beautiful - harry potter

By summersaries

"she's a very pretty girl but she's just not beautiful." Thalia Forthing, a 4th year Slytherin, the prettiest... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48

chapter 27

1.8K 63 21
By summersaries

"The Inquisitorial Squad," Draco exhaled giddily. He was laying on his bed next to Thalia and he was holding his golden pin up to the ceiling light. Thalia smiled at her best friend as he dropped the pin on his stomach by accident and he fumbled around with it. 

"And we're the leaders," Thalia laughed. Apparently, Umbridge suspected of Dumbledore forming a group of students to practice magic secretly and the Inquisitorial Squad was supposed to find out what they were up to and bust them.

"I'm writing to Father about this," Draco bragged. 

Theo exited the bathroom in a grey tee and black sweatpants as he trudge over to his bed. The blonde shook his wet hair against the towel before draping it at the foot of his bed and collapsing in the center. "Do you think there's actually a group?" Theo asked.

"Obviously not," Thalia huffed, rolling her eyes. "If there was, don't you think we would've been invited? We're probably the most skilled people in Hogwarts and no one even acknowledges it."

"We wouldn't get invited because everyone knows we support the Dark Lord," Theo opposed. He stared up at the blank ceiling strangely. Theo had also been recruited for the Inquisitorial Squad but he wasn't as excited about it.

"Yes, but they could've been smart and told us about training people, but not tell us the reason. They could've had Draco teaching Potions," Thalia explained. Draco had ranked 1st in Potions in their year but no one even noticed. 

"Theo would teach Defense Against the Dark Arts," Thalia motioned. Since he was skilled in the Dark Arts, he was also skilled in defenses and would've been a great help in Dumbledore's little group.

"Blaise would teach Occulumens," the brunette continued. Blaise was a skilled Legilimens and could teach Occulumens, which was defense against Legilimens. "And I could teach wand work."

"They probably weren't smart enough to think about that," Blaise shrugged. "I don't think they would've trusted us enough to invite us anyway. They hate us."

"Facts, brother," Draco said. "Their hatred for us blinds their rationality."

"Fucking idiots," Theo scoffed. "I hate Dumbledore and I hate Gryffindors and Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs. I hate the whole lot of them."

"Me too," Thalia said. If all of them were being truthful, they'd never hated Dumbledore or Gryffindors or Ravenclaws or Hufflepuffs. Slytherins only hate people who hate them, not the other way around. 

Slytherins were always disliked and bullied, but Draco and Thalia were the ones that stood out. The ones that didn't take shit from anyone and bullied their way through life, to prevent themselves from being bullied.

"Let's go," Thalia exclaimed. She hopped off Draco's bed and clapped her hands, signalling for the rest of them to get up. "Let's go out and we're going to make them pay! All of them are going to be sorry they were ever mean to us!" 

Draco and Theo started to shift around but Blaise didn't like the idea of bullying as much as the others did. He preferred to stay neutral, to not get involved. "Come on!" Thalia urged. "Draco, get Crabbe and Goyle and meet us in the common room."

Draco left the dorm and Blaise started to get to his feet while Theo threw on his sweater. Theo tossed one of his black sweaters at Thalia and the girl put it over her tank so she wasn't completely exposed.

Thalia put her pin on the sweater and fixed her hair in the mirror. Blaise opened the door to the dorm and Theo slung his arm around Thalia's shoulders as the Slytherins left the dorm room and entered the common room.

Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle were waiting by the exit of the common room, all showing off the gold pin that Umbridge had given them. 

Theo removed his arm from Thalia's shoulders and they all fell in line, Thalia and Draco in the front with Theo and Blaise trailing, and Crabbe and Goyle were last. The Slytherins walked out of the dungeons and into the hall where many students were still passing. 

"Chang!" Thalia called towards the Ravenclaw. The girl's pretty head spun around at the voice and Thalia waved. "Detention on Saturday!"

Draco reached out and knocked a Gryffindor's books out of his hands and onto the floor. "Whoops," he snickered.

Crabbe and Goyle slapped books out of students' hands as Thalia and Draco assigned detentions and took away house points. "Malfoy! Forthing! What's the meaning of this?!" Hermione yelled angrily, approaching the group with Harry and Ron following. 

"Meaning of what?" Thalia asked innocently, cocking her head to the side in question. "We haven't done anything, Granger."

At that moment, Crabbe stupidly knocked the books out of someone's hands and Thalia pursed her lips together. "Okay," Thalia said quickly, "Crabbe did do that, but I'm sure it was justified. Wasn't it, Crabbe?"

"That kid didn't give me his homework last week," Crabbe explained. Thalia nodded with a straight face, pretending that the excuse was very explainable. 

"Mudblood Granger, blood-traitor Weasel, and No Parents Potter," Draco addressed rudely. "All three of you have detention on Saturday. And next Saturday. And the Saturday after that."

"You can't do that!" Ron protested.

"I just did," Draco smirked. "Maybe next time, you lot will learn to mind your own business instead of weaseling into ours. See what I did there? Weaseling? Cus you, Weasel, you're a weasel-"

"We get it, Malfoy," Harry spat. 

"We're Prefects too. We can give you detention too," Hermione said. Thalia cocked an eyebrow and she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Do it then, Granger," Thalia demanded, testing her. Hermione turned a bright red and she fumed as her nostrils flared. "Right, that's what I thought. 30 points from Gryffindor for being an annoying bitch."

"30?" Hermione gaped. "30 points from Slytherin for calling me an annoying bitch!"

"It's a shame that you think you can take points from us," Thalia said, fake-pouting. "Granger, if you haven't noticed, we've got immunity cards."

"And they never expire," Draco added smugly. Thalia and Draco stared down their opponents as they fist-bumped and Hermione still continued to gape, like a fish out of water.

Thalia walked forward a bit so she was face to face with Hermione. Thalia was two or three inches taller so she bent down a bit and lowered her voice. "Maybe, things would've been different if you'd invited us to your little club," Thalia whispered. "We're going to find out what you're up to, and when we do..."

Thalia trailed off and her green eyes flickered towards Harry, but the boy only looked away, avoiding her gaze. Thalia coldly laughed and her eyes twinkled as she stared down Hermione. "You don't want to know what'll happen when we do."

The brunette pulled away and linked her arm with Draco as the Slytherins moved around the Gryffindors, making sure to push Ron and Harry as they passed.

-----

"Stupid stupid Slytherins," Harry mumbled as he entered his dorm. He threw himself onto his bed and dug his face in his pillow. It was hours after his encounter with the Slytherins and he was still worried about them finding out about Dumbledore's Army.

"I think I've got it," Thalia said. Harry's head shot up from his pillow and he followed the voice until his gaze set on Neville's bed. 

There were open books and papers sprawled out while Thalia and Neville sat next to each other towards the front of his bed. They both had quills in their hand and were looking at the same textbook.

"Avis," she said clearly with her hand open. A flock of birds flew towards her hand and hovered over it, causing Thalia to crack her famous smile. 

"Woah," Neville breathed out. 

"W-what're you guys doing here?" Harry asked. 

"We're studying," Thalia answered with a blank face. "What does it look like, Scarhead?"

"Don't say that," Neville mumbled, "Harry's my friend."

"Sorry," Thalia responded. "We're studying, Potter. What're you doing here?"

"This is my dorm," Harry stated. "And I would prefer if my ex girlfriend isn't here, thank you very much."

"Please, we didn't even date," the brunette scoffed. Harry felt his heart ache as she said those words so carelessly and he tried his best not to show his hurt, but there was a clear flicker in his cold gaze. 

"W-we can go to the library if you'd like," Neville offered. He began to pack up their belongings but Harry just smiled.

"You're fine here, Neville. It's not a big deal," Harry said. The messy-haired boy picked up a book and began to read, pretending to ignore the two across from the room, who were laughing as Thalia's birds flew around. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12 0 4
A girl who was destined to become a Slytherin but who did not want to be. Pandora is from a powerful, well-known family full of Slytherin's. She goes...
125K 2.5K 60
Draco Malfoy is an arrogant, rich, overall bully. But what if he never cracked? What if his tough exterior melted and someone was there to change his...
80.3K 1.6K 44
{Completed and Editing} You're a muggle-born who had gone to Hogwarts. It was your 4th year there, and you are in the Hufflepuff house & golden trio(...
370K 8.4K 40
From the good to the bad, everyone's favorite Slytherin princess, Rowan Bailey; seems like princess, isn't so innocent after all. + A book that takes...