The Vampire's Pet

By poltergeist_people

this story contains adult content!!!! read at own risk. I glared at the vampire before me, pressing myself a... More

Prologue
Ch 1: Auction.
Ch 2: New Home
Ch 4: Why?
Ch 5: Tea
Ch 6: Jewelry
Ch 7: Ah that.
Ch 8: Only Time Will Tell
Ch 9: Gown
Ch 10: Drink Me.
Ch 11: Dudes and Dresses
Ch 12: Got it.
Ch 13: Monster.
Ch 14: What I Want.
Ch 15: Another Imperfection.
Ch 16: Obedient
Ch 17: Not Drunk Enough.
Ch 18: Damn Him That Bipolar Drunk.
Ch 19: The Quiet Game
Ch 20: Play Time
Ch 21: Prize
Ch 22: Boring Prudish Women
Ch 23: Bad Boy
Ch 24: Everything I Wanted
Ch 25: A Kings Son
Ch 26: Lets Have Sex
Ch 27: Cookies
Ch 28: Not a Word
Ch 29: Calla Lily
Ch 30: Our Little Secret
Ch 31: Ashes
Ch 32: One of Those Moments
Ch 33: Unwittingly
Ch 34: First Step.
Ch 35: ...I am Going to Punch You
Ch 36: Night Terrors
Ch 37: Dinner
Ch 38: You are so Going to Eat Those Words.
Ch 39: You Loooveee Her!!
Ch 40: It's Kind of a Big Topic.
Ch 41: Better in the Long Run.
Ch 42: Three Days Time
Ch 43: Teach me What I Need to Know
Ch 44: Chess
Ch 45: Death Grip
Ch 46: Holy Shit.
Ch 47: Secrets
Ch 48: Falling in Love
Ch 49: This Isn't my Kind of Game.
Ch 50: Fix This Fuck up.
Ch 51: Hypothetically
Ch 52: Five Minutes
Ch 53: I Would Wait Forever
Ch 54: Perfect Flower
Ch 55: Worries, Wants, Needs, Fears, and Nerves
Ch 56: I'll Live Forever
Ch 57: Open Your Eyes
Ch 58: Maybe
Ch 59: Nothing
Ch 60: Make a Visit.
Ch 61: A Bright Side to Everything
Ch 62: Strawberries and Champagne
Ch 63: Taste of Freedom
Ch 64: Waffles
Ch 65: Everything
Ch 66: A Wizard?
Ch 67: How Much?
Ch 68: I'm Yours.
Ch 69: You Hungry?
Ch 70: Drug.
Ch 71: Laugh
Ch 72: High Treason!
Ch 73: Jealous.
Ch 74: Just Gay and Less Deadly.
Ch 75: The History of the Calla Lily
Ch 76: I'm Going to Make This Last Forever.
Ch 77: A Chance
Ch 78: Do you Know how Vampires are Made?
Ch 79: The Best Way to Kill a Mood.
Ch 80: Only a Day.
Ch 81: I Love you Calla.
Ch 82: Wide Eyed and Terrified.
Ch 83: Calla Dawson

Ch 3: Goodnight

413K 14.9K 4.5K
By poltergeist_people

Calla POV:

I lay stalk still in bed next to the leach lord, unable to sleep and unable to move due to his arm around me.

        With nothing to do but feel the cold of his body seep into my skin I stared off into space. counting backwards from a thousand on repeat, trying desperately to keep from drowning in my own thoughts.

        Lying in a bed wearing nothing but skimpy underwear next to a vampire was something I had always wished to avoid. I may be young but from the moment I understood what it meant to be captured by the 'night creatures' as my mother always called them, I had sworn to myself that It would never be me.

        I would never be a woman who wore a collar.

        Yet here I was collar and everything. 

        I wondered if she would be disappointed. She had tried her very best to protect me, leaving me behind only when death stole the last beat of her heart. And here I was beginning a life she tried to avoid for me.

        My mother was a kind and wonderful woman with a 'stick it to the man' attitude, the man being vampires these days.

        'the man' had been Vampires since before I was born. 

        They took over almost a century ago, I wish I could say how but I cant. 

        I never went to school because my mom didn't want to register me as a human she didn't want to make it easy for them to take me away if they wanted.

        According to records my mother died ten years before I was born. She was a smart woman with a high sense of right and wrong and she knew the vampires were wrong.

        So she raised me by the sun rather than by the night like humans are raised now, switching me over when I got a bit older and we had to start moving. 

        We were always moving, drifting from place to place and stealing to survive. She taught me how to read and write along with the necessity's of survival but could not do much else for me. Still she would bring me old text books when she managed to find them and let me listen to whispers on the street so I could learn about the world around me and what it used to be. 

        I wish I could say I was a smart girl, I like to think I am. I can survive in any environment and lie through my teeth if I need too but I'm not the most book smart girl, although I did read the dictionary once to help my vocabulary, my lifestyle hadn't allowed for it. The way I see it I traded my smarts for my freedom.

        But now I don't even have my freedom, so what am I?

        The vampire Lord shifted in bed next to me, pulling me closer, "what the hell are you thinking about?"

        Shocked I yelped a bit, struggling in the bed to face him. By the time I was looking into his odd dual colored eyes I had successfully tangled myself in the sheets. 

        He was staring at me, one dark brow raised, a small smirk on his face, and amusement dancing in his eyes, "I asked you a question pet."

        I blinked at him, I hadn't glanced at him since we entered the room for fear he would get some ideas but this was not what i was expecting. His formally slicked back hair was now a shaggy yet somehow interesting chaos of wavy locks, the dyed red streak clearly visible as it swiped across his forehead with the rest of his bangs.

        He looked younger. Less vampiric lord and more dangerous if that made any sense.

        I wiggled away from him a bit, "uh thinking?"

        He hummed a bit to himself, "Yes little flower, thinking. Just because I haven't tasted your blood does not mean I cannot feel your thoughts if I desire I am a lord for a reason. they are fuzzy but very annoying I assure you."

        I blinked, "you can do that?"

        His lips formed a stern line, "..you were unaware? it is a skill all vampires acquire after drinking someones blood and one powerful vampires can tap into without having a drink first."

        "That's common knowledge?"

        He sat up a bit watching me closely, "it is something you should have learned in school from a very young age. It is taught to children so they don't go letting vampire adults drink from them. it helps keep order."

        Shit. I was supposed to learn that in school...which I never attended. "Uh..." I gave him my very best yawn, "oh wow I'm exhausted! goodnight sir, lord, whatever the hell I call you!"

        It wasn't very shocking when two cold fingers slipped into my collar and tugged me head up from my pillow, "Where did you go to school pet?"

        I looked away from his accusing eyes, "uh wow, when I was little? gosh i was so young I don't even remember."

        He stared at me for a second longer, "Why did you not have your papers when they found you?"

        "I forgot them."

       He leaned back against the headboard, "so if I was to look you up in the international database you would be there?"

        ...they have an international database? "of course?"

        I small growl I didn't even know vampires could make vibrated in his chest, "good. is Calla your real name?"

        I looked at him, offend, "of course it is!"        

        "and your last name is?"

        I went pale. along with my mothers faking of her death she changed her name and never bothered creating a last name, besides I wasn't going to be in any database, "your really going to check?"

        Cold red eyes stared at me cooley, their difference in shade making it even harder to look away, slowly they narrowed, his smooth voice filling the air, "first thing after the sun sets."

        My own eyes closed.

        A small tug on my hair caused them to open again. He looked me over once, "would you like to change any of your answers Calla? and give me your last name perhaps. lying to me is a punishable offense pet."

        I glanced at his hand, still holding part of my pale blonde hair. His grip tighten slowly and I felt my lips part without my consent, "I may not be in the database."

        He looked at me for a second but did not question me further, "that will never be mentioned to anyone else understood?"

        I nodded slowly.

        "and pet."

        "...yeah?"

        "Its Lord Dawson or my Lord in the presence of others, but in private you are permitted to call me Kaden."

        oh so that was his name. Part of me was happy he wasn't so much of a bastard to make me address him as master or whatever and that he wouldn't degrade me when we were alone. But most of me was still reeling in disgust from having to be anywhere near a human shaped leach.

        Still I found myself tasting his name on my tongue, "...Kaden"

        It was strange the way his name felt coming from my lips, dangerous and somewhat seductive.

        A small smirk made its way onto his lips and he smoothed out my blonde hair, "atta girl. Now go to sleep, Im fucking tired."

        I stared at him, mouth slightly ajar, did a vampire lord just cuss at me? wern't they supposed to be old as dirt and super proper? You know like he had pretty much been like until five seconds ago?

        His smirk grew, "Goodnight Calla."

        I sat there still in shock even as he lay down and turned away from me in the bed, finally after god knows how long I regained my senses, "goodnight...Kaden.."

        I could have sworn I heard a low chuckle before my own exhaustion took over and I passed out.

~~

A/N I know this chapter is really very short but it felt like it was a good place to stop. I hope you liked it though dear readers!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 8.4K 33
(Book 1 in the 'Blood Drops' series) Five drops for the vampires who drink it. Four for the creatures who relish in it. Three for the strong who take...
341K 13.3K 35
This story is the sequel to my previous story "King of the Vamps". It would be beneficial to read that story first as you will be introduced to some...
7.6K 244 84
"You cannot tell me what to do!" I sneered at the man standing before me. My newest assigned guard, who quickly became the biggest pain in my ass. He...
51.7M 2.1M 88
The world had gone to hell long ago, taken over by the vampire race. In order to keep some sort of peace in our land, the Vampire Lords made a consec...