Wake Up Call

By VictoriaAshleyAuthor

A broken girl... Twenty years old and I'd finally had enough. I couldn't take anymore, so I packed up my thin... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
Wake Up 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21

CHAPTER 12

450K 4.7K 995
By VictoriaAshleyAuthor

JACE

"Fuck!"

Yelling, I slam my fist into the building, before running my hands through my hair in frustration.

She's gone...

I tried getting to her before she took off, but Lyle slowed me down by calling after me right as I was about to run out the fucking door after her.

Lyle's been coming here for years; I couldn't just ignore him without letting him know I needed a minute first. So like an idiot, I walked over to his booth expecting to be quick, but he kept talking, holding me back, until I finally lost it and ran out the door in search of her.

My chest hurts, knowing she's gone and I can't do a damn thing to protect her.

I wanted to take care of her.

I wanted to show her she could trust me.

Apparently, I haven't done enough.

"Jace," Winston calls from the door.

"Yeah," I respond without looking up.

"Hate to tell you this right now, but I need your help with an order," he says regretfully.

I nod my head and look up at him. "Not a problem, Winston. That's what I'm here for."

Placing my hand on his shoulder, I follow him inside, knowing that I can't do shit right now, but take care of the diner.

I just hope it's not too late by the time I get to her... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

373K 11.9K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
574 42 24
I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as he stared across the table at me. I could seriously drown in his eyes. He was intoxicatingly attractive and he...
401 108 28
"If I risk it all, could you break my fall? How do I live? How do I breathe? When your not here i'm sufficated. I wanna feel love, run through my blo...
216K 15.8K 60
I didn't ask to be born into this world, none of us did but we make the best of it. I'm a twenty-five year old single man. Why you may ask? Because I...