This Time Honestly ( Kunimi X...

By KAYNUKY22

Y/N and Kunimi are super close. Besides their friendship, the two are actually having a certain feeling for e... More

Ch.1 Regrets
Ch.2 Chances
Ch.4 The Day
Ch.5 As Long As I'm Alive(Final Chapter)
Ch.6 EPILOGUE
Fan Art Kunimi

Ch.3 Fear

1.2K 72 70
By KAYNUKY22

■3rd Person POV■

 Y/N and Kunimi have been together for three weeks. During all these times, Kunimi senses that Y/N is always clinging to him. Not that he dislikes it, he loves it, but it's just, Y/N looks like she was afraid of something, especially whenever they're walking on the road and about to cross the road. Y/N always makes sure that Kunimi is alright as if she's afraid that something will happen to him.

Kunimi is sitting with Kindaichi at the gym bleachers right now, the two just finished their final exam and decided to stop by at the gym. Kunimi told Kindaichi about how Y/N treated him.

Kindaichi: well, doesn't it mean that she just loves you that much? ugh, I'm annoyed when talking about romance and stuff...

Kunimi: I believe in her feelings... it's just... I'm sure her feelings have nothing to do with how she acts like that... it's like... fear...

Kindaichi watches as Kunimi stares at the empty court, and then he too averts his gaze to the court. It's rare for Kunimi to talk this much, meaning he's actually concerned.

Kindaichi: ask her about it then...

Kunimi sigh and think about it again and decided to ask her about it later. 

Y/N just finish attending the farewell party her juniors from the literature club held for her and her friends. She then immediately heads to the gym, because she knows Kunimi will wait in there along with Kindaichi. She peeks inside and sees Kunimi and Kindaichi sitting on the bleachers, the two wave their hand at her.

The three friends walk together until Kindaichi has to partway, leaving Kunimi and Y/N. On one of the roads, there's a car heading in their opposite direction at a slow pace. Suddenly Kunimi was being pulled by Y/N to walk further to the sideline, while Y/N was making sure that they're far from the car. This was finally making Kunimi frustrated as it was weird for a girl to be walking on that side.

Kunimi: Y/N...

Y/N: yes?

Kunimi looks at Y/N's innocent sweet face, he could never get angry or be pissed by her, but he really needs to ask her about it.

Kunimi: I'm stopping by your place...

Y/N: okay! I'll make dinner for us...

The two continue their walk home.

■Kunimi's POV■

We just arrived at her house, Y/N lives alone because her dad works in Tokyo. Her mother died when she was five. We head to her room and she places her bag on her desk. She opens her dresser and pulls out a pair of clothes, I left some of my clothes here too because I tend to sleep over even before we became a thing. 

Y/N: Akira, you can go change here, I'll go to the bathroom and make dinner...

Before she left the room, I catch her arm making her look back at me.

Y/N: Akira? 

Kunimi: tell me... what has been bothering you?

I could feel that she stiffens under my touch. Y/N averts her gaze somewhere else, and she looks hella troubled.

Y/N: I uh... nothing's wrong... it's uh... are you uncomfortable with me always staying around you?

Kunimi: it's not that... It's just, it feels like you feared something... you can tell me...

Y/N looks down at her feet and avoids my eyes at all cost.

Y/N: nothing... Akira, you shouldn't be worried... uh I'm going to change now and prepare dinner, Akira too hurries up and change...

with that, she left the room leaving me alone in here.

Akira: how am I supposed to not worried when you look like you're troubled like that...

I change my clothes and sit on her bed, just then a book fell down. Y/N likes to write, I sometimes read her writing and she always shows me her writings too. I open the books, think that this book is one of her storybooks, but it's not.

I can't lose you again Akira

I was surprised by what I've just read. This isn't a storybook, it's a diary, her diary. And most of the things she wrote in here are me. 

I read every single page, trying to comprehend it. From what I read, it seems that Y/N dreamed of me died in a car accident. Then I remember the day she confessed her feelings to me. She said she has a nightmare about me leaving her behind. Does that dream about me being dead in an accident?

Kunimi: how real is that dream for her to be all cautious like this?

■Y/N's POV■

I'm currently cutting some vegetables, I'm making dinner for Akira and myself. I can't concentrate because I keep on remembering how Akira asked me about what bothering me earlier, and, I couldn't answer him. Am I, being too much? did Akira annoy by it? I, just don't want to lose him again.

Just then, a hand holds my right hand, preventing me from cutting. I look back to see Akira's stern face.

Kunimi: watch where you cutting...

I look back down, the tip of the knife was pointed at my finger, I almost cut or at least graze my own fingers.

Y/N: uh... I'm sorry Akira, I uh-

Akira takes the knife off of my hand and put it on the counter, and he spun me around so now I'm facing him. I was trapped between the counter and Akira's tall figure.

Y/N: A...kira?

Kunimi: tell me what has been bothering you? what's on your mind?

Y/N: I... it's no-

Kunimi: don't tell me it's nothing when you act as if I'm going to die anytime soon...

I was shocked when he said that. I don't want him to be worried, but what should I do? just then, Akira tilts my face up and crashes his lips to mine. I was surprised, I shut my eyes and clutches the front of his T-shirt. He then pulls back and stares at me gently.

Kunimi: I'm not going anywhere... please share your fear with me...

After hearing him said that, I feel weak all of a sudden. Tears falling out of my eyes and I could feel that I'm cracking up. I'm so scared that it'll happen again, that I act like that and making Akira worried.

Y/N: I'm sorry Akira... I (sobs) just don't want to lose you.... (sobs) 

Akira hugs me and strokes my hair gently, trying to calm me down. He took me to the living room as the two of us sit on the sofa. I finally told him about what has been bothering me. But I said that was all a dream, but the dream that felt so real. 

Kunimi: so, in that dream, tomorrow after graduation you'll go to Tokyo, and a week after I'll be dead in an accident while walking with Kindaichi? and then in that dream you woke up back to the day when you confessed to me?

I nod at him, I'm waiting for him to laugh or scold me for being worried about such a thing, but instead of that, he rubs my back and leans his chin on my head.

Kunimi: sorry you have to dream that kind of thing and being worried all the time... I'll be careful...

Y/N: you... aren't mad?

Akira looks at me, brows frowning.

Kunimi: why would I be mad at you? Just, don't keep everything to yourself... especially about me...

I look up at him, Akira isn't expressionless. He made many kinds of faces too, just like now, he looks so gentle.

The sight of him could make me cry any minute. But I have to stop being paranoid, maybe it's was really all only a dream. Maybe if we're careful we could avoid such thing from happening.

I bury my face on his chest, hugging him as tight as I could. Akira hugs me back, rubbing my back and trying to make me calm.

I just want to be happy with him

I just want us to be together

God, please

Don't take him away from me

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 9.8K 105
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
17K 554 26
*This story is based on the Tenjiku Arc ! If you didn't read this Arc I recommend you not to read this story !* "Hi ! I'm (Y/N), The Queen of Tenjiku...
64.7K 2.2K 25
After a horrible incident, nearly one year ago, that took the life of his best friend, Chifuyu Matsuno was never the same. His friendly, outgoing per...
39.4K 1.2K 19
[𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐢 𝐇𝐚𝐣𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫] 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙡𝙖𝙬 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙙𝙖𝙣𝙜...