Conquering Himself

By Alloydgators

This book is gonna be mainly about Kai and how he is trying to accept himself as part Ember. Be sure to read... More

Ancestor Poo
Help Me, Sensei
Bacon Stack
Knowing the Unknown
The Plan
You Need Help, Kai
An Impasta
Don't Like One, Don't Like Them All
Calm and Cool
Hoodie Girl
You Are Ruining Yourself
So Close But So Far
Everything is Under Control
Evil Never Sleeps
The Library
Mirroring Lives
Grumpy Tired
The Familiar Junkyard Smell
Ed's Horrible Day

The Noodlehouse

84 7 0
By Alloydgators

Kais POV

Keeping up with Jays end of the bargain was tested right away. That night, the crew decided we were going to go to the Noodlehouse. Nya gently knocked on my door to let me know that they were planning to leave in ten minutes and if I wanted to go I better get my butt in gear.

I, of course, had to tell her that I was planning to come. Thanks, Jay. 

However, Nya seemed really excited and said she would let everyone know. I grabbed a nice pair of pants and shirt and quickly changed, jamming my feet into some high tops before exiting the room. I met Jay in the hallway. He also had nice jeans on, and a blue hoodie.

He nodded. "Nice of you to join." 

I gave him a huff and rolled my eyes. He knew I had no choice. If I didn't go, he would tell Nya, and that was not happening. Not until I fixed everything.

How? Ya, I didn't know how yet, but something had to be done. 

Sensei didn't come as he was busy with something at the museum. Those guys called for his help a lot sense he was old and what not. 

I pulled my hoodie over my head as me and Jay made our way to the rest of the group. It was decided we were going to walk. Cole moaned. "Walk? I am starving!"

"Well then maybe you will work off some of that extra fat," Lloyd teased, poking Cole in the side. The earth ninja threw a punch at Lloyds head, which of course just ended up going through him. They pushed and shoved each other a little more. 

Zane acknowledged me. "Hello Kai. I knew you wouldn't be able to refuse the thought of some good fast food noodles."

I shrugged. "Ya. It sounded alright."

We all started walking, Nya and Dom in the front, chatting away about celebrities, movies, flowers, etc. Pretty much everything under the sun. It sounded extremely boring, however Lloyd seemed to trail behind them, trying to overhear different parts of it. Zane and Cole were walking next, Zane explaining how Cole could possibly created different gems from different rocks if he focused hard enough. Hypothetically, of course.

Jay walked with me.

"It has been a while since we've been in the city," Jay commented, pointing to the Post Office that had recently gotten a fresh coat of paint. "I haven't seen this restaurant here before either!" The sign had chicken strips on it and it was called 'Bawcks'. My guess is they were trying to make a chicken sound but at the same time tell people that they wanted their money.

"Mhmm."

Between Jay's comments and rambling, a few looks from random New Ninjago citizens were thrown my way. One mom turned her daughter, sheltering her from me. My guess, the face. I guess it could also be I was in front of the world a few months before, on the bad guys side. Who knows.

 I pulled my hood up tighter.

We all turned a corner and Dom tripped on the curb and went sprawling. Before anyone could blink, Lloyd had caught her by her elbow. "So, since it is okay that I sit in orange juice, you decide that you can spread yourself out on the sidewalk?"

Dom rolled her eyes, blushing at the clumsy mistake. "No. Thanks for catching me." She laughed, her hair rolling from the front as she pushed it behind her, falling almost to the bottom of her back. She did have long hair. 

I took a breath. 

"I got gum stuck in my hair!" Huge eyes looked up at me, Dom trying to pull a piece of gooey pink out of her long hair. "I can't get it out." Tears began to fall.

I laughed, holding the strand away from the rest of her hair. "It isn't that bad."

"Will I have to cut it?" Dom watched as I began moving the gum, pulling it slightly. I went to get some peanut butter and a comb, first making sure she was holding it securely. 

"No. This should only take a little while."

"You are the best, Ember." 

I gave her a hug from behind. "You make me the best, little sister."

"ai? Kai? Hello Kai?" I blinked out of this thought, a hand waving in my face. Sound seemed to fly back toward me. Everyone was waiting for a red light, watching me out of the corner of their eyes. The Noodlehouse was right on the other side of the road. "You good?" I turned my head to look at Jay. 

"Peachy," I hissed. I whirled around and stomped the other way. I wasn't going to go to a stupid dinner.

I heard footsteps running after me. "You guys go on ahead! Save us a seat!" Jay called back to the rest of the group. I turned a bit and saw that the light had turned to a walk symbol and they began walking again toward the Noodlehouse, Nya waving towards Jay.

I kept my stride. Jay matched it, keeping up surprisingly well. We walked in silence, completely the wrong direction. I was just waiting for Jay to open his mouth and start ranting, or maybe talking about random stuff, or even yelling that we are heading the wrong direction and that I promised him I would go to dinner with the gang.

But instead, he silently pressed on, walking wherever I chose to go. Finally I couldn't take it. "Jay! Just go! You wanted to go out to eat. Leave me alone." I stomped along.

"Ya, I don't think so," the lightning ninja was quick to reply. "It just doesn't seem safe for you to be walking around here at night."

"Because of my looks?" I hissed back.

He gave me a pointed look. "No. Because it is dark."

I glared at him, clamping down my teeth. "I am a ninja."

"That you are," Jay agreed. "But at the same time you are human. And humans like company whether or not they think they do." The city lights seemed bright and cheery as we walked, pinks and purples flashing around. Weirdly enough, it was calming. I sighed and took another turn, this time heading in the general direction of the Noodlehouse. I knew Jay was right.

And yes, that is hard to admit. Jay wasn't even speaking. He was almost just letting me simmer in my unhappy vibes. There was a few things I had to debate, and quick. Jay was with me, but following my lead, so technically I could just go back to the Bounty and hide out in my room until early hours of the morning. But, if I did that, Jay would tell Nya everything that was going on.

And I couldn't have that.

It was agonizing in a way, having Jay trot next to me like this and not talking. He was waiting for me to make the first move, whatever move I thought I should take.

However, Nya could not find out.

I took a breath. "I had another flashback." 

Jay hummed, telling me he was listening, but not actually speaking. We walked for another minute before I spoke again. "It was this weird moment where we were in a kitchen and I was helping pull gum out of Domonique's hair. At least, it felt like me. But I know it was Ember."

"So technically another part of you," Jay added in. 

I just growled. We rounded the corner for the Noodlehouse and I could see everyone inside, laughing as Lloyd was explaining some elaborate story. His hands were flying and Nya's head was back, laughing so hard she had tears coming out. Zane slapped the table. A little smile came to my face and I looked at Jay, who didn't even notice. 

He was fascinated on one sight. Nya. Normally I would punch the living daylights out of him but this time I just watched. He smiled when she did and she seemed to be the only thing in his world. I glanced back at the table.

Lloyd had thrown his arm around Domonique while Cole had taken over describing some sort of adventure. I watched as Dom had slapped Lloyd lightly and turned to Nya, saying something. 

Everyone just felt at home. 

"Shall we go in?" Jay questioned as Zane spotted us. Cole pressed his face on the window and tried to stick his tongue out at us which made the girls absolutely fall over in laughter. "That is, if you are ready."

I debated going for another walk, letting off a bit more steam, but I saw Skylar walk over to the group. "I think I am ready to go inside."

Jay held open the door. "After you."

FIRE NINJA OUT

theres another chapter guys! :) Remember to comment on parts you like!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 417 14
{COMPLETE BOOK} Kai really want to see Skylor again and decided to come over to her Noodle shop , but when a argue arrises , kai did something which...
9.7K 267 9
This is book 2. *REWRITE IN PROGRESS* (Y/n) is on the road of redemption! She tries her best to get rid of her bad habits and is finding it more diff...
7.6K 184 11
Jay has always felt like the odd man out. It seems like he is always the last choice. But after a fight with the other ninja, it's the last straw for...
562 42 11
This is a LloydxGN!Reader story Why am I writing this?: B/c I've been reading way to many LloydxReader or NinjagoxReader and I realized there isn't e...