My Charlotte Hates Me

By Asianpowerpuff

Charlotte is a Viscount's daughter who is in love with someone engaged. Her love will never come to fruition... More

Chapter 1: World's First Love
Chapter 2: Self Interest
Chapter 3: First Friend
Chapter 4: Wounded Villainess
Chapter 5: Death Is Only Right
Chapter 6: Endless Suffering
Chapter 7: The Fanatic
Chapter 8: Mundane
Chapter 9: Half Empty
Chapter 10: Nudge
Chapter 11: Sacrifice
Chapter 12: My Fault
Chapter 13: High-Handed
Chapter 14: Ruined Plans
Chapter 15: Molding
Chapter 16: Let's Burn Together
Chapter 17: Happily Ever After
Chapter 18: Another Mishap
Chapter 19: Broken Ties
Chapter 20: Someday
Chapter 21: That Day Never Came
Chapter 22: Meant to Be
Chapter 23: The Observer
Chapter 24: Unreliable Friend
Chapter 25: Unreasonable Challenge
Chapter 26: Winner Woes
Chapter 27: Rightful Place
Chapter 28: How Do You Date?
Chapter 29: Resilient People
Chapter 30: Once Again
Chapter 31: Lawful Evil
Chapter 32: Raising a Son
Chapter 33: Timeless
Chapter 34: Ladies and Tea
Chapter 35: Night Sky
Chapter 36: Strange Relationship
Chapter 37: Pretend
Chapter 38: Family
Chapter 39: Welcoming Naska
Chapter 40: Seething Hatred
Chapter 41: Paradox
Chapter 42: Beside Me
Chapter 43: Tragedy as Always
Chapter 44: I Wanted to Die
Chapter 45: Failures
Chapter 46: Causes of My Actions
Chapter 47: First Step
Chapter 48: Anomaly
Chapter 49: A Kind Woman's Sham
Chapter 50: The Coward's Way
Chapter 51: Study Group
Chapter 52: Enough
Chapter 53: Small Disturbances
Chapter 54: Consensus
Chapter 55: Rising Anger
Chapter 56: Useless Effort
Chapter 57: My Ideals
Chapter 58: Making Plans
Chapter 59: Summer Vacation
Chapter 60: Replacement
Chapter 61: First Fight
Chapter 62: In the Moment
Chapter 63: Uncover
Chapter 64: Vacation Plans
Chapter 65: Transitioning
Chapter 66: Whimsical
Chapter 67: Demerits
Chapter 69: After Everything
Chapter 70: Moving On
Chapter 71: Good People
Chapter 72: Crazed Banquet
Chapter 73: Revelations
Chapter 74: Too Much to Do
Chapter 75: Wicked Things
Chapter 76: Hatred
Chapter 77: The Ones Allowed Happiness
Chapter 78: Spiral of Hell
Chapter 79: All Things I Love
Chapter 80: Origins
Chapter 81: Resurrection
Chapter 82: Give Up Everything
Chapter 83: Life Choices
Chapter 84: More Lies
Chapter 85: Daughter
Chapter 86: Never Forgive
Chapter 87: Indestructible Family
Chapter 88: Discord
Chapter 89: Trust
Chapter 90: Leisure
Chapter 91: Surprise
Chapter 92: Burning Desire
Chapter 93: My Strange Date
Chapter 94: Unease
Chapter 95: Chameleon
Chapter 96: Pry
Chapter 97: Awake
Chapter 98: Collateral
Chapter 99: Threat
Chapter 100: Your Son
Chapter 101: Painful Confessions
Chapter 102: Charade
Chapter 103: Love Without Pain
Chapter 104: Any Other Day
Chapter 105: My Place
Chapter 106: Trifecta
Chapter 107: I Hate You
Chapter 108: Blood Ties (Eli)
Chapter 109: Life Without You (Eli)

Chapter 68: Love That Is Too Much

93 10 0
By Asianpowerpuff

I went back to Nariel feeling giddy.

"Did something good happen while you were back, Char?" Arielle asked.

"Not yet. I hope to hear good news soon enough," I answered with a smile.

"Welcome back, Charlotte," Alina said. "You are just in time for our museum tour training day."

"Museum training?" I said in a confused tone.

"A few times a year, we are asked by the museum to hold a few tours from different schools and explain the short history of some of the displays. Since you two are new, this will just be an experience to take in the beauty of various treasures. In other words, it will be a training day for your Seniors and a field trip for you two," Alina explained.

"When was the last time we had a field trip, Arielle?" I asked.

"...Since we were children," Arielle answered.

Alina, Maura and our other Seniors began showing different schools around different displays, while Arielle and I went back to our sightseeing days.

"I cannot believe that we skipped out on touring the museums when we first came here," I said.

"I was more into touring the more popular tourist sights as well," Arielle said.

"Is that not because you wanted to follow the pamphlet Garett gave you?" I asked.

Arielle quickly became flustered.

"Charlotte!"

"...Did things get better between you two after you asked Garett to spoil you?" I asked teasingly.

"...No, n-nothing of the sort happened," Arielle stuttered. She soon pulled me along by my sleeve to another display case. "Look, Char! It is a pretty crown with pink jewels."

I was aware of that Arielle gave Garett similar looks of passion when no one else was noticing. Maybe it was unknown to her, but I knew well enough as her friend...Arielle most likely likes Garett as well.

"Are you two interested in looking at the Tiara of Princess Ariel?" Johor one of our Seniors from the Exurbia Library asked.

He was a close friend of Garett and not much of ours, but I could tell that he was also one of the many admirers of Arielle as well.

"It is such a lovely tiara," Arielle said.

"It was singlehandedly handcrafted by the famous Jeweler Florek..."

The sound of his voice drifted away when I decided to continue looking at the other displays. One of the displays had the same dark shadow I had seen around Kaya Ouchi's locket before.

I do not understand why I am seeing such things...Maybe my eyes are ill?

"Has something caught your eye?" Arielle asked as she came up beside me.

"...Something like that," I said.

"It is pretty, isn't it?" Arielle asked with a sweet smile.

"Pretty?"

I could not make out its shape from the dark shadows surrounding it.

"I think it is," I replied.

"Charlotte, can it be that you cannot see it?" Arielle asked. "That cannot be...right?"

I flinched slightly at Arielle's question.

At times like these, I fear that Arielle knows what goes on in my mind. That was a different kind of horror in itself.

"Are you two interested in that display? Oh! It looks like someone left the keys in. If you two want, you can both get a closer look at it if I open this case," Johor said as he tried to open the case.

"...Stop...stop it," I said quietly.

"Charlotte?"

"That will be enough," Alina said as she quickly closed the display case and took the key from Johor. "I will return the key to the Museum Director the next time I see him."

"It should be fine to see it up close once in awhile, right?" Johor asked.

"Why on earth do you want to see a cursed object up close?" Alina asked.

"Cursed objects exist? Is it really cursed?" Arielle asked.

"According to legend, this was once a cursed object that was given to Princess Ariel by a wicked witch," Alina explained.

"Why is it on display here?" Arielle asked.

Cursed objects must have some historical value to end up here in a museum to be admired by the public.

"Do not worry too much, you three. Even if it was a supposedly a cursed object, it was meant for Princess Ariel," Alina explained.

"Why was there a cursed object meant for the Princess?" I asked.

"In the stories, Princess Ariel supposedly came from an underwater kingdom where their bodies were half man and half fish for legs. After saving Prince Eric from drowning after his shipwreck, she fell in love with the Prince and the surface world and went to a witch to ask for legs. However, the witch gave the Princess a condition for her legs. The Princess had to give up her beautiful singing voice and find true love, lest she turns into sea foam and return to the sea for eternity. In the end, she was able to find true love and avoid a tragic fate. This item is what brought the two together. Hence, that is why it is on display here," Alina explained.

"...That is a beautiful story," Arielle said with a forced smile on her face.

Arielle must feel awkward hearing a romantic tale between two people with similar names to herself and her ex-fiancé...

"Then again, it is just a tale. The perfect romance does not exist," I said.

"...Senior Alina, can cursed objects change a person's behavior?" Arielle suddenly asked.

Why...

"If they can give a person born without legs the ability to walk on land, I can only imagine that there are curses that can influence a person's actions. Except, this is only a story. It is possible that there is no such thing as magic or curses," Alina answered.

"...There is still a possibility that they are real," Arielle said.

Why is she asking about curses?

"Maura may know more about them than me, but it is never a good thing to look too deep into it...Take it as advice from someone who has been down that road...Please excuse me. I need to return this key," Alina said as she shifted her gaze and twirled the key over her fingers.

When I looked at Arielle, she had a distressed expression on her face.

Has she not gotten over him already?

Those people made you suffer. They deserve everything that is coming towards them...

Even though I had those feelings deep inside my heart. I could not bring myself to say them out loud to Arielle's face. I decided to keep my thoughts buried instead.

For whatever reason, Arielle went to Maura and asked for resources on information about curses. For whatever reason, she believed that her once loving ex-fiancé was now under the influence of some wretched curse. Even though it was strange for that girl to be able to steal Arielle's fiancé under her nose, I will never be able to forgive those people...even if it was under the influence of a curse.

Surely, if Arielle knew that the Prince was under a curse, would she want to save him too?

I fell in love with Arielle's kindness, but sometimes it is just too much...She cannot even bring herself to love herself nearly half as much care she gives to others.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494K 27.9K 59
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...
36.7K 707 31
Rejection. Everyone knows what it's like to be rejected. Pain. Everyone knows pain, in any form or any way, however it may come. Love. A tough subjec...
3.6K 125 14
Orealia is young daughter of the Duke of Redcliff. She is a child who has it all, yet when things don't go her way she ruins everything. A villainess...
230K 6.8K 57
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...