Changing Fate | BL

By Ardent_Refugee

:: Neither a villain nor a protagonist. A simple but harmless background character who had little importance... More

A Different Body
Home
School
Council Members
Memories
Studying
Challenges
Wilting
Outing
Final Stages of Acceptance
His Own Reality
Healing Hands
Turning Wheels
Stray
Truth Revealed
Aftermath
Perspectives
Realization
The Beginning

Heroine and Villainess

9.3K 476 174
By Ardent_Refugee

He realized he was depressed. More so than he was in his pervious life.

It was strange. He didn't miss his old life yet he missed living his life. He missed being himself. Yet wasn't he himself now?

He questioned his new reality quite a bit. He wanted to sleep all day and binge eat snacks while studying till he had a nosebleed. But he also wanted to feel alive. Yet how would he know how to feel alive when he's never done so before? He was just a husk of flesh walking absentmindedly on the path his parents created for him.

He realized he never really did stuff because he wanted to but more so because others pressure him into it or benefitted his future career as a business worker. He didn't do it because he was passion about it. He only did it because he had to.

He never had a strong passion. The best he could describe of having a passion was when he was going to school and getting high marks. He didn't have hobbies to fill in his other part of his life. It was only work. Work. Study. Work. Study. Work. Study. Work.

He felt like he was going insane. His thought process was sluggish but at the same time he was thinking millions of thoughts at the moment. He couldn't understand. Why couldn't he simply be happy? Where was there a equation to it? A secret riddle that he needed to find? Did he have to do a couple of experiments?

What was it that he needed to do?

"Hey Acton you're spacing out again!" Emily pointed out, nudging on her friend's elbow. He successfully snapped him out his daze, blankly looking towards her. "Sorry." He muttered softly, noticing that class ended and it was finally lunch. She gently slapped his shoulder in a playful manner making the boy flinch slightly. "It's okay! I was just going to say that the female I saved before is here for you! I'll wait in the classroom so we can head towards the lunch area!" She explained, her smile soft.

Acton nodded, standing up and slightly dreading the person he saw behind the door. She may have had a neutral expression but he could feel the jealousy radiating off of the villainess. The villainess was quick to pull him aside, where the area lacked students at the moment. He watched as the female's demeanor quickly change, her eyes glaring daggers towards him.

"What do you want with Emily?" She spat out, sizing him up and looking down at him slightly as she was 5'6. He found it a bit depressing as he was only a inch taller than the heroine. Now he understood why shorter males felt a bit insecure about their height...

He could only sigh at the reaction. "Strange how you already know her name when she hasn't told you it yet." The villainess flinched, a bit flustered, gritting her teeth together. Though before anymore miscommunication occurred between the two, Acton was quick to put her worries at ease. "Don't worry. I don't like her like that. I barely met her though she seems more like a sister than potential lover to me." Acton explained boredly, resisting to yawn.

He noticed how the villainess shoulders relax and so did her express, seeing hope sparkle in her eyes. "I-Is that so..." She muttered shyly, a small smile gracing her lips. Acton couldn't help but admire her beauty for a short period.

She had long cerulean blue hair, reaching towards her her waist, shiny and well kept. Her eyes were also a similar color, though they were sharp and calculating, at the moment glistening with excitement and a love struck look. She coughed slightly to clear the silence, making her stance look more elegant and powerful.

It was noticeable through her school uniforms that she had a hourglass shape figure, her legs long and chest bigger than average. She was completely different from the heroine. Emily was a innocent and cute looking girl that made you want to protect her. On the other hand, the villainess was a powerful and seductive figure, making many men grovel to her feet. She was also the same age as Acton and Emily, being 18 years old.

"My name is Sapphire Blakeway, daughter of the duke." Acton gave a lazy smile towards her confident posture, introducing himself in a more relaxed way. "Acton Addington. By the way you like Emily don't you?" He asked bluntly making her face turn bright red.

She stuttered for a bit, her hands placed on her bright red cheeks trying to hide her embarrassment. "Is it that noticeable?..." She asked shyly making Acton snort. That was a good enough answer for her, groaning at how quickly she was discovered.

"I can try and help you if you want?" He offered making her slumped shoulders tense again. She looked surprised yet ecstatic at the offer, quickly nodding. "Ah... Sorry this is unladylike of me isn't it? And what female goes after another one?..." She muttered dejectedly, suddenly sulking. He chuckled at her expressive nature, not seeing this side before in the game.

"Well to others it may be but I it prefer this anyways. As you know from the rumors I was a commoner before. I'm use to people being honest and expressive unlike nobility." He explained to assure her. "I mean why would I be friends with Emily if she's so expressive? It's refreshing isn't it?"

Sapphire was silent for awhile, nodding slowly. "Let's go join Emily for lunch." At that the villainess cheeks became tinted with pink, quickly following after the slightly smaller male. They both met up with the heroine, her being extremely welcoming to the villainess once Acton explained she would be joining.

The villainess seemed to overjoyed at the Heroine's attention, talking back and forth about themselves when walking towards the lunch room, though Emily talking more. "Hey Acton now that I think about it, where's your butler? Isn't he usually with you?" Emily questioned.

"Ah... It seems like he was originally Cade's butler so he took him back for awhile..." He explained making her give a single oh. It's been at most three days without Alex being by Acton side. He could only assume he got an urgent mission given by Cade as he remembered something about that happening in the beginning of the otome game in his route.

Acton assumes he was investigating the sudden attacks of the shit load of monsters and if there was a reason for it. In reality it was the the main villain who was behind the attack, the demon king. Something about testing out his enemies in his short dialogue. Though Acton recognized that there isn't much know from the demon king personally and appearance wise, his face being blacken out.

'They just kill him and boom, the main boss is defeated.' Acton thought for a moment, following the two chatting females into the lunch room. He found it cliche to have a demon king included, a figure that is tyrant who wishes to destroy the Earth. Thus could've just made the otome game without a demon king it wouldn't have made much of a difference. At least that's what Acton thought. That's why he didn't favor this game, he hasn't played any other otome game but he can tell this one was insanely cliche.

Shappire's sheer presence made the buzzing room silent, creating a path for the duo in front of Acton and letting them cut in the lunch line. 'How cliche.' Acton thought, already tired of this world's setting. Emily seemed to notice none of her fellow classmates strange behavior though. Acton personally didn't give a shit, humming slightly as he grabbed the chocolate pudding with happiness, usually unable to get them because they were limited in supply.

Somehow Sapphire wasn't a mess speaking to Emily, making Acton silently cheer for her as he ate his pudding. "Hey now that I think about it, who do you think is hot out of all the student council members?" Emily asked suddenly making Acton choke on his food.

She sent him a concerned look, passing the water towards him which he took gladly, gulping it down and sighing in relief. His eyes snapped towards Sapphire wondering how she was doing, seeing as she looked surprised herself and frozen.

"Personally I don't think I can choose. They're all so handsome that even if I get a glimpse of them, my heart goes Doki Doki!" Emily gushed, squealing slightly as she fangirl. Sapphire mood instantly deteriorated, becoming gloomy as she reluctantly agreed.

"What do you think of them Acton. They're handsome right?" Emily questioned excitedly, eyes shining in expectation, pushing her hands on the table and pushing her face near his, ignoring his personal space. He could only laugh nervously, backing away from her slightly. "I don't really know to be honest. At a stand point they are handsome but is that all they can offer? Looks? I'm also a male so my opinion might be biased." Acton spoke out weakly, trying to find his words to get out of this situation.

"Aw... You're no fun!" She exclaimed, pouting slightly making Acton sigh. "Well are you into females? Would you be fine dating the same gender as you?" He questioned making her go silent and Sapphire perk up. He only asked the question to help the villainess out if he was being honest. He could tell Sapphire was getting anxious of hearing Emily's answer as the female herself ponder about it.

"Hmm... Love is love! I don't care if it's a female or male, as long as they're cool!" She stated out proudly putting her hand in the middle of her chest, grinning brightly. Acton could tell Sapphire was relieved, her heart melting at her crush's smile. It made him also relieved seeing how Sapphire might have a chance herself.

"Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you Acton but I'm getting recruited into the student council member!" Emily exclaimed. 'Ah there goes Sapphire's mood...' Acton thought almost amused but at the same time feeling bad at her face becoming white. "Ah... I-I'll be joining too!" Sapphire almost exclaimed back flustered.

Emily expression brighten at that remark making Acton groan at the situation the villainess put herself into. "Really?!?! I was kinda scared I was going to be all alone... Wait but doesn't that mean Acton will be all alone?" Emily questioned sadly, sending him a pitiful gaze my way. Acton nervously chuckled unsure on how to comfort her, watching as the villainess was internally freaking out at the same time.

"N-No! Don't worry about it!!! He'll also be joining! T-That's why I pulled him aside to discuss about it! Isn't that right Acton?" Sapphire explained making Acton shoot a confused look towards her. "No-" He yelped in pain, weakly glaring at the villainess who stomped on his foot under the table. She only glared back making him whimper and turn towards Emily. "Y-Yeah that's right..." He replied in defeat making Sapphire smile brightly.

"Really??? I'm so happy! Then we should all go together after school!" Emily exclaimed, hugging them both. Sapphire seemed to relax into her hold, smiling dumbly as she hugged her back. Acton could only watch with a deadpan, almost having a mental breakdown being pulled along the villainess schemes.

'She truly is evil!...'

The bell rung, making Acton fall deeper into despair. "Ah! We should go back to our class Acton!" Emily reminded making Sapphire look slightly depressed as she let go. "See ya later!" Emily waved making Sapphire wave back with a genuine smile.

Emily guided him through the halls, holding hands to make sure they wouldn't lose each other. It just made Acton recognized how psychically affectionate Emily was, not to his surprise though. She was pretty affection in the otome game as he remembered. "Ya know you're pretty comforting if that makes sense? Whenever I'm around you, you make me feel relax and all warm and fuzzy? Kinda like a mother if that makes sense? Not to be weird or anything!" Emily rushed at the end, trying to explain herself which made Acton chuckle.

"It's fine. The first time I've heard that to be honest. I'm glad you feel comfortable around me." He replied with a bit of a sad smile, remembering that Emily never had a mother figure to beginning with. She smiled back with a grin, walking around in comfortable silence as they maneuvered in the crowd towards their destination. Once they entered the classroom shrilly voices could be heard, making Acton slightly cringe at the high pitched sounds.

"Kyaaaa! Our new teacher is so hot!" A group of girls whispered to each other, though not very good, being completely audible. Even Emily seemed to slightly fangirl as she looked at the teacher, tugging on Acton's arm like crazy. "Acton! Acton! Oh god they're right! Look!" She said in a loud hush, not caring if she was heard or not.

'Ah another capture target.' Acton thought boredly, humming as he stared at the smiling teacher. Acton acknowledged he was attractive though. They had a substitute for this class for the first few days because the capture target was also investigating the monster attack.

He like the rest of the capture targets had sharp facial features, having short dark blue hair almost covering his eyes. His eyes themselves were brown but even if they were a natural color, his eyes seemed mysterious and more attractive than blue or any eye color for that matter. It was noticed that there was a yellow tint to them too, rather in some lighting it would be more visible and bright. He also had a beauty mark on his chin, leaning towards his right side more.

His body structured screamed strong, having broad shoulders and a good psychic overall. His black shirt's sleeves were rolled up towards his elbow, showing off his black tattoos on his arms, on his left wrist a expensive watch on it. He was basically the definition of a lady killer. Though he wasn't interested in any other female student than Emily in the otome game. He was 22 years old. (I changed his age again, I don't like too much of an age gap but 18 x 22 still is sketchy...)

"Settle down class." The females seemed to swoon over his deep voice, making the students rush towards some chairs. Acton was unimpressed and a bit disturbed by the cliche actions the females students were giving towards someone attractive but said nothing. He simply sat down next to Emily as she fangirl with the rest of the females.

"Let me introduced myself, my name is Wyatt Colvert, otherwise known as the grandson of the school principal. As you know, it's my first year teaching but I hope that we will have a eventful year together as a class." Some females squealed while some males glared at the teacher, their man pride hurt it seems.

"Today we will be learning what we will be going over this year as a class. This class specializes in magic, meaning we'll be going outside quite a bit. Be prepared to endure difficulties through this year as I guide you."

"Today we will be using this crystal ball to show our specialized skills. Anyone want to volunteer?" He questioned making the room go silent. "Me! Me!" Emily shouted, waving her right arm out frantically. The teacher chuckled, telling her go up. "Let's go Acton!" Emily grabbed Acton wrist and dragged him to the front much to his displeasure, whining a bit at the female's action.

"Oh? Is this you're little sibling? I skipped a couple of grades myself but I didn't know that we had a teen enrolled this year." Wyatt questioned, curiously looking at Acton with a teasing smile and patting his head. Acton eyes narrowed, slapping his hand away with a small glare.

"No I'm 18 years old too." Acton muttered bitterly. He looked half surprised but grinned slightly, ruffling Acton's hair this time. "Oh sorry kiddo. Must've been because you are short, not helping with those shorts that make you look a bit childish." He explained with a grin making the shorter male scoff. Acton forgot he was one of those teasing and playful male leads. His brows scrunched up for a second in confusion since he only called the heroine kiddo because he liked teasing her with that nickname.

Emily seemed slightly nervous at Acton small glare, laughing slightly to ease the tension. "Okay I'm testing the crystal ball now!" She exclaimed, making Acton look at her with a blank expression. He didn't understand why she chose to volunteer when she already knew her element. She truly was an airhead ready to impress anyone whoever looked at her. Which was quite sad thinking about it since she's lacked attention since childhood.

Once she slapped her hand on the crystal ball a bright light filled the room making Acton cover his eyes with both hands. The others did the same expect in a cooler way, shielding their eyes with one hand shouting 'whoa' from shock as Emily pulled her hand away from the orb. She smiled cheekily at him and the teacher.

"Impressive. It's one the strongest holy magic reaction I've ever seen, not that I've seen much of but still." Wyatt complimented making Emily overjoyed. "Okay your turn now!" She said towards Acton making him slightly groan. "I don't want to... My element is weak..." He muttered out with a slight pout.

"Come on don't be such a debby downer! I saw how awesome you were during the monster attack!" Emily laughing at the end, slapping Acton's back which made him stumble. "Emily restrain your strength you almost pushed me to the ground." Acton scolded making her laugh awkwardly. "Haha sorry..."

He could only sigh, walking towards the crystal and placing a hand on it. It had a faint glow of green making him deflate a bit. The teacher only chuckled, consulting the boy. "It's okay you're magic just below average when it comes to strength. Though the nature type of element isn't exactly battleground material so if you had any thoughts joining the military, you probably shouldn't. You're body doesn't seem like it would last long with the psychical training either." He explained making Acton even more depressed.

'I don't care about the military but I was practically called weak...'

"You'd be great support though in battlefield if you really want to enter it. It seems like your element would work well with defense and healing. There are some plant wielder capable of healing." The teacher explained making Acton slightly confused. "But don't light users and holy magic heal?"

"Well yes and no. Holy magic isn't capable of healing as greatly as some nature wielders can, even so nature wielders struggle to heal at times. Holy magic is meant to fight off dark magic much to many surprise. Also light magic is more attacking, making it impossible for light users to heal. Though nature wielders are a bit different. They can make life with a flick of their finger and connecting with that fact, they have properties of healing. Who knows, you might be the first nature wielder to be powerful in either defense, attack, and healing so don't give up so soon." Wyatt explained with a thoughtful gaze.

Acton thought about it but he doesn't mind being mainly defense and he did find healing helpful. He noticed Wyatt hand slightly hovering over his head, probably wondering when Acton will slap it away. Though Acton bashfully turn his head to the side with a slight blush on his cheeks, as if telling Wyatt to continue giving him the head-pat. Wyatt gave a soft grin, patting Acton head with a flash of emotion in his eyes that seem indescribable to Acton. Not that he really cared at the moment to figure out, relishing in the affectionate action.

What? He actually enjoyed being praised as it was the only affection he usually got.

Wyatt seemed surprised but had a wide smile, ruffling Acton's hair which ruined the moment for him. Acton slapped his hand away with a scowl, patting his messy hair and dragging Emily back to their desks.

'This is going to be a long day...'

::

Do not fear, for Acton won't be that weak. He's rather lazy so he preferred not to do the main stuff in battles anyway. He won't be OP either in strength. He will have strong suits and he will not in other areas.

K bye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 10.2K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
831K 38.4K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

103K 2.4K 39
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
304K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc