rooftops

By maywashere_

༄ Dream is the lead guitarist in a band, George is just a boy who happens to be the one Dream falls for. Litt... More

chapter 1 ~ him
chapter 2 ~ music
chapter 3 ~ sweater weather
chapter 4 ~ knocking
chapter 5 ~ plans
chapter 6 ~ 505
chapter 7 ~ wild ones
chapter 8 ~ know
chapter 9 ~ my blood
chapter 10 ~ realizing
chapter 11 ~ reality
chapter 12 ~ clouds
chapter 13 ~ mountains
chapter 14 ~ sleeping
chapter 15 ~ lipstick
chapter 16 ~ the hill
chapter 17 ~ home
chapter 18 ~ help
chapter 19 ~ flying
chapter 20 ~ jane
chapter 21 ~ snow
chapter 22 ~ warmth
chapter 23 ~ lying
chapter 25 ~ creak
chapter 26 ~ droplets
chapter 27 ~ elevator
chapter 28 ~ the truth
chapter 29 ~ hallway
chapter 30 ~ shoved
chapter 31 ~ jumper
chapter 32 ~ spiraling
chapter 33 ~ sand
chapter 34 ~ worsening
chapter 35 ~ driveway
chapter 36 ~ caving
chapter 37 ~ moon
chapter 38 ~ stars
chapter 39 ~ dreams
chapter 40 ~ deeds
chapter 41 ~ nerves
chapter 42 ~ breeze
chapter 43 ~ suitcase
chapter 44 ~ pen
chapter 45 ~ arguing
chapter 46 ~ calls
chapter 47 ~ song
chapter 48 ~ packet
chapter 49 ~ rooftops
chapter 50 ~ touch
chapter 51 ~ him
epilogue 1/2
epilogue 2/2
notes !!
life after

chapter 24 ~ calm

95.8K 2.4K 17K
By maywashere_

mature language

//Dreams pov

"Tommy listen to me" I start, but I dont even know how to end my sentence.

He turns to leave, and I guess hes going to wake George to tell him everything he just heard.

I lean out and grab the back of his sweater, pulling him into the room. I shut the door and stand against it, trapping him in here with me.

"Why are you lying to him? Who the fuck are you?" he whispers to me in a pissed off tone.

"Im, im not lying to him, okay? I just-" but he cuts me off again.

"You're not lying to him?! I just heard you tell whoever that was that you're a piece of clay and that youve lied!" he exaggerates, his voice getting louder.

"What?"

"You said you're Clay, how can someone be Clay?"

"Thats, thats my name" I tell him.

"Your name is Dream" he says slowly, staring at me.

"No, my name is Clay"

"But I thought-" he begins, but I cut him off unintentionally.

"Tommy I promise the less you know about this, the better"

"You think im not going to tell him? What sort of fucking world are you living in?" he shoots, taking a step towards me.

"You cant tell him, and keep your voice down" I hiss at him.

"You either tell me what the call was about or ill go find him right now"

"I cant tell you what the call was about, I promise im planning on tell-"

But I stop talking when Tommy suddenly inhales a deep breath.

"GEOR-" he starts, but I slam my hand against his mouth.

"What the fuck?! Be quiet!" I hiss, and he trys to squirm away from my hand.

"Are you gonna shout?" I ask him.

He glares at me for a couple of seconds before shaking his head.

I let go of him, and he backs away from me.

"Tell me what it was about" he repeats.

Hes showing zero signs of backing down, and im running out of time before he starts screaming again.

I sigh and run a hand through my hair.

"Tommy if I tell you, you cant tell him, I promise I do plan on telling him, the time just isnt right yet" I start.

He nods at me, before he goes to sit on Georges bed, looking pleased with himself for bullying me into telling him the truth.

"If I back away from the door, will you promise to stay put?" I ask

"Promise"

I move away from the door and fling myself down onto the bed.

Hes sat near the end, watching me curiously.

He doesnt say anything, and I think hes waiting for me to start, so thats what I do.

"I met George a while ago, online, and then when things got complicated I had to leave" I start, staring at the roof.

"And then he showed up in New York, and I was afraid to tell him about who I really was, and now everythings gone a little too far" I continue on, keeping my eyes plastered on the roof.

"What got complicated?" he asks me.

"What?"

"You said 'things got complicated', did you guys have a fight?"

"No, I- I started to like him" I tell him.

"Oh"

"Yeah"

We both go quiet for a minute or two, before he starts asking me more questions.

"And you're Clay?"

"Yeah, thats my name"

"So why do you go by Dream?" he asks.

"It was my username online after I stopped talking to George, and it was around the time I met Wilbur, so everyone just started calling me Dream" I explain.

"Makes sense"

"I guess"

"So who were you talking to?" he asks.

"On the phone?"

"Yes on the phone" he shoots at me sarcastically.

I grin a little before answering. "Sapnap, he lives in America"

"Does he know George too?"

"He used too, he actually introduced the two of us" I tell him.

"And he knows about all of this?"

"Yeah, he wants me to tell George too"

"At least hes on the right side of the issue"

"Wow, low blow, I want to tell him too" I respond.

"So why dont you?" he asks me.

"Im afraid hes gonna react shit and leave me" I tell him, putting a hand behind my head.

"Could you blame him?" he says.

"Jesus Tommy, I thought we were friends"

"We are, its a genuine question" he tells me.

I lay and think about it.

Could I blame him? Could I blame him for running away after what ive done?

"No, I wouldnt blame him, id let him go"

Tommy watches me, his eyes not flickering away.

"Then I think you genuinely care about him" he says.

"Huh?"

"If you like him so much that youll let him go, then you must really care about him" he says.

"I do care about him, more than he knows" I tell him.

"Yeah, I can tell"

I turn my eyes away from the roof to look at Tommy, but hes not focused on me anymore, hes playing with a thread on his jumper.

"Promise you wont tell him?" I ask.

"I wont, but if you dont tell him in the next little while, then I will"

"It wont come to that, im gonna tell him after we get to New York" I say.

"Oh you guys are actually doing that?" he asks, looking up at me.

"Yeah, im pretty sure we are"

"So Tubbo can move in?"

"Yeah, I think so" I respond.

He smiles as he jumps off the bed, running out of the room screaming for Tubbo.

I laugh a little before I hear my phone ding from beside me.

I peer over to look at the screen to see what the notif is.

Its a text from Sapnap.

I pick up my phone and slide into our messages, reading his text.

Sapnap;
Hey, can you text me whenever you know the date you're flying back into New York??

Its weird for him to text stuff like that from out of the blue, but im too distracted to dive into anything.

Dream;
Sure, now go to bed.

I slide my phone into my hoodie pocket before I sit up out of the bed and leave Georges room, heading back downstairs.

George is still exactly where I left him, and he looks comfy.

I feel bad moving him, so I sit on the end of the couch, lifting his legs to lay over my lap.

After a little while Tommy and Tubbo appear downstairs to get breakfast, and they ask me if I want anything.

"No im okay for now, whatre you guys making?" I ask.

"Probably just toast, George always tells me to not get too into cooking" Tommy tells me.

"Why?" Tubbo and I ask him.

"I dunno, probably something about burning down the kitchen" he tells us, and Tubbo starts laughing with him.

They head out to the kitchen and I can hear them joking and laughing as they go, and it makes me smile.

I end up scrolling through my phone as some old show plays on the television.

I can hear Tommy and Tubbo still laughing about something from the kitchen, and I start laughing. They really do act like brothers.

They both eventually emerge from the kitchen with plates, and it looks like scrambled eggs on toast.

Tommy puts a plate down in my lap, and before I can say anything hes already talking.

"I felt bad not making you anything"

"You not making him anything? I did all the cooking" Tubbo says from the other couch.

"Shhh" Tommy responds, sitting beside Tubbo.

I laugh at the two of them, and take a bite out of the toast.

"Thanks" I tell them.

I toss the television remote to Tommy, letting him choose what to watch.

George is still sound asleep just beside me, and hes showing zero signs of waking up any time soon. Im guessing we'll just have a chill day in today.

After we finish eating I gather everyones plates and bring them to the dishwasher.

Tommy and Tubbo trail along behind me as I make my way to the kitchen.

"Whatre you guys doing today?" Tommy asks me, sitting beside Tubbo at the dining room table.

"Im not sure yet, George seemed tired when we got back so we'll probably just hang around here today" I tell him.

"Oh alright, do you mind if me and Tubbo head into town for a couple hours? We need to get a green screen for our next video" Tommy explains.

"Yeah thats fine, whats the new video about?" I ask.

They both start explaining it to me for around 10 minutes, and it sounds pretty cool.

Tommy and Tubbo both head upstairs to get ready to leave, and I wander back through the hall to where George is still positioned the same as he was when I left him on the couch.

I flop back down beside him, and he doesnt even flutter an eyelid.

I lift his body, allowing myself to slide underneath him. This makes him shuffle a little, but he doesnt wake.

I pull him in tight against me, letting his head lay limply on my chest. I lean down a kiss him on his cheek before I stare at the book left on the coffee table.

I dont want to read it, but I know itll kill me if I never find out what happens.

I reach out and snag the book up, placing it softly to stand on Georges head as I flick through the pages, looking for where i'd last been.

Its only around 4pm, but its already started to get dark outside. The snows still there from last night, but its started to melt and become mushy.

I dont mind when snows all nice and fluffy, but I hate the aftermath.

Its still eerily quiet outside though, and thats nice.

The sound of Tommy and Tubbo in the doorway snaps my attention up from my book.

"We're off, hopefully we wont be too long" Tommy tells me.

"Alright, have fun" I tell the two of them smiling.

"Cya!" Tubbo responds, turning to follow Tommy back down the hall to the front door.

I listen to the door shut, and I turn back to my book, looking for where id last let off.

I end up managing to blow through 4 chapters, and im hoping im near the end now.

I drop the book down beside me when I get to the end of the chapter im on. I peer down to see if id woken up George, but nope, still asleep.

I slide my phone out of my pocket and tap into google. I hesitate, staring at the screen.

I dont want to do anything ill regret, and I dont know when George planned on leaving for America, but im afraid if I dont do it now then I wont do it all.

I finally cave, looking up flights back to America.

The earliest is in two days, but I feel like thats way too soon. I scroll through the list of flights, until one catches my attention.

Its 6 days away from now. 6 days, that should be plently of time, right?

Its not like we have much to do apart from packing up his stuff. Plus we can help Tubbo move stuff in too with 6 days, surely?

So I purchase the tickets.

The sooner we get back, the better.

The sooner I can tell him the truth, the better.

I look down at him, studying his face. He looks peaceful right now.

I watch his face as he sleeps. His breathing is quiet and even, but his lips are slightly parted. His hair is messy, thrown around his face wildly.

Im guessing its from me moving him, so I start to slide it out of the way of his eyes, trying my best to not wake him.

His face is slightly flushed, but id say its because hes warm. The pink across his cheeks lets me see his freckles more clearly, which im grateful for, because you can never normally see them well enough.

I lean my hand out to stroke along his jawline and up his cheek. His skin is soft, pale and soft.

I stare at him curled up against me.

I want to kiss him, god I want to kiss him so bad, but hes asleep.

So instead I just watch him.

I watch as he takes his slow even breaths, I watch as his hair falls back into the way of his eyes as he moves closer to me, I watch as his cheeks slowly get more flustered.

Ive said it once, and ill say it a million times more, hes so beautiful.

Gorgeous, handsome, pretty, however you want to phrase it. Thats what he is.

I could watch him all day. Id never get bored of watching him.

The way he moves, the way he speaks, the way he gets excited when you bring up something he likes.

The way he does small things for me, like making me food, or even just making my bed. I notice the things, and i couldnt be more grateful for them.

Id choose him over everyone.

Its always going to be him now, hes my person.

I dont notice at first, but his eyes are starting to open.

I dont take my hand away though, I stay where I am.

His eyes are properly open now, and hes watching me with a curious expression on his face.

"What're you doing?" he mumbles, his words coming out slowly.

"Looking at you" I tell him.

"Why?" he asks, and I dont think hes fully woken up yet. He moves his hand up to rub his eyes tiredly.

I lift my hand, tilting his head slightly towards mine.

Im not moving aggressively though, I barely touch him, only enough for him to get the message.

I stretch out my thumb, glazing it just under his bottom lip.

Hes waking up now, I can tell by his sudden alertness.

I let my thumb move back and forth, rubbing softly against his lips.

He stretches his head up closer to mine, clearly getting impatient.

I cant help but grin before I close the small space let between the two of us, pressing my lips onto his.

I feel him climb out of my arms, sitting himself directly on my lap instead.

I place my hands on his hips, steadying him against me. The kiss doesnt break though, he holds onto it.

I eventually pull away from him, not allowing myself to get too into it.

"Whyd you kiss me all of a sudden?" he asks me, dropping back down to his normal position against my chest.

"No reason"

"There is a reason, you just wont tell me"

"Because you dont need to know" I say, lifting his head to kiss him once more, but I only linger for a few seconds before pulling away.

"Its really shitty outside" I tell him, trying to change the subject.

"Are Tommy and Tubbo upstairs?" he asks me.

"No they went into town about a half hour ago" I respond, releasing him from my grip as he starts to stand up from the couch.

"To do what?"

"Something about a green screen and youtube" I tell him, but im not paying attention to what im saying, im watching him dig through the games cupboard.

He pulls out a scrabble box and sets it on the floor beside him before he turns to look at me.

"No" I tell him.

"Please"

"No, every time I win you whine about it for hours after"

"I wont whine because I wont lose" he tells me.

"You say that every time George" I laugh.

He seems to think thats a yes, so he picks up the board and comes to sit back down.

I stare at him as he takes everything out, waiting for him take the hint that im still not playing

He looks up at me, and then starts to complain again.

"Come on, please"

"No, youll just be upset when I win"

"You're making me seem like a sore loser, you just cheat" he accuses me, continuing to set everything up.

"See! We havent even started and you're already saying im a cheater, how the fuck would you even cheat in scrabble?" I ask him.

"So youll play then?"

I watch him do some sort of pathetic pouty face before I roll my eyes.

"Fine, one round" I say, sitting up.

He lights up with excitement as he starts to smile. He finishes setting up the game, and we start to play.

And thats when it starts to cross my mind.

"George" I ask as hes looking at his letters.

"Mhm?"

"What would you say, if id already bought the tickets back to America?" I say, watching his face carefully for a bad reaction.

He looks up at me, his face unsure.

"For when?" he asks me.

"6 days away"

He drops his unsure look, turning back to his letters.

"That's plenty of time, id of let you get them for earlier if you had talked to me about it" he tells me, arranging letters on the board.

"Good, I thought id give us time incase you had any plans I didnt know about" I say to him, studying whatever letters I had to work with.

"Well not any plans you didnt know about" he responds, putting emphasis on the 'didnt know'.

I look up at him, having zero clue as to what hes on about.

"What?" I ask him, and he looks up to meet my eye.

"Did you actually forget?"

"Forget what?"

He stares at me for a couple of seconds, seeming unsure if im actually serious.

When he understands that I genuinely dont know what hes talking about, he starts to laugh.

"Whats so funny?" I ask him.

It takes him a couple of seconds, but he eventually stops laughing before turning to talk to me.

"You still have to meet my parents"

-
-
-

authors note!
• 9k reads?? thank you all so much!!
• im sorry for the delay in this chapter! i tried to make it longer to make up for it:))💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 124 17
DISCONTINUED George is an openly gay guy at his school but people were everything from forgiving. He is bullied, harassed, and most of all, depressed...
1.3K 100 12
Going to the town's famous masquerade, it doesn't really turn out the way he expected as throughout the magical night, he finds himself attracted to...
70.5K 1.6K 19
Dream is a killer, a psychopath, addicted to the thrill it gives him. George is just the poor boy that seems to catch his eye. Will dream make george...
9.1K 244 20
Dream wanted to believe that George was kidding, but his words hit like a tsunami: "i don't know who they are," and once the light green eyes made th...