grave Danger

Rise of the Spinjitzu Masters

868 32 5
By AthenaWisdom1

Lacey frowns as Dr. Julian finishes bandaging her leg, Lloyd stood behind her, his hands on her shoulders.

"Can I still fight?" Lacey asked, looking up at her.

"Hmm, I'm sorry. That leg will take weeks to heal," Julian told her sadly.

"We don't have weeks," Lacey grunts as she moves her leg.

"The battle between good and evil will be decided today " Wu said as he stroked his beard.

"And we can't even get to the fight, much less get off this island," Kai grumbled.

"Ah. I wonder if I'll ever see Nya again." Jay sighs, breathing out.

"Perhaps it's best to think of our friends as we remember them in our hearts, not as they are now." Zane said, shaking his head.

A few feet away, Lloyd was kneeling in front of Lacey, a concerned look on his face.

Lacey let's out a grunt and tries to stand up but to no avail, she huffed. "I'm useless." She muttered.

"Of course not," Lloyd said frowning.  "You're not useless, you're just hurt."

"Ugh!" She stands up, putting pressure on her leg that's not broken. She falls but Lloyd catches her.

Lloyd sighs and hauls her up, bridal style. She blushes as he walks over to the group and puts her down, his arm still wrapped around her to make sure she leans on him and doesn't fall.

"But I don't remember my father any other way," Lloyd speaks up.

"Your father loved you. It was the evil of the Great Devourer that corrupted him," Misako told him softly, looking regretful.

"Sensai, I don't understand. The prophecy said the Green and Guardian Ninjas would defeat the Dark Lord. Why didn't we win?" Kai questioned as he threw a pebble in the water.

"I...don't know..." Wu sighs, looking away.

"Don't know? You're Sensei! You always know! You have a long white beard!" Jay exclaimed as he hastily pointed at him.

"There must be some message to learn. A lesson. A word of wisdom. Just a word? Something." Kai said desperately. 

"For once, I'm afraid there is nothing to learn. Only that evil has won," Wu said, shaking his head.

Lacey looks down, dejected. The Overlord was probably already taking over Ninjago City. He must have already turned Ninjago dark.

"If Sensei doesn't have a lesson, then I do. I used to be nothing but trouble, but then I met you guys and Lacey. You took me in. Showed me the importance of being brave, the importance of being strong. And most importantly, being good. When this battle first began, when the First Spinjitzu Master fought the Overlord and his back was up against the wall and he knew it was all over, did he quit? No. He found a way to keep the fight going. He passed his Elemental powers to us. Of all people, a bunch of kids. But there must have been a reason he chose us. I'd like to think it's because he knew we'd never back down, we'd never give up. We've learned the ancient ways of the Ninja. And Ninja Never Quit!" Lloyd says, looking at everyone.

Lacey smiles and nods. "He's right. We have to stop the Overlord," She says.

"They're right. If that means we have to swim the sea to get off this island, then so be it," Kai says and starts wadding in the ocean. He shudders.

"Kai, wait..." Lacey sighs and shakes her head.

"The entire ocean? But I didn't bring my floaties," Jay said pouting.

"Well, if you got a better plan..." Cole trails off, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't, but he may." Zane said and points to the Falcon who was flying up above them.

"Ooh, the Falcon. He must have found something." Julian says.

____________________

After climbing the mountain, they enter the Temple of Light and find The First Spinjitzu Master's Mech. His golden mech.

"Hmm, nothing " Lloyd said but the mech suddenly activates. "Woah,"

There was also a built in seat on the left of the Mech's shoulder. Lacey raised an eyebrow.

"Woah!" Cole exclaimed..

"Looking good!" Kai praised.

"Killer!" Jay compliments.

"Amazing!" Zane cheers.

"I believe that seat is reserved for the Spinjitzu Master's soulmate." Wu said pointing towards the seat. Everyone looks at Lacey, she bites her lip and nods.

Lloyd helps her up and she sits on the surprisingly comfortable seat, she feels a tingle as the mech starts to glow more.

"How does the leg feel now?" Wu questioned her, staring at her.

Lacey smiles."Stronger and much better," She nods in satisfaction.

"Well, I know how they are getting to Ninjago, but what about us?" Misako asked.

Suddenly, a roar is heard. "I know that sound. It's our Dragon!" Jay exclaimed.

"I believe we just found our way off this rock," Wu said knowingly, a smile growing on his face.

________________

Lacey's eyes are closed tightly as she breathes heavily, her chest heaving up and down. They were flying on the mech and her seat was more open, thankfully it had a seat belt. Honestly, how did the First Spinjitzu Master's soulmate sit on this, it's so...horrific.

"You okay!" Lloyd yells at her, laughing slightly as the wind bellowed around them.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you!?" She yells back, opening her eyes and looking at him.

"Maybe! You might get over your fear of hights!" He exclaimed chuckling.

"Yeah, or it might increase it " She muttered under her breath.

"I see Ninjago. Were not far away!" Kai says as he points to a purple light coming out of the clouds

"Oh, you're sure that's Ninjago?" Cole asked in disbelief. He could hardly believe what the city had become.

"Wow," Jay muttered under his breath as he stared at the dark alleyways and streets.

"What is that thing?" Kai said seeing an unknown building that wasn't there before.

"Garmatron," Wu states. 

"It's turned into a fortress?" Misako asked as she eyed it.

"But where's the Overlord?" Julian asked as they land on the ground.

"He's turned everyone evil," Kai said as he and the guys peak over the corner of a building.

All the people were walking around like zombies, void of any color or emotions. They were all evil and dead looking.

"Oh, just like Nya." Jay said solemnly.

"And now they're helping his cause," Cole said scoffing before smirking. "I can't wait to see the look on the Overlord's face when he gets a load of us."

The Overlord suddenly roars as they all look up. Lacey's eyes widened in fear, he looked so big and scary.

"Oh, my goodness." Jay said shaking hishead. "Oh, sweet mother may I,"

"Look out, Jay!" Cole said as the Overlord launched Dark Matter towards them. They all jumped back, just in time.

"Is that the look you were hoping for?" Zane asked literally.

"Zane. No," Jay said shaking his head.

"The metamorphosis is complete," Misako said. "The Overlord's changed into his original form." She points towards the top of Garmatron where a dragon sat on top of the tall building. It's skin was black as tar and his teeth were sharp as a jagged rock.

"But we can't fly up there," Cole said shaking his head.

"We have my father's Golden mech. We have to draw their fire to help Lloyd and Lacey use the mech against the Overlord." Wu said.

"We hear you loud and clear." Cole said "Everyone, hold on tight!"

"Time to bring out the big guns," Lloyd said and slashes at a group of Stone Warriors.

"Lloyd, no one says that." Lacey deadpans.

"Oh, okay. Ninja-" He starts but the mech's other arm gets shot off. Nya laughs as she keeps shooting them until they fall over.

"They've been hit," Wu exclaimed.

"We need to protect them," Misako said. 

"Ugh. Oh, no! Ugh" Lloyd groans and helps Lacey up.

"Ninja, go!" The Ninja yell and jump out. Fighting for Lloyd and Lacey.

"Ah. I'm okay. We're okay," Lacey muttered.

"Yeah, but are we?" Jay asked as he looks around at all the people and warriors.

"Ice!" Zane yells. He makes a shield to protect them from the Dark Matter.

"Good job, Zane!" Kai said. Nya breaks the Ice. "Fire!" He yells.

Nya retreats back up the building. They are then outnumbered by the Stone Army.

"I know we've always drawn a crowd, but this is ridiculous," Jay sighs, shaking his head.

"How can you be making jokes at a time like this?" Kai asked looking at him in disbelief.

"Hey, if I'm going down, might as well go down laughing!" Jay snaps and Lacey smiles ruefully.

"If this is how we're going to go down, I'm proud to be fighting alongside my brothers and sister," Zane said looking around at all of them.

"Hear, hear." Cole said nodding with a grin.

"Keep fighting! Unh. Never give up!" Lloyd exclaimed as he punched and kicked.

"Ninja Never Quit!' Kai yells.

"Ninja, go!" They all yell and use Spinjitzu but Nya stops them.

"We're doomed, guys." Jay said.

"What happened?" Kai asked, looking at the stone army.

"What the hell?" Lacey said looking at the frozen soldiers and warriors.

"They are frozen," Zane states looking around.

"All hail the Brown Ninja! What do you command?" General Kozu says.

"Brown Ninja?" Jay asked in confusion. 

"Hehe, what's up, fellas? Looks like we all know who's in command now," Dareth said as he came forward, smiling excitingly.

"The helmet controls the Army. Well done." Cole said in realization.

"Oh, that means we now stand a fighting chance." Jay said excitingly, looking happy.

"We need to get to the top of that fortress. Lacey may not be able to get there by herself and I, but with your help, we can face him." Lloyd said, not wanting to be alone.

"Ninja, go!"

Dareth helps them by using Kai's blade and commanding the army to go up but Nya shoots them down. He quickly gives Kai his blade back.

The Ninja then start walking up the stairs, Lacey leaning on Lloyd as his arm is wrapped around her waist, helping her walk.

"Look out!' Jay yells and Cole gets hit with Dark Matter.

"Cole, come on. Get up!" Lacey urges.

"Ugh. I'm hit. Go! Go on...without me. Ugh," Cole groans.

"We need to move. Now!" Kai states and they all move up another flight of stairs.

Jay pushes Lloyd and Lacey before they get hit with Dark Matter, taking the shot instead.

"Jay!" Lloyd exclaimed.

"Get out of the way!" Jay groans.

"Don't look! Just keep climbing!" Kai tells them as he leads them.

"Ugh. From my calculations, with the distance remaining to the top, the odds are that only two of us are going to make it." Zane states.

"Them let's beat the odds! Let's-" Lloyd starts.

Jay and Cole have been corrupted by the Dark Matter and come after them, growling as they hold their Elemental blades up.

"Go on. I'll hold them back," Zane tell the others. They both attempt to strike him but he blocks the blades with his own.

Lloyd, Lacey and Kai continue up the steps and encounter a corrupt Nya inside a machine. She cackled maniacally.

"Nya!" Kai exclaimed looking at his sister. "I'm gonna draw her fire so you two can make it to the top,"

Nya starts shooting Darkness at them but Kai blocks it with his Elemental blade.

"No, don't! We can do this together." Lloyd said as Lacey nods.

"No. There's only one Green Ninja and one Guardian Ninja. This is your fight, guys," Kai told them, looking at them sincerely. He nods at them.

"You're hurt," Nya says to Lacey. "You hardly stand a chance!"

"Hiya!" Kai breaks her machine. "Go, guys!"

Lloyd and Lacey both make it to the top and confront the Overlord.

"We have come here to fight you!" Lloyd yells towards him.

"You're in no shape to fight. It's over. Evil wins," The Overlord said with a dark laugh.

Lacey glares at the Overlord with hate, "A Ninja never quits!" She said to him. 

"You two don't even have a sword," The Overlord said laughing.

"Who says we need one," Lacey asks, letting out a scoff.

"We don't need a sword." Lloyd said and looks at Lacey, both nodding at each other. They then link hands, Energy and Magic combining and making a force field around them.

"Then all I have to say is....goodbye." The Overlord states. He opens his mouth and blasts the couple with Darknes, nearly pushing them off the building.

Lloyd looks back at the city beneath him. He grabs Lacey's hand.

Together?

Absolutely. Come on!

Lacey glared at the Overlord, they both look at each other once again, nodding in confirmation.

They both surround themselves with the power. They're Energy and Magic force field grows, harming the Overlord. It glows brightly. The power combines and shines a beautiful gold that hovers over all around the city before the flow returns to them.

"They have become the Ultimate Spinjitzu Masters." Misako said staring up at them in awe.

"This is the Final Battle," Wu states sternly, as his eyes grew in realization.

Lloyd and Lacey's Gi's have changed to a golden color. Both their Gi's are a bright golden color, only Lacey's is more feminine and her leg is much better.

"We are the Ultimate Spinjitzu Masters." They both reply in unison.

"No!" The Overlord yells angrily.

The Overlord swipes at them and they're both pushed back. Lloyd blocks his wing and is kicked backwards. Lacey fumes and counterattacks. She kicks the Overlord, sending him back.

"No!" The Overlord growls.

Lloyd and Lacey summon their Golden Dragons.

"Awesome!" Dareth exclaimed.

"You can't defeat me. Where there is light, there will always be shadow!" The Overlord yelled.

"Unless our light is bright enough!" Lloyd yells as Lacey and his Dragons become one.

She grabs his shoulders tightly as golden magic glows out of her hands.

The Golden Dragon tackles the Overlord and they are both sent falling downwards. Both Dragons nearly crash into Dareth but he covers his head. The two Dragons move upwards.

"This. Ends. Now." Lloyd states.

"You can't defeat me!" The Overlord yells and surrounded Lloyd and Lacey with a cloud of darkness, allowing himself to grow in size.

He starts laughing and attempts to devour Lloyd and Lacey, however, they start resisting. "No. No! NO! NOOO!" They both use the Golden Power to defeat the Overlord.

The Overlord then implodes and the fog engulfs the entire city, turning them back to normal, good and gracious.

"Ugh. What happened?" Kai questioned standing up as he looked around at the ruined city that was now back to normal.

Kai and Jay then see Nya back to normal. "Nya!" They yell and run towards her. "My sister" Kai says. "Nya, you're back!" Jay says as he and Kai both hug her. She yelps slightly from the tightness of it but hugs back gratefully.

Cole helps Zane up, "Come here, you tin can." The ice ninja smiled as he hugged back and said, "Brother."

"Is this really happening? We did it?" Julian asked getting off the Ultra Dragon, and Misako and Wu follow.

"We did it. You did it. I did it! Hell, who didn't do it!?" Dareth said excitingly.

"Yeah. But where are Lloyd and Lacey?" Kai questioned looking around with a calm and content smile.

Lloyd and Lacey fly down on their combined Dragon.

"Lloyd! Lacey!" They all exclaim.

"You were brilliant, you two " Misako praised as she looked between the two lovers.

"Because of you two, Ninjago was saved. Because of you two, there will be a tomorrow," Wu said smiling happily. It was like a weight was off his shoulders, a burden, gone.

"Speaking of which, if the Overlord should ever decide to show his face again around here, we'll be ready." Kai said with determination as he held his hand up in a fist, nodding.

"And next time, we'll be a little more humble," Cole said jokingly as he thought back to all they had done.

"And a little more wise," Zane said smartly, remembering all the ridiculous things they had done.

"And with better catchphrases," Jay adds jokingly.

They all start laughing except Lloyd. Misako sees him frowning.
"We will all miss your father," She tells him while putting a hand on his shoulder.

From behind them, Garmadon gets up from a pile of rocks and walks towards them, limping. His hair was gray and his eyes were now a pretty brown, his skin was no longer black and he no longer had four arms. He had been purified by the Golden Power.

"Lloyd. What....what happened?" Garmadon questioned as he walked towards the group, announcing his presence.

"Garmadon, is it really you?" Misako questions in shock as she stared at him.

"Dad? Oh, dad!" Lloyd yells and runs towards him and embraces him. Lacey smiles widely, happy for him. She sighs.

"Every ounce of evil and venom is...gone " Misako said and hugs him.

"I feel good. Aha! It's been so long," Garmadon said gleefully as he hugged his son and wife.

"Good to have you back, brother." Wu spoke up happily.

"Wu! Good to be back," Garmadon said and puts a hand on his shoulder as Wu does the same.

Garmadon takes Misako's hand as Lloyd smiles and looks at his family. He glances back at Lacey.

She smiles back at him, waving awkwardly.

Garmadon glances back at her.

Misako chuckled. "I'll introduce you two later," she smiles.

"Aw, would you look that? Who would have thought we'd ever see the day? You think we should dogpile them?" Jay asked.

"Let's give them their moment. They earned it." Kai said with smile.

"It's been quite a ride, fellas." Cole said looking between his brothers.

"You think there will be others?" Zane asked knowingly, raising an eyebrow.
(You have no idea.)

"I hope so. I liked being a Ninja. It's not like we have many other skills," Cole said nodding his head with a smile.

"Ha, speak for yourself, I'm looking forward to doing a little inventing, maybe some model building, dabble in poetry-" Jay starts to list off.

"Jay's right. We've come a long way and there's no reason why we can't use what we've learned in our everyday lives. And who knows? We may have gotten the balance right today, but there's always tomorrow. There's no way of knowing what's around the corner. But as long as there's something worth fighting for, there's always a need for a Ninja. And we'll be ready." Kai said with a determined nod, putting a hand on Wu's shoulders.

The Sensei smiled, looking proud.

Everyone looks towards the rising sun.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Yay! That's it for season 2!

Done with the rewrite for season 2!

Onto season 3! Yay!

Athena
🥀

Vote

Comment

Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.5K 1.4K 54
In this world everyone has a soulmate or should i say soulmates?yes soulmates . many people have one soulmate or more than one it depends on your sou...
228K 4.1K 28
A collection of Haikyuu!! boys x reader oneshots, scenarios, & soulmate AUs! [CURRENTLY DISCONTINUED] [mostly x female readers, but some stories can...
229K 9.6K 20
Status: COMPLETE ~ ~ ~ [Soulmate AU!] "It is said that they are chosen, fated people. Yes, soulmates do exist in this world. Once you reach the age o...
57.1K 1.2K 16
"What's a soulmate?" "Well, it's like a best friend, but more. It's the one person in the world who knows you better than anyone else. It's someone w...