Dark Side (A Klaine Fanfictio...

By bobjoebobjoebob

"Everybody's got a dark side..." Kurt Hummel has just transferred to Dalton Academy to get away from the bull... More

Quick Disclaimer
Switching Schools
Warblers Audition
Realities
The Lima Bean
Sectionals
An Unwanted Presence
Revenge
A Well Deserved Day Off
Party
The Fight and the Crash
The Hudson-Hummel Household
The Christmas Get-Together
Love, Love, Love
Regionals
The Trial
Stronger
Whispers and Changes
The Hallucination
Reunited
The Picnic
All of Me
The City that Never Sleeps
Subway Scandals and Broadway Bashes
Wicked
Nationals
Back Home
Gone Once Again
Kidnapped
Hospital
By His Bedside
The Truth
Epilogue

The Football Game

181 8 9
By bobjoebobjoebob

Kurt:

His dream had been terrifying, like the rest of them. It had been about Karofsky and Azimio being the jerks they are. But this time it was different. This time he felt more determined to beat his bullies. The bullies that made him transfer schools to be safe.

 Even though Kurt knew he should be expecting the dreams to come true, it was always a bit of a surprise when they showed up. He didn't even try to avoid them, it was just kind of a part of life to accept that they were always going to haunt him.

 As he pretended to sleep - which he had gotten pretty good at lately - he thought about his dreams and what they meant. Many questions swirled through his head. Why were they happening to him? How were they happening to him? What do they mean? Soon he fell back to sleep, the warmth of Blaine soothing him. 

_______________________________

When he woke up the next morning, Blaine was still beside him. He stretched out, accidently hitting Blaine. He shot straight up, a confused look on his face.

"Why did you wake me up?" He whined, lightly banging his head into Kurt's shoulder.

"Sorry," Kurt giggled. "It was an accident."

"Well, it's time to get ready for school anyway, so it was a happy accident." Blaine said, giving Kurt a loving smile. He rolled his eyes at the reference. Suddenly, Blaine crawled on top of him, pressing kisses on his pale face. "School can wait."

"But- we need to go, to class-" Kurt said in between kisses. Then, without warning, the alarm clock blared, making them both jump. The loud sound filled the room, until Kurt shut it off. 

"Fine," Blaine muttered, getting out of bed.

_______________________________

During his lunch break, Kurt sat with Blaine in the cafeteria. They were talking quietly, and then suddenly got interrupted by the buzzing of Kurt's phone. It was a text from Finn. 

"Hey Blaine, Finn just asked us if we wanted to watch his football game. Do you want to go, we don't have to if you don't want to." Kurt said, looking Blaine in the eyes. Kurt watched as he contemplated in his head.

"Yeah, sure. It will be nice to see him again." He answered, giving Kurt another one of those perfect smiles. 

He quickly texted Finn back, setting his phone down carefully after.

Kurt and Blaine enjoyed the rest of their lunch talking about the game.

_______________________________

After school the same day, Kurt went through his dresser, trying to find the perfect scarf to match his outfit. Just then, Blaine wrapped his arms around Kurt's waist, scaring him.

"Blaine, you're going to wrinkle my clothes!" He tried to sound mad, but he ended up snorting with laughter. Blaine chuckled, and pulled out the exact scarf Kurt was looking for. 

"How did you know which one I would pick?" He asked, turning around to face his boyfriend.

"I have a sixth sense, just like you." 

Kurt gave Blaine and weird look, and took the purple woolen scarf from his hands, establishing it on his neck fashionably.

Kurt knew he was acting strangely. He was even foreign to himself, which was odd, because he was usually pretty aware of his moods and actions. He guiltily walked into the bathroom, trying not to glare at Blaine's disappointed face. As he rearranged his hair for about the third time, Blaine called from the bedroom. 

"Kurt! It's time to go! We're going to be late!" He hurriedly finished his hair, spraying it with a tiny spritz of hairspray, and clumsily ran out the door with Blaine.

_______________________________

As they took their seats in the stands, Kurt remembered that his Dad would probably be there, he quickly scanned over all the seats for any glimpse of him, but was unsuccessful. After awhile the game started, and Kurt blanched when he saw Azimio and Karofsky playing with Finn. Why hadn't Finn told him that they were still on the team? Finn had said multiple times that they had changed, and weren't the same people they were, but he obviously never believed him. Kurt was a fool to come to the game. All the bullies were there, and it would be an easy opportunity for one of them to get him because of the large crowds. 

As the second quarter ended, Kurt all of sudden was really excited for the halftime show, he assumed that the New Direction's were doing it, because they had done the last one at Halloween, which was spectacular as always.

Soon, all the cheerleaders and the New Directions assembled on the field, and took their starting positions. 

You know the bed feels warmer

Sleeping here alone

You know I dream in color

And do the things I want

You think you got the best of me

Think you had the last laugh

Bet you think that everything good is gone

Think you left me broken down

Think that I'd come running back

Baby you don't know me, 'cause you're dead wrong

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

What doesn't kill you makes a fighter

Footsteps even lighter

Doesn't mean I'm over 'cause you're gone

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger

Just me, myself and I

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

Thanks to you I got a new thing started

Thanks to you I'm not the broken-hearted

Thanks to you I'm finally thinking 'bout me

You know in the end the day you left was just my beginning

In the end

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

What doesn't kill you makes a fighter

Footsteps even lighter

Doesn't mean I'm over 'cause you're gone

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger

Just me, myself and I

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

When I'm alone

Kurt was in tears by the end of it. During the song, he forgot about his dreams, forgot about his past, and just enjoyed himself until the end of it. He was so moved by the fact that the Cheerios and the New Directions could come together, and he was moved that that had been the song choice for the show. He looked over at Blaine, who was smiling at the girls down below. He definitely had something to do with this. He almost thought he saw Rachel wink at him from the field. 

The rest of the game finished, and Kurt glanced down at Karofsky and Azimio, who were talking quietly on the sidelines. He immediately felt a sick feeling in his stomach, like something was going to happen. Karofsky looked up at him from the field, giving him a morbid glare. Yep, something was definitely going to happen. But Kurt ignored it again. 

The words from the song filled his head again. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. He needed to fight back, not just let them get him. Kurt stood up, and walked out of the stands, Blaine's calls echoing behind him. His feet carried him down to the locker room, where he saw Karofsky and Azimio walking out. 

"Oh hey lady, trying to get into the boys locker room, because the girls one is down the hall." Karofsky said, making both of them laugh.

Kurt quickly made a decision in his head. He didn't want to out Karofsky, he would probably kill him. But he wanted to do some damage, so he decided to try something new.

"Actually, I was coming to see you! How have you been?" He said, smiling wide.

"Don't push me Hummel!" Azimio replied, grabbing his shoulders.

"Well, in that case, I guess I'll tell you how I've been. You know, I'm kind of tired of you guys bringing me down. Like, when I was at McKinley, you harassed me every day." Kurt directed the statement at Karofsky. "And even when I'm gone, even when I left to make you happy because I wasn't there, you still decide to bully me. What did I ever do to you?" Kurt pulled out of Azimio's grasp, and ran a couple steps away from him. "Or maybe you're just scared that everyone will know your secret. You're just a scared little boy, and that makes you just utterly, utterly intolerable. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that you make it your only goal to make my life a living hell." Kurt walked away, almost bumping into Blaine as he stormed in. He grabbed his hand and walked to Blaine's car.

"Kurt, that was awesome!" Blaine exclaimed giving him a high five. He grinned, and leaned on Kurt's shoulder. 

"The song kind of gave me some confidence." Kurt paused, and then continued when he remembered something. "Blaine, did you organize that, I swear I saw Rachel wink at you-"

"Yeah, I did. Finn told me about the game, and asked if there were any songs they could do for the show that would make you feel better." Blaine smiled, then panic flashed on his face. "I probably shouldn't have told you that." He muttered, and started to drive.

It took awhile for Blaine's words to sink in. Did he think something was wrong with him? Because there was, and Kurt wasn't hiding it enough. Even Finn suspected something, and they barely saw each other. And when Burt had talked to Blaine that one night, was that about him too? What did people see when they looked at him now? Did Blaine see him as a scared little boy, who's insecure about his past? That was Kurt's worst nightmare. Did his father see him as a coward of a son? Another one of his worst nightmares. That his father would be embarrassed to have a son like him.

Kurt began to hear whimpers, and he looked over at Blaine. Tears filled his eyes, and he looked like he was trying to hold them in. Blaine noticed his looks, and pulled into the Dalton parking lot. 

"Blaine-" Kurt started. He burst into tears, leaning his head desperately on his shoulder.

"Kurt, what's happening to you? I can't stand no knowing if you're okay; and I know you don't want to tell me, but I can help you. I won't be mad if you tell me. You know that." He sobbed into Kurt, wrapping his arms around him.

Kurt's insides froze, and he contemplated whether or not to tell the truth. He knew Blaine could help him, but he still felt like a wimp thinking about it. 

"I can't." He choked out, trying to stifle his own cries.

_______________________________

That night, Kurt and Blaine just sat in each others arms, quietly weeping, accepting the fact that neither of them were okay. Blaine never questioned him, just held him, silently telling him that everything was going to be fine. Even though it wasn't. Kurt reminded himself about that every day. 

Sometimes he wondered what it would be like to be free, like a bird. Free from his bullies, free from this homophobic world, free from the dreams that constantly follow him wherever he goes. But he would never be free. Maybe from the dreams, but never from the people. He knew that now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 5.6K 37
High school is a difficult period for most people, but for Kurt Hummel, it is a living hell. Being the only person out of the closet at his school ma...
69.5K 1.8K 28
Kurt Hummel is the most popular guy in school. He's the head of the Cheerios, is best friends with the 2 cutest girls in school and is respected by a...
29.2K 755 23
Kurt Hummel and Blaine Anderson were best friends, they were both so excited to go into high school together and make even more amazing memories. Fr...
368 50 13
Kurt and Blaine are best friends. They are preparing for a future after graduation together. They eventually reveal a bunch of things to eachother, a...