Ch.4 The Day

■3rd Person POV■

Today, Y/N is pretty uneasy. It was all because the day Kunimi caught in the accident was on this exact date. After graduation, Y/N didn't go to Tokyo as she did in the past.

Y/N stays, as she wants to spend her time with Kunimi. Kunimi told her to go but she refuses, so he let her do what she wants. The two have been staying in Y/N's house after Y/N told Kunimi what has been bothering her.

They are planning to live together because they'll be studying at the same University.

Y/N and Kunimi are staying at home because Y/N insists that Kunimi should not leave the house. Kunimi doesn't want Y/N to be worried and sad, so he stays at home just like she told him to. It's not like he's complaining, he's happy to be with her.

It was 5 in the afternoon, Y/N is carrying a tray with glasses when she trips. When she's about to get up, her hand was grazing a broken glass.

Y/N: ouch!

Kunimi runs into the kitchen at the sound of something crashing and Y/N's yelping. His eyes widened at the sight of his woman, sitting down, blood is gushing from the palm of her hand.

■Kunimi's POV■

I crouch down and lift Y/N's hand gently, inspecting it. The cut is pretty deep, we have to see a doctor.

Kunimi: we need to see a doctor

Y/N: N-no... I... don't want us to go... I don't want Akira to go out today...

Now I'm pretty pissed, she's wounded and she still wants us to stay. She's not a stubborn girl, but why is she becoming one lately.

Kunimi: we will be alright, I'll be careful

Y/N: No... I'll go alone, Akira you could sta-

Kunimi: how did you expect me to sit at home while you're injured like this? I'll go, come one stop being stubborn

Y/N is crying by now, I hate to see her cry like this.

Y/N: Akira...

Kunimi: I'm gonna be just fine, okay?... I'll be careful, we're together... and we could ask my sister to drive us there.

I try to convince her, and she finally nods. I called my sister and she drives us to the hospital. The doctor treats her wound and during the treatment, she's holding onto my hand.

Kunimi's sister: how sweet you two are holding each other's hands like this... didn't think you'd be the caring type Akira, hihihi...

Kunimi: be quiet... 

We walk out of the hospital and I help Y/N to get in the car and put on her seatbelts. Just when I'm about to get into the car, something caught my eyes.

A little boy was about to cross the street, and there's a car moving at a fast pace from the bend, the driver wouldn't see a kid this small and the light won't turn red any minutes.

Kunimi: shit...

Y/N looks up at me, and I turn on my heel and run to the boy.

Y/N: Akiraa!

I run as fast as I could, the car is getting closer. Damn! The moment I pick up the kid, the car was already so close.

Y/N: Akiraaa... No!

Kunimi: Y/N... sorry

■Y/N's POV■

The sound of the car brake was really loud, and I can also hear a loud thud. The moment I saw the car stopped and no sight of Akira, my knees got weak and I fell to the ground.