Bad Girl On The Block

By shr_24

Mason Adler is a rich boy, too well developed for his own good. His parents being the well settled, striking... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Thank You!

Chapter Nineteen

94 5 2
By shr_24

His heart pounded against his chest as he entered the white curved ceiling, white walled, rectangular hall. There were golden creme curtains running the length of the walls on each side and the ceiling had two large chandeliers, running in a row. It wasn't a very big hall since the party was small as well. He walked her along with him across the wooden floor, around the tables and the small dance floor in the middle. He wanted to make her meet his mother and probably hers too so they would know she came. To his luck, he found both his parents, standing together with who seemed to be the Darlings Seniors.

He didn't have to say anything to have his presense known, since his parents noticed him beside the Darlings.

"Raina, I'm so glad you could make it." His father took and shook her hand.

"This is a lovely party." She complimented. He could see a fading smile on his mother's face as she analyzed Raina and suddenly, he wanted to drag her away from them. He loved his parents but his mother was judging Raina before even getting to know her.

"Mum, I'd like you to meet Raina." He introduced, "My date for the evening."

"Its nice to meet you, Mrs. Adler." She grinned. His mother only gave a curt nod.

"Oh, Mason, honey, Sapphire's been looking everywhere for you." Mrs. Darling spoke to him. He blinked and looked back at Raina, was fidgeting with the side of her dress. He elongated his hooked arm behind her back and held her waist. Her eyes widened when he plastered her against his hip.

"Mr. And Mrs. Darling, I want you to meet Raina. My date."

Raina greeted but they didn't. Raina was actually being nice to people and they weren't returning the favor. For once, he was starting to understand her resorting to violence.

"Excuse me, I think we need a drink." He nodded and took Raina away. He was so hurt by his mother's reaction. His father had given the humble reaction he'd expected but his mother hadn't even tried to be kind to her.

"Are you okay?" He asked as they walked.

"I told you Mason." She sighed and paused. He turned to face her, "I don't fit the crowd." She blinked and came closer, "Mason, I'm not ashamed of who I am but there are certain places where my presense is frowned upon. Like a church... or here." She looked around.

"You're gonna leave me here alone then?" He asked, with furrowed brows.

"If I wanted to do that, I would've let you rot in the lounge." She smiled lightly, just... go meddle. I'll go find my mum and the rest." She fixed his collar, "You look good today, smartass."

"Listen to me, I'm not leaving your side. I came here with you and I expect to spend my evening with you, so quit it." He scolded and her brows rose in surprise.

"If I get a talk from your mum, I'm outta here then." She grinned and he chuckled, "I better not be getting one of those, my son is too good for you. Imma tell her how good her son really is."

"Oh, yeah? How good do you think he is?" He pulled her in, holding her waist. Her palms were already flat on his chest.

"He is a monster." She whispered.

"I heard handsome though."

"Pfft. Eyes of a toad, face of a... well, a monkey." She shrugged. He tightened his arm around her waist and the other hand, resting on her shoulder, caressing her jaw with a thumb and forefinger. She didn't seem to noticing the gesture and enjoying it somehow as well.

"I heard he's a handsome Smartass."

"Oh, he is a smartass alright. Handsome... eh, I'll scale it three of ten?" She pouted and his frown happened.

"Hey." He whined, "I happen to be a ten."

"Where'd you take the quiz?" She grinned.

"Shut up." He murmured, "I'd rate you...."

She waited with raised brows, chewing the inside of her cheek.

"Ten." He grinned, "A ten on ten tonight. Otherwise you hit the boys charmer scale." She pushed at his chest and he turned on his feet, with her practically twirling around against his body as if plastered to it.

"I'd still be a handsomer boy than you." She pointed out.

He smirked and then their spell was interrupted. It frustrated him but he turned to Sapphie who was in a body hugging black grown, strapless that perfectly sculpted around her breasts and her body as well.

"Can we dance now?" She asked and they looked around, realizing that they'd been dancing together. Other couples were already moving about and Mason looked at Raina. She removed her hands and nodded. With a heavy chest, he took Sapphire in his arms but not before watching his brother reach her and raise a hand. She seemed reluctant but she took his hand and he twirled her around into his arms.

"Mason, honestly, what are you doing?" His head snapped down to Sapphire.

"Sorry, did I step on your toes?"

"No, more like she did." She grumbled.

"What do you mean?" She had his attention now.

"Come on, you haven't been returning my calls, and then I find you... with her. Mason, this isn't a joke, you can't just see a challenge and think you need to bed her."

"Woah." He pleaded her to stop, "I care for Raina and I have no such intention of that nature upon bringing her here today."

"Thats what you said when we went to Felix's parties." She rolled her eyes.

"I care for her Sapphire and if everyone fails to see it, I can fail to care about them as well. Raina is important to me, so you better hold your tongue about her now." He scolded, unable to bite back his anger at everyone for staring t her like she was a lady with a gun. He looked back at her and she just looked more stunning everytime he saw her. It was as if he just couldn't collect all that wonderful sight of her in one sight. Alex leaned in and whispered something that made her head turn and find his eyes. She gave him a pursed nod and he gulped, wanting to hold and dance with her again. She was so comfortable with him. He could tell by the sudden change in her person.

Alex leaned just a little in and muttered something. She gave him a pursed look and then spoke something that made it easy to read her lips.

Thank you

Well, atleast someone's being nice to her.

He sighed, looking back at Sapphire. Her cheeks red and face dropped, seeming like she was on the verge of tear.

"Sorry, Sapphire. I didn't mean to snap at you like that."

"No, Mason. That was rude. I get that we're not together but it doesn't make me happy exactly that you chose to bring her as your date. Every year, we come here together. For the past four years, it's been you and I. A team and now suddenly, you replaced me with a girl you've known months."

"Sapphire. Once you get to know her, you really understand how perfect she is."

"Perfect?" She scoffed, "Shes the only girl in this room who probably didn't even need a dress to cover herself up. All those tattoos." She shook her head, "I'm sure she's a good friend to you but be honest, Mason. You and her, you aren't compatible. You're a good boy. She seems like a bad girl is all."

"Shes badass."

"Clearly. She's trying to show that off pretty well." She shook her head. Mason rolled his eyes, releasing an exasperated breath.

"Why are you being like this Sapphire?" He groaned.

"I just don't like sharing you." She wrapped arms around his waist, and laid her head on his chest, "It just brings an ugly color out of me."

He looked back, as he placed his arms around her shoulders and Alex was walking off of the dance floor alone. He couldn't find her anymore. Oh, he promised to stick by her. For the first time, Raina was nervous about being somewhere and seeing the reactions everywhere, he could tell it was for good measure.

He was just growing uncomfortable when she pulled the ultimatum that she did every year. A waiter came to them with a little string of mistletoe wrapped with a red ribbon like a scroll. It was cute the first couple years but for some reason, he didn't want it right now. She took it and looked up at him, giving it to him.

"Probably not this time, Sapphire." Her smile faded, "But thank you." He showed it to her, "Excuse me." He released himself, took her hand and walked her off the stage, so as to not leave her embarrassed and alone on the floor. Thanking her again, he left her be and searched searched crowd. He didn't know where to look at first but then a thought occurred to him.

Her family.

He walked through and found them sitting around a table. Mrs. Monroe was talking to a lady in a red gown while she, herself was a dark pink one that was full sleeves with a round neck and tight around the torso. It was plain but she looked stunning. Chloe was beside her, wearing a red dress that was spaghetti sleeves and satin as well, while Gabriel was in a dark blue suit.

"Hey, guys." He came between the kids.

"Hi, Mason!" Chloe beamed.

"Mason!" Gabriel called and he raised a fist for him to bump.

"You're looking so handsome, buddy." He grinned.

"Thats what Rainee said too." He giggled.

"Well, she's not wrong." He turned red.

"Chloe, you look beautiful, kiddo."

"Thank you." She mumbled, shyly, "You're looking great, Mason. This is such a big party. I wasn't expecting this." She giggled.

"Yeah, mum and dad tend to go overboard." He chuckled, "No date?"

"Andrew went to get us drinks."

"Andrew huh?" He cocked a brow, "So did you..."

"He did." Her cheeks tinted, "I just leaned in like you asked." She pursed her lips.

"Attagirl." He snickered.

"Mason, honey." Mrs. Monroe acknowledged his presense. He walked around the table and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"You look lovely, Mrs. Monroe. I'm so glad you made it." He grinned.

"Oh, of course. It was so kind of you to invite us."

He smirked.

"Are you ladies enjoying yourselves? Can I get you anything?"

"Oh, no." She chuckled, "Always the charmer, you are."

"Its a package. A curse, really." He shook his head and she squeezed his hand, "Erm, say have you seen Raina? I seem to be short of a date." He snickered.

"She went to the washroom." She answered.

"Thanks." He grinned and waved at the kids before leaving. He had to squeeze through the crowd but he was adamant on finding her. He wanted to make sure that she was okay. That nobody said anything awful to her or make her feel more uncomfortable than she already did.

Finally reaching the corridor in the back to the washrooms, he stared at the two doors, each side of the hall and waited outside the one with the girls icon on it. He was biting his lip hard, pacing the floor when the door opened and an unfamiliar girl walked out, leaving the corridor in a white dress.

Then the door opened again and her familiar figure and lush dress showed.

"Stormy!" He called and she turned around. Looking back, she walked to him. He watched how her hips swayed because of her heels and how toned arms moved beside her.

"Hey, you know this is the ladies room, right?" She pointed pointed the door with a pout.

"Where'd you go? I was looking for you."

"Er, the loo?" She pointed.

"Well, you could've told me. I've been running around, avoiding all the expected kisses." He shook his head, complaining.

"Oooh, I can't save you from Sapphire." She shook her head.

"I know. That's why I left her, looking for you."

"Oh, how kind. However can I repay you for the gesture?" She chuckled. His heart pounded and though his arms felt heavy, he reached in his pocket and pulled out the mistletoe. She looked at it and her smile faded.

"You can kiss me tonight." He asked. She stared at it and her lips parted. Her chest heaved and he waited. He wasn't going to make the first move and he wanted her to do so. He wanted her acceptance. She gulped and came closer. Her face inched closer every second, until her kiss landed on the corner of his lips. She moved back with a worry in her eyes and he knew she was reluctant.

"Thats not how Mistletoe works." He murmured. She blinked, "This is how you do it." He leaned in and captured her lips, gently and tenderly, waiting for her to respond. Her lips were stiff for a second until they eased around his and then her hands came to his shoulders, as he wrapped his arms around her waist, moving along her lips so they kissed every inch of hers. She kissed back with the same intensity and then she allowed him entrance. He inhaled her in and then with a moan all together, they parted and their foreheads pressed together to remain steady.

"Merry Christmas, Stormy."

"Merry Christmas, Smartass." She grinned and he pressed her against the wall, kissing her again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 98 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...
220K 7.8K 64
"You expect me to forget everything?" His voice comes out as a whisper. "To act like it doesn't hurt me to see you with him or that I'm still not cra...
3.1M 123K 77
{Free story 1 paid bonus chapter} Virginia hates her school's basketball superstar, but Eli Shepherd is hoping to change that, one basket at a time...
2.4M 95.9K 51
If there's one thing that's certain in Noah Quinn's life, it's that he absolutely hates Jace Jackson. Like, all consuming, burning, passionate hatred...