From The Window To The Wall

By Bobbiejelly

"Hey, don't sell yourself short, Addie. Y'know, because you're tall and all." More

From the Window To The Wall
From the Window To The Wall 2
From the Window To The Wall 3
From the Window To The Wall 4
From the Window To The Wall 5
From the Window To The Wall 7
From the Window To The Wall 8
From The Window To The Wall 9

From the Window To The Wall 6

502 26 5
By Bobbiejelly

From the Window To The Wall 6

When the drugs finally do wear off, Meredith schedules three dates in her calendar right away, and she's extremely excited.

"Yo Meredith, drinks at Joe's later?" Cristina asks her.

"Can't got a date," Meredith smiles.

"Tomorrow?" Cristina tries.

"Got another date," Meredith smirks this time.

"How about-" Cristina says, and Meredith cuts her off with a grin.

"I've got dates every night for three days, but we could have drinks after that? And we can still have lunch together," Meredith offers.

"Three dates in three days? Someone's making use of her time," Cristina chuckles.

"Hey, I've got a lot to catch up on," Meredith says eagerly.

"So are you going to tell me who these dates are with?" Cristina asks her.

"Sure, I mean, I already confessed to George," Meredith sighs.

"Oh come on, you told Bambi before me!? I am your person Mer!" Cristina protests.

"I was high okay, and he was there, and it came up that we'd had our... Experience... And then I introduced him to my... Girlfriend..." Meredith bites her lip nervously.

"Ah, so you have a girlfriend now. Well, I guess that makes things more interesting, huh," Cristina smiles.

"You're not judging me for this?" Meredith asks her.

"It makes a lot of sense, I mean, I was starting to wonder how you'd brought someone new home every night for a month and how I'd never seen that many single men at Joe's in that time frame," says Cristina.

"Yeah, it helped," Meredith chuckles.

"I bet you even brought couples home too," Cristina teases.

"Okay, but that's something I'm only telling you because you're my person, Cristina," whispers Meredith.

"Wow, you really are-" Cristina goes to say something, but then she takes a deep breath and says "popular."

"I know, isn't it awesome?" Meredith smiles, unaffected by her friend's comments.

"Alright, because you're excited it's awesome. I so want the gossip after," Cristina says.

"You don't even know who it is yet," says Meredith.

"Alex told me, it's the Ruler-Of-All-That-Is-Evil times two, plus McVet in the middle," Cristina says proudly.

"How did he know?" Meredith asks her.

"Oh please, your life is the sitcom around here," Cristina teases.

"Well, let's at least hope that this part of it has a happy ending," says Meredith.

"Yeah, for you and me both. I'm just glad I don't have to hear you complaining about McDreamy again," Cristina says honestly.

"Yeah, I'm kinda glad he pulled his hat out of the ring. Makes things less stressful," says Meredith.

"As a heads up, McSteamy's running a bet on all of it," Cristina warns her.

"On who I end up with?" Meredith asks her, a little surprised about it.

"Oh yeah, and I'm gonna make so much money," says Cristina.

"CRISTINA!?" Meredith sighs exasperatedly.

"What, it's easy. I know you. And hey, if I win, drink on me, alright?" Cristina says easily.

"Alright, but if you make more than a hundred, you're getting dinner too, seeing as this is my love life you're betting on," Meredith rolls her eyes pointedly.

"No problem," says Cristina confidently.

"This isn't a surgery, it's not like anyone's giving you an A+," Meredith sighs.

"Hey, no complaining, I'm just that good at everything," offers Cristina.

"Except maybe being humble," Meredith teases.

"Hey, everyone's got their endearing flaws," says Cristina.

"Alright then, good luck with your get rich quick scheme, now I gotta go, because I gotta get dressed for Addison."

And with that, Meredith scampers away happily, heading home so she can prepare for her evening.

It takes Meredith nearly an hour to figure out what to wear. She showers, puts on some panties and a bra, and then she's stuck and she changes and re-changes four times because she's so nervous.

"Do you need help?" Izzie knocks on the door.

"I can't decide what'll look sexier to Addison," Meredith says frustratedly.

"Okay, okay, we can work with this," offers Izzie. "I'll even help with your hair," she says.

"Thanks, Izzie," Meredith takes in a deep breath of relief. "There's just so many butterflies. It's our first date, and I've already confessed so many things to her when I was high, and she's Addison, y'know? She's all classy and gorgeous, and-" Meredith rambles.

"This must mean a lot to you if you're having this much of a crisis," Izzie teases.

"Hey, no fair," says Meredith. "And it's not a crisis, I'm just... I want it to go well. Addie stayed with me a lot in the hospital when I was sick, and I just-" Meredith sighs.

"You got attached," Izzie finishes.

"I think so," Meredith sighs.

"Alright, your hair's done, your outfit is done, your makeup is done. Do you want any jewelry?" Izzie considers.

"Just the bracelet, and I'll wear my new lip gloss," says Meredith, reaching for it.

"Ooh, better to kiss you with," Izzie smiles.

"You got it," Meredith smiles, imagining it, and her mind drifting further and further away.

Meredith is so lost in thought she can't hear what Izzie had been saying, but if she'd been paying attention, she would have heard her roommate's mutterings of "should have gone in on that bet, because I would be even richer by now. Hell, I could have gone in with eight million dollars and been a multi-multi-millionaire..."

When Addison knocks on the door, Meredith bites her lip and unlocks it, taking in the redhead's long form in her black coat and pearls again, her hair curled, and her face done up with makeup.

"Hi-" Meredith says nervously.

"Hey-" Addison says, equally a bit nervous.

"I'll just get my coat-" Meredith says quickly, as she reaches for it.

"Alright, no rush-" says Addison, as she admires Meredith's outfit.

"You look... Beautiful," Meredith finally settles on, once she selects it from all of the other adjectives for Addison she has just floating around in her mind.

"You look gorgeous," Addison says sweetly, as she holds out her arm for Meredith.

"Shall we?" Meredith gestures, stepping out of the house, and locking the door behind her.

"We shall," Addison smiles, as she leads Addison into the car.

"You know, it might have taken me ages to ask you out without the morphine. I definitely would have, but it might have been like, a month of angst otherwise," Meredith jokes lightly.

"Well, I'm glad that your medical troubles sped some things up for you," Addison laughs. "But I want you to feel like you can be honest with me anyway, and I'll try to be honest with you. Does that sound good?" Addison asks her.

"That sounds fantastic," says Meredith, grinning as they head off on their date.

"So I thought we could go bowling," says Addison, as she parks outside the local bowling alley.

"Are you like, secretly amazing at bowling?" Meredith asks her suspiciously.

"No," says Addison.

"We'll see about that," says Meredith, as they go in to rent shoes and play a few games together.

As it turns out, they're both perfectly average at bowling, and it makes for an interesting running.

Meredith chooses to bowl with both hands, and Addison teases her for it, until she gets a strike, and then Addison stops that.

"See, two hands are so much better than one," Meredith grins.

"I'll keep that in mind," Addison husks into Meredith's ear before pulling away again.

Meredith blushes a little bit, before recovering, and rolling her eyes at Addison smirking when she lands her own strike while holding the bowling ball properly.

Later on into the evening, Meredith is a bit sore from recovering from surgery still, so Addison bowls both turns for her while Meredith watches her, and she ends up winning the game for the blonde.

"Did you let me win?" Meredith asks her.

"Well, it's kinda like I was winning for myself, because I was doing all of the work," Addison smiles.

"I like that you're playing for both teams," Meredith whispers, and Addison laughs, and brushes her hair from her face before they both get slushies to end off the evening.

"I had a great time," says Meredith, as Addison drops her off to her house again.

"Yeah, me too," says Addison, as she stares at Meredith wistfully.

"See you in two days?" Meredith smiles.

"Yeah, for our next date," Addison nods, sighing to herself that Meredith still has a date without her tomorrow.

"Kiss goodnight?" Meredith asks her sweetly.

"Okay, kiss goodnight," Addison offers, as she places her purse on the doorstep for a moment so she can tuck in close with Meredith.

When their lips touch, it's soft and slow, and Meredith giggles because their tongues come out blue from the slushies.

"Get home safe, and text me?" Meredith says, as she waves goodbye to Addison.

"I will," says Addison, smiling as she heads off.

She's got all of two days to plan an even more impressive evening to win the blonde over in her favor.

*

*

*

*

*

***** END OF CHAPTER 6

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 808 66
"I wish I could talk to you, but it doesn't look like I can anymore." 5/5/15 #10 in short stories
1 0 1
That girl I had a biggest crush on when I was in high school can't leave my head. Maybe is time I find her again...with the help of my friends of cou...
65 0 14
"I'm definitely going to rip his head off!"
1.2K 54 16
"Admit it you want to be with him and not me." "No thats not true." I say "ADMIT IT EMILY!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Short story